Is this a good time to be a gamer in your opinion?

• 69 results
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Is this a good time to be a gamer in your opinion? (73 votes)

One of the best gens yet! 34%
It's good, but not great. 16%
It's ok. 32%
It sucks! 18%

You have PS5 and XSX duking it out for the core console gamer community.

Now you have Switch and Steam Deck fighting for portable gaming supremacy.

And you have PC for insecure people who want to prove they can play Minecraft in 8k 300fps with Ray Tracing on (😜)

Oh and there's that mobile thing too.

So what say You, SW? Is this a good time to be a gamer in your opinion? I think so. We may be entering one of the best gens yet!

• 
simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#51 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 228 Posts

From the end of this year onwards,there is so many bangers in the pipeline

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 8243 Posts

It's a great time. So many different consoles, platforms, even VR gaming is maturing now.

ZeroTheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 ZeroTheHero
Member since 2021 • 454 Posts

It's alright ps3 wii gen had more support for older games tho this is all new games or nothing now.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#54 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 52568 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

It's an amazing time for PS5 and PC gamers.

Xbots and Nintendrones have nothing to play. I feel bad for them.

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

He's got to wait at least another 5 years for Xbox to get games. He's got nothing else to do with his time.

You tried twice and no one acknowledged you.😢 Here is your free acknowledgement. 😂🤣

M8ingSeezun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 M8ingSeezun
Member since 2007 • 2304 Posts

This current gen? Not really, imho. I don't have a Gen9 console yet, and the games are stagnant.

I'm playing my PS4 Pro/PS3 a lot more.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 17288 Posts

Depends.

The fact is, I have a much stronger dopamine tolerance than I used to. But I am shaking it up with other forms of hobbies to still get that pleasurable feelings in other ways. Exercise games like Ring Fit Adventure has been extremely beneficial, as they not only help keep my hormonal balance in check. But they also provide different ways to get those kicks.

As for games themselves. Nintendo have been unusually slow as of late in their output, their output this year is a massive step back compared to the days the switch launched with back to back masterpieces like breath of the wild and Odyssey. Advance Wars is back and as is 2D metroid. Microsoft's gaming division is looking real strong with age of empires coming up (and is back in full form), Their stable of studios is looking real promising too, with far too much to mention. Sony is a joke, but their first party has always been a joke.

AAA studios in general are a bit meh right now, but AA studios are alive and kicking ass and taking names.

@lamprey263 said:

Sort of, ignoring the pandemic, the insurrection, new waves of both on the horizon. But yeah, gaming helps drown a lot of that out, we got beefier hardware and Game Pass is pretty awesome. The line-up on the horizon seems promising, hope I live long enough to play much of it, just as long as these no mask wearing gun wielding anti-vaxxer dicklicks don't get me killed.

I am more worried about the climate than anything

PC gaming is pretty much impossible to do in the middle of the day as it is too hot. I can't play Ring Fit Adventure during my preferred hours for the same reason. And a friend of mine whom I used to play together with has gotten their house flooded, and now has to relocate (they are German).

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#57 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 17270 Posts

No. I think this is one of the worst times to be a gamer.

The industry has gone way too corporative ... AAA games are getting more and more shallow, micro transactions are everywhere, big studios are less and less willing to take risks with new ideas because investors need their yearly 100 million in revenue. Everything has to be a sequel, sport games are at their worst with the same game every single year. Consoles are being harvested by scalpers, Nintendo is at their worst when they are succesful and each day we find out about small studios getting buyed (only to be closed), getting closed or just not selling enough ...

Sure, there are still good things here and there, but compared to mid 90's era, early 2000's, etc, etc ... this is such a bad state for gaming.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 4080 Posts

@madsnakehhh: Do you think that the average gamer really cares about the state of the industry which is irrelevant to his daily life than bringing bread and butter to the table?

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26341 Posts

Considering you can find ways or easily obtain all older games, thus making every gen the best gen because you still have access to all games--old and new. This whole argument is moot, imo. Don't like games this gen? Play last gen games or go back further. It's not productive to just complain.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#60 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 17270 Posts

@onesiphorus said:

@madsnakehhh: Do you think that the average gamer really cares about the state of the industry which is irrelevant to his daily life than bringing bread and butter to the table?

Indeed ... people is not getting as passionate as before ... for better or worse.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#61 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30238 Posts

Best time yet. People love to pretend that 'those were the times' but fact is that we have much more diversity and a much higher level of quality and polish today, and it's not even close. From indies reviving old genres and creating new ones, to insanely looking AAAs, VR, online multiplayer as an option, free games everywhere, etc, we literally have everything for everyone.

I still love to play my old systems (Megadrive, Amiga 500, etc), but while healthy nostalgia is great, blind nostalgia is just sad.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 4315 Posts

It sucks

consoles and GPU's are unavailable or crazy expensive.

games getting delayed left right and center.

mtron32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By mtron32
Member since 2006 • 4290 Posts

@Litchie said:

It was easier to be a gamer when game journalism wasn't fake, but there's still a lot of good shit to play in the sea mostly consisting of crap.

What does game journalism have to do with the games being fun or not?

mtron32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 mtron32
Member since 2006 • 4290 Posts

Having lived with the XsX and PS5 since the new year, not bad? I absolutely love the XsX and haven't bought a game since I started playing GamePass. I've gotten to play some really cool games I never would've thought about, not many new games though.

AhReQueNoMori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#65 AhReQueNoMori
Member since 2020 • 652 Posts

@mtron32 said:
@Litchie said:

It was easier to be a gamer when game journalism wasn't fake, but there's still a lot of good shit to play in the sea mostly consisting of crap.

He has no idea what he's talking about.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#66  Edited By svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4499 Posts

It depends on point of views.
PS5 and XSX/S alone have had one of the driest start to any new gen imo. Xbox is looking better towards the end of the year, and I have no clue what Sony is doing these days.
PC hasnt really progressed much, just more of the same; though that is more of the industry's full focus on cash milking live services.
Nintendo has been killing it though. I'd be bored without the Switch.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 1688 Posts

For my history of gaming (Atari 7800-present) I have enjoyed the better part of the last decade the least.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#68 Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 28435 Posts

@ahrequenomori said:
@mtron32 said:
@Litchie said:

He has no idea what he's talking about.

I'm saying it was easier knowing what was good or not when reviewers were honest.

Sup with being a deuche, ahreqwhatever?

NukleaWorfair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#69 NukleaWorfair
Member since 2009 • 426 Posts

I'm not excited at all for whatever Microsoft, Nintendo or Sony releases.

The only thing I'm excited for is the Steam Deck. PS4 could very well be the last console I buy.

But is this a good time to be a gamer? If you like classic games, absolutely. If you like Indie games, then yeah.

If you are a gamer that wants the latest AAA game, then no.