Is the Wii fad over yet? PS3 can take its crown now.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

magrappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 magrappy
Member since 2003 • 1835 Posts

As a Nintendo fan i was stood out side my local super market at 5am with my friend to get his Wii, then we went to a game shop where i had pre-orderd mine months earlier. I felt so happy, they best console ever. I played Twilight Princess, got a 100% file and then completed it with 3 hearts, then erm, well my nan played Wii Sports a couple of times, then, well i spent money buying tones of VC games because i had nothing to play. I played Excite Truck but then it kind of went dead. Nothing else made me want to play it. It sat unused for a few weeks and i turns to the PS3 which is incredible.

Never been one for graphics i got a PS3 purely because i could get one from my work with 10% off and thought i would check the games out. Resistance Fall of Man and Motorstorm are amazing. It about more then graphics its about how smooth and detailed the gameplay is and i love it. Resistance doesn't need any extra wow from a new remote its just good, so is Motorstorm.

The xbox360 ruled online and console graphics but thats all it had, now something more powerful with games people are buying because they want them and not because theres no other next gen options, i think xbox360 might take a hit. I think that new version of the black xbox360 is butt ugle and wont do much for sales.

Software support is only massive on the Wii because its owners will except and buy cheaply developed games and ports, xbox360 didnt get any massive games slaes, GeOW did ok because it was the first massively hyped next gen looking shooter but i think everyone is starting to realise it wasnt as good as it seemed at the time. Exclusives are getting lost to the xbox360 because developers are being forced to due to high costs but the better running versions will all ways be on the ps3.

Sales are good for ps3 and because they where good enough at acturly make a good number of units it didnt sell out and people think thats a bad thing, but i think its sensable.

Me_Ur_Daddy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Me_Ur_Daddy_
Member since 2007 • 441 Posts
r u from england ?
Shazenab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Shazenab
Member since 2004 • 3413 Posts
Yep, Wii is a fad just like pokemon was fad. In other words it isn't.
jukieuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 jukieuk
Member since 2006 • 940 Posts
no, the wii big hitters are not even out, the fad has not even warmed up yet.
MythManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MythManiac
Member since 2005 • 511 Posts
The Wii may be a fad, but the PS3 will NOT win this generation. If it does, it just shows how stupid people are...
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
The Wii may be a fad, but the PS3 will NOT win this generation. If it does, it just shows how stupid people are...MythManiac
why?
Shazenab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Shazenab
The Wii may be a fad, but the PS3 will NOT win this generation. If it does, it just shows how stupid people are...MythManiac
Or how well the world econamy is doing :P
mrgokugf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 mrgokugf
Member since 2005 • 1788 Posts
Is the playstation 2 fad over yet? Gamecube can take its crown now
Kaosed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Kaosed
Member since 2006 • 3409 Posts
*sigh* nother bull**** thread
gamerking178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 gamerking178
Member since 2005 • 669 Posts

I can answer all your questions if you watch this video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=R98qC0fd_1w

Fhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#11 Fhiz
Member since 2004 • 7718 Posts
Yep, Wii is a fad just like pokemon was fad. In other words it isn't.Shazenab
hmm, fad eh? last I checked pokemon diamond and pearl still sold millions... in one country
Shazenab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Shazenab
[QUOTE="Shazenab"]Yep, Wii is a fad just like pokemon was fad. In other words it isn't.FlawlessSeasons
hmm, fad eh? last I checked pokemon diamond and pearl still sold millions... in one country

Last time i checked I said it isn't a fad. read the last part again.
pop7934

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 pop7934
Member since 2006 • 651 Posts
[QUOTE="Shazenab"]Yep, Wii is a fad just like pokemon was fad. In other words it isn't.FlawlessSeasons

That was his point.
MythManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MythManiac
Member since 2005 • 511 Posts
[QUOTE="MythManiac"]The Wii may be a fad, but the PS3 will NOT win this generation. If it does, it just shows how stupid people are...Shazenab
Or how well the world econamy is doing :P

lol, hardly. :P
magrappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 magrappy
Member since 2003 • 1835 Posts
The wii doesnt have any big hitter coming out, mario galaxy, smash brothers, metroid, all nintendo had was original games, now those "big hitters" are just old and boring. A fps done exreamly well like Resistance seems more refreshing then a weak shooter trying to be fresh with a gimicky remote.
soul_04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 soul_04
Member since 2005 • 57 Posts
The wii doesnt have any big hitter coming out, mario galaxy, smash brothers, metroid, all nintendo had was original games, now those "big hitters" are just old and boring. A fps done exreamly well like Resistance seems more refreshing then a weak shooter trying to be fresh with a gimicky remote.magrappy
Old and boring?, thats simply your opinion. Back your statements with statistics rather then opinions, and then maybe people will agree with you.
Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts
The wii doesnt have any big hitter coming out, mario galaxy, smash brothers, metroid, all nintendo had was original games, now those "big hitters" are just old and boring.magrappy
...like the PS3 lineup?
jukieuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 jukieuk
Member since 2006 • 940 Posts
The wii doesnt have any big hitter coming out, mario galaxy, smash brothers, metroid, all nintendo had was original games, now those "big hitters" are just old and boring. A fps done exreamly well like Resistance seems more refreshing then a weak shooter trying to be fresh with a gimicky remote.magrappy
old and boring, you could say the same about GTA or FF. It's what people like and Mario is loved.
solidte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 solidte
Member since 2005 • 3616 Posts
The Wii is definitly a fad but who knows when it will be over only time will tell so go and sleep alot if you wanna find out quicker.