Is the PS3 getting shafted again, DA:O

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ultra_Combo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Ultra_Combo
Member since 2009 • 1494 Posts

http://pc.ign.com/articles/105/1057788p1.html

Why no listing for PS3?

UK, January 4, 2010 - BioWare's RPG spectacular Dragon age: Origon could be in line for a fittingly epic expansion with retailers leaking details of Awakening, a retail pack that's been listed for PC and Xbox 360.

Dragon Age: Awakening was spotted on online retailers by Eurogamer over the festive break, but listings have since been pulled. They offered brief details on the expansion, revealing it would introduce an all new character who would come complete with their own prologue and around 15 hours of play.

Awakening was listed as a March 19 release for the PC, with Kotaku spotting similar details for an Xbox 360 version – although no details on a PS3 version have been spotted to date.

Dragon Age: Origins was one of the highlights of 2009, a return to BioWare's high fantasy past and a fitting addition to the catalogue of one of the most talented RPG creators. In short, then, 9.2

1080pOnly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 1080pOnly
Member since 2009 • 2216 Posts

Low sales, hard to port, Sony make it difficult.

That or they just missed it by accident :P.

Stats_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Stats_
Member since 2009 • 2352 Posts

I doubt it. Probably just a mistake.

On a side note im very, very happy with the news an expansion is not too far off. I love you Bioware

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts
[QUOTE="1080pOnly"]

Low sales, hard to port, Sony make it difficult.

That or they just missed it by accident :P.

pretty much this^ I remember living through this back when I only had a gamecube and I wished it had better sales so I could get a few more great games.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#5 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
Probably a mistake.
stygiansanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 stygiansanity
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts
I have trouble believing this won't be coming to the PS3, but you never know.
Racer_XLR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Racer_XLR
Member since 2008 • 21664 Posts

For PS3 - the PS3 price appearing higher is an error, which is being addressed. The date being later is due to Sony's longer submission timelines for all content - DLC or full games. Once we made the re-submission as described above, this basically pushed out the PS3 date a few weeks later from the expected exit from MS cert for 360, or EAcert for PC. Normally we always try to take this longer timeline into account in our scheduling so things release around the same time - it is not always possible though.

Fernando Melo

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/9/index/241198/168

*points at Sony*

Ultra_Combo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ultra_Combo

Update

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/12/29/dragon-agereturn-to-ostagar-dlc-on-360-pc-jan-5-ps3-later/

While trailing behind what some of us might call "this holiday season" (as originally pledged), the latest expansion for BioWare's Dragon Age: Origins, dubbed "Return to Ostagar," has been given a more finite release date of January 5th for both Xbox 360 and PC. The PS3 release is slated for "later in January." Aaryn Flynn, General Manager and Vice President at BioWare Edmonton, says of the DLC offering, "Return to Ostagar represents BioWare's commitment to providing a steady stream of compelling post release content as we continue to expand the Dragon Age universe."

For just $5, and the promise of "the mighty arms and armor of the once great King Cailan," we imagine we'll be returning to Ostagar next week ... and as long as we're there, it won't hurt to find out what "King Cailan's top-secret political agenda" is, right? Check out a video of DLC expansion after the break.

ONLY 5 Dollars :shock: that is DLC I can accept,

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

I have trouble believing this won't be coming to the PS3, but you never know.stygiansanity

It is coming to ps3 its just if you read the link that was posted by the guy above me you'll notice that Bioware says the ps3 version DLC might be delayed a couple fo weeks since sony takes time to aprove the DLC thats all, i dont see it as a big deal really, tons of games will be released so play some diffrent game till the DLC is released

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19592 Posts

I doubt it. Probably just a mistake.

On a side note im very, very happy with the news an expansion is not too far off. I love you Bioware

Stats_

It's kinda strange that it's only taken them like three months to make an 15 hour expansion (in addition to all of the other DLC), but I guess I can't complain.

It's easily better than having months and months of DLC.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61526 Posts

Well, it seems that no, it is not.

Shame Sony takes longer to verify the DLC/expansion for release, however, it's just life.

Stats_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Stats_

I completely forgot about return to Ostagar. It's coming out tomorrrow? That's amazing.

Too bad for my friend though. I was going to lend him Dragon Age. Looks like he'll have to wait.

Ultra_Combo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ultra_Combo

[QUOTE="stygiansanity"]I have trouble believing this won't be coming to the PS3, but you never know.finalstar2007

It is coming to ps3 its just if you read the link that was posted by the guy above me you'll notice that Bioware says the ps3 version DLC might be delayed a couple fo weeks since sony takes time to aprove the DLC thats all, i dont see it as a big deal really, tons of games will be released so play some diffrent game till the DLC is released

My update was on return to Ostagar, still no word on the 2nd DLC for PS3.

Ultra_Combo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ultra_Combo

[QUOTE="Fernando Melo"]

For PS3 - the PS3 price appearing higher is an error, which is being addressed. The date being later is due to Sony's longer submission timelines for all content - DLC or full games. Once we made the re-submission as described above, this basically pushed out the PS3 date a few weeks later from the expected exit from MS cert for 360, or EAcert for PC. Normally we always try to take this longer timeline into account in our scheduling so things release around the same time - it is not always possible though.

Racer_XLR

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/9/index/241198/168

*points at Sony*

That's for Return to Ostagar, Not DA Awakenings

naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts

[QUOTE="stygiansanity"]I have trouble believing this won't be coming to the PS3, but you never know.finalstar2007

the above two links are for the DLC, the thread is about an expansion, Dragon age : Awakening
Ultra_Combo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ultra_Combo

Sorry for the confusion everyone but there are 2 DLC one confirmed for all systems (Return to Ostagar) and one confirmed for 360\PC (DA Awakening)

InfiniteBlak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 InfiniteBlak
Member since 2009 • 794 Posts
the article says its just coming later to the PS3.
Racer_XLR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Racer_XLR
Member since 2008 • 21664 Posts

That's for Return to Ostagar, Not DA Awakenings

Ultra_Combo

Then I guess that's a no. . .

145ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 145ty
Member since 2005 • 564 Posts

I can't see why not - last I heard they loved developing on the PS3 and was going to continue supporting it. The sales may have been 'lackluster' but really this has been the only BioWare game released on the PS3. According to VG Chartz it is 500k (ps3) and 1mil (xbox 360) which isn't too bad. According to VGChartz sales are actually increasing each week aha

But in all seriousness, Sony needs a dev like BioWare backing them - they make great WRPG. BioWare imo was kind of like Sonys Square Enix last gen.

Stats_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Stats_

I can't see why not - last I heard they loved developing on the PS3 and was going to continue supporting it. The sales may have been 'lackluster' but really this has been the only BioWare game released on the PS3. According to VG Chartz it is 500k (ps3) and 1mil (xbox 360) which isn't too bad. According to VGChartz sales are actually increasing each week aha

But in all seriousness, Sony needs a dev like BioWare backing them - they make great WRPG. BioWare imo was kind of like Sonys Square Enix last gen.

145ty

I thought it sold more then that on both platforms :o

Either way, the chance to sell an expansion to half a million people will be ignored by no smart developer.

That's alot of scrilla!

Edit : I don't think Bioware had much to dow ith the console versions. They had Edge Of Reality port them.

Avatar image for guitarsrock4eva
guitarsrock4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 guitarsrock4eva
Member since 2008 • 373 Posts
I'm glad for the fact that an expansion is coming out. I hope they will implement a feature that allows you to play your saves after beating the main story, currently you can only go back to camp and play any DLC which seems pointless. I just hope they don't do like in Fallout 3 and say "yeah you can play on after beating the game, but you have to buy our DLC that changes the ending first"