Is Switch proof that the average gamer doesn't care that much about resolution/fps?

  • 118 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

26435

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Is Switch proof that the average gamer doesn't care that much about resolution/fps? (78 votes)

Yes 54%
No 46%

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild is 900p with 30fps when docked. At times the frame rate isn't even consistent. The Switch also gets inferior ports of popular games like The Witcher 3. Yet publishers continue to port those games over. Some of the highest selling games this gen are games like Animal Crossing and Pokemon, which have graphics from like PS2/PS3 era lol. So I ask you, SW - does the average gamer really care about resolution/fps? Is this just a fanboy thing? Or is Switch an exception?

 • 
Avatar image for uninspiredcup
uninspiredcup

39726

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#1 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 39726 Posts

Nintendo has IP's that turn grown men into dribbling man-babies.

Avatar image for lebanese_boy
lebanese_boy

15319

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 15319 Posts

The Switch is mostly a proof that many gamers want to play console-quality games on the go and are willing to sacrifice a bit on the performance side to achieve this.

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

1647

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 1647 Posts

Who cares about the average gamer? Average gamer plays Call of Duty, Fortnite, is excited for the newest NBA game and has spent hundreds playing the yearly NFL game. No one gives a shit about those "average" scrubs that get milked by every gaming company.

Resolution is important. Frame rate is important. When your system is almost two generation behind competition, you just can't have anything else but 2d games running at high fps/resolution. That's the Nintendo way.

Avatar image for Archangel3371
Archangel3371

30649

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 30649 Posts

Eh, I think that it‘s a bit of a misnomer to say that they don’t care about it per se. I think it‘s more something that some people are willing to sacrifice certain things to play a game they want to play. Kind of the same with multi platform games as well. If having the ability to play a game portably or if the Switch or even a low end PC and any other weaker system for the matter is the only means to play that game then I think most people are just willing to make certain compromises to play those games.

Avatar image for hrt_rulz01
hrt_rulz01

20086

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 20086 Posts

@lebanese_boy: Exactly.

Avatar image for Random_Matt
Random_Matt

5126

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#6 Random_Matt
Member since 2013 • 5126 Posts

Nintendo fans are not the average gamer, they are the best example of gamers who love and except mediocrity.

Avatar image for Willy105
Willy105

25323

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#7 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 25323 Posts

@Random_Matt said:

Nintendo fans are not the average gamer, they are the best example of gamers who love and except mediocrity.

If Nintendo made mediocre products, they wouldn't have fans.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

34060

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#8 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 34060 Posts

I'm not sure I can come to the same conclusion.

Add up people that bought a PS4 and Xbone and compare it to the Switch.

Add up people that bought a gaming PC, PS4 and Xbone and the amount of Switch gamers becomes even smaller by comparison, a niche even.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

13897

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 0

#9 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 13897 Posts

@Random_Matt said:

Nintendo fans are not the average gamer, they are the best example of gamers who love and except mediocrity.

And yet, breath of the wild and odyssey are 2 of the highest rated games of all time. Very mediocre indeed.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

14762

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#10 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 14762 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:
@Random_Matt said:

Nintendo fans are not the average gamer, they are the best example of gamers who love and except mediocrity.

And yet, breath of the wild and odyssey are 2 of the highest rated games of all time. Very mediocre indeed.

mainstream critics score any game high that is popular and mainstream.

and beside they are kiddy games.

Avatar image for joshrmeyer
JoshRMeyer

10687

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#11 JoshRMeyer  Online
Member since 2015 • 10687 Posts

If people really truely cared about resolution and frame rate, they wouldn't be playing on a console. Consoles have advantages but those are not one of them. Switch games still look good either way.

Avatar image for Telekill
Telekill

9225

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#12 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 9225 Posts

Honestly, I think many on these forums have forgotten that games are supposed to be about fun. They chatter on about stats but don't even enjoy gaming. They'll argue they have great k/d ratios in whatever game but they'll be the ones cussing out the TV and throwing their controllers. Is it really fun at that point?

Avatar image for deactivated-5efed3ebc2180
deactivated-5efed3ebc2180

923

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#13 deactivated-5efed3ebc2180
Member since 2006 • 923 Posts
@Willy105 said:
@Random_Matt said:

Nintendo fans are not the average gamer, they are the best example of gamers who love and except mediocrity.

If Nintendo made mediocre products, they wouldn't have fans.

https://www.apple.com/
LOL

Avatar image for Random_Matt
Random_Matt

5126

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#14 Random_Matt
Member since 2013 • 5126 Posts

@WESTBLADE said:
@Willy105 said:
@Random_Matt said:

Nintendo fans are not the average gamer, they are the best example of gamers who love and except mediocrity.

If Nintendo made mediocre products, they wouldn't have fans.

https://www.apple.com/

LOL

LOL indeed.

Avatar image for Jag85
Jag85

14724

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 216

User Lists: 0

#15 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 14724 Posts

The average gamer doesn't care about high resolution or high fps, but they do care about consistent fps. If the frame-rate is inconsistent, then the frame stutter would be noticeable to ordinary gamers. What matters is maintaining a stable consistent fps. A consistent 30 fps is better than a frame-rate that fluctuates between 30-60 fps.

Generally, most Switch games aim for a consistent, stable frame-rate. Usually either a stable 30 fps or a stable 60 fps. As long as they get that part right, the Switch will still appeal to the average gamer.

Avatar image for deactivated-5efed3ebc2180
deactivated-5efed3ebc2180

923

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By deactivated-5efed3ebc2180
Member since 2006 • 923 Posts
@Jag85 said:

The average gamer doesn't care about high resolution or high fps, but they do care about consistent fps. If the frame-rate is inconsistent, then the frame stutter would be noticeable to ordinary gamers. What matters is maintaining a stable consistent fps. A consistent 30 fps is better than a frame-rate that fluctuates between 30-60 fps.

Generally, most Switch games aim for a consistent, stable frame-rate. Usually either a stable 30 fps or a stable 60 fps. As long as they get that part right, the Switch will still appeal to the average gamer.

"Average gamer" can't tell difference between 30fps and 60fps. Even the dips in low 20's in God of War (both on base and Pro PS4's) seem to go unnoticed, otherwise Sony fanboys wouldn't brag about it all the time...

Avatar image for Juub1990
Juub1990

9886

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#17 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 9886 Posts

@hardwenzen: The big companies evidently do care about the average gamers and most of the stuff caters to them.

Avatar image for jeezers
jeezers

4772

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#18 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 4772 Posts

@lebanese_boy said:

The Switch is mostly a proof that many gamers want to play console-quality games on the go and are willing to sacrifice a bit on the performance side to achieve this.

This^, i just picked up bulletstorm duke edition, ghostbusters, and katamari for like 30 bucks, ive played these games in the past, but i like having the portability.

Avatar image for osan0
osan0

15816

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#19 osan0
Member since 2004 • 15816 Posts

It has been ever thus...the switch is just a reminder of it. Power does not, and has never, dictated success in this industry. ever.

the PS1, PS2, Wii, switch, the gameboy, DS and 3DS and even the almighty PC all show that the vast majority of people do not give one single flying F about tech or horsepower or resolution or FPS. as long as the games people want to play looks nice enough to them and runs nice enough for them then they do not care.

not one single platform has ever won because of performance or tech or horsepower alone. not one. it has never happened.

what has always been key to victory is the bit highlighted in bold: getting the games people want to play.

Avatar image for Jag85
Jag85

14724

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 216

User Lists: 0

#20  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 14724 Posts

@WESTBLADE said:
@Jag85 said:

The average gamer doesn't care about high resolution or high fps, but they do care about consistent fps. If the frame-rate is inconsistent, then the frame stutter would be noticeable to ordinary gamers. What matters is maintaining a stable consistent fps. A consistent 30 fps is better than a frame-rate that fluctuates between 30-60 fps.

Generally, most Switch games aim for a consistent, stable frame-rate. Usually either a stable 30 fps or a stable 60 fps. As long as they get that part right, the Switch will still appeal to the average gamer.

"Average gamer" can't tell difference between 30fps and 60fps. Even the dips in low 20's in God of War (both on base and Pro PS4's) seem to go unnoticed, otherwise Sony fanboys wouldn't brag about it all the time...

The average gamer prefers a stable frame-rate. They couldn't care less if it's 60 fps, 30 fps, or even a so-called "cinematic" 25 fps. What does matter to the average gamer is that the frame-rate is stable and consistent. Because an unstable, inconsistent frame-rate leads to frame-stutter. Which is a nuisance that is quite easily noticeable to the average gamer.

Avatar image for deactivated-5efed3ebc2180
deactivated-5efed3ebc2180

923

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#21 deactivated-5efed3ebc2180
Member since 2006 • 923 Posts

@Juub1990 said:

@hardwenzen: The big companies evidently do care about the average gamers and most of the stuff caters to them.

Yea, that's actually a sad fact. I remember reading a few years ago that only like ~5% of gamers actually "bother" to do at least a bit of research before buying a game/hardware.

Avatar image for deactivated-5efed3ebc2180
deactivated-5efed3ebc2180

923

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#22 deactivated-5efed3ebc2180
Member since 2006 • 923 Posts

@Jag85 said:
@WESTBLADE said:
@Jag85 said:

The average gamer doesn't care about high resolution or high fps, but they do care about consistent fps. If the frame-rate is inconsistent, then the frame stutter would be noticeable to ordinary gamers. What matters is maintaining a stable consistent fps. A consistent 30 fps is better than a frame-rate that fluctuates between 30-60 fps.

Generally, most Switch games aim for a consistent, stable frame-rate. Usually either a stable 30 fps or a stable 60 fps. As long as they get that part right, the Switch will still appeal to the average gamer.

"Average gamer" can't tell difference between 30fps and 60fps. Even the dips in low 20's in God of War (both on base and Pro PS4's) seem to go unnoticed, otherwise Sony fanboys wouldn't brag about it all the time...

The average gamer prefers a stable frame-rate. They couldn't care less if it's 60 fps, 30 fps, or even a so-called "cinematic" 25 fps. What does matter to the average gamer is that the frame-rate is stable and consistent. Because an unstable, inconsistent frame-rate leads to frame-stutter. Which is a nuisance that is quite easily noticeable to the average gamer.

I see you expect way too much from casuals...

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

1647

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#23 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 1647 Posts

@WESTBLADE said:
@Juub1990 said:

@hardwenzen: The big companies evidently do care about the average gamers and most of the stuff caters to them.

Yea, that's actually a sad fact. I remember reading a few years ago that only like ~5% of gamers actually "bother" to do at least a bit of research before buying a game/hardware.

That's just sad, but that's the reality, and that's why games like Fortnite are so popular.

Avatar image for deactivated-5efed3ebc2180
deactivated-5efed3ebc2180

923

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#24 deactivated-5efed3ebc2180
Member since 2006 • 923 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@WESTBLADE said:
@Juub1990 said:

@hardwenzen: The big companies evidently do care about the average gamers and most of the stuff caters to them.

Yea, that's actually a sad fact. I remember reading a few years ago that only like ~5% of gamers actually "bother" to do at least a bit of research before buying a game/hardware.

That's just sad, but that's the reality, and that's why games like Fortnite are so popular.

Fortnite is F2P, so it's kinda irrelevant in this subject...:\

Avatar image for virusvaccine21
VirusVaccine21

700

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By VirusVaccine21
Member since 2020 • 700 Posts

The average gamer cares more for games, uniqueness, features, etc... I think people forget that the only console to technically win a generation based on power was the PS4, and even that's debatable due to the mid-gen upgrades.

Even the Wii smoked the 360 and PS3. That's why this forums neckbeard debate about power has me puzzled.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

39942

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 66

User Lists: 0

#26 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 39942 Posts

Gamers have lower expectations for mobile games.

Avatar image for Antwan3K
Antwan3K

4559

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#27  Edited By Antwan3K  Online
Member since 2005 • 4559 Posts

The Switch (along with the Wii before it) is proof that you don't have to utilize a "traditional console" strategy in order to be successful..

For many, the Switch is a companion console.. It's not competing with anything.. It's just the secondary device you buy to compliment your Playstation, Xbox, or PC..

It's a winning strategy.. But let's not pretend that there are a ton of people buying a Switch INSTEAD of a Playstation, Xbox, or PC.. People are buying a Switch in ADDITION to their preferred platform.. It's definitely not apples to apples..

Avatar image for jg4xchamp
jg4xchamp

63074

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#28 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 63074 Posts

Consoles in general are proof of that.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

26435

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#29 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 26435 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

I'm not sure I can come to the same conclusion.

Add up people that bought a PS4 and Xbone and compare it to the Switch.

Add up people that bought a gaming PC, PS4 and Xbone and the amount of Switch gamers becomes even smaller by comparison, a niche even.

Switch has only been around for three years and is already 10 million over Xbox One.

Avatar image for vfighter
VFighter

6903

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#30 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 6903 Posts

@WESTBLADE: I just recently played God of War, when does it dip into the 20s exactly? The only time I noticed any frame rate issues is when the game was loading a new area.

Avatar image for phbz
phbz

5808

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 0

#31 phbz  Online
Member since 2009 • 5808 Posts

Average gamer plays on a phone.

Avatar image for floppydics
floppydics

352

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#32 floppydics
Member since 2014 • 352 Posts

Average gamers haven't got a clue about resolution and framerate they are just buzzwords for them. They just know that 4k is good (because of tv's) and that's about it. Manchildren/clueless parents etc also do not care or do not know about Framerate, res etc. Those Nintendo fans who do care about tech progression likely have a PC/another console also.

Avatar image for watercrack445
watercrack445

2536

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#33 watercrack445
Member since 2017 • 2536 Posts

Nintendo thinks most of their gamers are kids. Remember Nintendo Labo?

Avatar image for ConanTheStoner
ConanTheStoner

18755

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#34 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 18755 Posts

Yeah as already stated, consoles as a whole prove that. Switch being the far more extreme example of course.

If Switch success is proof of anything, it's that there's still a market for dedicated portable gaming and that marketing works wonders.

Because realistically, it's basically an un-tethered WiiU, which was a disaster.

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
GoldenElementXL

4319

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#35 GoldenElementXL
Member since 2016 • 4319 Posts

Consoles are proof that the average gamer doesn’t care about resolution and framerate. If they did, they would be on PC.

The bigger topic here is when do most of you come to the realization that you’re actually the “average gamer.” Most of you don’t know about hardware, have no idea how games are made, only buy a few games a year, (and at a discount at that) are playing on 1080p TV’s, don’t play competitive games (or aren’t good enough at them) etc etc etc. You’re only “hardcore” in name and that’s a title you gave yourselves.

Avatar image for madsnakehhh
madsnakehhh

16657

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#36 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 16657 Posts

I thought the Wii success was enough proof of that ... the so called "hardcore" gamer audience loves to brag about graphics and stuff ... in the real world that doesn't mean much, people just want to have fun, that's why the most "casual" games are usually the most succesful while "hardcore" titles can barely made a profit.

Avatar image for vfighter
VFighter

6903

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#37 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 6903 Posts

@goldenelementxl: I can almost smell the Axe body wash and monster energy through your post, so damn hardcore.

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
GoldenElementXL

4319

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#38 GoldenElementXL
Member since 2016 • 4319 Posts

@vfighter said:

@goldenelementxl: I can almost smell the Axe body wash and monster energy through your post, so damn hardcore.

I've never called myself a "hardcore gamer." I think the only thing I've ever claimed to be was a "tech enthusiast."

PS: I would never put Axe body wash on but Monster energy is amazing. Their zero sugar selection is second to none!

Avatar image for TJDMHEM
TJDMHEM

3104

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#39  Edited By TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3104 Posts

yes.

Avatar image for freedomfreak
freedomfreak

51814

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#40 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 51814 Posts

No. This has been established long before the Switch arrived.

Avatar image for svaubel
svaubel

4271

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 133

User Lists: 0

#41 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4271 Posts

Never understood the labels of 'hardcore' and 'casual' gamers.

If anything the Switch is proof that fun games sell.

Fun. What a concept. Thought that is what gaming is supposed to be.

Avatar image for i_p_daily
I_P_Daily

16731

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#42 I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 16731 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

Consoles are proof that the average gamer doesn’t care about resolution and framerate. If they did, they would be on PC.

The bigger topic here is when do most of you come to the realization that you’re actually the “average gamer.” Most of you don’t know about hardware, have no idea how games are made, only buy a few games a year, (and at a discount at that) are playing on 1080p TV’s, don’t play competitive games (or aren’t good enough at them) etc etc etc. You’re only “hardcore” in name and that’s a title you gave yourselves.

But you're hardcore because you have an awesome k/d ratio on Fortnite right? maybe you should be saying "we" instead of "you" & "you're" you fakeboy lol.

Since when did knowing about how a game is made or about hardware make one hardcore???

Also how do you know how many games people buy a year, and at what price? You're a fool, must be the fumes from your own shit from when you sit on the shitter too long playing your Switch that's affecting your brain lol

Avatar image for Sevenizz
Sevenizz

4921

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#43  Edited By Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 4921 Posts

I voted No. A gamer over the age of 20 would not have a Switch as a main console. He has a PC, or Xbox One/ps4 as his main and a Switch as backup. Nintendo makes great games and the only way you can play those games is on Nintendo consoles. 3rd party developers, for the most part, don’t port their games to Nintendo systems due to high licensing fees or weak hardware. To play those games you must buy a competing console I mention above. Due to the Switch coming out mid-gen, most gamers already own a non Nintendo platform already.

Avatar image for i_p_daily
I_P_Daily

16731

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#44 I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 16731 Posts

The main reason the Switch is selling is because its portable, its as simple as that, if it were a just a home console then Nintendo would have another Wii U situation on its hands.

Resolution has nothing to do with it, and this is just the OP trying to talk himself into believing that its ok for his PS5 to be underpowered when compared to the competition.

His desperation reeks, take a shower man geez lol.

Avatar image for daredevils2k
Daredevils2k

2349

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#45 Daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 2349 Posts

Majority of gamers just want a good game. Which MS hasn’t figured that out yet.

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
GoldenElementXL

4319

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#46  Edited By GoldenElementXL
Member since 2016 • 4319 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

But you're hardcore because you have an awesome k/d ratio on Fortnite right? maybe you should be saying "we" instead of "you" & "you're" you fakeboy lol.

Since when did knowing about how a game is made or about hardware make one hardcore???

Also how do you know how many games people buy a year, and at what price? You're a fool, must be the fumes from your own shit from when you sit on the shitter too long playing your Switch that's affecting your brain lol

1 - I read the threads on this board. According to y'all, nobody buys games at $60. Everyone is waiting on a deal, or is too "busy" playing something from the year(s) before.

2 - What other hobby consists of a "hardcore" fanbase that doesn't know how things are made or how the things in their hobby work? That's right, only gaming. Imagine a car enthusiast that can't change their own oil... That's the kind of goofball this hobby brings.

3 - Playing single player games on easy-normal difficulty is an insult to most folks intelligence/time. Yet that's how most of y'all play. Again, I'm going by responses on this board.

Anyone outside of the hobby would read the responses here and think this place is full of a bunch of casual ass clowns. The same with ResetEra and whatever is left of NeoGaf. How is anyone "hardcore" asking if they should buy a PS4/Xbox One in 2020, or not subscribing to PSN/Xbox Live, or not playing anything released in the past calendar year? This is the only hobby where the "scrubs" masquerade as the "hardcore." But the rise of Twitch and other streaming platforms are bringing that to an end as well.

I'm sorry that y'all are "niche." Maybe you can kickstart another single player remake of a 20 year old game...

Avatar image for i_p_daily
I_P_Daily

16731

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#47 I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 16731 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:
@i_p_daily said:

But you're hardcore because you have an awesome k/d ratio on Fortnite right? maybe you should be saying "we" instead of "you" & "you're" you fakeboy lol.

Since when did knowing about how a game is made or about hardware make one hardcore???

Also how do you know how many games people buy a year, and at what price? You're a fool, must be the fumes from your own shit from when you sit on the shitter too long playing your Switch that's affecting your brain lol

1 - I read the threads on this board. According to y'all, nobody buys games at $60. Everyone is waiting on a deal, or is too "busy" playing something from the year(s) before.

2 - What other hobby consists of a "hardcore" fanbase that doesn't know how things are made or how the things in their hobby work? That's right, only gaming. Imagine a car enthusiast that can't change their own oil... That's the kind of goofball this hobby brings.

3 - Playing single player games on easy-normal difficulty is an insult to most folks intelligence/time. Yet that's how most of y'all play. Again, I'm going by responses on this board.

Anyone outside of the hobby would read the responses here and think this place is full of a bunch of casual ass clowns. The same with ResetEra and whatever is left of NeoGaf. How is anyone "hardcore" asking if they should buy a PS4/Xbox One in 2020, or not subscribing to PSN/Xbox Live, or not playing anything released in the past calendar year? This is the only hobby where the "scrubs" masquerade as the "hardcore." But the rise of Twitch and other streaming platforms are bringing that to an end as well.

I'm sorry that y'all are "niche." Maybe you can kickstart another single player remake of a 20 year old game...

You're confusing the words enthusiast with hardcore. Hardcore has NOTHING to do with knowing how a game is made, or how each component etc works that's an enthusiast, a hardcore gamer is one who plays for long hours mainly playing online MP games etc.

You think you're hardcore when you don't even know what the word means in the gaming space lol.

Like I said sniffing on your own fumes a little too much, as you're no hardcore gamer, you are as you call it niche, get used to it fakeboy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5efed3ebc2180
deactivated-5efed3ebc2180

923

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#48 deactivated-5efed3ebc2180
Member since 2006 • 923 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

...

The bigger topic here is when do most of you come to the realization that you’re actually the “average gamer.” Most of you don’t know about hardware, have no idea how games are made, only buy a few games a year, (and at a discount at that) are playing on 1080p TV’s, don’t play competitive games (or aren’t good enough at them) etc etc etc. You’re only “hardcore” in name and that’s a title you gave yourselves.

@goldenelementxl said:

...
1 - I read the threads on this board. According to y'all, nobody buys games at $60. Everyone is waiting on a deal, or is too "busy" playing something from the year(s) before.

...

You can't even back up your argument because you contradict yourself.

Also you play Madden, so your opinion is invalid by default.

Avatar image for deactivated-5efed3ebc2180
deactivated-5efed3ebc2180

923

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#49 deactivated-5efed3ebc2180
Member since 2006 • 923 Posts

@vfighter said:

@WESTBLADE: I just recently played God of War, when does it dip into the 20s exactly? The only time I noticed any frame rate issues is when the game was loading a new area.

It's quite some time since i played on my PS4, let alone God of War. Besides (the obvious) cutscenes and (already mentioned) area transitions, i remember it to happen during "crowded" fight scenes when i went "wild" and a lot of stuff was going on... Since i have a localized version (original VA, but rest is translated to a language that has literally nothing in common with english), therefore i can't even say the enemies' (english) names/types correctly without sounding like a clown who didn't even play that game...:\

Avatar image for jg4xchamp
jg4xchamp

63074

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#50 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 63074 Posts

@Jag85 said:

The average gamer doesn't care about high resolution or high fps, but they do care about consistent fps. If the frame-rate is inconsistent,

console framerates are inconsistent as hell. GTA5 ran like butt on the 360 and it sold a shit ton.

The game just needs to not be broken and visually stimulating. That alone is all a game needs to sell a lot of copies.