Is Vita dead?

• 139 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by jimmypsn (4425 posts) -

[QUOTE="jimmypsn"][QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

No that was only part of my argument, you didn't read the other parts.

And PS1 games is a big deal to me, FF7 is my number one favorite game of all time. The thought of being able to play that on a hand held device is just amazing. FF7 on the go, you can't beat that.

ShadowMoses900

Ports of old games or crappy ports of new games aren't enough. Third parties are bailing out. Sony needs to put real money behind their games on Vita. The problem is Sony doesn't have the resources for this. They are literally hanging on a thread for dear life.

Have you seen the Vita library recently? Have you seen where it was at launch and where it's at now? I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about, the Vita has a great amount of games now and it's growing.

I have seen the Vita library and there are no system sellers in the same league as mario 3d land for the 3ds. All i see are bad ports of console games that people can play on their 360s or ps3s. This is why it isn't selling as well as Sony has hoped for. You may think the games are great but the overall perception in the real world is that it is very mediocre and not worth the purchase.
#102 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="jimmypsn"] Ports of old games or crappy ports of new games aren't enough. Third parties are bailing out. Sony needs to put real money behind their games on Vita. The problem is Sony doesn't have the resources for this. They are literally hanging on a thread for dear life.jimmypsn

Have you seen the Vita library recently? Have you seen where it was at launch and where it's at now? I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about, the Vita has a great amount of games now and it's growing.

I have seen the Vita library and there are no system sellers in the same league as mario 3d land for the 3ds. All i see are bad ports of console games that people can play on their 360s or ps3s. This is why it isn't selling as well as Sony has hoped for. You may think the games are great but the overall perception in the real world is that it is very mediocre and not worth the purchase.

I can see that this discussion is going no where because you're simply too biased to understand another point of view. But I will leave you with this: the Vita will not die, you will see it for several more years and the library will continue to grow bigger and bigger and it will pick up in sales (it's already doing this) overtime.

You are just going to have to accept that the Vita will exist in the gaming world along with Sony and the PS3. And that one day you will also see a PS4, sorry the world isn't MS only but if it was it would be an absolute nightmare.

#103 Posted by The_Game21x (26362 posts) -

Dead? No.

But at this point, it might as well be.

#104 Posted by Comduter (2313 posts) -

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="jimmypsn"] Ports of old games or crappy ports of new games aren't enough. Third parties are bailing out. Sony needs to put real money behind their games on Vita. The problem is Sony doesn't have the resources for this. They are literally hanging on a thread for dear life.jimmypsn

What's so bad about these ports anyway? I've played Rayman Origins and the Metal Gear HD Collection on the Vita and they seem pretty good and well-made to me. Rayman Origins still looks and plays exactly the same as it does on the consoles. It even runs at 60 fps.

#105 Posted by jimmypsn (4425 posts) -

ShadowMoses900

I can see that this discussion is going no where because you're simply too biased to understand another point of view. But I will leave you with this: the Vita will not die, you will see it for several more years and the library will continue to grow bigger and bigger and it will pick up in sales (it's already doing this) overtime.

You are just going to have to accept that the Vita will exist in the gaming world along with Sony and the PS3. And that one day you will also see a PS4, sorry the world isn't MS only but if it was it would be an absolute nightmare.

You don't know Sony that well. This is how it will play out. Sony will not delare the Vita is dead. It will just languish over time with a slow drip of games coming out for it but one day they will cease. Over time the only games coming out for it will be crappy bargain bin games. It will just be forgotton. That's how they killed the PS Experia phone.

#106 Posted by Fizzman (9892 posts) -

Comduter

What's so bad about these ports anyway? I've played Rayman Origins and the Metal Gear HD Collection on the Vita and they seem pretty good and well-made to me. Rayman Origins still looks and plays exactly the same as it does on the consoles. It even runs at 60 fps.

They arent bad, but they dont provide any reason to pick up a Vita. They are bad in that sense.

#107 Posted by Comduter (2313 posts) -

[QUOTE="Comduter"]

[QUOTE="jimmypsn"] I have seen the Vita library and there are no system sellers in the same league as mario 3d land for the 3ds. All i see are bad ports of console games that people can play on their 360s or ps3s. This is why it isn't selling as well as Sony has hoped for. You may think the games are great but the overall perception in the real world is that it is very mediocre and not worth the purchase.Fizzman

They arent bad, but they dont provide any reason to pick up a Vita. They are bad in that sense.

So you're saying that they're still bad even though they're actually not bad? Yeah. That makes perfect sense. A good game is still a good game regardless or whether or not it's a kiler app.

#108 Posted by p4s2p0 (4167 posts) -
[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

I doubt that. When psp had more of what you call "bad ports of console games that can be played on home console", and did fine. Portables highest sellers are usually ports or a new entry into a home console series, so while you don't like them many do. Psp highest seller was gta and ds mario
#109 Posted by FlamesOfGrey (7511 posts) -

[QUOTE="Fizzman"]

[QUOTE="Comduter"]What's so bad about these ports anyway? I've played Rayman Origins and the Metal Gear HD Collection on the Vita and they seem pretty good and well-made to me. Rayman Origins still looks and plays exactly the same as it does on the consoles. It even runs at 60 fps.

Comduter

So you're saying that they're still bad even though they're actually not bad? Yeah. That makes perfect sense. A good game is still a good game regardless or whether or not it's a kiler app.

In System Wars it's Killer Ap or bust.
Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
#110 Posted by -ArchAngeL-777- (3840 posts) -

[QUOTE="Comduter"]

[QUOTE="jimmypsn"] I have seen the Vita library and there are no system sellers in the same league as mario 3d land for the 3ds. All i see are bad ports of console games that people can play on their 360s or ps3s. This is why it isn't selling as well as Sony has hoped for. You may think the games are great but the overall perception in the real world is that it is very mediocre and not worth the purchase.Fizzman

Sure they do. The fact you can play these games anywhere. Look at this whole discussion...comparing Vita games to consoles. The mere fact people keep doing this is reason alone to buy a Vita. It also shows people are glossing over the fact its a mobile device, essentially taking that for granted. What other mobile platform can you compare to consoles without inducing gut wrenching laughter? iOS? iPad? even 3DS? haha Whatever. Most people that actually own one know what I'm saying. It feels like a 3 generation leap from other mobile devices.

COD is by far the best shooter multiplayer on a mobile platform. Its not even close. Uncharted Golden Abyss plays just like the PS3 Uncharted games. NFS Most Wanted packs the entire open world onto Vita while the iOS version is nothing but some pre-canned races. Vita has also only been out 9 months outside of Japan. We arent even at the one year mark. Vita isnt going anywhere.

#111 Posted by GreySeal9 (28247 posts) -

[QUOTE="Fizzman"]

[QUOTE="Comduter"]What's so bad about these ports anyway? I've played Rayman Origins and the Metal Gear HD Collection on the Vita and they seem pretty good and well-made to me. Rayman Origins still looks and plays exactly the same as it does on the consoles. It even runs at 60 fps.

-ArchAngeL-777-

Sure they do. The fact you can play these games anywhere. Look at this whole discussion...comparing Vita games to consoles. The mere fact people keep doing this is reason alone to buy a Vita. It also shows people are glossing over the fact its a mobile device, essentially taking that for granted. What other mobile platform can you compare to consoles without inducing gut wrenching laughter? iOS? iPad? even 3DS? haha Whatever. Most people that actually own one know what I'm saying. It feels like a 3 generation leap from other mobile devices.

COD is by far the best shooter multiplayer on a mobile platform. Its not even close. Uncharted Golden Abyss plays just like the PS3 Uncharted games. NFS Most Wanted packs the entire open world onto Vita while the iOS version is nothing but some pre-canned races. Vita has also only been out 9 months outside of Japan. We arent even at the one year mark. Vita isnt going anywhere.

^Delusional. But then again, you ARE the guy who thinks that Vita is not selling because it's "too good."

#112 Posted by Fizzman (9892 posts) -

[QUOTE="Fizzman"]

Comduter

They are bad at convicncing people to purchase a Vita. How is it so hard to comprehend something so simple? That is the #1 factor in determining success of a console early on in it's life.

If i can buy a good game on a console i already own, why would i buy it on a console i dont own? Only a moron would do that.

#113 Posted by lordreaven (7239 posts) -

The Vita was killed the momment Sony decided to herp derp the save game/DLC storage by forcing you to buy a overpriced memorystick instead of having it saved on the game cartridge (like it was originally planned). Also forcin people to buy one to even play their games was a STUPID move. The Vita was screwed by Sony. I still plan to buy one, but it will wait untill I feel it has a decent library.

#114 Posted by p4s2p0 (4167 posts) -

The Vita was killed the momment Sony decided to herp derp the save game/DLC storage by forcing you to buy a overpriced memorystick instead of having it saved on the game cartridge (like it was originally planned). lordreaven

What that doesn't' make sense. Psp memory cards which were more expensive and also required outside of bundles like vita, and wasn't killed.

#115 Posted by quickposter (1711 posts) -

Actually, it is a fact. Better graphics, sound, features (PSN over Friend Codes, Cross Game Chat, Party System, Custom Soundtracks). It even performs better with aps like Netflix over the 3DS.FlamesOfGrey

I don't agree. PSN is better yes but cross game chat is not even needed. And better graphics does not mean the hardware itself is better. I have had several crashes with Vita and not a problem with my 3DS. It is about user need.

You cannot pass off a preference in hardware as a fact. The touch pad just hinders the game but the touch screen isn't a problem.

#116 Posted by lordreaven (7239 posts) -
[QUOTE="lordreaven"]

The Vita was killed the momment Sony decided to herp derp the save game/DLC storage by forcing you to buy a overpriced memorystick instead of having it saved on the game cartridge (like it was originally planned). p4s2p0

What that doesn't' make sense. When psp memory cards were also required outside of bundles like vita,and more expensive and it wasn't' killed.

The PSP didn't have a mandatory memory card system the PSV has. The PSV requires you to have one to even play a game, and iirc the system won't even turn on without one. Alos Sony priced the Memory cards WAY to high. The 32GB should be the "Standered" while the 16GB should be the "Cheap" option. The 32GB one should have costed $30 while the 16GB one should be $15. The system itself should have come with a 4GB card as a "Thanks for buying" just like the 3DS.
#117 Posted by FlamesOfGrey (7511 posts) -

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"]Actually, it is a fact. Better graphics, sound, features (PSN over Friend Codes, Cross Game Chat, Party System, Custom Soundtracks). It even performs better with aps like Netflix over the 3DS.quickposter

I don't agree. PSN is better yes but cross game chat is not even needed. And better graphics does not mean the hardware itself is better. I have had several crashes with Vita and not a problem with my 3DS. It is about user need.

You cannot pass off a preference in hardware as a fact. The touch pad just hinders the game but the touch screen isn't a problem.

I had no crashes with my Vita and actually had my original 3DS break. You can perfer what you get from the 3DS over the Vita but the Vita having better hardware and features is fact.
#118 Posted by p4s2p0 (4167 posts) -
[QUOTE="p4s2p0"][QUOTE="lordreaven"]

The Vita was killed the momment Sony decided to herp derp the save game/DLC storage by forcing you to buy a overpriced memorystick instead of having it saved on the game cartridge (like it was originally planned). lordreaven

What that doesn't' make sense. When psp memory cards were also required outside of bundles like vita,and more expensive and it wasn't' killed.

The PSP didn't have a mandatory memory card system the PSV has. The PSV requires you to have one to even play a game, and iirc the system won't even turn on without one. Alos Sony priced the Memory cards WAY to high. The 32GB should be the "Standered" while the 16GB should be the "Cheap" option. The 32GB one should have costed $30 while the 16GB one should be $15. The system itself should have come with a 4GB card as a "Thanks for buying" just like the 3DS.

I still count it since I don't see a point in playing a game I can't save on my systems. Another words I still needed a memory card. But you are right psv is more restrictive in some ways.
#119 Posted by quickposter (1711 posts) -

I had no crashes with my Vita and actually had my original 3DS break. You can perfer what you get from the 3DS over the Vita but the Vita having better hardware and features is fact.FlamesOfGrey

Garbage. That is like me saying 360 is factually a better controller (to PS3) because it is better suited to my hands. Better hardware is the hardware you get on better with as a gaming device so it is not a fact Vita is better hardware when I prefer using 3DS hardware anyway.

#120 Posted by FlamesOfGrey (7511 posts) -

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"]I had no crashes with my Vita and actually had my original 3DS break. You can perfer what you get from the 3DS over the Vita but the Vita having better hardware and features is fact.quickposter

Garbage. That is like me saying 360 is factually a better controller (to PS3) because it is better suited to my hands. Better hardware is the hardware you get on better with as a gaming device so it is not a fact Vita is better hardware when I prefer using 3DS hardware anyway.

Live in denile if that suits you.
#121 Posted by lordreaven (7239 posts) -
[QUOTE="p4s2p0"][QUOTE="lordreaven"][QUOTE="p4s2p0"] What that doesn't' make sense. When psp memory cards were also required outside of bundles like vita,and more expensive and it wasn't' killed.

I still count it since I don't see a point in playing a game I can't save on my systems. Another words I still needed a memory card.

No it doesn't, as I can chose to play without an Memory card with a PSP, while I cannot choose not to with the PSV.
#122 Posted by p4s2p0 (4167 posts) -
[QUOTE="lordreaven"][QUOTE="p4s2p0"][QUOTE="lordreaven"] The PSP didn't have a mandatory memory card system the PSV has. The PSV requires you to have one to even play a game, and iirc the system won't even turn on without one. Alos Sony priced the Memory cards WAY to high. The 32GB should be the "Standered" while the 16GB should be the "Cheap" option. The 32GB one should have costed $30 while the 16GB one should be $15. The system itself should have come with a 4GB card as a "Thanks for buying" just like the 3DS.

I still count it since I don't see a point in playing a game I can't save on my systems. Another words I still needed a memory card.

No it doesn't, as I can chose to play without an Memory card with a PSP, while I cannot choose not to with the PSV.

I added to it saying psv is more restrictive. Just a restriction that doesn't affect me.
#123 Posted by p4s2p0 (4167 posts) -
One thing I don't like is that physical games save to it instead of my vita card. I can see having the option, I just wish it wasn't mandatory.
#124 Posted by AtariKidX (6991 posts) -
Well it's better than the 3DS in every way if that's what you're askingthemajormayor
This +1.
#125 Posted by Comduter (2313 posts) -

[QUOTE="Comduter"]

[QUOTE="Fizzman"]

FlamesOfGrey

No it isn't. There are plenty of praised games here that aren't killer apps. Don't make up rules and assume they're true.

#126 Posted by Comduter (2313 posts) -

[QUOTE="Comduter"]

[QUOTE="Fizzman"]

Fizzman

They are bad at convicncing people to purchase a Vita. How is it so hard to comprehend something so simple? That is the #1 factor in determining success of a console early on in it's life.

If i can buy a good game on a console i already own, why would i buy it on a console i dont own? Only a moron would do that.

That's not what you even said originally. All you said was that Vita games are bad. Be specific if you want people to understand you that way. Besides, it's too early to determine the success of the Vita when it hasn't been out that long. The 3DS didn't have any killer apps (arguably) until a good 7-8 months after it came out. It takes a long time these days to determine the success of a console.

#127 Posted by Fizzman (9892 posts) -

[QUOTE="Fizzman"]

[QUOTE="Comduter"]So you're saying that they're still bad even though they're actually not bad? Yeah. That makes perfect sense. A good game is still a good game regardless or whether or not it's a kiler app.

Comduter

That's not what you even said originally. All you said was that Vita games are bad. Be specific if you want people to understand you that way. Besides, it's too early to determine the success of the Vita when it hasn't been out that long. The 3DS didn't have any killer apps (arguably) until a good 7-8 months after it came out. It takes a long time these days to determine the success of a console.

I was specific. I SPECIFICALLY stated why they were bad. You can't read.

Original Post

End Post

It was very clear why i called them bad.

#128 Posted by KiZZo1 (3974 posts) -

The Vita might struggle, but it will not die unless Sony goes under.

#129 Posted by FlamesOfGrey (7511 posts) -

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="Comduter"]So you're saying that they're still bad even though they're actually not bad? Yeah. That makes perfect sense. A good game is still a good game regardless or whether or not it's a kiler app.

Comduter

No it isn't. There are plenty of praised games here that aren't killer apps. Don't make up rules and assume they're true.

Whose making up rules? That generally how it goes here unless it's a multiplatform game that gets a good thread.

I don't see you around here too often so, maybe you should spend more time here before you accuse me of doing such a thing.

#130 Posted by Comduter (2313 posts) -

[QUOTE="Comduter"]

[QUOTE="Fizzman"]

Fizzman

Original Post

End Post

Yes I can read and this is actually what you originally said "All i see are bad ports of console games that people can play on their 360s or ps3s" (original meaning THE FIRST THING). Like I already said, be straight forward with your points if you want people to understand them the first time around. Are you able to underatand that?

#132 Posted by Fizzman (9892 posts) -

[QUOTE="Fizzman"]

[QUOTE="Comduter"]That's not what you even said originally. All you said was that Vita games are bad. Be specific if you want people to understand you that way. Besides, it's too early to determine the success of the Vita when it hasn't been out that long. The 3DS didn't have any killer apps (arguably) until a good 7-8 months after it came out. It takes a long time these days to determine the success of a console.

Comduter

Original Post

End Post

Yes I can read and this is actually what you originally said "All i see are bad ports of console games that people can play on their 360s or ps3s" (original meaning THE FIRST THING). Like I already said, be straight forward with your points if you want people to understand them the first time around. Are you able to underatand that?

Clearly, you cant read, because i never said that.

I am Fizzman

JimmyPSN wrote what you said i wrote.

#133 Posted by Comduter (2313 posts) -

[QUOTE="Comduter"]

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"] In System Wars it's Killer Ap or bust.FlamesOfGrey

Whose making up rules? That generally how it goes here unless it's a multiplatform game that gets a good thread.

I don't see you around here too often so, maybe you should spend more time here before you accuse me of doing such a thing.

What are you talking about? This isn't some game hype thread. I already said that all kinds of games are praised here, not just killer apps. Just because you don't see me posting here doesn't mean I don't come here often and read the message boards.

#134 Posted by Comduter (2313 posts) -

[QUOTE="Comduter"]

[QUOTE="Fizzman"]

Original Post

End Post

Fizzman

Clearly you cant read, because i never said that.

I am Fizzman

JimmyPSN wrote what you said i wrote.

Whatever. You simply took someone else's words and twisted them then because he didn't make the same point that you did.

#135 Posted by mariokart64fan (20535 posts) -

yes it is ! the fact that it has none of these major franchises proves it

nascar

wwe

resident evil

top gun

gta

driver

micro machines

so on and so on ,

at least psp had one in each of these -except re i think , it had a top gun micromachines gta driver nascar and wwe ,

these are big titles, and when you dont have some of these --- -your not going any where!

#136 Posted by Comduter (2313 posts) -

nascar

wwe

resident evil

top gun

gta

driver

micro machines

so on and so on ,

at least psp had one in each of these -except re i think , it had a top gun micromachines gta driver nascar and wwe ,

these are big titles, and when you dont have some of these --- -your not going any where!

mariokart64fan

What makes you think we won't see an Vita games like these in the future? Did you expect to see all of these games only a year after it came out in Japan?

#138 Posted by p4s2p0 (4167 posts) -

nascar

wwe

resident evil

top gun

gta

driver

micro machines

so on and so on ,

mariokart64fan
Over time yes but by this point psp only had gta and wwe out of those.The rest weren't' big sellers on psp so I don't' see them as major titles for my platform. Top gun was a mini I wouldn't count it as a psp game. Vita does have motorstorm rc something somewhat similar to micro machines. Vita has games psp didn't' get tell later or at all so you only proved that systems don't always get games in the same order. .
#139 Posted by KBFloYd (18443 posts) -

yea..it's dead but sony doesn't want to pull the plug.