commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

It's something that I have noticed even since the x360 that xbox caters multiplayer gamers better than playstation.

A major difference was that ps3 didn't have any party chat, the ps4 does have this now too but the xbox network is still better for multiplayer , the controller still is more durable, ergonomic and more performant. There's even the elite controller.

Most of the xbox exclusives are also multiplayer oriented, like halo, forza and gears of war. The upcoming sea of thieves is a multiplayer oriented game as well. If you look at the playstation exclusives you see a lot more single player oriented games. I don't think there's even a full fledged exclusive multiplayer game on there.

But you see this in multiplats too. World of tanks for instance came almost a year sooner to the xbox, this while catering a lot more content at release. Elite dangerous, which is pretty much the only multiplayer space shooter has still not been released on ps4. Magic duels, the multiplayer rpg card game, still not on ps4. Smite came later as well.

There's also exclusive content for one of the most succesfull multiplayer games, and that are legends in fifa ultimate team.

It seems to me, for someone that prefers multiplayer games , the xbox is obviously the better console.

What do you think?

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Well none of my friends own the system, so there's that.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44033 Posts

No reason to say just MP, it's the finest line up of games for both SP & MP plus with the added benefit of working nicely as the hub of your entertainment center which the others can only dream. :P

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Dakur
Member since 2014 • 3275 Posts

PS4 has the biggest audience so that makes multiplayer better there. More players, more time active, more diversiry, etc. Xbone caters to just bro gamers.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

You forgot to talk about Fifa ULTIMATE

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

Yes, I like my Xbox more when it comes to multiplayer games.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Yes, by far. PSN is still a shit show and despite having twice the numbers Xbox generally has more active communities.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#8 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@commander:

HALO....that's all I need to say.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

Playstation still can't match Halo or Forza so I'd say yeah. But PS4 has more than made up for it in single player content this gen compared to Xbox.

DarkTower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DarkTower
Member since 2017 • 201 Posts

PS4 is better at everything

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56041 Posts

On the Xbox 360, it was really good to play MP games on and it really depends on the game you want to play with friends and if you enjoy XBL community.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 loe12k
Member since 2013 • 3465 Posts

@commander said:

It's something that I have noticed even since the x360 that xbox caters multiplayer gamers better than playstation.

A major difference was that ps3 didn't have any party chat, the ps4 does have this now too but the xbox network is still better for multiplayer , the controller still is more durable, ergonomic and more performant. There's even the elite controller.

Most of the xbox exclusives are also multiplayer oriented, like halo, forza and gears of war. The upcoming sea of thieves is a multiplayer oriented game as well. If you look at the playstation exclusives you see a lot more single player oriented games. I don't think there's even a full fledged exclusive multiplayer game on there.

But you see this in multiplats too. World of tanks for instance came almost a year sooner to the xbox, this while catering a lot more content at release. Elite dangerous, which is pretty much the only multiplayer space shooter has still not been released on ps4. Magic duels, the multiplayer rpg card game, still not on ps4. Smite came later as well.

There's also exclusive content for one of the most succesfull multiplayer games, and that are legends in fifa ultimate team.

It seems to me, for someone that prefers multiplayer games , the xbox is obviously the better console.

What do you think?

Of course. Sony just lucky they have third party support for the casual gamers or nobody buy that PS4.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 loe12k

@dakur said:

PS4 has the biggest audience so that makes multiplayer better there. More players, more time active, more diversiry, etc. Xbone caters to just bro gamers.

Games are laggy mess online see reports about PSN usage everyday.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By loe12k

@drummerdave9099 said:

Playstation still can't match Halo or Forza so I'd say yeah. But PS4 has more than made up for it in single player content this gen compared to Xbox.

Even hardcore xbox fans don't disagree Sony has better single player story games. But you see Dakur trying to say PSN is better then xbox live when we know for a fact thats bullshit.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 commander

@MonsieurX said:

You forgot to talk about Fifa ULTIMATE

Did I?

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

@dakur: Bro gamers actually play online games. The PS4 fanboys love their single player antisocial games. They all hate COD, or do they like it now cause it gets DLC content first ?. So a larger fractured audience isn't a great thing. You got your single player lames and the xbox dude bros that got duped into buying a Sony console.

It's a fact, Xbox is for MP experience. Sony is where you play movie games alone.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#17 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

Well of course. Xbox has better games, better online service (Xbox Live) and a greater focus on multiplayer games and MLG tournaments. It's untouchable.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 loe12k

@xxyetixx said:

@dakur: Bro gamers actually play online games. The PS4 fanboys love their single player antisocial games. They all hate COD, or do they like it now cause it gets DLC content first ?. So a larger fractured audience isn't a great thing. You got your single player lames and the xbox dude bros that got duped into buying a Sony console.

It's a fact, Xbox is for MP experience. Sony is where you play movie games alone.

True that why the 360 guys left xbox to go Playstation to play the better looking multiplat.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#19 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

I could see an argument for either way

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#20 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

XBL is at least worth paying for.

PS+ is garbage.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By loe12k

@aigis said:

I can jump on Gears 4 right now and have a ping of 12 to a European server and its smooth as butter not a hint of lag. I remember the Gears 2 days when that game was peer to peer it was a lag fest. I actually refuse to buy games nowadays that have a peer to peer connection

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#22 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

@loe12k said:
@aigis said:

I can jump on Gears 4 right now and have a ping of 12 to a European server and its smooth as butter not a hint of lag. I remember the Gears 2 days when that game was peer to peer it was a lag fest. I actually refuse to buy games nowadays that have a peer to peer connection

that depends on the game rather than the console though. For Honor is using p2p

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 loe12k

@aigis said:
@loe12k said:
@aigis said:

that depends on the game rather than the console though. For Honor is using p2p

Yes it has and its one of the reasons i skipped that game. When the game has more then 4 players it was a laggy mess, stuttering, disconnections **** that shit i am out.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

Xbox is literally inferior in every possible way. Multiplayer games included.

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Dakur

@xxyetixx: actually ps4 has more online players and buyers on COD. So Ps4 has enough bro gamers, the difference is that they are not the only online audience since the PS4 has variety unlike the xbone.

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Dakur

@pdogg93: "Xbox is literally inferior in every possible way. Multiplayer games included."

QFT

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 loe12k

@dakur said:

@pdogg93: "Xbox is literally inferior in every possible way. Multiplayer games included."

QFT

How cute you found a friend to play with.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By loe12k

@dakur said:

@xxyetixx: actually ps4 has more online players and buyers on COD. So Ps4 has enough bro gamers, the difference is that they are not the only online audience since the PS4 has variety unlike the xbone.

COD is a shit shooter and its boring.

Battlefield 1 is a masterpiece a true next gen third party shooter and it deserved every sale and high score review.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8020 Posts

Yep, no contest really.. More online-focused 1st party/exclusive games plus a more feature-rich and reliable online service..

For multiplayer, co-op or competitive, Xbox and Xbox Live is the way to go.. It's been that way since the original Xbox and it's still the case to this day..

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

I feel like Sony has always been weaker than the competition in regards to multiplayer.

This goes all the way back to the PS1 days when the N64 was the undisputed party machine and the PS1 couldn't come close to providing the multiplayer fun that the N64 did. Anybody that had both the N64 and PS1 would always be reaching for the N64 over the PS1 whenever friends were over. Then they released the PS2 with only two controller ports when every single competing console from Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sega had four controller ports standard. Then with the PS3, they were far inferior to the Xbox 360 in regards to online multiplayer gaming and they were inferior to the Wii in regards to local multiplayer gaming experiences. The same is true this generation, if you want the best online multiplayer gaming, you look to the Xbox One for that; and if you want the best local multiplayer gaming experiences, you look to the Wii U for that.

Multiplayer has just never been one of Sony's strengths and it's probably the biggest reason why I have always enjoyed Nintendo, Sega, and Microsoft consoles more. Throughout the entire history of Playstation consoles, no Playstation console has ever been the best for online gaming and Sony has definitely not done anywhere close to as much as Sega and Microsoft did to push online gaming forward and lead the online gaming revolution. In addition, no Playstation console has ever been the best for local multiplayer gaming either; in fact, multiplayer was of such little priority to Sony that they did not have any console with 4 controller ports standard until the PS3 in 2006 when every single other competing console released in the prior 10 years since 1996 offered 4 controller ports as standard.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#31 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

Duh PSN is garbage compared to Live and Xbox games mainly focus on MP and co-op.

All the latest and upcoming Xbox games all have robust co-op and MP components. FH3, DR4, Halo Wars 2, Sea of Thieves, Crackdown 3, State of Decay 2, Cuphead, Gigantic.

Its also the reason some Xbox games often get lowballed on GS because they arent reviewed for the sum of their parts they are reviewed as single player games.

Thats the reason most of the cows here hate Xbox too. They mostly play single player games.

I've even seen some regs that play on PSN say they try to play online with other people from this forum and they wont even reply. Half your favorite cow trolls here wont even tell you their gamertag.

The Xbox community is just more social than the PS4 community.

Bowaddict4L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Bowaddict4L
Member since 2017 • 38 Posts

Having both systems and paying for online for both, Xbox live is definitely our first choice. It just seems more try hards and laggers and cheaters are on PSN. And everyone stays quiet so why even bother to have game chat at all. And I shake my head when they got all the timed exclusive deals. Honestly with Scorpio on the horizon I wonder if these same publishers and devs. are gonna be trying to scramble out of the deals they made with Sony.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

Better multiplayer is defined by who u have to play with not system. All the good multiplayer games are multiplat and whatever differences between the systems as far online goes id inconsequential at this point. This was an issue in 2006 but its 2017 now

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34  Edited By Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44108 Posts

From my personal experience I would say that it is.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#35 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

Yep, altough it's an opinion

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 commander

@NFJSupreme said:

Better multiplayer is defined by who u have to play with not system. All the good multiplayer games are multiplat and whatever differences between the systems as far online goes id inconsequential at this point. This was an issue in 2006 but its 2017 now

Most people here claim otherwise.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 PutASpongeOn
Member since 2014 • 4897 Posts

Not even close, there is literally no reason to own an xbox one.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Both are dog s*it for local multiplayer.

Tried finding a co-op game to play with my partner, absolutely baron on the PS4.... went and played on the Wii U instead.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 PutASpongeOn
Member since 2014 • 4897 Posts

@xxyetixx: Pretty sure anyone with good taste hates cod/battlefield.

No, xbox one has nothing of merit except forza and sunset overdrive, forza is on pc.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@putaspongeon said:

@xxyetixx: Pretty sure anyone with good taste hates cod/battlefield.

No, xbox one has nothing of merit except forza and sunset overdrive, forza is on pc.

Battlefield use to be a stellar franchise....

Until it became popular on consoles.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

@commander: lol this fanboy infested place does not matter.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

Better network, and best multiplayer games. So yes

PopGotcha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#43  Edited By PopGotcha
Member since 2016 • 716 Posts

But Fifa ULTIMATE will save the XBOX!!!!!

In terms of quality, yeah I could agree that Xbox Live is a better service, plus Gold is easily worth paying more than PS+

Butttttt... with double the user base on PS4, I find I do all my online gaming on that. Plus I easily have 40 more friends on PSN. So therefor, for me, PSN is a better experience. I tend to find it harder to find games on XBOX too. Halo5 is dead in AUS.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 commander

@popgotcha said:

But Fifa ULTIMATE will save the XBOX!!!!!

In terms of quality, yeah I could agree that Xbox Live is a better service, plus Gold is easily worth paying more than PS+

Butttttt... with double the user base on PS4, I find I do all my online gaming on that. Plus I easily have 40 more friends on PSN. So therefor, for me, PSN is a better experience. I tend to find it harder to find games on XBOX too. Halo5 is dead in AUS.

the xbox doesn't need saving

@NFJSupreme said:

@commander: lol this fanboy infested place does not matter.

yeah , a lot of sony fans here

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

The Xbox One isn't better at anything.

PopGotcha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 PopGotcha

@commander: Care to explain why it doesn't?

PopGotcha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 PopGotcha

@silversix_: Only things I prefer is the controller (I have large hands, Dualshock tends to cramp my hands a lot) and Gamerscore (not a fan of trophies). That's it

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 commander
@popgotcha said:

@commander: Care to explain why it doesn't?

Revenue comes from more than console sales only, besides xbox sales are good enough.

TrueGamer1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By TrueGamer1337
Member since 2017 • 9 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

No reason to say just MP, it's the finest line up of games for both SP & MP plus with the added benefit of working nicely as the hub of your entertainment center which the others can only dream. :P

No truer words have ever been spoken. Cows and Hermits dream of an experience like the Xbox experience! Sheep have not been relevant since the Wii.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

Nope, that old myth is dead

Started off when PS2 had no online, then early PS3 online was shoddy. But now the better multiplayer console is the one with a solid online system and larger install base, PS4.