naruske101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By naruske101
Member since 2007 • 1062 Posts

Hi is Redfall the Haze of this generation. A hyped game made by a highly regarded studio but was ultimately a big flop. It could have been a prime game but ultimately fell fell short. What do you think? If not what is the Haze of this generation?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39691 Posts

Worse. Haze is more Starfield of this generation.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20185 Posts

Nah Haze was hyped to be a Halo killer. Redfall had a bit of hype but nowhere near that level.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56361 Posts
@Zero_epyon said:

Nah Haze was hyped to be a Halo killer. Redfall had a bit of hype but nowhere near that level.

Are we sure that wasn't Killzone as the Halo killer? I do remember people claiming that it was the Crysis killer, and that fans would post comparison pictures claiming that Haze looked better lol.

Anyway, I ain't gonna lie, I find Haze to be my guilty pleasure game mainly I like the way you use steroids while fighting and that's about it. It was supposed to be Ubisoft's AAA best exclusive with Sony but Haze itself got screwed by mismanagement over the course of the development and Free Radical took the blame more than Ubisoft themselves. Between Haze & Redfall, I would rather settle for Haze as it has cool stuff and a legit story. I still go back and play it from time to time with it, I think it's definitely a hidden gem and deserves a second chance IMO with the right developer.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44658 Posts

@davillain: "Are we sure that wasn't Killzone as the Halo killer?

They both were supposed to be "Halo killers", both failed at it to.

NNoyingHusband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NNoyingHusband
Member since 2020 • 1048 Posts

I’d say no simply because the biggest thing about Haze is that it was hyped as the Halo killer. Redfall wasn’t hyped as killing anything. It was hyped because it’s by Arkane which Xbox recently acquired and Xbox was having a drought. This was gonna be a moment where lems could shove a new exclusive from a quality dev in cows faces.

So while yes, it’s a shooter, it was hyped, it flopped, I think it’s missing key criteria to be dubbed the Haze of this generation. I’d also like to say, I beat Redfall after the 60fps update, I enjoyed it. It was unplayable before, horrific, and MS should have been ashamed of themselves. Not saying it’s GOTY, but I had a lot of fun now that you could actually see what was going on in the game.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45415 Posts

Notice how the Lems don’t talk about Redfall being an Xbox first party game but do so for Starfield 🤭

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58485 Posts

Haze was actually a bad game, though.

Redfall is kind of fun, it just did not meet expectations. Seriously, go ask anyone that has played it, if Redfall is legitimately bad, they won't say it is. Only people saying it's bad are people that have not played it.

So, no, it is not "the Haze of this generation" and it is a poor comparison.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16591 Posts

@naruske101: I actually liked redfall. So meh

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7284 Posts

Remember the hype around haze the halo killer redfall isn't as bad after all the patches.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Randy_Lahey
Member since 2022 • 1803 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Notice how the Lems don’t talk about Redfall being an Xbox first party game but do so for Starfield 🤭

“Bu bu but MS uses a hands off approach” aka, any excuse for their shitty output.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2258 Posts

@mrbojangles25: Redfall was terrible, poor graphic, toooons of bugs and no story and general shitty gameplay…

That being said, haze was hyped as the greatest thing since halo, people were never hyping Redfall to be anything in that regard and if it hadn’t been made by arkane no one would have paid much attention to it!

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7284 Posts

Watched an interesting video on YouTube about someone playing it for the first time remember the exact feeling playing .

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#14 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14420 Posts

I would say no.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#15 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 70253 Posts

Starfield made its way into this thread by Sony fannies.😂

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61526 Posts

Haze was one of the "Halo killers" IIRC. Shit, I remember The Conduit on Wii getting stupid hype.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 227

#17  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17897 Posts

Redfall was never hyped. It was a game that not many people knew what to make of it, not even the developers themselves. If it was never a MS exclusive, nobody would talk much about it at all. It would be more like "WTF was Arkane thinking?" and that would be the end of it.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hardwenzen

@BassMan: Get your ass in the spiderman 2 thread. We're talking about a subject that you enjoy greatly.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8905 Posts

@naruske101: That's a good analogy.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#20 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26114 Posts

Haze had hype.

Never heard of Redfall before release.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#21  Edited By Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 70253 Posts

@Willy105 said:

Haze had hype.

Never heard of Redfall before release.

Some folks believed it was hyped to the sky.😂

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17457 Posts

Ah, the good old days of system wars.

Haze had FAR more hype around it and not just from cows. A lot of gaming sites had previews and hyped it as well.

I remember seeing the developer diary when it was still multiplatform and it looked bad.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15989 Posts

Redfall was hyped with the whole immersive sim in vein of Thief and Dishonored. its not for everyone but people who loved Thief was absolutely coping with trying to find the nonexistant immersive sim elements. It was funny to me watching youtube videos and tweets of lems trying to justify the game.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44485 Posts

Like others have said Haze had far more hype behind it. It was supposed to be the “Halo Killer” after all.

Qui-Gon-Milk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Qui-Gon-Milk
Member since 2022 • 182 Posts

Damn Haze…lmfao. That shit was suppose to be the “HaLo KiLLeR” 😂 same with Killzone like others have said. I enjoyed Killzone though, especially 2 but never played the one for PS4

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 hardwenzen

Who knew that no games would kill Halo, but its developer. Reminds me of WoW, and both are owned by Microsoft. Very interesting, very very interesting.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By dabear
@davillain said:
@Zero_epyon said:

Are we sure that wasn't Killzone as the Halo killer? I do remember people claiming that it was the Crysis killer, and that fans would post comparison pictures claiming that Haze looked better lol.

Anyway, I ain't gonna lie, I find Haze to be my guilty pleasure game mainly I like the way you use steroids while fighting and that's about it. It was supposed to be Ubisoft's AAA best exclusive with Sony but Haze itself got screwed by mismanagement over the course of the development and Free Radical took the blame more than Ubisoft themselves. Between Haze & Redfall, I would rather settle for Haze as it has cool stuff and a legit story. I still go back and play it from time to time with it, I think it's definitely a hidden gem and deserves a second chance IMO with the right developer.

Haze did have big hype. But, to be honest, so did Redfall.

Haze was hyped as some "killer", but I don't remember if it was Halo, Crysis, or maybe Gears. I remember some big band did a song for it, but I don't remember who.

EDIT: Some sites did call it a Halo Killer.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11256 Posts

@randy_lahey said:

“Bu bu but MS uses a hands off approach” aka, any excuse for their shitty output.

Pardon my puns, but Matt Booty is gonna be up in their asses now after dropping that turd.

I blame that game alone for killing any autonomy the MS studios had until this point. Arkane should be persona non grata with the rest of Xbox's dev teams

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44247 Posts

We had one person here hyping RF whilst you had the entire bovine brigade hyping Haze as da Halo killer.

Nuttin but the fax mam. lol :P

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Randy_Lahey
Member since 2022 • 1803 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin: Matt Booty has no idea how to manage a project and release a quality title. The whole Xbox exec team is inept at making high quality video games

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

It's part of the 5 steps of grief. We hope they can get there someday and by golly, we here at SW's will be there for them.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Zero_epyon

@dabear said:
@davillain said:
@Zero_epyon said:

Haze was hyped as some "killer", but I don't remember if it was Halo, Crysis, or maybe Gears. I remember some big band did a song for it, but I don't remember who.

Every FPS Sony made in the PS3 era was supposed to be a Halo killer. Games like Haze, Resistance, MAG. It was nuts. Halo was THAT game.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By dabear
@Zero_epyon said:
@dabear said:
@davillain said:
@Zero_epyon said:

Every FPS Sony made in the PS3 era was supposed to be a Halo killer. Games like Haze, Resistance, MAG. It was nuts. Halo was THAT game.

True. MAG was pretty ambitious, too. I wonder if that game would do well today? 250 players playing the same game at once.

It's also interesting to me how cows say that MS ruins studios, but look what Sony did to Zipper. A decent PC game developer, who switched to PlayStation for SOCOM; 6 years after Sony buys them, they close.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 hardwenzen

Damn i would love it if they released MAG2. No mtx, just multiplayer on a large scale.

Like ffs when will i get a good first person multiplayer game that is not centered around mtx and pos season passes? Is this even possible these days? God dammit.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56361 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:

LOL I didn't catch that after I heard Killzone was a Halo killer, Nintendo only had one and that was Metroid Prime.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Zero_epyon

@dabear said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@dabear said:
@davillain said:
@Zero_epyon said:

True. MAG was pretty ambitious, too. I wonder if that game would do well today? 250 players playing the same game at once.

It's also interesting to me how cows say that MS ruins studios, but look what Sony did to Zipper. A decent PC game developer, who switched to PlayStation for SOCOM; 6 years after Sony buys them, they close.

It'd probably do well since current gen machines would be able to handle it better. Also look at Battlebit: Remastered. That game took off on PC.