Is Sony Arrogant and Inconsiderate?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Trashface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 Trashface
Member since 2006 • 3534 Posts

I came across a news bit. It may appear that the buying public is still at odds with the PS3's relatively high price, with some consumers taking the stand not to buy the machine until the price drops. When asked if he feels any pressure to drop the PS3's price this year, Harrison responds, "Absolutely no pressure at all. I think that the reality of the market is that there's a great deal of software people want to buy, there's a great deal of software coming that will stimulate further activity in the market. We're very comfortable with the plan."

Does this seem inconsiderate and arrogant?

Here is the full story>

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=6268

winner-ps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 winner-ps3
Member since 2007 • 2364 Posts
they are selling pretty good, and it just came out in eruope and it is setting records for how fast it is selling. The price is high but it has great value. They really cant drop the price right now, the ps3 cost to much to make. Now with the  360 elite coming out it will probably help sony. The elite show that the ps3 is not that much more money and it has more features like bluray! I dont expect a price drop till christmas  08 but small possibility of $50 price cut christmas 07 if it slows down in sales.
Me_Ur_Daddy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Me_Ur_Daddy_
Member since 2007 • 441 Posts
everytime a lemming makes a bad thread about ps3 all anyone has to respond with is "elite" lol
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
They've been arrogant and inconsiderate for years now and they will come in 3rd place because of it.
CalmityDaunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CalmityDaunt
Member since 2006 • 296 Posts
They've been arrogant and inconsiderate for years now and they will come in 3rd place because of it.X360PS3AMD05
Quoting in an "elite" thread.
Trashface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Trashface
everytime a lemming makes a bad thread about ps3 all anyone has to respond with is "elite" lolMe_Ur_Daddy_
A lemming? I posed a question. that allows people to judge by reading and answer for themselves. By calling me a"lemming", you show far more fanboyism. Nice try, though. As far as the elite, it won't hurt their sales. The premium will still sell just fine. As for accusing someone a "lemming" about this post, you make yourself to be a hypocrite.
Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 Danm_999
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts

I came across a news bit. It may appear that the buying public is still at odds with the PS3's relatively high price, with some consumers taking the stand not to buy the machine until the price drops. When asked if he feels any pressure to drop the PS3's price this year, Harrison responds, "Absolutely no pressure at all. I think that the reality of the market is that there's a great deal of software people want to buy, there's a great deal of software coming that will stimulate further activity in the market. We're very comfortable with the plan."

Here is the full story>

Trashface
Certainly. But most corporations are arrogant and inconsiderate. The reason it seems like some are less so is because they have good PR departments.
Trashface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Trashface
[QUOTE="Trashface"]

Here is the full story>

Danm_999
Certainly. But most corporations are arrogant and inconsiderate. The reason it seems like some are less so is because they have good PR departments.

So doesn't the fact that they wouldn't even try to conseal this mindset behind PR display even more arrogance than usual? Hasn't Ken whateverhisnameis made other questionable comments in the past? I don't want them to fail, but they need to be considerate.
Me_Ur_Daddy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Me_Ur_Daddy_
[QUOTE="Timstuff"][QUOTE="BobElSnob"]I wonder what kinds of games they have in SA? I mean, this is the country that banned pokemon for "Promoting zionism, gambling, and cockfighting" so I can't help but feel they filter out or censor most other good games for ridiculous reasons.Trashface
They're probably just turning them into bombs.

So far, the entire unit has been a big bomb ;) Also, it's easy to see why they wouldn't support the 360. It's an American product and they probably see America as the evil empire that protects the jews(Israel). If they were judging by which is the best system, it would look alot more like American sales.

One more reason that the 360 dominates and another reason not to buy a PS3. GTA4, Virtua fFighterAssasin's Creed, Devil may Cry, and there's already a Final fantasy game on the 360. There's also that lingering rumor about Metal gear. All of these are big titles. I would be worried if I had bought a PS3 which I had briefly thought about. Maybe that's why they go crazy.Trashface
[QUOTE="DementedDragon"]

[QUOTE="azrealhk"]Three models of the 360 will serve only to confuse the casuals more. This may in fact be beneficial to $onyTrashface

Very true, but Sony would have to keep the number of core models low. Options may mean the world to people on this site or others. However to rest of the world (you know the casuals), it's really going to cause some frustration. I'll be purchasing the premium though (once it gets a quieter drive), most 'affordable' HDTVs only have 1 HDMI port, and that's reserved for the PS3. ^_~

Nintendo gets it right again (for consoles), making one system is the best decision.

very wrong. if anything, it damages Sony. it gives Sony one less unique thing to offer. Also, the Elite gives you the option for these extra features. Sony forces you to buy extras.

you were saying ? LEMMING!
Trashface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Trashface
[QUOTE="Trashface"][QUOTE="Timstuff"][QUOTE="BobElSnob"]I wonder what kinds of games they have in SA? I mean, this is the country that banned pokemon for "Promoting zionism, gambling, and cockfighting" so I can't help but feel they filter out or censor most other good games for ridiculous reasons.Me_Ur_Daddy_

So far, the entire unit has been a big bomb ;) Also, it's easy to see why they wouldn't support the 360. It's an American product and they probably see America as the evil empire that protects the jews(Israel). If they were judging by which is the best system, it would look alot more like American sales.

One more reason that the 360 dominates and another reason not to buy a PS3. GTA4, Virtua fFighterAssasin's Creed, Devil may Cry, and there's already a Final fantasy game on the 360. There's also that lingering rumor about Metal gear. All of these are big titles. I would be worried if I had bought a PS3 which I had briefly thought about. Maybe that's why they go crazy.Trashface
[QUOTE="DementedDragon"]

[QUOTE="azrealhk"]Three models of the 360 will serve only to confuse the casuals more. This may in fact be beneficial to $onyTrashface

Very true, but Sony would have to keep the number of core models low. Options may mean the world to people on this site or others. However to rest of the world (you know the casuals), it's really going to cause some frustration. I'll be purchasing the premium though (once it gets a quieter drive), most 'affordable' HDTVs only have 1 HDMI port, and that's reserved for the PS3. ^_~

Nintendo gets it right again (for consoles), making one system is the best decision.

very wrong. if anything, it damages Sony. it gives Sony one less unique thing to offer. Also, the Elite gives you the option for these extra features. Sony forces you to buy extras.

What I was saying was logical. How is that biased? I was actually thinking about buying a PS3 until I realized that there was no good reason to spend the extra money. I guess you think what you posted is proof that I'm biased. Call me silly game nerd names all you want, but what you posted from another forum was not biased and niether was this thread topic. If you can't go read the article and give a real answer, why even display your fanboyism here? I admit that I'm slightly biased, but this thread topic and what you quoted are not biased, they're logical.
Filonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Filonus
Member since 2003 • 1307 Posts

They've been arrogant and inconsiderate for years now and they will come in 3rd place because of it.X360PS3AMD05

lol 

i feel sorry for guys like you who actually think bad PR does much.

Have you seen how much the ps3 is selling in europe in spite of it's price tag. For your own good, realise that not all gamers frequent these forums and buy gaming magazines. Even When i was in high school i used to buy game magazines to read up on the progress of the games i wanted not to see how Sony or microsoft were doing.

and "inconsiderate" ?  you can't seriously  describe sony like that whilst ignoring both the actions of microsoft and nintendo.

360 fanboys can damage control all they want but the elite is a slap in the face for a lot of people who've bough the green machine and crazily want all the little functions. 

And the wii, well  here's the funny thing: Nintendo could have created a console that was "revolutionary" and had a great gpu, but see they think that they can maximise profits by cutting back on one thing and showing off this cheap facet of the console as much as possible. i want 360 and ps3 to share the lead this gen. 

Me_Ur_Daddy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Me_Ur_Daddy_
[QUOTE="Me_Ur_Daddy_"][QUOTE="Trashface"][QUOTE="Timstuff"][QUOTE="BobElSnob"]I wonder what kinds of games they have in SA? I mean, this is the country that banned pokemon for "Promoting zionism, gambling, and cockfighting" so I can't help but feel they filter out or censor most other good games for ridiculous reasons.Trashface

[QUOTE="DementedDragon"]

What I was saying was logical. How is that biased? I was actually thinking about buying a PS3 until I realized that there was no good reason to spend the extra money. I guess you think what you posted is proof that I'm biased. Call me silly game nerd names all you want, but what you posted was not biased and niether was this thread topic. If you can't go read the article and give a real answer, why even display your fanboyism here?

you've displayed enough fanboyism for the both of us kid, talk about the pot calling the kettle black, jeez. you cant take the heat of SW, its only for the toughest bunch and you just arent cut out for it son...
Trashface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Trashface
[QUOTE="Trashface"][QUOTE="Me_Ur_Daddy_"][QUOTE="Trashface"][QUOTE="Timstuff"][QUOTE="BobElSnob"]I wonder what kinds of games they have in SA? I mean, this is the country that banned pokemon for "Promoting zionism, gambling, and cockfighting" so I can't help but feel they filter out or censor most other good games for ridiculous reasons.Me_Ur_Daddy_

[QUOTE="DementedDragon"]

What I was saying was logical. How is that biased? I was actually thinking about buying a PS3 until I realized that there was no good reason to spend the extra money. I guess you think what you posted is proof that I'm biased. Call me silly game nerd names all you want, but what you posted was not biased and niether was this thread topic. If you can't go read the article and give a real answer, why even display your fanboyism here?

you've displayed enough fanboyism for the both of us kid, talk about the pot calling the kettle black, jeez. you cant take the heat of SW, its only for the toughest bunch and you just arent cut out for it son...

You can use names like "kid" and "son" all you want. Internet tough guys are funny. My statements are logical and all you can say is "LEMMING". You shouldn't be taken seriously. Yeah it's system wars and I'm using real logic and a real news story. Instead of going to read and post an intelligent response, all you do is get offended and whine like an infant. More than likely, I'm older than you and by our words, I've displayed much more logic and intelligence than you. Why don't you go find someone in your league to bicker with. Unless you address the actual topic, you should go color or something.
Me_Ur_Daddy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Me_Ur_Daddy_
[QUOTE="Me_Ur_Daddy_"][QUOTE="Trashface"][QUOTE="Me_Ur_Daddy_"][QUOTE="Trashface"][QUOTE="Timstuff"][QUOTE="BobElSnob"]I wonder what kinds of games they have in SA? I mean, this is the country that banned pokemon for "Promoting zionism, gambling, and cockfighting" so I can't help but feel they filter out or censor most other good games for ridiculous reasons.Trashface

[QUOTE="DementedDragon"]

You can use names like "kid" and "son" all you want. Internet tough guys are funny. My statements are logical and all you can say is "LEMMING". You shouldn't be taken seriously. Yeah it's system wars and I'm using real logic and a real news story. Instead of going to read and post an intelligent response, all you do is get offended and whine like an infant. More than likely, I'm older than you and by our words, I've displayed much more logic and intelligence than you. Why don't you go find someone in your league to bicker with. Unless you address the actual topic, you should go color or something.

yeah i just posted massive damage and killed ur thread and look who's the one whining about now it huh ? maybe you should look up the defininion of whining. you keep calling me a fanboy, a whiner, then you deny the fact that you are a lemming for some odd reason, then i post massive ownage on you and murder ur thread with ease. get over urself and ur "elitist"(no pun inteded) mentality:lol: to see you call me a fanboy and deny you are one is just sad when i see posts like this from you and i didnt even have to search hard... "One more reason that the 360 dominates and another reason not to buy a PS3. GTA4, Virtua fFighterAssasin's Creed, Devil may Cry, and there's already a Final fantasy game on the 360. There's also that lingering rumor about Metal gear. All of these are big titles. I would be worried if I had bought a PS3 which I had briefly thought about. Maybe that's why they go crazy." -final fantasy game on 360 what FF11 rehashed 3x ? lingering rumor about metal gear only from fanboys like you who can only dream. another reason not to buy a ps3 you were never gonna buy or either cant afford anyways ? "very wrong. if anything, it damages Sony. it gives Sony one less unique thing to offer. Also, the Elite gives you the option for these extra features. Sony forces you to buy extras." -forces you to buy extras ? last time i checked there was a $500 version without a lot of the extras but still a HD drive and its only $20 more than elite. "So far, the entire unit has been a big bomb " -you on the ps3, hmm thats a fanboy statement if i ever saw one, especially since its breaking records in the UK and doing better in japan thatn 360 and doing decent in america, i wouldnt call that a bomb. with statements like that it shows how immature you are either mentally or literally and thats why i called you kid. anyways im not gonna keep this thread alive any longer for ur sake.
Trashface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Trashface
[QUOTE="Trashface"][QUOTE="Me_Ur_Daddy_"][QUOTE="Trashface"][QUOTE="Me_Ur_Daddy_"][QUOTE="Trashface"][QUOTE="Timstuff"][QUOTE="BobElSnob"]I wonder what kinds of games they have in SA? I mean, this is the country that banned pokemon for "Promoting zionism, gambling, and cockfighting" so I can't help but feel they filter out or censor most other good games for ridiculous reasons.Me_Ur_Daddy_

[QUOTE="DementedDragon"]

yeah i just posted massive damage and killed ur thread and look who's the one whining about now it huh ? maybe you should look up the defininion of whining. you keep calling me a fanboy, a whiner, then you deny the fact that you are a lemming for some odd reason, then i post massive ownage on you and murder ur thread with ease. get over urself and ur "elitist"(no pun inteded) mentality:lol: to see you call me a fanboy and deny you are one is just sad when i see posts like this from you and i didnt even have to search hard... "One more reason that the 360 dominates and another reason not to buy a PS3. GTA4, Virtua fFighterAssasin's Creed, Devil may Cry, and there's already a Final fantasy game on the 360. There's also that lingering rumor about Metal gear. All of these are big titles. I would be worried if I had bought a PS3 which I had briefly thought about. Maybe that's why they go crazy." -final fantasy game on 360 what FF11 rehashed 3x ? lingering rumor about metal gear only from fanboys like you who can only dream. another reason not to buy a ps3 you were never gonna buy or either cant afford anyways ? "very wrong. if anything, it damages Sony. it gives Sony one less unique thing to offer. Also, the Elite gives you the option for these extra features. Sony forces you to buy extras." -forces you to buy extras ? last time i checked there was a $500 version without a lot of the extras but still a HD drive and its only $20 more than elite. "So far, the entire unit has been a big bomb " -you on the ps3, hmm thats a fanboy statement if i ever saw one, especially since its breaking records in the UK and doing better in japan thatn 360 and doing decent in america, i wouldnt call that a bomb. with statements like that it shows how immature you are either mentally or literally and thats why i called you kid. anyways im not gonna keep this thread alive any longer for ur sake.

You're quoting my posts, yet you have no point to make against any of them. If anything, you're "murdering" yourself. Also, I admitted to being a bit biased. Are you going to make a counter point or continue to advertise my logic? By the way, I'm not an elitist. I judge character by people's own words and actions. I just think names like lemmings or cows are silly.