Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

Can't recall when I last heard such glowing praise for a beta. Everywhere I go I see people praising the multiplayer to high heavens, citing it's the most fun they've had since Halo 3 and that it's better than even Reach (which was awesome besides the shitty Armor Lock). For those who have played it so far, how highly would you rate it?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44018 Posts

I'm not much if any these days a MP player but I've been hearing/reading the same.

I haven't played it but this should be interesting SW material and high hopes the SP campaign will also garner the same kind of good vibes.

Moistcarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Moistcarrot
Member since 2015 • 1473 Posts

It's ok, but I'm not much into multiplayer any more these days.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#4 KvallyX  Online
Member since 2019 • 12892 Posts

I think the reason it has done so well in beta is because this thing has been in the oven for a long damn time.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46171 Posts

It looked like a good arena shooter. But looking at how well Quake Champions and Lawbreakers did... Dunno if there is still a huge following for that kind of genre.

(Cries in tactical shooter)

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8848 Posts

@Juub1990: I had a ton of fun playing it. IDK if it's revolutionary - there have certainly been a lot of sour-grapes posts of "this feature was available in this game; that feature was available in that game". But, from my point of view, I have never played a game that have had all of those features in it.

It is a lot of fun, and isn't that the point of a video game?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 38639 Posts

Absolutely not. Now, i know that every lems sees my comment and is like "lol cow pooping on an MS game. What a surprise". But i genuinely don't think its good at all. Without having played the BTB beta, and only TDM, here's my issues.

1- Every single map felt very meh. It didn't feel interesting nor memorable. Each time a match began, i just wanted for it to end already. It is possible that the reason why i disliked them as much as i did is because i am REALLY not into those tiny maps with 4v4-6v6 kind of tdm games anymore. It feels very outdated, and not what i am looking for from my pvp experience.

2- It didn't make much sense to me that a starting weapon, the pistol, is as strong or stronger than the BR is. At mid to close ranges, the pistol was so much better. And weapon balance in general was complete garbage.

3- The radar change is a joke. Why even have it when its only showing enemies from 3 feet away? Dumb change.

4- Did not like the weapon sound and animations, but this is more of a nitpicking thing.

5- The game ran like shit on pc and couldn't even run in full screen.

All i can say is that after trying the most broken beta i have ever played aka BF2042, it was leagues ahead of Infinite in the "fun" factor. If Infinite was $60 and i had enough for just one game, i wouldn't even think twice, BF2042 is a shitton better in every way imaginable.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9811 Posts

I’d give it an 8 based on the time I spent, with a 9 in waiting if the remaining maps are as good. Yeah, it really is that good. Can’t actually think of anything I didn’t like and it looks “infinitely” more polished than bf2042 which didn’t look anything like ready.

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Gym_Lion
Member since 2020 • 2592 Posts

I enjoyed it. Looking forward to playing more in December.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dabear

@hardwenzen: I am shocked. SO F***ING SHOCKED, that you didn't like it. The gaming industry praises the map design, Hardwenzen says "they are meh"; the gaming industry praises the gun play, Hardwenzen says "weapon balance in general was complete garbage". The list goes on.

Dude, you are so consumed by your fanboyism that you cannot have fun with a game from another platform. It's both funny and sad. You didn't play the beta (If you actually did) to try out a new game to see if you could have some fun, you played it with the mindset "I am going to play this, so when I shit on this game in gaming forums, I will have some knowledge of it"

Like I have said 1000 times before, you cows are obsessed with hating Halo. It is truly a unique phenomenon in the gaming industry. A sad, weak, and pathetic phenomenon, but a phenomenon nonetheless.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
@dabear said:

@hardwenzen: I am shocked. SO F***ING SHOCKED, that you didn't like it. The gaming industry praises the map design, Hardwenzen says "they are meh"; the gaming industry praises the gun play, Hardwenzen says "weapon balance in general was complete garbage". The list goes on.

Dude, you are so consumed by your fanboyism that you cannot have fun with a game from another platform. It's both funny and sad. You didn't play the beta (If you actually did) to try out a new game to see if you could have some fun, you played it with the mindset "I am going to play this, so when I shit on this game in gaming forums, I will have some knowledge of it"

Like I have said 1000 times before, you cows are obsessed with hating Halo. It is truly a unique phenomenon in the gaming industry. A sad, weak, and pathetic phenomenon, but a phenomenon nonetheless.

Oh please. Some journos and youtubers praised the map design they will spend no more than 10 hours in, and you're like "its amazing level design". Without even looking into it, i have heard many og halo pros saying that the map design is bad. So keep on listening to GS and IGN praise, they know wtf they're talking about.

You're in denial because my comments were negative, and that's no what you want to hear. I understand. But you know what doesn't lie? The community quickly dying out after this game launches. Even tho the game is free, it will not retain its playerbase for very long. Lets see how amazing your maps design is when this happens😊And remember to prepare some damage control such as "bu but there's a lot of competition" or "bu but gamers are casual, they prefer playing CoD,BF,etc". Just be ready to damage control, that's all i am saying.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#12 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24894 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:

Oh please. Some journos and youtubers praised the map design they will spend no more than 10 hours in, and you're like "its amazing level design". Without even looking into it, i have heard many og halo pros saying that the map design is bad. So keep on listening to GS and IGN praise, they know wtf they're talking about.

You're in denial because my comments were negative, and that's no what you want to hear. I understand. But you know what doesn't lie? The community quickly dying out after this game launches. Even tho the game is free, it will not retain its playerbase for very long. Lets see how amazing your maps design is when this happens😊And remember to prepare some damage control such as "bu but there's a lot of competition" or "bu but gamers are casual, they prefer playing CoD,BF,etc". Just be ready to damage control, that's all i am saying.

but Last of us 2 10/10. greatest game of century, of all time. perfect game, best action game, best adventure game, best sport game. lol.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hardwenzen  Online

@ghosts4ever said:
@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:

but Last of us 2 10/10. greatest game of century, of all time. perfect game, best action game, best adventure game, best sport game. lol.

Its not a multiplayer game that is built to milk their playerbase with MTX. There's no servers to fill. You buy it, and that's it.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9811 Posts

@hardwenzen: You honestly think anybody on these boards takes any of your childish opinions on a ms game seriously when you posted that you had to hate any ms product and refuse to buy even a ps5 exclusive game made by ms because that would mean money going to ms?

Sit back, twiddle your thumbs until some time next year when Sony release an “ekscloosif” for your “useless” ps5 which you don’t even have a tv for, and that means you’re playing in 1080p because Sony doesn’t even support 1440p

Sit down laddie. Sit down.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hardwenzen  Online

looks like i have triggered teh lems lol. they didn't want to hear anything negative, its no time for negativity when its the last hope at something new.

But the multiplayer population will speak for itself.🤷‍♂️

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ghosts4ever

@hardwenzen said:

Its not a multiplayer game that is built to milk their playerbase with MTX. There's no servers to fill. You buy it, and that's it.

doesnot matter. its a movie game that play itself.

atleast Halo is not movie game. last of us is.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dabear

@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:

I would have put my house up as collateral on a bet that you were going to hate/bash Halo Infinite. There is nothing that game could do that would make your super fanboy "I MUST HATE HALO!" "cow-ism" not complain about it. It is beyond your control.

That is the sickness of cows like you. You cannot *not* hate Halo. It is impossible for you to like it. You cows are obsessedwith hating Halo. It is truly a phenomenon that exists with no other game; and has been around since 2001. Hell, I remember when Halo 2 had a trailer at the movie theaters - and I heard people boo. They booed at a f**king trailer of a video game. That is the level of you and your ilk's obsession.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By hardwenzen  Online

@dabear:stop being triggered and expect the multiplayer playerbase to drop, and quick. Unless a BR is added very quickly after launch, an arena shooter with poor weapon balance and crappy maps has no chance of surviving in 2021. This is the hard pill to swallow you need to understand, and until it hits you with the massive drop of players, you're just delusional and refuse to see the full picture.

@ghosts4ever said:
@hardwenzen said:

TLOU2 is such a movie game that it offers more gameplay than the whole of the MaxPayne trilogy🤷‍♂️Very movie game btw.

And yes it matters. When you have nobody playing its multiplayer, they're not making any profit, and content support dies.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ghosts4ever

@hardwenzen said:

@dabear:stop being triggered and expect the multiplayer playerbase to drop, and quick. Unless a BR is added very quickly after launch, an arena shooter with poor weapon balance and crappy maps has no chance of surviving in 2021. This is the hard pill to swallow you need to understand, and until it hits you with the massive drop of players, you're just delusional and refuse to see the full picture.

@ghosts4ever said:
@hardwenzen said:

TLOU2 is such a movie game that it offers more gameplay than the whole of the MaxPayne trilogy🤷‍♂️Very movie game btw.

And yes it matters. When you have nobody playing its multiplayer, they're not making any profit, and content support dies.

I dont realy care about Halo MP at all. only SP matters if it good if not then not.

Max Payne has too much of gameplay for you and perfect one. not like last of us walking segments.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dabear

"no chance of surviving in 2021"

Want to bet accounts?

@hardwenzen said:

@ghosts4ever said:
@hardwenzen said:

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By hardwenzen  Online

@dabear: And what do i win? Nothing. Great bet.

Accept it, arena shooters is an outdated genre. Game comes out at the end of 2021, and by 2022, unless BR is a thing, nobody is gonna be playing Halo Infinite but the most hardcore of players, so pretty much exactly how it was in H4 and H5. If that's a successful entry to you, then😊😊😊😊

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23876 Posts

Isn't Halo 5 still fairly popular in online play? And from what I am hearing, this Halo is arguably the best once since 3.

I would say this game is probably in a good spot.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dabear

Put your account up as a bet, then. Halo 5 has poor XBL numbers, I'll deactivate my account (that I have had since 2001, I believe); it's a success, you deactivate your account.

You're so sure Halo is going to flop, lets make it interesting.

@hardwenzen said:

Accept it, arena shooters is an outdated genre. Game comes out at the end of 2021, and by 2022, unless BR is a thing, nobody is gonna be playing Halo Infinite but the most hardcore of players, so pretty much exactly how it was in H4 and H5. If that's a successful entry to you, then😊😊😊😊

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 KvallyX  Online

@hardwenzen said:

Absolutely not.

If I woke up tomorrow morning with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn’t be more surprised than I am right now.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 hardwenzen  Online

@dabear said:

Put your account up as a bet, then. Halo 5 has poor XBL numbers, I'll deactivate my account (that I have had since 2001, I believe); it's a success, you deactivate your account.

You're so sure Halo is going to flop, lets make it interesting.

@hardwenzen said:

No, i don't think i will bet anything. Instead, what i will do is, when this game fails to retain decent numbers, i will remind you how wrong you were on weekly basis. Enjoy😊

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44093 Posts

I haven’t tried it yet myself but I’ve seen and heard a lot of great things about it. I loved the multiplayer in previous Halo games so definitely hyped for when this launches myself. 😁

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

It looks like a Halo game.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:

You're the only one in denial.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 hardwenzen  Online

@rrjim1 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:

You won't be saying that in around a month after the game launches.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 hardwenzen  Online

And i'd want to add another thing. The new voice companion ai is the dumbest shit i've seen in a halo game since armor lock. Do i really want to hear my ai saying stupid shit like "thank heavens for that sidearm" when i do a double kill with a pistol? What the fk kind of addition is that? Its pretty damn obvious that this kind of filler was only added because of mtx and mtx ONLY. Instead of working on something that adds meaningful additions to the core gameplay, they add cringy as f*ck voices. Like whaaaaaat?

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 KvallyX  Online

@hardwenzen said:
@rrjim1 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:

You won't be saying that in around a month after the game launches.

This is the overflow tent. The image circulating Twitter was taken either before matches or after. #HaloWCpic.twitter.com/nuOiheLPJ4

— Greenskull @ #HaloWC (@Greenskull)March 25, 2017

Actual picture (not above troll pic)

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 hardwenzen  Online

@x_hedon: Nice damage control, Kvally.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 KvallyX  Online

@hardwenzen said:

@x_hedon: Nice damage control, Kvally.

Just damage controlling your damage control. Love you.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 hardwenzen  Online

Can any lems/hermits comment on this damn thread or what? It seems like nobody cares about this game or something.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3041 Posts

I've only seen videos, but it does not look good to me. I am a self proclaimed CE junkie, and don't consider any subsequent Halo legitimate, and what I've seen has done nothing to change that. That being said, it looks like a competent game, and I hope it's fans get a quality product.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#37 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44534 Posts

I am all about the campaign co-op myself. I also enjoy Warzone Firefight. I don't care much for the PvP. Glad to hear people like the online, and I assume people like how weapons feel. A bit sad though they scrubbed the mechanic improvements made in Halo 5; seems more like they wanted to appease haters more than fans.

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

It was flawless. Halo 3 vibes mixed with Halo 5's superb shooting. Wish there was proximity chat, though.

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

@hardwenzen: There's going to be over 24 maps, we've only played 4. The PC version did run abysmally on my 3090 but thats what the beta was for. And yes, the rapid shooting of the pistol is a love it or hate it type of thing. It practically leaves every other weapon useless.

With that being said, there's so much praise from the beta and with it being free to play, there is no other competition this year for it to fail as you love to hope.

Forza Horizon 5 and Halo Infinite in a one-two punch this holiday will be great for Xbox and PC gamers.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@dimebag667 said:

I've only seen videos, but it does not look good to me. I am a self proclaimed CE junkie, and don't consider any subsequent Halo legitimate, and what I've seen has done nothing to change that. That being said, it looks like a competent game, and I hope it's fans get a quality product.

No subsequent Halo is legitimate? What kinda nonsense is that?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 hardwenzen  Online

@theam0g said:

@hardwenzen: There's going to be over 24 maps, we've only played 4. The PC version did run abysmally on my 3090 but thats what the beta was for. And yes, the rapid shooting of the pistol is a love it or hate it type of thing. It practically leaves every other weapon useless.

With that being said, there's so much praise from the beta and with it being free to play, there is no other competition this year for it to fail as you love to hope.

Forza Horizon 5 and Halo Infinite in a one-two punch this holiday will be great for Xbox and PC gamers.

The standard assault rifle is also insanely strong (at close ranges) when you compare it to other entries. I just don't understand why would they give such powerful weapons from the get go. I would understand if its DMR or the BR, but a pistol? Are we in Halo CE days or what. And while the f2p will certainly help a lot, there is competition. You have the Warzon/CoD2021 for the dudebros, BF2042 to experience the best bugs in the industry (can't wait for this one), Tarkov for the tryhards and Fortnite for children.

I do want to try Valhalla in BTB, tho. Played it a shitload in H3.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50536 Posts

Ruffling those feathers.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

The MS games got the Sony Fannies scared. 😂😂

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8154 Posts

@Juub1990: yeah, its really good. I love Halo, favorite ones are 2 and 3 which had the best MP of the series. Halo infinite feels like halo 3 with speed.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
@girlusocrazy said:
@hardwenzen said:

And i'd want to add another thing. The new voice companion ai is the dumbest shit i've seen

Agreed, the last thing I want in my ear is that stupid chatter especially when I'm in voice chat with other people. You can disable the idiotic spartan chatter but for some reason not the AI companion?

I don't know, but the spartan chatter is almost as dumb. What is up with multiplayer games with characters chatter AND music being blasted in the background as of late? Why would i want my audio to be flooded and not being able to hear directional fire and footseps? This is incredibly stupid.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3041 Posts

@Juub1990: The multiplayer is what I'm specifically referencing here, but the point is that the core mechanics and vibe from 2 and on are different from that of CE. I'm not saying that the following iterations are bad games (despite me not wanting to play them) but they are objectively different in feel, from what CE spawned. And they share more in common with 2 than the original.

I understand that CE's age, local lan and repeatedly broken ports are major factors for people not understanding it's superiority, but that doesn't change the fact that it's the better game.

ZeroTheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ZeroTheHero
Member since 2021 • 1391 Posts

I don't dabble much in multiplayer but it looks like its not trying new things like splitegate bfield 2042 and other shooters

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#49 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6082 Posts

My best Halo Multiplayer experience was Halo Infinite,then Reach and H4&5. Halo Infinite single player will make or break Halo.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#50 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

I have way more faith in Halo being fun than battlefield right now that's for sure.