Is this gen better than last gen in your opinion?

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Is this gen better than last gen in your opinion? (69 votes)

Yes 58%
No 42%

I think the first few years of this gen were pretty sparse, but the last few years have been great. And with games like Last of Us Part 2 and FF7 remake coming out this year, I think it sealed the deal for this gen to better than last. Heck, we got RE2 and RE3 remakes all within one year. And Capcom had a huge turnaround this gen. So did Square Enix in my opinion. Japan is back. So yes, this gen > last gen for me.

What about you, SW? Is this gen better than last gen in your opinion?

• 
sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#1 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

I think I played more games this gen than last so yes, definitely.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44161 Posts

I vote yes. A few standouts that make it so for me are:

• The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  • Devil May Cry 5
  • Resident Evil 2 Remake
  • Monster Hunter World: Iceborne
  • Dragon Quest XI S Definitive Edition
TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

yes

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

Yeah. Started off a bit slow, but it will end with a bang.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts

Definitely. I've enjoyed bigger and better games this gen like BoTW and Witcher 3 so much more than anything last-gen has offered.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#6 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

This gen is ok. not the best but not the worst. but certainly better than 7th gen which was full of regen health, cover system, 6 hour campaign and focus more on MP.

Here this gen we got Doom, Hitman, Prey, Titanfall 2, RE7 etc. and in few month we are getting stuff like Doom Eternal, Cyberpunk, Age of empire 4.

anyone who think this gen is worse than previous one is blinded by nostalgia. although best era was early 00s to 2007. it was Gold. nothing can beat it.

freedom01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 109

#7  Edited By freedom01  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 3676 Posts

I'll say yes, lots of games that I really enjoyed this gen when compared to last gen. While it did start out slow, it delivered near the end

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

No.

Some genres have gotten better while others are worse.

Games have gotten really cutscene heavy (some where they won't even allow you to skip them) this gen, and when gaming takes the controller away from the player to have them sit and watch, you've defeated the purpose of making a video game to begin with.

Avatar image for DarthaPerkinjan
DarthaPerkinjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 DarthaPerkinjan
Member since 2005 • 1318 Posts

Yes

DVR + live streaming support

Much stronger launch lineup with Forza 5 and Battlefield 4. Cheaper initial cost for the consoles as well.

FFVII:R & FFXV > PS3 FFXIII Trilogy

MGSV > MGS3/4

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

I say no overall because of games. The consoles themselves are much better, and I don't just mean power wise, I mean in functionality. Last gen kind of felt like a beta for this gen, but I think I preferred the games a bit more last gen. That said, it's close... so maybe this gen does edge out last gen.. either way, yeah it's close. Neither were great by any means.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

Last gen was awful. The Japanese devs lost their way trying to make western garbage. The "HD" consoles at the time barely classified as HD. There were some good games but a lot of bad. Last gen was when Ubisoft lost its way and thought they can use Assassins Creed as a template for every game they make. Gimmicks were everywhere.

Wii mote, PS Move, Kinect were all forgettable garbage. I almost forgot they existed when I made this post lol. As proof, gaming this gen has still been going strong without strong use of motion controls.

So yes, this gen is better by a mile.

adsparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#12 adsparky
Member since 2006 • 2564 Posts

I'd say no; We got better games this gen than last one, but we lost a lot of variety.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#13  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

I want to say this gen was better than last because almost all games were on PC. However, there were stronger and more new IPs introduced last gen...

Mass Effect, Uncharted, The Last of Us, Dead Space, Red Dead Redemption (Red Dead Revolver is irrelevant), Dark Souls, Metro, Bioshock, Singularity, Batman Arkham, Gears of War, Alan Wake, Forza Horizon, Assassins Creed, Dishonored, Crysis, Portal, Left 4 Dead, Borderlands, Bulletstorm, Spec Ops: The Line, Dragon Age, Mirror's Edge, Sleeping Dogs, Remember Me, Darksiders, Dante's Inferno, Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow (fresh take on old IP), Bayonetta, Heavenly Sword, Infamous, Resistance, Heavy Rain, Beyond: 2 Souls, Little Big Planet, Journey, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, Kameo, Minecraft, etc..

Last gen also had GTA IV and GTA V while there were no new GTA games this gen. Same thing for Elder Scrolls... Oblivion and Skyrim with no new Elder Scrolls games this gen.

So, I got to give the edge to last gen. This gen was mostly more of the same.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#14 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

On PC it's not really better or worse than the last gen. We've got more games from consoles but none that iv been interested in. As for console gaming goes, they still don't interest me enough to entice me into buying one. BOTW was great though.

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#15 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

Nope. I have 44 PS4 games and 52% are remaster/remake. This will grow since RE3R is next on my list lol. I even use my Xbox One only for backwards comp... thinking of getting some 360's RPGs... hmm anyway lol this gen was decent but no way last gen was better by far. One can say ok its better to have this gen console cuz its more powerful and you can play everything from San Andreas to freaking SotC remake on them... but when it comes to online games and new games hell no.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ghosts4ever

@KillzoneSnake said:

Nope. I have 44 PS4 games and 52% are remaster/remake. This will grow since RE3R is next on my list lol. I even use my Xbox One only for backwards comp... thinking of getting some 360's RPGs... hmm anyway lol this gen was decent but no way last gen was better by far. One can say ok its better to have this gen console cuz its more powerful and you can play everything from San Andreas to freaking SotC remake on them... but when it comes to online games and new games hell no.

Let me see.

Doom > Any FPS of last gen bar STALKER

RE7 > RE4, 5 and 6

RE2 remake > see above

RDR2 > GTA 4, 5

Prey > Bioshock

Titanfall 2 > COD4

Jedi fallen order > Forced unleashed

Outer worlds > Fallout 3

Hitman 2016 > Hitman Absolution

etc

thats how i compare and last gen was just decline. nearly every game got dumbed down. this gen is just major improvement but still lacking in lot areas. i mean there are less games, more microtransactions, too many movie games, less FPS games etc. but i still rate it above 7th gen.

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#17  Edited By KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@KillzoneSnake said:

Let me see.

RE7 > RE4, 5 and 6

RE2 remake > see above

RDR2 > GTA 4, 5

Prey > Bioshock

Titanfall 2 > COD4

Outer worlds > Fallout 3

etc

thats how i compare and last gen was just decline. nearly every game got dumbed down. this gen is just major improvement but still lacking in lot areas. i mean there are less games, more microtransactions, too many movie games, less FPS games etc. but i still rate it above 7th gen.

I was thinking more like GTAIV and V vs nothing this gen. Or RE2 remake being way better than 5 or 6 (4 was PS2 bro lol). People didn't really like RDR2 either, the first game was better received. As for DOOM one can say it was good in single player, dont really play FPS for single player v_v

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#18 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Yes this gen was better, yet a lot of horrible stuff too. Mostly due to monetisation models and how it affected game design. Bethesda and EA were big losses. Yes, kinda hard to imagine that despite being scummy EA also released some of the best titles last gen. Same for Bethesda in a lesser extent. Blizzard has been shit since after Warcraft 3, so nothing new. MS also lost its mojo, although it had some good games still. And we almost lost Nintendo.

But we had fantastic games that pushed the medium further, and indies are here to stay. Battle royales were a breath of fresh air to the online space, while new less predatory business models are on the rise. Nintendo are back on the top and PCs are no longer petition making machines powered by $1000 GPUs. Great convoluted gen, full of twists and turns where by the end everyone seems to be trying their best.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@KillzoneSnake said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@KillzoneSnake said:

Let me see.

RE7 > RE4, 5 and 6

RE2 remake > see above

RDR2 > GTA 4, 5

Prey > Bioshock

Titanfall 2 > COD4

Outer worlds > Fallout 3

etc

I was thinking more like GTAIV and V vs nothing this gen. Or RE2 remake being way better than 5 or 6 (4 was PS2 bro lol). People didn't really like RDR2 either, the first game was better received. As for DOOM one can say it was good in single player, dont really play FPS for single player v_v

I found RDR2 boring too but gameplaywise its waay better than any GTA. GTA gameplay especially vice city and san andreas one were really awful even for its time.

I found RE7 to be easily the best and most atmospheric game in series. prior to that I hated the series.

all im hoping is. in future or next gen, there are more FPS and less third person cinematic games.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3055 Posts

I've said it too many times, so I'll just say no.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#21 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Best gen since 90s.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56092 Posts

This gen was very great for me that is and great for PC in general as a whole. I enjoy lots of cool games this gen has to offer and while I didn't have any issues with last-gen, it was the longest gen and for that reason, developers/publishers started to get lazy cause no one didn't want to innovate and only Nintendo was able to innovate when they release Wii. All in all, this gen is just great.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

In my opinion, the last generation was better. The current generation with the exception of Doom, Dying Light and maybe The Witcher 3, only improved on the previous formula. Is there really a game on PS4/Xbox One that cannot be run on a Xbox 360/PS3 with just poorer, but still acceptable graphics and framerate?

This generation lacked innovation, but it improved upon the existing formula while providing a decent framerate.

We had so many open-world games this generation that were far too similar and felt so familiar. But that is not to say I didn't enjoy games offered this generation, Doom, The Witcher 3, RE7, Diablo 3, Forza 7

We also lacked some favourites (well mine anyway) such as Silent Hill, Splinter Cell, Ridge Racer, a new Mario Kart, a new Virtua Fighter and still no GTA 6.

There were also some sizable disappointments, Mass Effect Andromeda, Death Stranding (sorry I didn't like it), Gran Turismo Sport and Halo Guardians. PSVR was also a huge disappointment for me, I just did not find anything particularly impressive to play or experience.

I am aware that I am complaining about the lack of innovation and lack of sequels, but sequels can be innovative too.

I did not feel particularly WOWED by this generation.

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1237 Posts

This basically. Not to mention mtx/loot boxes + games wishing they could be movies. The only things this gen has over last is VR.

@BassMan said:

I want to say this gen was better than last because almost all games were on PC. However, there were stronger and more new IPs introduced last gen...

Mass Effect, Uncharted, The Last of Us, Dead Space, Red Dead Redemption (Red Dead Revolver is irrelevant), Dark Souls, Metro, Bioshock, Singularity, Batman Arkham, Gears of War, Alan Wake, Forza Horizon, Assassins Creed, Dishonored, Crysis, Portal, Left 4 Dead, Borderlands, Bulletstorm, Spec Ops: The Line, Dragon Age, Mirror's Edge, Sleeping Dogs, Remember Me, Darksiders, Dante's Inferno, Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow (fresh take on old IP), Bayonetta, Heavenly Sword, Infamous, Resistance, Heavy Rain, Beyond: 2 Souls, Little Big Planet, Journey, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, Kameo, Minecraft, etc..

Last gen also had GTA IV and GTA V while there were no new GTA games this gen. Same thing for Elder Scrolls... Oblivion and Skyrim with no new Elder Scrolls games this gen.

So, I got to give the edge to last gen. This gen was mostly more of the same.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#25 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5168 Posts

The hardware was much better this gen, along with the online services and UI for the consoles.

The only thing the previous gen had was more unique games from Big Publishers. Loved me some Dante's Inferno and Vanquish

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Yeah for sure.

Not in the AAA space tho lol.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#27 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

By far. In my opinion, this has even been the best gen since 16bit one. Between indies, AAAs, and VR, there have been so much quality and diversity, it's insane!

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#28 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

A big Hell no!!! the only cool thing about this gen is the start of VR that's it

Why this gen is worst then last gen.

• The lack of new and exciting IP's
  • Microstractions and lootboxes
  • Cash grab remasters
  • Konami turning into greedy pricks and not making awesome games anymore
  • The cancellations of Sleeping Dogs 2, Prey 2, GTAV singleplayer DLC, P.T ect..
  • False advertising graphic downgrades
  • No new GTA game this gen
  • Dead Space series dead
  • The rise of PUBG and Fortnite
  • Underpowered consoles the CPU Jaguar held back alot of games this gen
  • Greed, Greed and more Greed this the most greedy gen when it comes to gaming publishers.
Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

GTA5 > RDR2

ME1-3 > MEA

Skyrim/Fallout 3 > Fallout4/Fallout 76

Halo 3 / Reach > Halo 5 / Halo Master Flop Collection

Gears of War 1-3 > Gears 4/5

Fable 2 > Fable Legends (canceled)

God of War 3 > God of War

Arkham City > Arkham Knight

Warcraft 3 > Reforged

Borderlands 1-2 > Battleborn/Borderlands 3

Last gen was the better generation if u look at the games some of them got worse and there were less of em

If you were an xbox gamer things just got way worse if your a ps4 owner things might stayed the same or got a little better, if your a PC gamer id say last gen was better look at reforged you got that from blizzard LMAO.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

Every new gen is the best gen, because we can always go back* and play any previous gen games. :P

*unless you're on console. Lol

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45101 Posts

@warmblur said:

A big Hell no!!! the only cool thing about this gen is the start of VR that's it

• Cash grab remasters
  • The cancellations of Sleeping Dogs 2, Prey 2, GTAV singleplayer DLC, P.T ect..
  • Dead Space series dead
  • Greed, Greed and more Greed this the most greedy gen when it comes to gaming publishers.

Some good points there, but I think last gen had some downers too.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

easily yes

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Ghosts4ever

@warmblur said:

• Cash grab remasters
  • Dead Space series dead

Thats the big point for me. no game in most overrated franchise of all time.

Prey 2 cancelled and become Prey 2017 which was much better and immersive sim.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@warmblur said:

• Cash grab remasters
  • Dead Space series dead

If VR is the best thing about this gen for you then you must of had the worst gen ever.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#35 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

Yes. Gen 7 was dominated by shooters. Gen 8 has more variety.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Ghosts4ever
@ProtossRushX said:

GTA5 > RDR2

ME1-3 > MEA

Skyrim/Fallout 3 > Fallout4/Fallout 76

Halo 3 / Reach > Halo 5 / Halo Master Flop Collection

Gears of War 1-3 > Gears 4/5

Fable 2 > Fable Legends (canceled)

God of War 3 > God of War

Arkham City > Arkham Knight

Warcraft 3 > Reforged

Borderlands 1-2 > Battleborn/Borderlands 3

Last gen was the better generation if u look at the games some of them got worse and there were less of em

If you were an xbox gamer things just got way worse if your a ps4 owner things might stayed the same or got a little better, if your a PC gamer id say last gen was better look at reforged you got that from blizzard LMAO.

These games might get worse sequels but none of those games were truly great anyways, except Arkham city.

Halo 3 and reach will be owned by infnite soon. Gears of war series absolutely suck when it started and ruined TPS genre.

Mass effect were overrated always. just poor cover shooter with RPG elements.

skyrim and fallout 3 were overrated and got worse successor.

boderlands 1 2 3 are same.

I just cant see how can anyone defend last gen when it was point of decline in gaming. last gen got more worse sequels of previous generations.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#37 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@warmblur said:

• Cash grab remasters
  • Dead Space series dead

If VR is the best thing about this gen for you then you must of had the worst gen ever.

VR is the only thing that made this gen stand out sure there was some good games here and there but overall this gen was weak as hell for the reasons I listed.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#38 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

Hard to say. Most things I hated with last gen still lingers.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#39 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@Jag85 said:

Yes. Gen 7 was dominated by shooters. Gen 8 has more variety.

This isn't really true.

There were plenty of great games to play in other genres, it requires a sheer lack of effort to not find something genuinely great that wasn't a shooter.

On topic: indifferent towards the idea. I think I like the best games of this gen more than the best games of last gen. But haven't put thoughts to paper yet.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Absolutely. There are a few games from last gen that I loved and left a mark on me, but for the most part it was mildly amusing and now almost forgotten experiences. Last gen made me extra glad I had a PC

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45101 Posts

@xantufrog: yea PC has the clear advantage last gen. This gen it wasn't as big of an advantage in my opinion. I think next gen will be even more even.

miiiiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 miiiiv
Member since 2013 • 943 Posts

Yes, but just barely.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

If I look at my favourite games of all time list, it's pretty even between games from this gen & last gen. For example:

Last gen:

• Bioshock
  • Super Mario Galaxy 1/2
  • Mass Effect trilogy
  • Portal 2
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • Bioshock Infinite
  • Halo 3/4

This gen:

• Super Mario Odyssey
  • Inside
  • RDR 2
  • Nier Automata
  • Witcher 3
  • Ori & the Blind Forest
  • Katana Zero
  • What Remains of Edith Finch

I think the defining thing of this gen compared to last gen for me has been the rise of smaller Indie games in my favourites list.

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1430 Posts

Games get better every gen. End of story.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e58917563ba3
deactivated-5e58917563ba3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-5e58917563ba3
Member since 2020 • 82 Posts

No; less originality.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

Yes this gen was better.

More Variety+Indie Scene at its peak+Nintendo finally focusing on only one console

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47 flashn00b
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

IMO, i think this generation is neither better or worse than last-gen. Sure, we got some pretty good games out of it, but it also has had its fair share of shortcomings. The consoles themselves are a bit underwhelming to the point where I just straight up skipped buying a console in favour of getting a PC. I think the main issue of the consoles is that you need only an i3 and GTX 950 to get a console quality experience, which highlights how underpowered they are.

I don't think i'm sufficiently invested in the Kingdom Hearts series to consider getting a console, Gundam Extreme VS is the only reason for me to get a PS4 and I hate Nippon Ichi Software for everything they stand for. I don't think i missed out on much by staying PC only this generation.

From a personal standpoint, here are my highlights for this generation:

• Mass Effect Trilogy
  • Halo 3
  • Killing Floor 1
  • The Orange Box
  • Portal 2
  • Left 4 Dead 1 and 2
  • Tales of Vesperia
  • The Witcher 2
    • I'll admit that i only listed this game cuz I don't have a completed run to import to The Witcher 3
  • Bioshock Infinite
  • Metro 2033 and Last Light
  • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 1
    • Can't say i'd recommend the second game tbh
  • Devil May Cry 4
  • Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
  • SoulCalibur IV
  • Metal Gear Rising
  • Dawn of War II

And for this generation

• Tales of Berseria
  • SoulCalibur VI
  • Killing Floor 2
    • At least before it became an unoptimized piece of shit
  • Code Vein
  • Doom 2016
  • Shadow Warrior 2013 and Shadow Warrior 2
  • Postal 4 (Probably gonna be a next-gen release once it leaves Early Access)
  • Devil May Cry 5
  • NieR Automata
  • Assassin's Creed Rogue PC
    • I know it's technically a last-gen game, but let's not pretend that Unity was a good PC port
  • Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus
  • A Hat in Time

Sure, the list of current gen highlights is shorter, but you have to remember that last generation started at 2005 with the Xbox 360 launch and ended in 2014.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2927 Posts

No. My favorite games of last gen were the Mass Effect series, Dragon Age Origins and Fallout 3. I don't think my favorite games this gen can top that. Persona 5 or Fallout 4 are close perhaps.