Is "Spiderman Miles Morales" a true next gen exclusive that can't be contained on PS4?

• 176 results
Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

There is just so much damage control going out against this game I've noticed on here.

I think Xbox guys are scared of the ps5 getting a AAA next gen launch exclusive killer app on day one it just would look horrible for them.

I mean Insomniac has made a lot of AAA games in the past. They are very good at making fun to play, great looking games I mean I'd probably be worried as well if I didn't go ps5.

You got xbox guys saying it looks like Spiderman ps4 dlc. Insomniac is going to push this game hard into next gen. You got ray tracing lighting going on, way more npc's in the city making more life like. The graphics look like a huge step forward from the screenshots we've seen. Engine? What engine this looks like a new game to me. The SSD is giving us faster more fluent transitions and cutting load times by like 70% this is friggin huuuuge.

You can't do this game on ps4, ps4 can't have this many people on screen at the same time the cpu couldn't handle it anymore. Insomniac is going all out here there adding stuff to it this is gonna a beefy long adventure. DLC is usually really short this is a full fledged friggin game here.

Miles Morales that animated movie blew up last year. it won an Oscar and was huge hitter some call it the best animated movie of all time. This character is super hot right now. I dunno what to else to say.

So why do you think Xbox guys losing there minds over this game? This game reminds me of a DKC or a Super Mario World or just a big hitter coming out the gate and making Sega genesis look like complete crap.

The xb1 needs to compete, there launch line up isn't cutting the mustard. Even Sega put out sonic to compete with Mario etc where is launch game here for x-series? Wheres our killer app?

This character is soooo popular right now, you had one "best" animated movies of all time an Oscar winner performance kids are going nuts for this guy. Wow.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2251 Posts

Game is an expansion to a PS4 game... only reason it’s ps5 exclusive is to push new hardware and because as always Sony havent got any games ready for launch...there is a reason this isn’t labeled Spider-Man 2!

And no I ain’t damage controlling I am a pc gamer that has a ps4pro and just pissed that I won’t get to play this before I get a ps5!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#3 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69428 Posts

@djoffer123 said:

Game is an expansion to a PS4 game... only reason it’s ps5 exclusive is to push new hardware and because as always Sony havent got any games ready for launch...there is a reason this isn’t labeled Spider-Man 2!

And no I ain’t damage controlling I am a pc gamer that has a ps4pro and just pissed that I won’t get to play this before I get a ps5!

Well done sir.
Well done sir.

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

One thing to keep in mind. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

As a person who plays everything, I'm a little worried Playstation closed ps4 out too strong. I'm curious what the first year of playstation really looks like. Same could truly be said for Xbox. Seems like 3rd Parties are going to hold us all over.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74

@djoffer123 said:

How is it an expansion dude wtf? Miles Morales isn't anything like Peter Parker's Spiderman. He's a completely different character, different villains, different attitude. This isn't your mommas Spiderman 2 with Peter Parker again.

Its a fresh unique game from insomniac one of the greatest developers of all time. DLC was like when they added a new horse or a building in Sunset overdrive thats DLC a new building within in the same game.

You see the difference this isn't in that same world even its not adding new buildings to the same game.

This is a fresh new game with a completely different character and story to boot. I'm sorry dude its not your expansion its not even able to run on PS4 let alone be in the same ballpark wake up man.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

It's only going to look worse for the Xbox fanboys when this "DLC" outsells every XSX exclusive. Then they will fall back to "bu bu gamepass" even after Phil said game pass users buy more games.

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/62357/xbox-game-pass-actually-sparks-full-sales/index.html

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#7 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69428 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

It's only going to look worse for the Xbox fanboys when this "DLC" outsells every XSX exclusive. Then they will fall back to "bu bu gamepass" even after Phil said game pass users buy more games.

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/62357/xbox-game-pass-actually-sparks-full-sales/index.html

This really keeps up at night. 😂

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

There is just so much damage control going out against this game I've noticed on here.

I think Xbox guys are scared of the ps5 getting a AAA next gen launch exclusive killer app on day one it just would look horrible for them.

I mean Insomniac has made a lot of AAA games in the past. They are very good at making fun to play, great looking games I mean I'd probably be worried as well if I didn't go ps5.

You got xbox guys saying it looks like Spiderman ps4 dlc. Insomniac is going to push this game hard into next gen. You got ray tracing lighting going on, way more npc's in the city making more life like. The graphics look like a huge step forward from the screenshots we've seen. Engine? What engine this looks like a new game to me. The SSD is giving us faster more fluent transitions and cutting load times by like 70% this is friggin huuuuge.

You can't do this game on ps4, ps4 can't have this many people on screen at the same time the cpu couldn't handle it anymore. Insomniac is going all out here there adding stuff to it this is gonna a beefy long adventure. DLC is usually really short this is a full fledged friggin game here.

Miles Morales that animated movie blew up last year. it won an Oscar and was huge hitter some call it the best animated movie of all time. This character is super hot right now. I dunno what to else to say.

So why do you think Xbox guys losing there minds over this game? This game reminds me of a DKC or a Super Mario World or just a big hitter coming out the gate and making Sega genesis look like complete crap.

The xb1 needs to compete, there launch line up isn't cutting the mustard. Even Sega put out sonic to compete with Mario etc where is launch game here for x-series? Wheres our killer app?

This character is soooo popular right now, you had one "best" animated movies of all time an Oscar winner performance kids are going nuts for this guy. Wow.

what's your gamertag, bro?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a
deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9 deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a
Member since 2020 • 1426 Posts

Hope MM turns out good as og.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@magnum3000 said:

Hope MM turns out good as og.

Bro this is "Insomniac" you don't have to worry there like the old school blizzard quality of console games. It's backed by big money of sony just relax man it'll be fresh new experience for ps5.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@clone01: He doesn't have one. He doesn't game and probably never has on any of the Xbox consoles. Bro is a pretender, bro is a troll, bro is a scaled down low rent version of el tormented but quickly catching up. Bro needs to retire

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

Lems are well aware of Spider-Man's popularity , how people feel about the latest Spider-Man game , and they got a taste of what Insomniac can do with Sunset Overdrive and understanding that both Ratchet & Clank (2016) and Spider-Man (2018) are even better.

I'd be salty and jealous right now if I were them. Although , I'd hope I wouldn't be dumb enough or lame enough to call it DLC when it's cleary a standalone game. I like to troll too , but there's a line somewhere , right?

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

Scared of it? Please.
I actually think Sony have been clever. This was a ps4 game....already on the back burner and ready to be released as DLC for PS4 Spiderman. Instead they released an enhanced version of Spiderman with the Miles Morales DLC for Ps5.

That's my theory, and I'm sticking to it.

Sony polished it up, imported Spiderman assets and threw in Spiderman remastered. It'll sell well because there's nothing else at launch and it has to be a budget game, or else Sony has bigger cojones than we thought.

The only thing I don't like is that it could easily run on a PS4 without RT and at a lower resolution, but Sony clearly don't want that. Also it kinda feels like Sony are charging Spiderman owners on ps4 to pay for a remastered ps5 version - they should offer a free upgrade....but hey, enjoy it kids.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@Nike_Air said:

Lems are well aware of Spider-Man's popularity , how people feel about the latest Spider-Man game , and they got a taste of what Insomniac can do with Sunset Overdrive and understanding that both Ratchet & Clank (2016) and Spider-Man (2018) are even better.

I'd be salty and jealous right now if I were them. Although , I'd hope I wouldn't be dumb enough or lame enough to call it DLC when it's cleary a standalone game. I like to troll too , but there's a line somewhere , right?

OMG yes thank you dude I really just can't stand em right now even some hermits are calling it DLC too now.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

I don't see any lems talking about Spider man bro. I don't see any lems creating thread on it either bro. How are lems scared of a game they're not talking about bro?

Logic seems to have skipped the entire cow generation.....bro. Nappy time bro, get some rest your brain is still developing

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44140 Posts

Not “scared” of it myself. I think it looks quite good and I’m a Spider-Man fan myself. 🤷‍♂️

Duckyindiana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Duckyindiana
Member since 2006 • 3040 Posts

Another amazing thread well done!

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5873 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:
@djoffer123 said:

How is it an expansion dude wtf? Miles Morales isn't anything like Peter Parker's Spiderman. He's a completely different character, different villains, different attitude. This isn't your mommas Spiderman 2 with Peter Parker again.

Its a fresh unique game from insomniac one of the greatest developers of all time. DLC was like when they added a new horse or a building in Sunset overdrive thats DLC a new building within in the same game.

You see the difference this isn't in that same world even its not adding new buildings to the same game.

This is a fresh new game with a completely different character and story to boot. I'm sorry dude its not your expansion its not even able to run on PS4 let alone be in the same ballpark wake up man.

Its based in the same location just a year later. Its half the length of the original game.

It might well include the original game.

An original game wouldn't do that.

If they charge full price then they are ripping people off.

But they might not.

At the end of the day its one game and neither console has much that justify a purchase at launch, unless you are switching platforms and want to play this gen games until more next gen games come out.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6847 Posts

What makes something an expansion? I think we need to better define that in order to come to the same understanding.

For instance, do you have to own the core game in order to play the new content? If so, that's definitely an expansion.

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts

Why are cows making so many threads about xbox, are they a little insecure?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@shellcase86 said:

What makes something an expansion? I think we need to better define that in order to come to the same understanding.

For instance, do you have to own the core game in order to play the new content? If so, that's definitely an expansion.

Usually an expansion doesn't have completely new character, a completely a new story, a completely new world and next gen technology that can't run on the same system it launched on.

Thats just me though I bought brood war for my PC and no graphics updates, the story was in the same world, it was much smaller game barely anything new and it was one of the best expansions of all time.

This isn't anything like an expansion to me.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#22 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5247 Posts

System Wars, not Fanboy Wars. Talk about the systems and the games that are played on them, not talk about the Microsoft fanboys.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

Ask the PS4 gamers who have been left behind by Sony....no dlc from a last gen title should be exclusive to a next gen console....but Sony are anti consumer and cows like getting their teats squeezed

a match made in heaven

MOOooooo hah

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 tdkmillsy

@ProtossRushX said:
@shellcase86 said:

Usually an expansion doesn't have completely new character, a completely a new story, a completely new world and next gen technology that can't run on the same system it launched on.

Thats just me though I bought brood war for my PC and no graphics updates, the story was in the same world, it was much smaller game barely anything new and it was one of the best expansions of all time.

There is tons of expansions that bring new characters to games and make changes to the environment including snow.

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

I think we can all agree Miles Morales was supposed to be a PS4 game like Uncharted Lost Legacy and Infamous first light.

I look at it more like a short story, not a full game and not quite DLC. lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@tdkmillsy said:
@ProtossRushX said:
@shellcase86 said:

There is tons of expansions that bring new characters to games and make changes to the environment including snow.

So I guess Super Mario World was an expansion for Super Mario Bro 3 right?

This is on a new system dude IT CANT RUN ON PS4

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2030 Posts

Well the first one was really great. So i understand if this will cause panic

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 NathanDrakeSwag

@bluestars said:

Ask the PS4 gamers who have been left behind by Sony....no dlc from a last gen title should be exclusive to a next gen console....but Sony are anti consumer and cows like getting their teats squeezed

a match made in heaven

MOOooooo hah

PS4 exclusives this year:

Ghost of Tsushima

The Last of Us 2

Dreams

Nioh 2

Final Fantasy 7 (for at least 1 year)

MLB

Persona 5 Royal

Iron Man VR

Fall Guys

Who got left behind again?

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 tdkmillsy

@ProtossRushX said:
@tdkmillsy said:
@ProtossRushX said:
@shellcase86 said:

So I guess Super Mario World was an expansion for Super Mario Bro 3 right?

This is on a new system dude IT CANT RUN ON PS4

They took a PS4 game applied next gen stuff to it and now it cant run on PS4 in its new format. That's correct.

According to the tiny bits been released

Its in the same world at winter time, other games have done this in DLC

Its with a different character that operates the same as the old character, other games have offered new characters that operate completely different as DLC

It offers a new story but in the same environment or one that can make use of the same stuff, other games have done this in DLC.

Anyways its cool to see it how you want to see it, if you going to buy a PS5 the lack of other next gen games makes it attractive.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@tdkmillsy said:

They took a PS4 game applied next gen stuff to it and now it cant run on PS4 in its new format. That's correct.

According to the tiny bits been released

Its in the same world at winter time, other games have done this in DLC

Its with a different character that operates the same as the old character, other games have offered new characters that operate completely different as DLC

It offers a new story but in the same environment or one that can make use of the same stuff, other games have done this in DLC.

Anyways its cool to see it how you want to see it, if you going to buy a PS5 the lack of other next gen games makes it attractive.

Bro think about this way it would be easy to just scale the game down for ps4 if they could they would. 100 million user base on ps4 would be a ton of cash for sony.

Theres no reason they would not put this on ps4 unless it can't be done and thats just how it is. Money talks and its telling us this can't be scaled down for ps4. Maybe there adding a lot more NPC's in the world and ps4 cpu couldn't handle it anymore no matter what they did.

They want money they want sales, we just have to accept it can't be scaled down for ps4 and just enjoy our fresh next gen exclusive game.

I know xbox people are afraid of this but its time to move on to next-gen im ready to.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 NathanDrakeSwag

People are calling it a DLC because it doesn't have "2" in the title. Just goes to show how dumb some gamers are.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#32 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

I think people are concerned that once the power of the SSD is unleashed something bad happens. Like a black hole or something like that.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

1) no source

2) topic is predicated on fanwars, and not system wars. Please change title

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@xantufrog said:

1) no source

2) topic is predicated on fanwars, and not system wars. Please change title

aww dang my bad dude

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Bluestars

@NathanDrakeSwag:

They are all PS4 games?

How many PS4’s will Sps4der man 1 dlc M-M play on?

I’ll give you a hint.... as many as the amount of gameplay in that gif of horizon you put up and tried to pass off as how the game will look

HAH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@xantufrog:

It's saying access denied can you change the title for me?

Is "Spiderman Miles Morales" a true next gen exclusive that can't be contained on PS4

I like that title and its less flamey against xbox guys

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 NathanDrakeSwag

@bluestars said:

@NathanDrakeSwag:

How many PS4’s will Sps4der man 1 dlc M-M play on?

I’ll give you a hint.... as many as the amount of gameplay in that gif of horizon you put up and tried to pass off as gameplay

HAH

Are you new to console generations? Microsoft doesn't get to dictate how it works just because they got their ass kicked and want to change the narrative.

Go earn some money so you can buy a PS5 instead of crying about 7 year old hardware not being able to run a next gen game.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Bluestars

@NathanDrakeSwag:

Emotional

Bless

Sps4ider man Dlc is about as next gen as godfall....in other words....it’s not HAH

Held back for ps5.....you know it,I know it

sheep99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 sheep99
Member since 2020 • 1254 Posts

Xbox gamers hate games

Duckyindiana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Duckyindiana
Member since 2006 • 3040 Posts

@ProtossRushX: Yeah all the kids are going nuts and can’t stop talking about it oh wait nope that’s not true at all is it! Unless you are hanging around with lots of kids

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By LouiXIII
Member since 2015 • 10052 Posts

@ProtossRushX: Like the first person to reply has already stated, they're mad they have to upgrade to play it. Simple as that lol

Basically they bash Sony and the game beause they secretly want to lay hands on it😆

Ain't that right Pedro😂

#pathetic

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18796 Posts

@sealionact: "It'll sell well because there's nothing else at launch and it has to be a budget game,"

I'll lend towards it being $39.99

"or else Sony has bigger cojones than we thought."

But if its higher tgan $40, the 2 excuses you can use:

1- It supposedly comes equip with SpiderMan PS4

2- Like you hinted, what other games will be available at launch?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#44 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24915 Posts

Spiderman is lamest superhero. very childish.

Next Batman game gonna destroy sony's Spiderman. Batman is more darker and badass super hero.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@PSP107 said:

@sealionact: "It'll sell well because there's nothing else at launch and it has to be a budget game,"

I'll lend towards it being $39.99

"or else Sony has bigger cojones than we thought."

But if its higher tgan $40, the 2 excuses you can use:

1- It supposedly comes equip with SpiderMan PS4

2- Like you hinted, what other games will be available at launch?

Bro are you kidding me its a 60 dollar exclusive its not 40 its not dlc its not a expac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@bluestars said:

a match made in heaven

MOOooooo hah

Let go, don't be ashamed of your anger. Its ok to hurt. Its ok to feel the rage. Harness it use it as a tool. Make next gen exclusives for x-series. This isn't 2013 anymore its 2020 we have new technology now. Let it go, let it all go.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Archangel3371

No, I seriously doubt that this is a “true next gen exclusive”. I would imagine that this game is largely using most of the stuff from the previous Spider-Man game just spruced up graphically and with the Miles Morales character. I’m sure it’ll have its own storyline, dialog, and perhaps a new villain or two. I don’t think that they’d have the time to have crafted a “true next gen exclusive” since the the previous game came out. Other then some of the graphical effects and load times I doubt that this will be something that could run on the PS4.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74

@Archangel3371 said:

No, I seriously doubt that this is a “true next gen exclusive”. I would imagine that this game is largely using most of the stuff from the previous Spider-Man game just spruced up graphically and with the Miles Morales character. I’m sure it’ll have its own storyline, dialog, and perhaps a new villain or two. I don’t think that they’d have the time to have crafted a “true next gen exclusive” since the the previous game came out. Other then some of the graphical effects and load times I doubt that this will be something that could run on the PS4.

Then why isn't this on ps4 still I mean theres 100 million users there right? So why would Sony not want to make more profit if this could be on last gen your opinion makes no sense. They would put it there if they could right?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Archangel3371

@ProtossRushX: They want to push the transition of the user base to the PS5 as quickly as possible. I think that they even said so in previous statements.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@Archangel3371 said:

@ProtossRushX: They want to push the transition of the user base to the PS5 as quickly as possible. I think that they even said so in previous statements.

Yeah but what if insomniac can't get the game running on 2013 hardware, what if the cpu gpu and ram just isn't enough for what there doing in this game?

Insomniac is gonna put some things in here they are strong developer that push things to their limits. We just dunno I say we give em more time to explain why this game is ps5 only.