Is Uncharted 4 better looking than Star Citizen?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

Poll Is Uncharted 4 better looking than Star Citizen? (213 votes)

Yes 34%
No 66%

According to Chris Roberts (who allegedly has a racist wife), Star Citizen is a show case that can only be done on pc.

Having seen the new fancy actor trailer for it, with funny lip movement and compared that with the visually stunning Uncharted 4 (on a 200 dollar console) am I the only one who finds it more impressive? Surely not.

• 
PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

No game on 2010 hardware better looking that PC

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Being angry won't stop PC being the best. Accept this fact and move on.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

The cinematics for UC4 look better than Star Citizen for sure. The animation in the SC trailer needs some serious work to compete with what ND are doing. I expect SC to have better gameplay graphics though.

Edit: upon closer inspection (watching HQ trailer) I think UC4 currently looks better. Will the final non-Alpha version of SC look better? Yes, but currently UC4 is king. SC looks too rough right now in its alpha phase to compare with UC4, the animations are rough and there are quite a lot of graphical glitches.

Bigfatmistake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Bigfatmistake
Member since 2016 • 383 Posts

We'll have to see Uncharted 4 in actual game-play. And even then we have to take scope into account, as UC4 is a smaller set piece "cinematic" game.

The fact that Star Citizen, a huge sprawling game, even is being compared to UC4 cutscenes pretty much validates Robert's claim presented by the OP.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

Witcher 3 goty 2015

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@lostrib said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Being angry won't stop PC being the best. Accept this fact and move on.

thread won with this quote

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46260 Posts

Link to buy PS4 for 200 dollars ?

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#8  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Absolutely.

Anybody who votes for Star Citizen has clearly not played the alpha. It's a mess and a horrible representation of what they've promised us. But we haven't actually seen any proper single-player footage of Squadron 42.

UnrealGunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 UnrealGunner
Member since 2015 • 1073 Posts

Uncharted 4 is not out and you guys are judging it's graphics seriously how dumb are people these days

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

@bigfatmistake: Completely ignoring Uncharted 4, Elite Dangerous has stunning visuals and (aside from running on consoles) can easily run 60fps on modest hardware with one of the largest environments in a game, ever. Arguably also more impressive.

FantasyGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FantasyGamer
Member since 2015 • 517 Posts

haha yeah right..

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator

@papatrop said:

Technical graphics have nothing to do with it. It's all about how the game uses its fidelity budget (for lack of a better term). A lot of PC games push a lot of detail unnecessarily and the final image quality doesn't improve.

Uncharted 4 is the best looking game I've ever seen if the trailers are accurate to the final game's gameplay. It's Naughty Dog so I don't have little doubt they are inaccurate.

Can a PC produce better graphics than what Naughty Dog has shown with Uncharted 4? Absolutely. Have they yet? No. Star Citizen is going to be the first, but the alpha is a graphical mess and is not really a representation of the final product. The best representation we've seen is that short little trailer with Mark Hammil's character. If that's the final rendering target of the game, it will surpass Uncharted 4.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

LOL, ah no. UC4 looks like a last gen game based on the multiplayer. And it looks really cartoony. They should have gone with a more realistic look like Tomb Raider Rise of the Tomb

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Never heard of star citizen before so uncharted wins by default

Bigfatmistake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Bigfatmistake

@Wasdie said:
@papatrop said:

Technical graphics have nothing to do with it. It's all about how the game uses its fidelity budget (for lack of a better term). A lot of PC games push a lot of detail unnecessarily and the final image quality doesn't improve.

Uncharted 4 is the best looking game I've ever seen if the trailers are accurate to the final game's gameplay. It's Naughty Dog so I don't have little doubt they are inaccurate.

Can a PC produce better graphics than what Naughty Dog has shown with Uncharted 4? Absolutely. Have they yet? No. Star Citizen is going to be the first, but the alpha is a graphical mess and is not really a representation of the final product. The best representation we've seen is that short little trailer with Mark Hammil's character. If that's the final rendering target of the game, it will surpass Uncharted 4.

So do you think pure gameplay direct feeds of Uncharted 4 (not cutscenes) will look better than Return of TR maxed on PC?

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

UC4 simply looks better and the angry hermits can deny it all they want. You can argue SC is more impressive due to the scale but visually? Lol

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

It's like The Fastest Indian when Burt Munro showed up with a humble vehicle but proceeded to beat the world landspeed record.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

The trailer looks great... but I will reserve judgement till I get the game in my system at home. I need to see how it looks in motion, in real time, and I need to see how long the load times are before I proclaim it is better than anything.

But that SC HUD is pretty friggin immersive. Looks great from the cockpit. The out of cockpit movement is a lil jarring atm.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lostrib

@finalstar2007: why do you pop in and say this for like every non PS4 game thread?

Bigfatmistake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Bigfatmistake

@AM-Gamer: Well we have yet to see the real gameplay (not cutscene) and from actual players rather than ND. I think practically every ND game has had the whole "Console is finally going to beat PC" hype going for it pre-release from trailers.

We all know how those ended.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a8875b6c648f
deactivated-5a8875b6c648f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By deactivated-5a8875b6c648f
Member since 2015 • 954 Posts

No....if you're talking graphically

Yes if you're talking artistically.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By lostrib

@undefined: what does his wife have to with this topic?

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

UC4 simply looks better and the angry hermits can deny it all they want. You can argue SC is more impressive due to the scale but visually? Lol

After thinking about it more, I'd say you're right. Uncharted 4 currently looks better to be honest. Star Citizen looks rough around the edges due to its Alpha nature and its bigger scale. The animations in SC are also very janky compared to UC4.

I'm sure the final version of SC will look better at the end of the day but right now Uncharted 4 beats it.

Bigfatmistake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Bigfatmistake

@quadknight said:
@AM-Gamer said:

After thinking about it more, I'd say you're right. Uncharted 4 currently looks better to be honest. Star Citizen looks rough around the edges due to its Alpha nature and its bigger scale. The animations in SC are also very janky compared to UC4.

I'm sure the final version of SC will look better at the end of the day but right now Uncharted 4 beats it.

Well, only if we're talking about cutscenes. Gameplay will probably go to SC, TR, Unreal, and DX with no contest.

vvulturas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 vvulturas
Member since 2015 • 1249 Posts

@quadknight said:
@AM-Gamer said:

^that

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@bigfatmistake: UC4 uses the same assets across the bored so there's not much difference between the two.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

Based on that "Captain old man" trailer, Star Citizen still looks better. It's still in pre-alpha so it has a long way to go before being finished. When it's out, I have 0 doubt it'll look a lot better. Massive budget, competent people and not constrained by hardware.

Bigfatmistake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Bigfatmistake

@AM-Gamer said:

@bigfatmistake: UC4 uses the same assets across the bored so there's not much difference between the two.

People said this for UC2, UC3, and TLOU trailers. I'll wait for the game to be released and compare player shots from both games. I am confident several PC games on ultra, including Star Citizen, will come out on top. Basically a waiting game, with the odds in PC's favor.

@Juub1990 said:

Based on that "Captain old man" trailer, Star Citizen still looks better. It's still in pre-alpha so it has a long way to go before being finished. When it's out, I have 0 doubt it'll look a lot better. Massive budget, competent people and not constrained by hardware.

Not to mention likely an even bigger gap when comparing gameplay screenshots with heads up displays present for both titles.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@finalstar2007 said:

Never heard of star citizen before so uncharted wins by default

You should go back to Destiny

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56089 Posts

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

lol,no.

Loading Video...

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DEadliNE-Zero0

@davillain-: well, that's new. what anime is that?

DeathLordCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By DeathLordCrime
Member since 2014 • 893 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

Yet in game screen released by Naught Dog said otherwise. What loser thinks a game has the same LoD all the time lol.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

@bigfatmistake said:

@AM-Gamer: Well we have yet to see the real gameplay (not cutscene) and from actual players rather than ND. I think practically every ND game has had the whole "Console is finally going to beat PC" hype going for it pre-release from trailers.

lol Yeah we do! Uncharted 2 won virtually every graphics award there was to win in 2009!

Then all system wars hermits and fakeboy lems got mad, screamed, cried and responded with maxed out unplayable still shots of PC games that no one cares about until they were blue in the face. Pretty much the same pattern is expected here.

lol at "we all know how those ended". Perhaps YOU don't know. It was mass damage control from PC fanboys.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56089 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

@davillain-: well, that's new. what anime is that?

The character is: Nui Harime. Anime: Kill la Kill.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Wasdie  Moderator

@bigfatmistake said:
@Wasdie said:
@papatrop said:

So do you think pure gameplay direct feeds of Uncharted 4 (not cutscenes) will look better than Return of TR maxed on PC?

From what I've seen of TR? Yes. TR on the PC would have a higher resolution (4k) and be at 60fps, but it's art and general environmental detail aren't as high as Uncharted 4's seems to be.

Naughty Does the fine details like nobody else in the industry.

Bigfatmistake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Bigfatmistake

@casharmy said:
@bigfatmistake said:

lol Yeah we do! Uncharted 2 won virtually every graphics award there was to win in 2009!

Then all system wars hermits and fakeboy lems got mad, screamed, cried and responded with maxed out unplayable still shots of PC games that no one cares about until they were blue in the face. Pretty much the same pattern is expected here.

lol at "we all know how those ended". Perhaps YOU don't know. It was mass damage control from PC fanboys.

You think Uncharted 2 was graphics king up until 2009? Crysis and Crysis Warhead did not look better?

Yikes. I'm starting to see what the real issue is here with you PS4 Fanatics.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DEadliNE-Zero0

@davillain-: thanks. i need to watch that anime at some point. heard good stuff. I loved Gurren Lagann and this seems comparable, in some ways.

Bigfatmistake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Bigfatmistake

@deathlordcrime: Wow, that doesn't even compare to PC's best of this gen. Thanks for that shot.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#40 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

@Wasdie said:
@bigfatmistake said:
@Wasdie said:
@papatrop said:

From what I've seen of TR? Yes. TR on the PC would have a higher resolution (4k) and be at 60fps, but it's art and general environmental detail aren't as high as Uncharted 4's seems to be.

Naughty Does the fine details like nobody else in the industry.

Actually the detail in ROTR seem to be by far more detailed than UC4's and better more realistic art. Naughty Dog is good, but they have been outpaced by many devs now. Then if you look at PC, ND doesn't have a change.

FantasyGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By FantasyGamer
Member since 2015 • 517 Posts

@Juub1990:

@Juub1990 said:

this^ now imagine how it will look at 4k ahhh...

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Juub1990

@deadline-zero0@deadline-zero Wow that is very very impressive. Especially when you see the explosion from the inside. The lighting and shading look incredible.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

@quadknight said:
@AM-Gamer said:

And PS Home character models

Star Citizn has some of the worst character models I've ever seen this gen. I mean they are hilariously bad for something that is supposed to be considered amazing grphically this gen. The cut scene models are great but the actual ingame ones remind me of the character creation models you'd make on something like Playstaton Home on PS3.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46260 Posts

@davillain- said:

How can she expect to sneak through there with hair like that ?

I mean, she just turns and of course everything goes off xD

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Juub1990

@casharmy You do know the game is far from being released right? A lot of polish needs to be added. The basic framework has been set but tons of things need to be finished up such as animation, facial expressions, motion capture etc. It's still in development so it's pretty retarded to use those screenshots. The target render is the Mark Hamil image which while not representative of he current game is what the devs seek to achieve. Hell, with the team and budget they got it may even end up looking better.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-5a8875b6c648f

The game is in alpha...

@quadknight said:
@AM-Gamer said:

And PS Home character models

Star Citizn has some of the worst character models I've ever seen this gen. I mean they are hilariously bad for something that is supposed to be considered amazing grphically this gen. The cut scene models are great but the actual ingame ones remind me of the character creation models you'd make on something like Playstaton Home on PS3.

Avatar image for deactivated-60cd6c3d31f6d
deactivated-60cd6c3d31f6d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-60cd6c3d31f6d
Member since 2015 • 745 Posts

Does a game coming out in 2 months look better than a vaporware scamstarter project?

We will never know because SC will never come out...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-5a8875b6c648f

@deeph said:

Does a game coming out in 2 months look better than a vaporware scamstarter project?

It will though...

Avatar image for deactivated-60cd6c3d31f6d
deactivated-60cd6c3d31f6d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-60cd6c3d31f6d
Member since 2015 • 745 Posts
@phantomfire335 said:
@deeph said:

It will though...

Of course it will...

You just gotta believe... and donate some more money...

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0

@casharmy: the model in the middle is extremely high quality. da **** you talking about? The others are bse CEngine models.

And this is INGAME IN FIRST PERSON.

Meaning that, unlike Uncharted and otehr third person games, when you play the game, you'll be able to see all the detail upclose.

don't remember his name