Is sexual voilence too much?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

Poll Is sexual voilence too much? (21 votes)

Yes 19%
No 81%

My friends, before we commence, it's probably worth asking, politely... that the young Metal Gear Solid people who tend to just have a positive response for the sake of a positive response, think objectively and maturely, rather than blind voting because they enjoy watching these anime movies.

Is this just too much? The poor lady (who is not allowed to speak by design) already caused a fuss when she was dressed like some sort of S&M prostitute with leather gloves, torn prostitute like tights and little panties.

Now, apparently, she gets tied up with a bag over her head and stabbed in the tits with cattle prods.

Is this just reaching a point of sexual sadism? Id Carolyn Petit reviews this video game titles and (rightly) calls it out, do the inevitable rabble really deserve to attack her?

• 
R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

Its Konami...

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

*slow clap*

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

that's not sexual violence...

That's just nondiscriminatory torture for what's probably an interrogation. And since this game is trying to go for the side of war we all know is real yet try to forget about, it's not really surprising that there is a scene like this.

Remember how badly Naked Snake/Big Boss got it in MGS3?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

@handssss said:

And since this game is trying to go for the side of war we all know is real yet try to forget about, it's not really surprising that there is a scene like this.

My friend, ladys dressed as an S&M hooker, with a guy in a gimp mask with cattleprods, aiming specifically at her tits is generally not the side of war we see, because it's not a side of war. What you are saying here, is what we call "pretentious wank".

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By R3FURBISHED

@uninspiredcup said:

@handssss said:

And since this game is trying to go for the side of war we all know is real yet try to forget about, it's not really surprising that there is a scene like this.

My friend, ladys dressed as an S&M hooker, with a guy in a gimp mask with cattleprods, aiming specifically at her tits is generally not the side of war we see, because it's not a side of war. What you are saying here, is what we call "pretentious wank".

What you said is really not all that obscene compared to other media

l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By l34052
Member since 2005 • 3906 Posts

Dont see a problem myself, its only a game after all not real life. Its no worse than the torture scene in GTA V and i thoroughly enjoyed that too.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By uninspiredcup

My friend, I respect your opinion and no doubt given how Kojima constantly attempts to copy-paste Mr Tarantino, it would be of no surprise if this scene is a straight ripoff. The scene you are most likely referring too does not feature (outside of that scene) the gaint bald African American man or Bruce Willis running around in a bikini and a thong with no reason what-so ever. These are characters, she is an object.

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

Just because it's violence against a scantily clad woman doesn't make it sexual.

All other forms of media have already exhibited sexual violence in kind. I don't see any reason why games should be excluded from this. Obviously depicted sexual violence, not interactive...

The fact is, as abhorrent as it is, sexual violence is a part of our society. If games can challenge political and religious ideologies, racism, sexism, violence, the horrors of war, insanity, depression, amnesia, death etc., then why not? Sexual violence isn't exclusively a male on female savagery.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By uninspiredcup

@dommeus said:

The fact is, as abhorrent as it is, sexual violence is a part of our society. If games can challenge political and religious ideologies

By sticking her in a bikini and stabbing her in the tits with cattle prods?

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By R3FURBISHED

@uninspiredcup said:

My friend, I respect your opinion and no doubt given how Kojima constantly attempts to copy-paste Mr Tarantino, it would be of no surprise if this scene is a straight ripoff. The scene you are most likely referring too does not feature (outside of that scene) the gaint bald African American man or Bruce Willis running around in a bikini and a thong with no reason what-so ever.

I'm not your friend, guy.

The rape scene is with Ving Rhames, Bruce Willis and Peter Greene is more severe than a bit of electroshock - I don't see this as any worse than anything from The Punisher game or the torture scene in GTA V.
Plus the Japanese are perverts, how is this anything more than standard fare in some of their adult media?

Muffin2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11 Muffin2020
Member since 2013 • 534 Posts

Depends on the context and how it's handled.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By uninspiredcup

@R3FURBISHED said:

Plus the Japanese are perverts,

My friend, this is racism.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

How is this gif sexual in anyway? Also KOJIMA.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

Personally I cant enjoy sex unless im punching my partner in the face at the same time.....sexual violence for the win!!!..............*note: I reserve the right to pretend I did not say any of the above at any time* *cough**cough*!

I suppose it really matters how it is presented and what context it is in and what is offensive or to much for one person is ok for another

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By R3FURBISHED

@uninspiredcup said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

If only I had something like used panty vending machines in Japan to back up my claim, or hardcore manga and hentai that more often than not involves something other than human on human....among other more graphic types

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

Well you gotta have to deal with it cuz its a known fact. This is what happens when most of the population are single.

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@dommeus said:

The fact is, as abhorrent as it is, sexual violence is a part of our society. If games can challenge political and religious ideologies

By sticking her in a bikini and stabbing her in the tits with cattle prods?

1) Her creepy over-sexualisation doesn't make it sexual violence.

2) People are often 'prodded' in their chests. It isn't like they've hooked up her vagina to a car battery.

This is from wikipedia:

'Sexual violence is any sexual act or attempt to obtain a sexual act by violence or coercion, unwanted sexual comments or advances, acts to traffic a person or acts directed against a person's sexuality, regardless of the relationship to the victim, in any setting.'

If a man was sat in that chair, you wouldn't have said anything, which basically proves it isn't sexual violence.

xWoW_Rougex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 xWoW_Rougex
Member since 2009 • 2793 Posts

Never understood why people think sex makes things worse. How is "sexual sadism" worse than normal sadism and why is torture more acceptable than rape? They're equal but since one of them generally involves a woman, it's off limits in this society.

edidili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By edidili
Member since 2004 • 3449 Posts

Sexual violence? Looks like torture to me, why do you label it sexual? Was that torture part in GTA V sexual violence too? I guess it was not because it was a man getting tortured.

Pariah-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Pariah-
Member since 2009 • 787 Posts

It's already well known that you dislike Metal Gear. There's no need to further confirm it by making empty back-handed commentary.

"Sexual violence" is a deconstructionist overreach if I ever heard one. You're taking connotative liberties with your description in an effort to conflate eroticism with what is clearly a torturous interrogation. Maybe if we were talking about whips and nipple-clamps, you'd have a leg to stand on.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#21 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

It's not sexual violence.

stizzal13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 stizzal13
Member since 2013 • 609 Posts

Yeah, that is not sexual violence. /thread

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By uninspiredcup
@Pariah- said:

"Sexual violence" is a deconstructionist overreach if I ever heard one.

You should play Metal Gear Solid.

@Pariah- said:
. Maybe if we were talking about whips and nipple-clamps, you'd have a leg to stand on.

Indeed. Stabbing a bikini clad girl in the tits with electrified cattle prods is a totally different thing.

My friend, being an apologist will not change reality. Video gaming is a well known seedy business feeding of the most vile human impulses. Games such as Shogun 2 handle sex with greater maturely and relevance than this, nonsense.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

when ISN'T sexual violence too much? smh, either way...i'd barely call that sexual violence unless your mind made it sexual. its violent, yea. but just because its a woman being tortured shouldnt make it sexual. i shot electric charges through a man's nipples in GTA 5 and i didnt consider it sexual, it was just fucked up. so there's no reason for this example to be sexual either imo.

j_assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By j_assassin
Member since 2012 • 1011 Posts

oh boy! after seeing this I just suddenly feel like torturing someone just like that gif

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 uninspiredcup

My friends, we must find out who is reviewing this.

GamingGod999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By GamingGod999
Member since 2011 • 3135 Posts

Doesn't bother me.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts