Is Xbox Brand Finished?

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-Damien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 -Damien-
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts

1. Xbox division is losing 2 Billion dollar a year

2. Many MS execs (Elop, etc), board members (Paul Allen, etc) want to get rid of it

3. Xbone is the biggest joke, the punching line of the game industry, tracking way behind PS4 in term of pre-order

4. MS lack of first party studios indicates no long term commitment, at least in gaming vertical

So is Xbox brand finished? is Xbone, the most unpopular gaming console ever created, the last Xbox?

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

I´d better like to know when you stop making threads.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#3 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

No.

-Damien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By -Damien-

@jhonMalcovich said:

I´d better like to know when you stop making threads.

Chances are Xbone long gone before I stop making threads

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

xbox aint going nowhere man.

insanegame377

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By insanegame377
Member since 2013 • 392 Posts

Xbox will continue to be a success, especially as it continues to attract the casual market, I cant see it going anywhere anytime soon.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5860 Posts

errr you need to get you facts correct.

Xbox made investments in the last year in preparation for the launch to the tune of $2b, they haven't been losing it each year.

Many is an exaggeration and you can bet your bottom dollar exec's in all companies want to get rid of things.

PS3 was the biggest joke with the Cell processor at the time but it did ok.

MS has similar numbers of 1st party studios to Sony (recently purchased more). Looking at launch games line up Xbox One is has a good all round offering and they have freely admitted they messed up in the last 2 years of Xbox and wont be doing the same with Xbox One.

Kindly go away

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

Nope. The Xbone will do fine this gen and I plan on getting on at some point.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@-Damien- said:

2. Many MS execs (Elop, etc), board members (Paul Allen, etc) want to get rid of it

3. Xbone is the biggest joke, the punching line of the game industry, tracking way behind PS4 in term of pre-order

4. MS lack of first party studios indicates no long term commitment, at least in gaming vertical

So is Xbox brand finished? is Xbone, the most unpopular gaming console ever created, the last Xbox?

IDK, will you ever stop posting cow troll threads? Ever? Can we go a week without out making a thread filled with bullshit? Please? One Week?

SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SKaREO
Member since 2006 • 3161 Posts

Xbox has always been dead, but the lems just won't let go.

-Damien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 -Damien-

@insanegame377 said:

Xbox will continue to be a success, especially as it continues to attract the casual market, I cant see it going anywhere anytime soon.

how is losing 2 Billion dollar a year a success?

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

I believe idiots like have been saying that since the first Xbox.

SonofK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SonofK
Member since 2013 • 1088 Posts

@-Damien- said:

@insanegame377 said:

how is losing 2 Billion dollar a year a success?

3 billion dollars over the course of 10 years = 2 billion a year? Learn math

And by this logic, Sony and the Playstation brand are the biggest failures out of any platform.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#15  Edited By timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

Does Damien serve any purpose in System Wars?

roadkill88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 roadkill88
Member since 2005 • 2313 Posts

Third straight failure in a row... answer is yes.

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 danabo
Member since 2003 • 2438 Posts

Hey, look. Another thread that needs this...

Loading Video...
clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

The first Xbox only sold 25 million and PS2 sold 155 million. Xbox survived then and will survive against PS4, although the PS4 will way outsell the X1.

cmat35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 cmat35
Member since 2007 • 89 Posts

I certainly hope not. The last thing you'd want is one company to dominate the market.

NineTailedGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 NineTailedGoku
Member since 2012 • 1977 Posts

@timbers_WSU: More than you and your terrible threads

SonofK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SonofK

@NineTailedGoku said:

@timbers_WSU: More than you and your terrible threads

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@-Damien- said:

1. PS3 lost over $5 billion last gen for Sony, so should Sony Kill the Playstation Brand?

2. Many Sony investors wanted Sony to change their Gaming Division stucture and seperate it from the other business as well. Sony said "No" . Microsoft will say , "No" Business will move on,

3. It's a joke only to bias fanboys. Xbox One preorders had made a comeback. Estimated preorders are now at PS4 - 1.2 million and XB1 at 900K.

4. I guess gamers don't realize that Microsoft have increased their 1st party studios. They now have about 12 studios and are still looking into increasing that number.

The most unpopular gaming product was the PSP Go. It lasted a mere 7 months before it died worldwide. What a joke that was.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

Keep dreaming TC, but the xbox brand will probably still be alive in 10 years.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 blackace

@timbers_WSU said:

I wonder the same for I_can_haz, Shewgenja, silversix_ ,ReadingRainbow4, Krelian-co, Jakandsigz, NineTailedGoku , killzowned24 & SNIPE4321 as well. All they do is troll XB1 threads all day and create bias Anti-XB1/M$ threads. Nothing intelligent to say, just bias bashing of XB1 and praising, bow and kissing of Sony's @$$ and the PS4.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@blackace said:

@timbers_WSU said:

I wonder the same for I_can_haz, Shewgenja, silversix_ ,ReadingRainbow4, Krelian-co, Jakandsigz, NineTailedGoku , killzowned24 & SNIPE4321 as well. All they do is troll XB1 threads all day and create bias Anti-XB1/M$ threads. Nothing intelligent to say, just bias bashing of XB1 and praising, bow and kissing of Sony's @$$ and the PS4.

Co-sign. But its the Cow way.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@blackace said:

@-Damien- said:

1. PS3 lost over $5 billion last gen for Sony, so should Sony Kill the Playstation Brand?

2. Many Sony investors wanted Sony to change their Gaming Division stucture and seperate it from the other business as well. Sony said "No" . Microsoft will say , "No" Business will move on,

3. It's a joke only to bias fanboys. Xbox One preorders had made a comeback. Estimated preorders are now at PS4 - 1.2 million and XB1 at 900K.

4. I guess gamers don't realize that Microsoft have increased their 1st party studios. They now have about 12 studios and are still looking into increasing that number.

The most unpopular gaming product was the PSP Go. It lasted a mere 7 months before it died worldwide. What a joke that was.

Shhhh1 He doesn't want facts You must speak to him in his native tongue.

"Mooooo! You have been owned, noob! So much Damage Control! Moooo! You're butthurt!" Cows respond to phrases and words like those. Intelligent communication simply isn't possible.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#28 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@tdkmillsy said:

errr you need to get you facts correct.

Xbox made investments in the last year in preparation for the launch to the tune of $2b, they haven't been losing it each year.

Many is an exaggeration and you can bet your bottom dollar exec's in all companies want to get rid of things.

PS3 was the biggest joke with the Cell processor at the time but it did ok.

MS has similar numbers of 1st party studios to Sony (recently purchased more). Looking at launch games line up Xbox One is has a good all round offering and they have freely admitted they messed up in the last 2 years of Xbox and wont be doing the same with Xbox One.

Kindly go away

He's going off that thread made yesterday where some analyst BELIEVES Xbox has lost 2 billion a year. Amazing, when your down they come a running to stomp and pound, don't they. TC, at least do it with FACTS. A belief is not a fact. I was series 7 registered from 1993 -1996. For you that means a stock broker. I had to analyze companies I wanted to pitch, so I guess I'm an analyst also. This analyst believes Sony will be belly up in 7 days. MS is already bell up, and Nintendo will buy the white house. See how that works.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#29 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

@SNIPER4321 said:

I hope so. get rid of xbox brand.

make playstation brand exclusive for console games (casuals, teens, girls) and PC for core Gamers.

every one will be happy.

Well, most PS3 exclusives are already JRPG's and PS4 has Knack. I'm sure a Barbie game exclusive to PS4 is inevitable.

Meanwhile, PC will get hardcore games like Stalker and Metro.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#30  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@blackace said:

@timbers_WSU said:

Well its like you said, they're competition. You only attack when something threatens. Question is, whats so threatening? Its more expensive, weaker, 720p box. Or is it the fact that people don't care about this stuff and still want to play games on it. That threatens the insecure.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@blackace said:

@timbers_WSU said:

wowowowowowow don't put me in the same shit boat where you belong. You're blind and defend a shit not worth defending even when they're sucking hard. That's your own fault and no1 else. Xbone doesn't produce any good news, overpriced and does only 720p in year 2013. If you defend this kind of garbage you shouldn't be talking about hate cuz you're obviously blind to what's going on with X1 vs PS4. PS4 crushes it in every single department that belongs to gaming and cost least... wake the f up and acknowledge it instead of crying because some random dude on a forum said mean mean MEAN things about your little system of choice...

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50547 Posts

@-Damien- said:

No and the very last thing a cow should bring up is any company losing money. Seriously.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

YUP! it is to be honest

the Xbone will be a huge failure and their 3rd in a row

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

@blackace said:

@timbers_WSU said:

On the flipside we got shawn30, blackace, StormyJoe and co. getting OWNED out the ass daily by the people you listed above lol

You and your crew been getting owned since E3 dude... E3! . The X1 sucks and should be bashed

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22631 Posts

Id give anything to read a thread from a fan boy that actually made a convincing argument... I suppose that'd be like asking a jew and a Palestinian to hold hands and sing xmas carols on Christmas morning though.

This just in... The xbox brand will continue to be around for at least another ten years... Just like playstation. Anything else to the contrary is diaper crying butthurt.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#36  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

XBOX brand is in trouble at the mo, but not finished. Not yet at least.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@silversix_ said:

@blackace said:

@timbers_WSU said:

wowowowowowow don't put me in the same shit boat where you belong. You're blind and defend a shit not worth defending even when they're sucking hard. That's your own fault and no1 else. Xbone doesn't produce any good news, overpriced and does only 720p in year 2013. If you defend this kind of garbage you shouldn't be talking about hate cuz you're obviously blind to what's going on with X1 vs PS4. PS4 crushes it in every single department that belongs to gaming and cost least... wake the f up and acknowledge it instead of crying because some random dude on a forum said mean mean MEAN things about your little system of choice...

Based off that response I'd say you belong exactly where Timbers said you belong. That response wreaked of fanboyism.

Yeah cow with typical cow response confirmed. You're no better than anyone he mentioned.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 silversix_

@kingtito said:

@silversix_ said:

@blackace said:

@timbers_WSU said:

Based off that response I'd say you belong exactly where Timbers said you belong. That response wreaked of fanboyism.

Yeah cow with typical cow response confirmed. You're no better than anyone he mentioned.

okay then im penetrating the cow zone. hello cows

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@blackace said:

@timbers_WSU said:

On the flipside we got shawn30, blackace, StormyJoe and co. getting OWNED out the ass daily by the people you listed above lol

You and your crew been getting owned since E3 dude... E3! . The X1 sucks and should be bashed

Oh the mind of a delusinal fanboy. I wonder if you guys really believe anyone takes you seriously? Do you really think your opinions are taken more seriously than a grain of salt?

Serioulsy, I'd like to know.

SonofK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SonofK

@silversix_ said:

@blackace said:

@timbers_WSU said:

Not liking the XB1 doesn't put you in the same boat as those idiots, coming to any XB1 related thread for the SOLE purpose of bashing it is what puts you in the same boat as those idiots.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/xbox-one-all-in-one-demo-with-yusuf-mehdi-and-marc-30914068/?page=2

First thing you mention is 720, even though the thread had nothing to do with visuals.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 XBOunity
Member since 2013 • 3837 Posts

@timbers_WSU: no

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@blackace said:

@timbers_WSU said:

HA HA HA HA HA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HA!!!!!

Not one of those dolts have ever owned me, and neither have you! Cows can't own - they're arguments are consistently countered by a little word called "facts".

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

Yes its finished, now that your life is complete you can leave System Wars forever fulfilled in the knowledge that the Xbox is no more.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By blackace

@SonofK said:

@silversix_ said:

@blackace said:

@timbers_WSU said:

Not liking the XB1 doesn't put you in the same boat as those idiots, coming to any XB1 related thread for the SOLE purpose of bashing it is what puts you in the same boat as those idiots.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/xbox-one-all-in-one-demo-with-yusuf-mehdi-and-marc-30914068/?page=2

First thing you mention is 720, even though the thread had nothing to do with visuals.

@silversix_ is a cow, but doesn't seem to know it yet. All he does is bash the XB1 as well. Calling a game console that produces fun games garbage makes you not a gamer. It's funny how gamers forget that SNES, Genesis, N64, Saturn, Playstation, PS2 and tons of other games systems didn't have 1080P 60fps games, YET they still played all the games on these consoles and had a blast playing them. If cows truly believe a games HAS TO BE 1080P 60FPS to be great, fun and playable, they are truly the morons of SW.

Also NEXT _GEN does not mean better specs, better hardware or better games.

NEXT-GEN simply means the NEXT lineup of game consoles for a certain period of time. It never had anything to do with how games looked or what resolution they run in. The meaning of Next-Gen was defined before most of you idiots were even born. There are a few gamers on here that know the true meaning, but not many.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_console

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#45  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44548 Posts

I'm not inclined to buy the $2 billion/year loss figures, I could understand that being their operating costs without revenue generation taken into consideration, or maybe the $2 billion loss being recent because of X1 R&D cost but I don't buy this as any kind of trend, especially since they have like 48 million XBLG subscribers their revenues on that alone will be well over $2 billion.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 silversix_

@blackace said:

@SonofK said:

@silversix_ said:

@blackace said:

@timbers_WSU said:

@silversix_ is a cow, but doesn't seem to know it yet. All he does is bash the XB1 as well. Calling a game console that produces fun games garbage makes you not a gamer. It's funny how gamers forget that SNES, Genesis, N64, Saturn, Playstation, PS2 and tons of other games systems didn't have 1080P 60fps games, YET they still played all the games on these consoles and had a blast playing them. If cows truly believe a games HAS TO BE 1080P 60FPS to be great, fun and playable, they are truly the morons of SW.

NEXT-GEN simply means the NEXT lineup of game consoles for a certain period of time. It never had anything to do with how games looked or what resolution they run in. The meaning of Next-Gen was defined before most of you idiots were even born. There are a few gamers on here that know the true meaning, but not many.

okay okay we got it. You're frustrated because nothing good comes out from the Green team. I understand and apologize. In 6 days Xbone720p will be buried. You can start the countdown now. Don't try to BS what next gen means because you're obviously upset about X1's power but don't want to admit (like a lot of lems all over the place and not just SW). Graphics should be the first thing you notice when turning on your next gen system and they epic failed at it. You can find all kind of excuses but for now all we've seen X1 achieve is what 360 2.0 would. The kind of specs X1 has is what should've been released in 09 and not 2013.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

Xbox isn't finished, but I think this is someones last console. It might be make or break for Sony if they can't proffit off of the PS4 because many of the other electronics they used to proffit off of are largely irrelevant right now.

Wii U is a failure and many suits over at Microsoft aren't too fond of the Xbox division in general.. If Microsoft quits on Xbox though, it wouldn't be finished because they would sell it and another company would carry it. If for some reason they didn't sell it, another company would step it and make another console. There is never only going to be a one console market. Silly for goons to think that.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By blackace

@silversix_ said:

@blackace said:

@SonofK said:

@silversix_ said:

@blackace said:

@timbers_WSU said:

okay okay we got it. You're frustrated because nothing good comes out from the Green team. I understand and apologize. In 6 days Xbone720p will be buried. You can start the countdown now. Don't try to BS what next gen means because you're obviously upset about X1's power but don't want to admit (like a lot of lems all over the place and not just SW). Graphics should be the first thing you notice when turning on your next gen system and they epic failed at it. You can find all kind of excuses but for now all we've seen X1 achieve is what 360 2.0 would. The kind of specs X1 has is what should've been released in 09 and not 2013.

Wow.. someone completely missed my point. Dude, I'm getting both systems. I'm not upset about anything. Seriously. Specs, resoution, GPU's, CPU, etc.. don't really matter to me unless I'm building a PC. All i care about are the games. Gameplay & Fun is way more important to me then graphics and resolution. If you care so much about specs and resolution, you should be a PC gamer and not a console gamer. The PC blows the PS4 and XB1 away in graphics, power, performance and fps.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6846 Posts

Biggest concern is their long term commitment. Launch looks strong, but post launch is a real concern.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61473 Posts

@-Damien- said:

1. Where were those figures garnered?
  2. Who are the "etc?"