PCgameruk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PCgameruk
Member since 2012 • 2273 Posts

The jump from the PS1 - PS2 - PS3- PS4 was very noticeable as with Xbox. But now with consoles upgrading more often we see improvements but not the leaps we saw before. I personally think the improvements overall in optimization for old hardware will take a step back.

PS3 2006

PS3 2008

PS3 2013

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55898 Posts

Nintendo Switch is a true next-gen, so the term ain't dead.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

Personally, I think the term is becoming less useful. If anything, it only serves to confuse matters now. Defining what is and isn't belonging in a single generation is becoming more the conversation than the hardware itself...

Some will consider the Nintendo Switch the beginning of the 9th generation of consoles yet it is still on the market competing with 8th generation consoles since Nintendo discontinued the Wii U so early. We may not hear anything about Sony and Microsoft's '9th generation' consoles (if we consider the former statement as fact) until possibly 2020. This is quite uncommon. The terms of what is and isn't within a generation have stretched out and they don't necessarily reflect what is going on in the market right now. Mid-generation upgrades and consoles being replaced sooner than others has changed things up quite a bit. Perhaps the timeline will balance out and become more familiar.

I have stopped using the term though. It's just not useful conversation for me.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@davillain-: As much as I like the switch, it's barely current gen, defenitly not next gen.

As for the question, the term next gen isn't dead.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By tgob89
Member since 2017 • 2153 Posts

This is a dumb argument for a PC guy to make.

Leave the generation talk to console fans, as the generations specifically relates to consoles.

Also the leap in graphics isn't as important as the BASE level hardware that the games need to be created from. PS3 has great improvement in graphics over the years, but the games still had to be created from low the end PS3 hardware base.

Xbox one X could've been a new generation of console if they ditched the original hardware ( MS missed that opportunity)

The next generation raises the BASE hardware level games are created from. That is the most important aspect to generations for consoles...and adds an immense benefit PC as well.

Lastly: NO! Sony specifically stated there will be another generational PlayStation console release.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55898 Posts

@vfighter said:

@davillain-: As much as I like the switch, it's barely current gen, defenitly not next gen.

As for the question, the term next gen isn't dead.

How so? We can't even play Wii U games on Switch and it's using different tech components compare to Wii U. I think gamers are underestimating what the Switch can really do later on.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#7 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69083 Posts

Most definitely gens are dead. The upgrades are going to be more marginal than before and the notion of abandoning millions of gamers for a new system is not going fly well with gamers. Now the Switch being next gen is just retarded. Its something but not "next" or even this gen.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 tgob89

@Pedro said:

Most definitely gens are dead. The upgrades are going to be more marginal than before and the notion of abandoning millions of gamers for a new system is not going fly well with gamers. Now the Switch being next gen is just retarded. Its something but not "next" or even this gen.

lol no.

The problem is what you're describing now only applies to xbox and xbox fans.

Maybe gens are dead for MS and xbox fans but not for the rest of the industry, Sony or Nintendo.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

Well, at some point we will get PS5 which will consider a new gen console and not PS4 pro 2 or Pro extreme, so I don't think is dead..

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@PCgameruk: Let’s not act like Crysis 3 runs decently on PS3. It’s terrible.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Pedro

@tgob89 said:
@Pedro said:

lol no.

Maybe gens are dead for MS and xbox fans but not for the rest of the industry, Sony or Nintendo.

You have provided nothing of substance to the contrary. Nothing in my response was console specific. Not sure how you derived that from my post.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By tgob89

@Pedro said:
@tgob89 said:
@Pedro said:

lol no.

You have provided nothing of substance to the contrary. Nothing in my response was console specific. Not sure how you derived that from my post.

Wait...you think you've posted something in your post that serves as material that is defensible?

Your "argument" is literally nonsense.

The moment you started talking bout "abandoning" millions of gamers it's clear that you are attaching your own investment (recent $500 Xbox1X purchase?) and projecting it on the the millions of gamers who this actually has no effect on at all.

Most and I mean the vast majority of gamers this gen own the base consoles (PS4 / Xbox one) and that is going to be the case until Sony released PS5. The clear errors in your argument logic here is the use of the word "abandon".

Let's go over how Sony "abandon" the PS3 shall we? lol yeah um I think they discontinued it last year almost 3 years into this current generation. Your line of thinking doesn't pan out going by any metrics past or current and N-Switch just released to great success. Next..

You never really had an argument, "Most definitely gens are dead." but if it makes you feel better me breaking down why what you said is nonsense, there you go.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

Yes. 95% of gamers use the term incorrectly anyway.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9384 Posts

Looks like a lot of people try to define generations by graphical improvement; a fools errand, to be sure.

To me, next-gen typically refers to refinements in CPU architecture. For example, next-gen is Intel's 10nm transistor architecture. You can do the same with GPUs too.

Nice, easy, and clear definitions.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

@tgob89 said:
@Pedro said:
@tgob89 said:
@Pedro said:

lol no.

Wait...you think you've posted something in your post that serves as material that is defensible?

The moment you started talking bout "abandoning" millions of gamers it's clear that you are attaching your own investment (recent $500 Xbox1X purchase?) and projecting it on the the millions of gamers who this actually has no effect on at all.

Most and I mean the vast majority of gamers this gen own the base consoles (PS4 / Xbox one) and that is going to be the case until Sony released PS5. The clear errors in your argument logic here is the use of the word "abandon".

Let's go over how Sony "abandon" the PS3 shall we? lol yeah um I think they discontinued it last year almost 3 years into this current generation. Your line of thinking doesn't pan out going by any metrics past or current and N-Switch just released to great success. Next..

You never really had an argument, "Most definitely gens are dead." but if it makes you feel better me breaking down why what you said is nonsense, there you go.

I think you've totally missed his point... and then posted lots of twaddle.

PCgameruk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PCgameruk

@boycie said:
@tgob89 said:
@Pedro said:
@tgob89 said:
@Pedro said:

lol no.

I think you've totally missed his point... and then posted lots of twaddle.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

Only xbone fannies like Pedro think gens are dead because his lord and saviour Phil Spencer declared so in order to stop the ass bleeding PS4 gave xbone this gen. You better believe that they’ll have an answer to the PS5. Its only poor sport lems that think so in order to not have to admit Xbox is losing any gens, because they don’t “exist” anymore

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58155 Posts

It is as long as they keep doing this half-gen, jump-on-the-fad-bandwagon nonsense.

As for PC, I never really felt the impact of generational releases: if you build your own, it's a constant, steady growth; adding a new processor here, keeping your old GPU there, etc.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11780 Posts

@Juub1990: Yeah consoles were barely able to run Crysis 3 and PCs low settings looked much better.

As for the TC

Well you're kinda only looking at it from a graphical perspective, one of the biggest differences between this gen and last gen is the scale of levels. This gen we're getting open world games like its nothing when before the open world genre was limited to just a few genres and franchises and the franchises that were open world already have increased their sizes this gen. Another thing is particle effects. Not many console games had much noticeable particle effects. In fact earlier in the gen developers were going crazy with using particle effects in games that we were overdoing it as if they were paid by Nvidia to use Physx.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By tgob89

@pdogg93 said:

Only xbone fannies like Pedro think gens are dead because his lord and saviour Phil Spencer declared so in order to stop the ass bleeding PS4 gave xbone this gen. You better believe that they’ll have an answer to the PS5. Its only poor sport lems that think so in order to not have to admit Xbox is losing any gens, because they don’t “exist” anymore

It's more about these xbox fans thinking MS "cares" that they just dropped half a grand on a hardware dump MS gave them with 0 investment in games.

These guys aren't able to make rational arguments on this topic.

Sony keeps making games on PS4 because upcoming PS4 games look phenomenal on PS4 are going to be boosted to an unprecedented level on PS5. PS5 will have a huge library of graphically impressive games JUST from the latter year PS4 titles. This will help PS5....xbox not so much.

You hear xbox fans saying, "the games are coming" ok but when and more importantly, for WHAT system? Have these xbox fans ever stop to wonder why MS isn't even hinting at delivering any games for xbox one?

For MS making new high profile games based on xbox one hardware would be counterproductive. IF MS is investing into new high profile games why not speak on them? Is the development soooo early that they can't mention them, even for the CURRENT year?

There are 2 possibilities, either MS is simply LYING about making new games for xbox or they can't announce those games because they aren't going to be for the current generation of xbox systems.

This is what xbox fans like Pedro can't bear to deal with.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

@tgob89: Damn, I hope that's not the case. If so that is f***ed up tbh

PCgameruk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PCgameruk

@tgob89 said:
@pdogg93 said:

It's more about these xbox fans thinking MS "cares" that they just dropped half a grand on a hardware dump MS gave them with 0 investment in games.

These guys aren't able to make rational arguments on this topic.

Sony keeps making games on PS4 because upcoming PS4 games look phenomenal on PS4 are going to be boosted to an unprecedented level on PS5. PS5 will have a huge library of graphically impressive games JUST from the latter year PS4 titles. This will help PS5....xbox not so much.

You hear xbox fans saying, "the games are coming" ok but when and more importantly, for WHAT system? Have these xbox fans ever stop to wonder why MS isn't even hinting at delivering any games for xbox one?

For MS making new high profile games based on xbox one hardware would be counterproductive. IF MS is investing into new high profile games why not speak on them? Is the development soooo early that they can't mention them, even for the CURRENT year?

There are 2 possibilities, either MS is simply LYING about making new games for xbox or they can't announce those games because they aren't going to be for the current generation of xbox systems.

This is what xbox fans like Pedro can't bear to deal with.

The only thing Xbox has going for it is backwards compatibility, getting those 360 games running in 4k with boosted effects is an achievement on its own. But for as you say half a grand no way. Those games that are supposed to be coming, it takes a couple years to make a triple A title i honestly don't think xbox will have anything to brag about for the rest of 2018.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

yes but not for the reasons you stated as the wii u came out towards the end of last gen and the switch coming out in the middle of this gen.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22368 Posts

@jumpaction said:

Personally, I think the term is becoming less useful. If anything, it only serves to confuse matters now. Defining what is and isn't belonging in a single generation is becoming more the conversation than the hardware itself...

Some will consider the Nintendo Switch the beginning of the 9th generation of consoles yet it is still on the market competing with 8th generation consoles since Nintendo discontinued the Wii U so early. We may not hear anything about Sony and Microsoft's '9th generation' consoles (if we consider the former statement as fact) until possibly 2020. This is quite uncommon. The terms of what is and isn't within a generation have stretched out and they don't necessarily reflect what is going on in the market right now. Mid-generation upgrades and consoles being replaced sooner than others has changed things up quite a bit. Perhaps the timeline will balance out and become more familiar.

I have stopped using the term though. It's just not useful conversation for me.

Yeah, agreed.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

No. It is not dead. Next gen starts when PS5 comes out.

Switch is a current gen console. Nintendo fans need to understand that is possible to release 2 consoles in a single gen. It was done by other companies.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Pedro

@tgob89 said:

Not only did you continue to miss my point you continue to treat my statement as console specific when I have corrected you on this false assumption. But instead you continue unabated with your nonsensical fanboy rant.

If I am talking about millions of gamers the majority will be the PS4 not the Xbox. How and why you migrated to the Xbox as the topic of choice is beyond me. But like a true Sony fanny, the Xbox is always the topic of discussion.

Now, if you took a moment to think you will realize that the current state of gaming especially the visuals are stagnating for both Sony, MS and Nintendo. There will be literally no benefit to gamers or companies to force gamers to make another expensive hardware purchase for games that can run on existing hardware with marginal visual upgrades. Each gen has factually been a smaller jump and now we are in the single digits of improvement. Generational leaps in the past offered new gameplay experiences with access to greater performance. Those leaps are a thing of the past. Sony who has the largest install base has the greatest to benefit from delaying or abandoning the traditional route of generations. But again, somehow this is a MS made idea when Sony was the first to release a mid gen upgrade. Fools will be fools.

@pdogg93 said:

Not only am I honored that you are using my term fannies but its funny that a Sony fanny would make such a statement when IGN

Now, if you actually took the time to read the tripe you posted you would have immediately realize the stupidity of your assessment. You are so sadly caught up in "winning" something you have NO involvement in that you conjure up the notion that my statement is based on "if gens don't exist then MS can't loose". LMAO. That makes absolutely no sense whatsover because it would not change the fact that Sony is leading by millions. Think before you type otherwise you sound normal aka stupid. :)

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19550 Posts

@stuff238: That's cute, but the next gen started early last year.

New generations are always heralded by a major hardware release from one of the big industry players (typically Nintendo).

That's exactly what happened with the Switch.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#28 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9723 Posts

That term is not dead.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 pdogg93

@Pedro said:

@pdogg93 said:

Not only am I honored that you are using my term fannies but its funny that a Sony fanny would make such a statement when IGN

Now, if you actually took the time to read the tripe you posted you would have immediately realize the stupidity of your assessment. You are so sadly caught up in "winning" something you have NO involvement in that you conjure up the notion that my statement is based on "if gens don't exist then MS can't loose". LMAO. That makes absolutely no sense whatsover because it would not change the fact that Sony is leading by millions. Think before you type otherwise you sound normal aka stupid. :)

There's nothing stupid about what I said. Phil Spencer, your bff, has stated that gens are dead and you sopped up every last drop of that diarrhea drivel. If you don't think there will be a PS5, then I don't know what to tell you bro.

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By GioVela2010
Member since 2008 • 5566 Posts

Pc is dead, thanks miners

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Pedro

@pdogg93 said:

There's nothing stupid about what I said. Phil Spencer, your bff, has stated that gens are dead and you sopped up every last drop of that diarrhea drivel. If you don't think there will be a PS5, then I don't know what to tell you bro.

Funny you say nothing stupid was said then in the same sentence you said something stupid. I don't know what Phil Spencer said but I do know about the IGN article I linked. The fact that you and your fellow fanny somehow believe that my stance on the death of generations is due to the Xbox One is rather dumb when Sony was the first one to pull the trigger on iterative upgrades.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#33  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19375 Posts

The concept of generations is becoming muddy, but the main reason for that isn't the PS4P or X1X, but rather Nintendo. Before the Wii, a generation usually referred to power, grouping a set of consoles together based on a power range. But with the Wii, that no longer held up, and the meaning of generations changed to simply mean consoles that are competing against each other, which leaves room for overlap between generations, and that's when the concept of generations became blurry.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5011 Posts

Generation to me, always meant that a new console had released, which would have games that are incompatible with a previous version of said console.

Technically if MS suddenly starts releasing games that only work on X1X moving forward, then it would be a new gen console. But they've already promised not to do that.

The wow factor between gens is definitely diminished a lot though. I was far from blown away by the PS4 when it first released, compared to late PS3 games. I've never owned an xbox, but I would assume the original Xbox one didn't really blow away the later gen Xbox 360 games either.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By pdogg93

@Pedro: https://segmentnext.com/2014/08/13/microsofts-phil-spencer-wants-xbox-one-to-win-this-generation/

Your own lord and saviour talks about wanting to win this gen. When he realized how deep the Sony penetration ruined his proverbial xbutthole, he gave up and tried to declare that the boundaries of this gen are no longer defined. Can’t wait to see what games this clown has been “investing” in.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Pedro

@pdogg93 said:

@Pedro: https://segmentnext.com/2014/08/13/microsofts-phil-spencer-wants-xbox-one-to-win-this-generation/

Your own lord and saviour talks about wanting to win this gen. When he realized how deep the Sony penetration ruined his proverbial xbutthole, he gave up and tried to declare that the boundaries of this gen are no longer defined. Can’t wait to see what games this clown has been “investing” in.

So your whole rant was based on me knowing this when I was basing my view on Sony's outlook and what Sony has done but some how in your imaginary Xbox only world you thought I was driven by the Xbox. LMAO

Keep avoiding my actual point maybe you will have a real comeback. :)

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#37 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58643 Posts

If it sells then no.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

lol no, gens aren't dead.

Sony will release the PS5 which will have games not capable of running on the PS4 due to being too advanced for the shitty Jaguar.

Despite the bullshit MS is telling lems, they will release a new Xbox after the XboneX that will have games that are too advanced for the current Xbone and will probably struggle on the XboneX. Technology continues to advance and will not be tied down by empty promises like "no one gets left behind!". If you really believed MS when they said that, you're a gullible sheep. Even on PC where gens aren't exactly a thing we still have minimum requirements which means people do get left behind. Backward compatibility however will become more common place as the next gen consoles will continue to use the x86 architecture going forward.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts

''Next-Gen'' has (for years now) been nothing more than a marketing buzzword. I hear companies like Sony, Microsoft, etc. use this term well into their console's life cycle. Basically it doesn't mean much nowadays.

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 waahahah
Member since 2014 • 2462 Posts

@pyro1245 said:

Looks like a lot of people try to define generations by graphical improvement; a fools errand, to be sure.

To me, next-gen typically refers to refinements in CPU architecture. For example, next-gen is Intel's 10nm transistor architecture. You can do the same with GPUs too.

Nice, easy, and clear definitions.

intel is likely falling behind this year... seeing as they are having issues with 10nm... and it sounds like AMD's 7nm ready to go... then... their infinity fabric is allowing them to have significantly more cores... more reliably.

airraidjet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41  Edited By airraidjet
Member since 2006 • 834 Posts

The Switch, in handheld mode, is more equivalent to Xbox 360 or PS3. In docked mode, Switch is a modest step up from those 7th gen consoles. That said, Switch even in docked mode, is not even remotely close to the OG XBone, much less the OG PS4.

Also keep in mind that Wii U was huge step down from 360/PS3 in terms of CPU power, and more or less on par in terms of GPU (less performance, but better features).

The last time Nintendo had a home console that was equivalent to its immediate peers in terms of hardware, was the GameCube in 2001.

Now as far as console generations and 'next-gen', we at least know that Sony still believes in generations. They've said as much on a number of occasions (Mark Cerny, Shawn Layden). And as much as Microsoft likes its PR spin, I have little doubt they will come out with an Xbox equivalent of the PS5.

It's really only a question of when next-gen consoles get released. Holiday 2020 or Holiday 2021.

The PS5 has probably been in development since late 2015 or early 2016, once the PS4 Pro hardware was finished but before it came out. There have also been rumors Microsoft started designing the next Xbox around the middle of 2017, before Xbox One X came out.

It's really only a question of when next-gen consoles get released. Will it be Holiday 2020 or Holiday 2021. I highly, highly doubt it'll be 2019 though -- 2019 is just too soon.

PCgameruk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By PCgameruk

@airraidjet: And where have you got this information from? Because its a load of bollocks.. The switch is equivalent to a Xbox 360? The switch is vastly superior even the tegra K1 from 2014 would stomp it. Take away the specs the architecture alone would handle more complex graphical enhancements.

Xbox 360 Wouldn't be doing this at a locked 60fps. Or would it run Doom and the Unreal engine 4.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Pedro

@PCgameruk said:

@airraidjet: And where have you got this information from? Because its a load of bollocks.. The switch is equivalent to a Xbox 360? The switch is vastly superior even the tegra K1 from 2014 would stomp it. Take away the specs the architecture alone would handle more complex graphical enhancements.

Xbox 360 Wouldn't be doing this at a locked 60fps. Or would it run Doom and the Unreal engine 4.

Well the 360 has Rise of Tomb Raider under its belt. So....

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50494 Posts

Nah, gens still happening

PCgameruk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 PCgameruk

@Pedro said:
@PCgameruk said:

Well the 360 has Rise of Tomb Raider under its belt. So....

And?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Pedro

@PCgameruk said:

And?

Well since you need me to state the obvious. There is nothing on the same level as Rise of Tomb Raider on the Switch.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60681 Posts

Till Ps5 is announced as well all know SONY pushes the boundaries of play, technology and innovation.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebd39d683340
deactivated-5ebd39d683340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#48  Edited By deactivated-5ebd39d683340
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts

Sony is the last chick standing when it comes to deciding the fully spec'd out generational jumps. Their current stance on what the PS5 should be can actually move gaming technologically forward. The stronger Sony comes out, the better MS will respond, the better competition will be so all gamers win. Shut up you pervy basement dwelling hermits, your best titles are console bound and your 2000¢+ twin turbo 1000+horsepower PC's will only be pumping out useless extra frames while being stuck to console scalable tech. So let's all pray for 10+Tflops Navi (Vega successor), octa core Ryzen 7nm (8700K performing levels), 16gb of GDDR6 ram and a reasonably sized speedy harddrive. Then we can finally welcome dynamic visual effects to our games.

But system warriors rejoice! The Mighty Xtra salt inducing monster manufacturing machinery that is the holy grail console box of all mankind's history has revived the true value back to the graphical fidelity. Cow's titties are milked so dry to the point of pain where the salty eye tears of the cow appear in the glinstering shining sunlight scattering lightrays across reflective surfaces all that while being rendered in real time on the X inducing K.O. ggwp slice and dice chopping up the competition sexbox. Halleluja praise the allmighty Spencer and pressuring the forthcoming of the Playstation 5 to new dimensions and beyond.

#Xrektcompetition

#Buteveryonewins

#weneedmorePhillyPgifs

#Cowsbedrinkingseawater

#thetagsarebecomingquitelong

#whyevencalleachotherbyanimalnames

#thisisnoteveninstagram ? #CALLPETAFORCOWSLAUGHTER

#CallPhillyPfor...

#TheMightyXtramasterrace

Ok it's been good fun. Time to spent more time on actually playing games on the Scorpion X King and not waste time around all the kool-aid fortified bar fights around here and make something of my fragidly short and so far pathetic life. Time to improve. Bon Voyage, and best of luck to all your future endeavors. In the interest of time...

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#49 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

First we counted 'bits', then we counted polygons, then we measured resolutions, then we counted frame-rates, now we count exclusives and ratings...

The only company still counting is Sony, PS, PS2, PS3, PS4, [PS5]...

pawel86ck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By pawel86ck
Member since 2018 • 9 Posts

That Crysis 3 screenshot is from PC version running at max details, not PS3.

This is how crysis 3 looks on PS3, picture quality is blurry, and everything is set to low.

When it comes to PS4, that console was faster compared to PS3, but not nearly as much as PS3 compared to PS2. On top of that games on PS3/x360 generation was already fairly detailed, and it's not so easy anymore to show huge differences between fairly detailed game and ultra detailed game even on much faster hardware

Below GTA 3 on xbox 360 compared to sand andreas (I think it may be PC version, not PS2 or xbox classic, but even PC version still looks dated compared to GTA5)

Personally I would rather see more games on xbox one/PS4 generation, than new rushed PS5 with 10 tflops. I think new PS5 generation should have at least 20 tflops and much faster CPU than ryzen.

Below some of my own Uncharted 4 screenshots (just click on the spoiler button to see them)., I think games on xbox one/PS4 generations looks amazing already