Is this year looking better for VR first person than traditional?

• 92 results
PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 2994 Posts

@subspecies said:

@pc_rocks: Um...dude? I straight up called the game excrement. Did you even read the thread?

No, you didn't. You called the TC out and haven't addressed it yet. That vain DC doesn't work at all. Fact is apart from you none had an idea what you were talking about. That makes you a rabid fanboy but I guess that comes with being a cow.

Subspecies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Subspecies
Member since 2018 • 1178 Posts

@pc_rocks: Um...what? I didn't call the game excrement...in this thread? Are we living in different realities, dude?

DarthBuzzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 DarthBuzzard
Member since 2019 • 247 Posts

@WitIsWisdom said:

Yay another VR thread. Too bad most or all of those games will suck.

The ones that have released so far are highly rated. Alyx is up next so good luck with that one sucking, and OP forgot to mention the sequel to one of 2017's highest rated games (in general) also releases later this year.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 5754 Posts

@darthbuzzard said:
@WitIsWisdom said:

The ones that have released so far are highly rated. Alyx is up next so good luck with that one sucking, and OP forgot to mention the sequel to one of 2017's highest rated games (in general) also releases later this year.

My problem with highly rated VR games is that they are rated according to other VR games.. if they were based on the industry standard I feel the overall ratings would be much lower. Maybe I'm wrong, and maybe people do actually truly enjoy them. I just couldn't get into it.. at least not yet. To me it feels like it's still a little too soon and things just aren't there yet, but I am happy for those that enjoy it and feel their money was well spent. Me on the other hand, well, out of all the things I have ever purchased related to gaming I regret PSVR the most (at the several requests from a couple friends). I have tried a couple others as well, but I still have not had a single experience I thought was truly great. I think that perhaps by the time something like Google Glass with VR functionality becomes a thing I may be a little more interested. It's very immersion breaking for me by having a heavy/clunky headset on that is hot and keeps fogging up with 47 cords hanging off of it.. but to each their own.

DarthBuzzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By DarthBuzzard

@WitIsWisdom said:
@darthbuzzard said:
@WitIsWisdom said:

My problem with highly rated VR games is that they are rated according to other VR games.. if they were based on the industry standard I feel the overall ratings would be much lower. Maybe I'm wrong, and maybe people do actually truly enjoy them. I just couldn't get into it.. at least not yet. To me it feels like it's still a little too soon and things just aren't there yet, but I am happy for those that enjoy it and feel their money was well spent. Me on the other hand, well, out of all the things I have ever purchased related to gaming I regret PSVR the most (at the several requests from a couple friends). I have tried a couple others as well, but I still have not had a single experience I thought was truly great. I think that perhaps by the time something like Google Glass with VR functionality becomes a thing I may be a little more interested. It's very immersion breaking for me by having a heavy/clunky headset on that is hot and keeps fogging up with 47 cords hanging off of it.. but to each their own.

No, you're wrong.

You either haven't played the good games, or you have a very very small minority opinion. No to mention you haven't even used a PC or wireless headset, and fogging issues shouldn't be happening that often.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#56  Edited By jeezers
Member since 2007 • 4166 Posts

@WitIsWisdom said:
@darthbuzzard said:
@WitIsWisdom said:

Nah your 100% right, a VR title will be scored as a VR title. Because VR is still in its baby stage the scores go pretty easy on them for the most part.

Just like Mobile games are scored as a mobile game. a 8/10 mobile game doesnt mean its as good as a 8/10 traditional game, same with games built around VR.

A game like Doom eternal or Cyber punk will be scored as a traditional gaming experience. Which is the toughest criteria of the 3. And you know what, both those games might let you use VR if you want in the future as an add on, but thank god they aren't built around VR or i wouldn't want to play them.

Avatar image for pinkribbonscars
PinkRibbonScars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By PinkRibbonScars
Member since 2019 • 398 Posts

@jeezers said:

A game like Doom eternal or Cyber punk will be scored as a traditional gaming experience. Which is the toughest criteria of the 3. And you know what, both those games might let you use VR if you want in the future as an add on, but thank god they aren't built around VR or i wouldn't want to play them.

Why not? Why would you want to play the inferior version? It makes zero sense. I don't understand why you hate VR so much.

DarthBuzzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 DarthBuzzard

@jeezers said:
@WitIsWisdom said:
@darthbuzzard said:
@WitIsWisdom said:

Nah your 100% right, a VR title will be scored as a VR title. Because VR is still in its baby stage the scores go pretty easy on them for the most part.

Just like Mobile games are scored as a mobile game. a 8/10 mobile game doesnt mean its as good as a 8/10 traditional game, same with games built around VR.

What you just said makes no sense.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 jeezers

@darthbuzzard said:
@jeezers said:
@WitIsWisdom said:
@darthbuzzard said:
@WitIsWisdom said:

Yes it does lol

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 jeezers
@pinkribbonscars said:
@jeezers said:

Why not? Why would you want to play the inferior version? It makes zero sense. I don't understand why you hate VR so much.

Inferior version?? so now because your playing traditional games with a controller and KB/M it is an inferior version lol Im sorry but having to wear a headset and having hand motion controls does not make a game superior. It can still be shit.

I can promise you because of the time and effort put into VR controls, If Cyber Punk or Doom Eternal designed the entire game around VR it would have much less content. Because they would have less time to build on the world, traditional game mechanics, weapons, ect. It would have to focus the game around its "immersion" using VR controls.

You must have noticed how tradional games have much larger worlds, longer play times and more content than games exclusively built around using VR gear. VR isnt there yet.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 PC_Rocks

@subspecies said:

@pc_rocks: Um...what? I didn't call the game excrement...in this thread? Are we living in different realities, dude?

Irrelevant...completely irrelevant to the point at hand and that specific DC has been rebutted already. Time to find a new excuse!

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#62  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 5754 Posts

@jeezers said:
@darthbuzzard said:
@jeezers said:
@WitIsWisdom said:

Yes it does lol

I thought it made perfect sense since I'm coming from the same place with my views.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I agree that VR games aren't held to a high enough standard. Some of the games I have played that were given high scores would have been torn apart as mediocre or worse if they were released as such on console/PC.

Avatar image for pinkribbonscars
PinkRibbonScars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By PinkRibbonScars
Member since 2019 • 398 Posts

@jeezers said:
@pinkribbonscars said:
@jeezers said:

Inferior version?? so now because your playing traditional games with a controller and KB/M it is an inferior version lol Im sorry but having to wear a headset and having hand motion controls does not make a game superior. It can still be shit.

I never said pancake games are inferior to VR games, but Cyberpunk in VR would be objectively better than Cyberpunk in pancake mode. The sense of world scale is non existent in pancake mode compared to VR. And 1:1 motion tracked 6dof in a 3D space is objectively superior to m&k. I don't understand why you'd rather be looking at a monitor using a mouse to point at pixels on a screen over being literally inside the game world if you had the choice.

Even in your hypothetical where cost isn't a problem: "And you know what, both those games might let you use VR if you want in the future as an add on, but thank god they aren't built around VR or i wouldn't want to play them."

So you must just hate the concept of VR? That's what I don't understand. I can understand not being interested in the current VR library because it does mostly consist of low budget tech demos. I can understand not wanting to spend $500 for a VR setup, I just don't understand your hatred for VR as a platform.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By jeezers

@pinkribbonscars: I dont want the games focus to be the VR, I want it to be on the actual game.

Would it be cool to have an open world game thats VR that has the exact same amount of content as lets say GTAV or the Witcher 3? Sure that would be great, but it hasnt been done.

The. VR games with the most content and gameplay are the games NOT built around VR.

Resident evil, skyrim, no mans sky, doom 2016.

games built around VR and motion controls have to put so much effort into "VR immersion" the game is usually much shorter, has less content, it's just less game alltogether. Many people see that as a major negative, especially for gamers who care more about the content of the game than immersive controls.

For example, lets say you got a guy whos favorite game this gen was Witcher 3 (total weirdo)

He loves all the quests, horse riding, story, the massive world, has sunk over 100h into it.

Lets say they announce witcher 4, but the witcher 4 is going to be built around VR controls from the ground up.

So now you usee motion controls for your attacks and blocks, have to use extra gear and a headset. You might be thinking this is great, so immersive!

Untill you realize the world is a quarter of the size as before, the game is now less than 20 hours long, the amount of spells and ways to attack has gone down to make compromises for VR controls.

We have still yet to see a VR game with the amount of content/scale as lets say..., GTAV

a game that was cross gen with the 360 ffs.

Because of this

For someone like me, VR games are inferior to what you call "pancake" games.

Subspecies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Subspecies

@pc_rocks: So...I did?

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 PC_Rocks

@subspecies said:

@pc_rocks: So...I did?

Vain attempt to DC and exposed your self as the rabid fanboy, yes!

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#67 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 37548 Posts

Just a heads up for fellow transcended VR users, Humble Bundle has an excellent deal on, and the money helps people with diseases or something. Little children.

https://uploadvr.com/humble-vr-bundle/

Subspecies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Subspecies

@pc_rocks: I did? Didn't you say I didn't?

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 40452 Posts

@subspecies said:

You are aware you are being trick right?

sonny2dap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 sonny2dap
Member since 2008 • 1556 Posts

VR remains great for Sim experiences where it can be paired with other peripherals, flight sticks, wheels, pedals, shifters etc. but for me it's not offering much value beyond that.....yet anyway.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#72  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 25230 Posts

Nah. Even if DOOM Eternal would be the only good FPS this year, I want that more than all of those VR games combined.

DOOM VR was kinda shit, wasn't it? You teleport to move. That alone makes it unworthy of DOOM.

Subspecies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Subspecies

@davillain-: I am? I do? I've been?

Have I been?

(Davvy, you're great and all, but if you can't tell I'm being facetious then I'm not sure what to do with you)

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 40452 Posts

@subspecies: Oops, I forgot to put this on my end: XD

Subspecies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Subspecies

@davillain-: Lol. Fair enough. ;)

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 PC_Rocks

@subspecies said:

Subspecies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Subspecies

@pc_rocks: I do, but i don't. However, I did.

Did I?

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 14785 Posts

What a creatively bankrupt industry.

FPS, FPS, FPS. What about the god genre?? This is screaming for VR, and all these dunces can do is go the most predictable route imaginable.

TomaLevine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By TomaLevine
Member since 2019 • 186 Posts

I hope all VR developers lose their job and work at McDonalds until they can reflect how to make a proper game

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#80 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 54851 Posts

@tomalevine said:

I hope all VR developers lose their job and work at McDonalds until they can reflect how to make a proper game

Good God, what?

TomaLevine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 TomaLevine

@lundy86_4: simple, VR is an expensive exclusionary gimmick... All VR developers care about is making money. Hence they are not True game developers but corporate shills

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 lundy86_4

@tomalevine: So they do what they're required to do in order to maintain employment? Just an FYI, all any development company/publisher cares about is making money. That's the entire point of a business.

TomaLevine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 TomaLevine

@lundy86_4: Artists don’t care about profits

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By lundy86_4

@tomalevine: Link to evidence?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#85 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 37548 Posts

@tomalevine said:

@lundy86_4: Artists don’t care about profits

Harlan Ellison would disagree.

TomaLevine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 TomaLevine

@uninspiredcup:

Good artists don’t care about profits

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 lundy86_4

@tomalevine said:

@uninspiredcup:

Good artists don’t care about profits

Not what you said, at all. Care to come back to my point?

@lundy86_4 said:

@tomalevine: Link to evidence?

TomaLevine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 TomaLevine

@lundy86_4:

I am saying VR developers are not true game developers/artists

Nice playing with semantics though

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 lundy86_4

@tomalevine: I'm strictly playing with what you said, so blame your own idiocy.

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 warmblur
Member since 2017 • 3988 Posts

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 PC_Rocks

@subspecies said:

@pc_rocks: I do, but i don't. However, I did.

Did I?

Subspecies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Subspecies

@pc_rocks: Have you?

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 jeezers

@tomalevine said:

I agree, best comment

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 PC_Rocks

@subspecies said:

@pc_rocks: Have you?

Exposed your vain attempt to DC being a rabid fanboy, yes!

Vaeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Vaeh
Member since 2016 • 687 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

• Blunt Force

Shit looks awesome! Polish developer, says #VirtualReality is amazing!