Is Xbox One a flop?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Is Xbox One a flop? (34 votes)

Yes, yes it is! 56%
No, it's the best of the 3 15%
I eat crayons. 29%

It's almost at the end of the gen, time to decide folks!

• 
Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

If we are using standard gens, no cause Bone and PS4 are with the WIIU.

If we are using loose gens, then yes, cause the Switch will beat them by next year.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

its a flop for me personally

LnV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4 LnV
Member since 2018 • 151 Posts

40 million for me isnt a flop...It is more than the 64 and I dont want to see it as a flop.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55899 Posts

But we'd had this kind of thread in the past already!

Is SW not even trying anymore?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
Member since 2017 • 1499 Posts

@davillain-: My thoughts exactly. Some of the worst threads ever...

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11004 Posts

Does Microsoft want to share actual sales numbers of the console? Then there's your answer.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 43998 Posts

If I say yes then can we move on from here?

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts
@lnv said:

40 million for me isnt a flop...It is more than the 64 and I dont want to see it as a flop.

You're not counting for inflation of people. There is more people now than there was in 64 days.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I wouldn't call it a flop. It's sold better than the first Xbox by now which also means that it has beat both the Dreamcast and even the widely popular Virtual Boy.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@realgirl said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Does Microsoft want to share actual sales numbers of the console? Then there's your answer.

GT Sport must be a total flop then.

Logic.

Nice try but Kaz announced a while back that GT Sport has over 5 million players (no gamepass so these numbers are close to actual units sold)...

Back on topic, yea it's a total flop. I don't even know how any sane person can argue against this. MS at the start of the gen had enormous ambitions planning to reach "over 1 billion players" lol. MS stopped reporting numbers years ago after PS4 completely rekt them, and according to EA they are still in the 30-35 million range after almost 5 years on the market. The console will be lucky to sell 50 million lifetime and that's a huge drop off from what the 360 did.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts
@quadknight said:
@realgirl said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Logic.

Nice try but Kaz announced a while back that GT Sport has over 5 million players (no gamepass so these numbers are close to actual units sold)...

Back on topic, yea it's a total flop. i don't even know how any sane person can argue against this. MS at the start of the gen had enormous ambitions planning to reach "over 1 billion players" lol. MS stopped reporting numbers years ago after PS4 completely rekt them, and according to EA they are still in the 30-35 million range after almost 5 years on the market. The console will be lucky to sell 50 million lifetime and that's a huge drop off from what the 360 did.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By QuadKnight

@Telekill said:

I wouldn't call it a flop. It's sold better than the first Xbox by now which also means that it has beat both the Dreamcast and even the widely popular Virtual Boy.

You can't compare it to the sales of the first Xbox or the Dreamcast. The gaming market is a lot bigger than it was back then and this isn't MS' first console, it's their third. They should be doing a lot better than what they are doing now.

The Dreamcast is also widely considered a failure even though it had good games. It didn't sell enough to keep SEGA in the console business so it's not flattering to compare the Xbone sales to it.

CRUSHER88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 3

#16 CRUSHER88
Member since 2003 • 2037 Posts

I guess it depends how its being measured. It failed in comparison to the 360, but MS also didn't throw in the towel like the Wii U. From a software perspective, it has most of the major 3rd party titles and has released a few new IPs (none of which that have really caught on). They have also done a solid job in the services department (games pass, play anywhere, accepting EA Access on the platform, cross play, BC). The beginning of the gen crushed them and MS has done well at keeping afloat until next gen.

In the end, the original iteration of the Xbox One is definitely a flop. The back half of the gen has shown a solid recovery.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By QuadKnight

@realgirl said:
@quadknight said:
@realgirl said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Logic.

LOL my point exactly, over 5 million players, not sales; players. Last I checked that's not sales figures bud. Using the same train of thought you guys leverage at Microsoft they're hiding sales figures due to poor performance.

GTFO here you goal post moving clown. Sony doesn't do gamepass or a rental service for GT Sport so players is closer to the actual amount sold.

MS isn't even bothering to release any sort of numbers for Xbone sales so your comparison is bullshit.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11004 Posts
@realgirl said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Logic.

Go ahead, buddy. Grasp those straws. LOL!

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By QuadKnight

@realgirl said:
@quadknight said:

Back on topic, yea it's a total flop. i don't even know how any sane person can argue against this. MS at the start of the gen had enormous ambitions planning to reach "over 1 billion players" lol. MS stopped reporting numbers years ago after PS4 completely rekt them, and according to EA they are still in the 30-35 million range after almost 5 years on the market. The console will be lucky to sell 50 million lifetime and that's a huge drop off from what the 360 did.

You're still rattling on about that EA nonsense lol? That's over.

This is EA's reporting, this is how bad their figures are.

• End of 2016: 26 million
  • End of 2017: 29.4 million

That's 3.4 million according to them in a full year globally.

The Xbox One sold 800,000 more than that 3.4 million gap alone in the United States for 2017, EA is completely off their rocker. You're already aware of this and you keep running with it using horrible numbers to low ball this system at every opportunity.

EA's credibility when it comes to reporting sales numbers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> poop >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> You.

? I'd rather trust an MS business partner with sales numbers than a dumbass sweaty neckbeard like you pretending to be a girl on the internet.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 QuadKnight

@realgirl said:
@quadknight said:
@realgirl said:
@quadknight said:

You're still rattling on about that EA nonsense lol? That's over.

This is EA's reporting, this is how bad their figures are.

• End of 2016: 26 million
  • End of 2017: 29.4 million

That's 3.4 million according to them in a full year globally.

The Xbox One sold 800,000 more than that 3.4 million gap alone in the United States for 2017, EA is completely off their rocker. You're already aware of this and you keep running with it using horrible numbers to low ball this system at every opportunity.

EA's credibility when it comes to reporting sales numbers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> poop >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> You.

? I'd rather trust an MS business partner with sales numbers than a dumbass sweaty lem like you pretending to be a girl on the internet.

The above proves they have no credibility. You're delusional.

>Credibility

>Sweaty neckbeard Lem

Pick one.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

We've had a looooot of threads on the "flop" status of the X1, and now it's turning to personal attacks