Is X1 the N64 of this generation?

• 160 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45084 Posts

The N64 wasn't exactly head to head with PS1 in terms of sales, but it had its fair share of high quality games and a strong fanbase. We also had classic, innovative games that will forever be remembered. Do you see the X1 being that way? I think so. I don't think the X1 will be able to compete with PS4, but will still put up respectable numbers and will be a highly regarded console.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

hell no n64 had 5 must have games after 2 years

xb1 has no exclusives and not even 1 killer app the 1 exclusive is a crappy 90's rollerblading game with aliens

thats there game thats it

is that zelda or mario 64 is that pilotwings or waverace no its not solid no its not

wheres xbones goldeneye or perfect dark or bomberman 64 it has no variety it has no identity it has zero exclusives microsoft isn't even supporting it threw windows 8 on an said here u go idiots buy it

dont compare this crappy xbone to n64 ever again

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#3 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

No, the N64 sucks

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

No the Xbox One sucks.

UnbiasedPoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 UnbiasedPoster
Member since 2013 • 1134 Posts

No, the N64 had quality exclusives.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

Wake me up when the X1 has an exclusive as important as OoT or Mario 64 and then maybe we can have this discussion.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Innovative system That's way better than the cheap garbage Sony put out? If you say so.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@ProtossX said:

xb1 has no exclusives and not even 1 killer app the 1 exclusive is a crappy 90's rollerblading game with aliens

is that zelda or mario 64 is that pilotwings or waverace no its not solid no its not

wheres xbones goldeneye or perfect dark or bomberman 64 it has no variety it has no identity it has zero exclusives microsoft isn't even supporting it threw windows 8 on an said here u go idiots buy it

b-b-b-ut Halo MCC!!!

You had so much fun with it :(

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56060 Posts

For one thing, N64 was the reason that Nintendo open the doors to Sony for creating the PlayStation in the first place so the N64 get's no pity for me when it should have been a CD-Rom. But the N64 did gave us Goldeneye and OoT.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ProtossX

@MonsieurX said:

@ProtossX said:

b-b-b-ut Halo MCC!!!

microsoft lied to me the multiplayer broken everytime i went to do multiplayer it was either 30 minute wait unbalanced teams or 2/5 ppl 3 left

it was bad every single time im never buying a halo until i see youtuber tell me its not complete garbage

the campaigns save bugs i beat campaigns and lost saves all the time the games weren't polished they weren't polished this wasn't a triple AAA franchise collection it was a launched to sell systems for christmas it scammed ppl

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#11 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

Nope.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@ProtossX said:

@MonsieurX said:

@ProtossX said:

b-b-b-ut Halo MCC!!!

microsoft lied to me the multiplayer broken everytime i went to do multiplayer it was either 30 minute wait unbalanced teams or 2/5 ppl 3 left

it was bad every single time im never buying a halo until i see youtuber tell me its not complete garbage

the campaigns save bugs i beat campaigns and lost saves all the time the games weren't polished they weren't polished this wasn't a triple AAA franchise collection it was a launched to sell systems for christmas it scammed ppl

But you lied to us then

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@UnbiasedPoster said:

Ori and the Blind Forest. FH2, Sunset Overdrive are all quality games on XB1. The XB1 has only been out for 1.5 years. Even better games are coming out this year.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ProtossX

@blackace said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

Ori and the Blind Forest. FH2, Sunset Overdrive are all quality games on XB1. The XB1 has only been out for 1.5 years. Even better games are coming out this year.

Ori better on PC/Laptop....FH2 (same as 360 version maybe higher res/framerate meh)....SO (flopped in sales, wasn't a killer app like zelda/mario not a must own game) .....thats ur lineup basically u list 3 games that are like either urnnin on 360 or on pc or just were flops and not mainstream gaming king games like the n64 had in its time

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56060 Posts

@ProtossX said:

@MonsieurX said:

@ProtossX said:

b-b-b-ut Halo MCC!!!

The Campaigns works just fine to me and the rest of the MP is now working.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13663 Posts

@ProtossX said:

You have never been able to explain how the PS4 is any better off apart from sales. It has Bloodbourne and that's been it since Infamous. That's it since launch and it might not have anything else big until next year.

I admit the X1 is shit though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#17 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

The N64 had paradigm shifting games that changed the way games were played and made forever. The Xbox One, well, does not.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By HalcyonScarlet

@ProtossX said:

@blackace said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

Ori better on PC/Laptop....FH2 (same as 360 version maybe higher res/framerate meh)....SO (flopped in sales, wasn't a killer app like zelda/mario not a must own game) .....thats ur lineup basically u list 3 games that are like either urnnin on 360 or on pc or just were flops and not mainstream gaming king games like the n64 had in its time

Entire sections were removed from the 360 version and Drivertar AI, which any Forza 5 fans will know is a big deal. In fact a whole bunch of features aren't in the 360 version. They aren't even based on the same engine. Resolution and framerates are the least of the difference.

Other games have been called platform exclusives in SWs for far less in terms of differences.

UnbiasedPoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By UnbiasedPoster

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@ProtossX said:

@blackace said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

removed Drivertar AI,

Oh, so the 360 actually has the superior version?

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
@charizard1605 said:

The N64 had paradigm shifting games that changed the way games were played and made forever. The Xbox One, well, does not.

That was back when there were differences between the gens. The N64 had more opportunity for that. So far the 8th gen is just a straight continuation of the 7th gen. Nothing really new across the board. And while they're using system resources on the current gen to chase graphics, that won't change.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 HalcyonScarlet
@UnbiasedPoster said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@ProtossX said:

@blackace said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

removed Drivertar AI,

That's about the dumbest thing I've heard.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@ProtossX: How quickly you've gained a reputation for being a liar. You should quit while your'e behind son.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@ProtossX said:

@blackace said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

Hhhmm.. none of those games flopped. They all scored well and either sold over 1 million or will in the near future. Not every N64 game was a quality game. They had flops as well. FH2 isn't the same on XBox 360. Even the developers said they weren't the same. FH2 on XB1 blows away the 360 version. All 3 games are must own. You one of the minorities who think otherwise. I'm sure there are gamers who think Bloodborne isn't a must own game as well.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@ProtossX said:

@MonsieurX said:

@ProtossX said:

b-b-b-ut Halo MCC!!!

In all fairness, I deal with the same stuff on TLOUR including terrible lag, teleporting players, bullet sponging, teams getting split up and sometimes my party gets put in different games and I've never heard one person complain about it as a knock against the game.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

What classic, innovative games that will be remembered does the X1 have or possibly have upcoming?

UnbiasedPoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 UnbiasedPoster

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@UnbiasedPoster said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@ProtossX said:

@blackace said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

removed Drivertar AI,

That's about the best thing I've heard.

FTFY

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
@UnbiasedPoster said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

FTFY

Do you know anything about it at all?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#29 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

lol NO!

UnbiasedPoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 UnbiasedPoster

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@UnbiasedPoster said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

FTFY

I do. Unless they've changed it from Forza 5. It's awful and the sentiment is shared by many people.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 HalcyonScarlet
@UnbiasedPoster said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@UnbiasedPoster said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

FTFY

I do. Unless they've changed it from Forza 5. It's awful and the sentiment is shared by many people.

How much did you use it?

Not true, it started off iffy, but turned out pretty good. It takes a major step against shit AI in racing games. Simulation reviews just mock GTs AI for being drone like and the AI on the older Forza games were just crazy, the AI would drive itself off the road.

This solution works well the more you use it.

It's probably improved in FH2 and will probably improve even more for FM6.

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Skelly34
Member since 2015 • 2353 Posts

The 3ds has more quality games than the xbox one from n64 remakes alone.
The 3ds has more quality games than the xbox one from n64 remakes alone.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts
@charizard1605 said:

Nor does the WiiU, PS4 or PS3/360 to the extent the N64 had. I'd still much rather have the PS3 than the N64. PS3 got the most quality exclusives last gen.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ProtossX

@makemefamous07 said:

The X1 is gonna be much better then the N64 which was trash all around. Crap controller/ no disc games which killed them. They lost alot of what made them big with NES? SNES. They tanked hard like they're now lmao. Back to being in last place and being the joke of the industry. Plz Undastand lol. Shows how they have old farts working over there and not up to the times in 2015. They cant even get a online service going and no Mics in there games LOL. Nintendo is just a dinousaur in 2015 and back in 1996 with the N64. where they got crushed. They'll NEVER learn.

PS4 i would say is the new wii of this gen. No fun/ good exclusvies besides a RPG game which arent as big as the 90s were or early 2000s and niche game that isnt for alot of gamers like Anime games like Persona and dog shit like that . ONly on forums and few others lol Delays/ games that have tanked and nothing to offer for 2 years come holiday 2015 unless u count Indie games but thats if those even come out this yr and thats if anyone will care if they come out during the fall. I doubt anyone will bum rush to target during holiday season to buy a psn card for indies or Until Dawn (movie game like The Order) lmao

wait how was the n64 trash i remember going to peoples house an playing goldeneye for hours all night 4 player with mines an bazookas an all typed of maps with doors an crap

how is that crappy exactly? people still have n64 hooked up to there tv and i seen them playing smash bro and golden eye single player its far from crap like u say the controller felt fine to me i don't understand

the games are still super high quality ppl play them all the time on stuff like 3ds or ds

the wii didn't have online or mics either and it outsold the ps3 and the xb360 so ur logic makes no sense how did wii beat the 360 / ps3 if it sucked so bad wthout mics and online? it beat them right? so it doesnt suck...if it crushed them so badly don't u think they should learn from it and take notes from them they gen leader last gen THEY THE LEADER!

and rpgs are still popular skyrim was one of the best selling games and it was an rpg and it was toppin charts all over the place same with fallout same with mass effect this genre is not dead its not even lose to dead kingdom hearts is coming this genre is thriving and living on all over the place bro ur completely out touch with reality u don't understand whats going on around

take a pill wake up grab a glass of water splash on it yourslef and wake the f up

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

Wii U is the n64 of this gen.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44551 Posts

No, the Xbox One is shaping up to be the Xbox of the 6th generation, minus the performance advantage. The Wii U will probably shape up to look more like the Dreamcast. I'm worried Nintendo's NX ambitions will probably result in a falloff of Nintendo support for making games for it in order to stack the deck for the NX launch.

UnbiasedPoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 UnbiasedPoster

@HalcyonScarlet said:

How much did you use it?

Not true, it started off iffy, but turned out pretty good. It takes a major step against shit AI in racing games. Simulation reviews just mock GTs AI for being drone like and the AI on the older Forza games were just crazy, the AI would drive itself off the road.

This solution works well the more you use it.

It's probably improved in FH2 and will probably improve even more for FM6.

Enough to not like it. It pulls in data from both online and offline races. I don't and many others don't race the same way in both races, but drivatar (worst name for anything ever?) doesn't seem to care.

And judging by the bold, my statement stands.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#39 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

@ProtossX said:

@MonsieurX said:

@ProtossX said:

b-b-b-ut Halo MCC!!!

But you lied to us then

Amazing how people hold others accountable for the same things they do.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Yes. Both consoles have Killer Instinct as an exclusive.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@MonsieurX said:

But you lied to us then

Amazing how people hold others accountable for the same things they do.

Amazing how many people don't know when others are joking around.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@bobrossperm said:
@charizard1605 said:

Nor does the WiiU, PS4 or PS3/360 to the extent the N64 had. I'd still much rather have the PS3 than the N64. PS3 got the most quality exclusives last gen.

Of course. I didn't say any of them had that. Which is why a comparison with the N64 is fallacious. no console will ever be the N64.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@charizard1605 said:

That was back when there were differences between the gens. The N64 had more opportunity for that. So far the 8th gen is just a straight continuation of the 7th gen. Nothing really new across the board. And while they're using system resources on the current gen to chase graphics, that won't change.

And then the next thing to consider is that nothing in the Xbox One library currently comes close to matching the best of the N64.

SonySoldier-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SonySoldier-_-
Member since 2012 • 1186 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

This..

sorry tc this wasn't a very good comparison at all.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

Innovative system That's way better than the cheap garbage Sony put out? If you say so.

Innovative b/c it has an over priced web cam with a mic.

Lemme put a doughnut on top my PS4....there innovative b/c it's a PS4 with a Fleshlight.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

People whine about Nintendo doing this and that and attempting all these things they consider odd. Nintendo has been doing this for the entirety of their time in the industry. People seem to forget that the N64 is just a machines. The importance is that it marked an era of inspiration for Nintendo, which changed game design up until today. People forget the periods leading up to its release. The early screen shots, some footage, the specs, and the controller.

There was actually immense backlash on the analog stick. People wanted the tried and true snes design. The N64 controller has the multigrip style as a fail safe of sorts. You can hold it the analog way, but having the ability to wield it like a traditional dpad controller was sort of a "well if this analog thing doesn't go over well..."

Of course then people played Mario 64 and the entire world was astonished at how great it was. I know there's more money in the industry now than at that time, but Mario 64 was huge. There hasn't been a milestone like that game since it came out.

Nintendo should just be Nintendo.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#47 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

@lostrib said:

What classic, innovative games that will be remembered does the X1 have or possibly have upcoming?

Scalebound, Banjo and Witcher 3.

I really think MS will have a killer e3 this year.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#48  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@lostrib said:

MCC innovated by releasing 4 broken games in a single package., unlike most games, where it's only one game that's broken.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@blackace said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

Indies don't count remember and lol from the 3 games you name 2 are multi and don't require and xbox one the real exclusive is SO is good but is not even as high score as Resistance was.

@charizard1605 said:

I remember when i first inserted Mario 64 damn such a great game,i would not drop that controller,and pilot wings i was a huge fan.

david61983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 david61983
Member since 2013 • 288 Posts

Uh no. N64 was the most powerful console of its generation. It also had amazing exclusives. It was nothing like the Xbone except maybe finishing 2nd in sales.