Is Resident evil now annual/yearly iteration?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24894 Posts

Hello friends,

Something I have been noticing lately nowadays. i dont think anyone else notice it.

• 2015 - RE revelation 2
  • 2017 - RE7
  • 2019 - RE2 remake
  • 2020 - RE3 remake
  • 2021 - RE8 Village
  • 2022 - RE4 remake (?)

This is what Im noticing it. with only 1 year being off ie AC style.

Being the main game in series or not is just an excuse. I see this as no different than Assassins creed when it comes to yearly/annual iteration.

so my friends, is this now yearly annual franchise? lets discuss.

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Gym_Lion
Member since 2020 • 2592 Posts

Remarkable deductive work there Holmes.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2249 Posts

Seriously? And in 4(?) years when they have remade all their games, what do you think will happen then? There are 4 years between 7 and 8 you muppet…

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@djoffer123 said:

Seriously? And in 4(?) years when they have remade all their games, what do you think will happen then? There are 4 years between 7 and 8 you muppet…

between 7 and 8 we witness RE2 remake and RE3 remake. with only 1 year being off.

its annual series of capcom. if its not than what it is?

2019, 2020, 2021 3 consecutive years 3 RE games.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5555 Posts

Keep em coming. RE8 is an absolute blast and isnt just a rehash of the previous iteration.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

If they're good, why is it a problem? Its not like each entry lasts you months. My issue is that RE8 was complete garbage. After RE2R, a game that made many steps forward, with RE8 they wen't backwards AGAIN. Excited for the next RE, but i am not gonna jump on it on day one like i did (and regret buying) for RE8. And lets not even mention how bad RE3R was cuz holy fu***** shit.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I'm pretty well over the series. I would potentially buy a Code Veronica Remake but rumor would seem that they skipped it.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#8 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10583 Posts

Franchise makes money, publisher wants more of it. Welcome to capitalism.

*Shrugs* At least they iterate and evolve things a bit, and don't just make basically the exact same game over and over every year like a certain other franchise I could coughcoughCallofDutycough - sorry I mean, mention.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ghosts4ever

@madrocketeer said:

Franchise makes money, publisher wants more of it. Welcome to capitalism.

*Shrugs* At least they iterate and evolve things a bit, and don't just make basically the exact same game over and over every year like a certain other franchise I could coughcoughCallofDutycough - sorry I mean, mention.

actually not. RE3 remake was bad. copy asset from RE2 remake but being more action. RE8 is RE7 but more action. still good but still.

they are always hit and miss. some good. but lot of bads.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#10 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69353 Posts

I have not realized this pattern but you are right.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58830 Posts

The gameplay in Resident Evil is generally much better without the derivative, interchangeable nature of Ubisoft dribble.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16534 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

If they're good, why is it a problem? Its not like each entry lasts you months. My issue is that RE8 was complete garbage. After RE2R, a game that made many steps forward, with RE8 they wen't backwards AGAIN. Excited for the next RE, but i am not gonna jump on it on day one like i did (and regret buying) for RE8. And lets not even mention how bad RE3R was cuz holy fu***** shit.

you got it right that it doesn't matter if they release games with such frequency if they're that good, also right about RE2R being great. Haven't played re8 or re3R yet but most people say they're good if not GREAT games. Not sure what your problem with re8 is, it got a 9 here on GS, and 84% on metacritic. I haven't played all of the RE games but the worst one in my opinion was RE5, and even that one I beat through twice.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#13  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10583 Posts
@ghosts4ever said:

actually not. RE3 remake was bad. copy asset from RE2 remake but being more action. RE8 is RE7 but more action. still good but still.

they are always hit and miss. some good. but lot of bads.

That's my point. Good, bad or meh, they at least try to evolve things a bit. Taking no risks is boring.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hardwenzen

@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@hardwenzen said:

you got it right that it doesn't matter if they release games with such frequency if they're that good, also right about RE2R being great. Haven't played re8 or re3R yet but most people say they're good if not GREAT games. Not sure what your problem with re8 is, it got a 9 here on GS, and 84% on metacritic. I haven't played all of the RE games but the worst one in my opinion was RE5, and even that one I beat through twice.

Everything was bad in RE3R. Like everything. It didn't do a single thing right, so this one is not even worth talking about (reminded me of an ubisoft game🤭). RE8 turns into CoD... actually its more ridiculous than CoD lol. Outside of its piss poor gunplay, enemies design and variety, i liked it at the beginning A LOT, but it changes, and become a shit game. By the end i was wondering wtf i am even playing.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

@hardwenzen: how was RE8 a step back in anyway? They're different games. If you only want RE2R, just play that again. Hardcore Resident Evil fans can enjoy the new with the old.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By hardwenzen

@Sagemode87 said:

@hardwenzen: how was RE8 a step back in anyway? They're different games. If you only want RE2R, just play that again. Hardcore Resident Evil fans can enjoy the new with the old.

Shitty level design after the castle. Very poor/non existent enemies reaction to bullets (felt like firing at a rock that doesn't move or anything). No awesome dismemberment seen in RE2R. Set pieces straight from Call of Duty. Barebones exploration and puzzles. The game did not feel tense nor scary... pretty dumb for a RE game if you ask me. Searching for keys and key items felt very 2021 to me... they gave you everything on a platter. And that enemies variety was such a meme.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2925 Posts

Capcom is milking their Resident Evil franchise in the same style as previously with their copious versions of Street Fighter, Megaman, etc. I don't mind all those Resi games at all. In fact, the more zombies I can shoot in the head, the better. How I wish that there was a new Dead Rising game every year.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#19 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7196 Posts

2023 Code Veronica please.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16534 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@hardwenzen said:

Everything was bad in RE3R. Like everything. It didn't do a single thing right, so this one is not even worth talking about (reminded me of an ubisoft game🤭). RE8 turns into CoD... actually its more ridiculous than CoD lol. Outside of its piss poor gunplay, enemies design and variety, i liked it at the beginning A LOT, but it changes, and become a shit game. By the end i was wondering wtf i am even playing.

ive heard people say RE3R is decent, but to play it before you play RE2R, otherwise won't like it as much. Im still going to get RE8 eventually...would have got it already if not for my current backlog. Hoping you're wrong about everything, im looking forward to playing it.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 hardwenzen

@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@hardwenzen said:

ive heard people say RE3R is decent, but to play it before you play RE2R, otherwise won't like it as much. Im still going to get RE8 eventually...would have got it already if not for my current backlog. Hoping you're wrong about everything, im looking forward to playing it.

lol godspeed

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@hardwenzen said:

I personally liked RE3R, but I will admit that the RE2R is demonstrably superior.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@Pedro said:

I have not realized this pattern but you are right.

actually no one ever thought about it. it just a thing came to my mind outside of 2 free years. its been yearly iteration.

gmak2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 gmak2442
Member since 2015 • 1089 Posts

Good horror. Better than the parasite and insect.

Avatar image for Amin_and_Azizah
Amin_and_Azizah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 Amin_and_Azizah
Member since 2011 • 143 Posts

I want to go officially on record in saying that I hate the Resident Evil franchise. I am completely and totally burned out of this whole entire series and I wish that it will end once and for all but I know it never will end because people will keep buying it over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3217 Posts

I kind of agree. After the Resident Evil 4 remake is released, Capcom should have the series take a break after that.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ghosts4ever

@AcidTango said:

I kind of agree. After the Resident Evil 4 remake is released, Capcom should have the series take a break after that.

then there will be resident evil 9 and RE5 remake.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#28  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I know RE9 has already been in development for 2 years already and is expected to release around 2023-2024. This may be the last time we see some of the OG characters since they are getting old.

We'll probably get another remake in between that. I actually really enjoyed RE8 and that's coming from a veteran RE fan. They could have had better puzzles though or have some of them be optional like the ball minigame.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44539 Posts

If they're going to remake anything, I'd love to give Operation Racoon City a try as I skipped that one.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3217 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@AcidTango said:

then there will be resident evil 9 and RE5 remake.

To be honest I see Capcom doing a remake of Resident Evil Code: Veronica rather than a remake for RE5.