SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45094 Posts

I see lots of deals for it this coming Black Friday. Do you think it’s a worthy investment, SW? Are there any good games for it?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#2  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69428 Posts

If you wanted to jump into VR and you already have a PS4, I don't see why not.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

If you live in wasting money, sure why not.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52425 Posts

No.

I'm sure you'll see some potential in it if you absolutely lower your standards, much like the people playing Switch on the go. It's a waste.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

I think that a quality VR headset is definitely worth it since quality VR is an amazing experience, but I don't consider PSVR to be a quality VR headset. Room-scale and good tracking are so critical to the VR experience and PSVR is just not capable of providing that.

So, I would say no to PSVR. If you want to get into VR, do it the right way and get a Vive otherwise you will just have something that comes across as a gimmick and doesn't deliver the incredible experiences that a quality VR headset like the Vive can deliver.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#6 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Sold mine recently. It's interesting to experience but the image quality sucks.

freedom01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 109

#7  Edited By freedom01  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 3676 Posts

For me, it was.

I really enjoyed Farpoint and Resident Evil 7, as well as some other VR games. Right now, I'm really excited to try Skyrim VR, saw many improvements from when they first showed the gameplay for it with VR.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

I haven an oculus rift and 7 by 7 foot playspace, I really cannot adivse to someone to buy the psvr. If you have a pc get the rift, the system requirements are not as big as you would think

On the other hand, if you only have a ps4 and can't/won't buy a pc then the psvr is pretty much your only option to get into vr.

and vr is worth it, even on the psvr. Not to mention they get skyrim like when? tomorrow, I'm jeaulous. Still eagerly waiting for that fallout 4 release.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

It's worth it especially this Black Friday. It's got quite a lot of good games too and it's getting Skyrim VR this Friday.

RE7 is easily the best VR game right now and it's currently exclusive to PSVR. It's so good and immersive I can't play it on a regular screen after experiencing it in VR. PSVR doesn't have the sharpness of Vive and Oculus but it more than makes up for it by having no screen door effect which is rather annoying on those two. I highly recommend PSVR to anyone interested in high-end VR and I've used all the headsets out there. Don't listen to anyone telling you it sucks compared to the other headsets because it doesn't. They all have their positives and negatives and PSVR stands well on its own next to the competition.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

Absolutely. RE7 in VR is one of the best and most disturbing gaming experiences I've ever had. Superhot VR, Farpoint, Arizona Sunshine, Eve Valkyrie, Thumper, Bound, Tethered, Dirty Rally, Keep talking and nobody explodes, Rez Infinite, Statik and many more are all worth playing.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

If you want a cheap entry to VR and already have a PS4, you might. It does have some fun games. But if you want the best experience, nothing beats room scale VR. I haven't touched my PsVr much since I got my HTC Vive.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

if you ever plan on getting a gaming PC, no.

the console VR version is absolute shit and a massive flop, there's a reason why only a million gullible idiots bought it out of 68 million.

If you plan on sticking with the PS4... I guess it's a decent investment, but not a true VR experience.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 commander

@quadknight said:

It's worth it especially this Black Friday. It's got quite a lot of good games too and it's getting Skyrim VR this Friday.

RE7 is easily the best VR game right now and it's currently exclusive to PSVR. It's so good and immersive I can't play it on a regular screen after experiencing it in VR. PSVR doesn't have the sharpness of Vive and Oculus but it more than makes up for it by having no screen door effect which is rather annoying on those two. I highly recommend PSVR to anyone interested in high-end VR and I've used all the headsets out there. Don't listen to anyone telling you it sucks compared to the other headsets because it doesn't. They all have their positives and negatives and PSVR stands well on its own next to the competition.

it does suck for roomscale though

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

@quadknight said:

But it does suck compared to other VR headsets because it can't do room-scale VR and the tracking sucks. No other positive that it has can make up for these negatives. Without room-scale VR, you are not getting a true VR experience since you are missing the essential ingredient that makes a VR experience truly incredible.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#15 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

It kinda is yeah, if you can deal with the shitty resolution. I love mine btw but not so many games that interest me. Just bought Fiveclub VR, not that bad though do recommend.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 QuadKnight

@storm_of_swords said:
@quadknight said:

But it does suck compared to other VR headsets because it can't do room-scale VR and the tracking sucks. No other positive that it has can make up for these negatives. Without room-scale VR, you are not getting a true VR experience since you are missing the essential ingredient that makes a VR experience truly incredible.

That's your opinion though and not a fact. I don't care for room scale at all. Most of the VR experiences I enjoy are seated VR experiences.

I don't care to move around in VR. The best VR experience right now is RE7 in VR and that doesn't make any use of room-scale.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 commander

@quadknight said:
@storm_of_swords said:
@quadknight said:

That's your opinion though and not a fact. I don't care for room scale at all. Most of the VR experiences I enjoy are seated VR experiences.

I don't care to move around in VR. The best VR experience right now is RE7 in VR and that doesn't make any use of room-scale.

you use snap turning to turn around?

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By commander

@SolidGame_basic: I've bought thrill of the fight last week and I have to be honest it's actually the best game I played in vr. I couldn't hold up my hands anymore after round 2 10/10

It actually measures how hard you punch, not on psvr though

Loading Video...
QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By QuadKnight

@commander said:
@quadknight said:
@storm_of_swords said:
@quadknight said:

No, I use full motion turning with analog sticks. I'm immune to dizziness in VR.

When I say I don't move around I mean I don't stand up and physically move around when I have my headset on.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 commander

@quadknight said:
@commander said:
@quadknight said:
@storm_of_swords said:

No, I use full motion turning with analog sticks. I'm immune to dizziness in VR.

When I say I don't move around I mean I don't stand up and physically move around when I have my headset on.

not everyone is immune though, most of us are not myself included. But I could still do seated with teleport and snap turning.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By QuadKnight

@commander said:
@quadknight said:
@commander said:
@quadknight said:
@storm_of_swords said:

not everyone is immune though, most of us are not myself included. But I could still do seated with teleport and snap turning.

I can see why room-scale would be important for someone like you.

Room-scale is a nice thing to have but it's not a requirement IMO.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 commander

@quadknight said:
@commander said:

I can see why room-scale would be important for someone like you.

Room-scale is a nice thing to have but it's not a requirement IMO.

Well it's also a good workout in a lot of games, which is one of the reasons why I bought it.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52425 Posts

I still want to find a game that will make me nauseous.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#25 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Although its not as good as Vive or Rift+touch, Id say its worth it if you already have a PS4. When a game is done right, the sense of immersion you get in VR just cant be achieved in non VR games, not even close.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

@quadknight said:
@storm_of_swords said:
@quadknight said:

Yes, it's my opinion, but it is an opinion that is shared by the majority of people that have experienced room-scale VR. You are the first person that I've ever heard say that they experienced room-scale VR and did not care for it at all. Room-scale VR games are what I use to turn VR skeptics that think that VR is just a gimmick into believers that now know how awesome VR can be.

Plus, many people, including myself, are prone to dizziness if they are moving around in the virtual world but not also making those same movements with their body in the real world. Room-scale VR, besides being an awesome experience that greatly adds to the immersion, also helps prevent people from getting sick in VR.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

If you have the cash, go for it.

kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#28 kemar7856
Member since 2004 • 11783 Posts

I want to try it but I dont want to spend $500 canadian for the bundle

Dr_Vancouver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Dr_Vancouver
Member since 2017 • 1046 Posts

So worth it. Can't wait for Skyrim PSVR. People complain a lot aboot resolution, and while admittedly I PSVR on the PS4 pro, pretty games are breathtaking. And no, watching videos on YouTube do NOT do PSVR justice, that is NOT what It looks like to your eyes. I paid launch price and have not ever regretted it for a second.

Pcmasterrace69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#30 Pcmasterrace69
Member since 2017 • 373 Posts

A question if anyone can answer

I have heard psvr isnt that great but does that apply to ps4 pro too? I mean isnt it better on pro? I own a ps4 pro and im not sure if I should buy psvr :3

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

If you have to ask then the answer is no, let's face it you're looking for people to sell you on it because not even the price drop can get you to make the jump.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By commander

@pcmasterrace69 said:

A question if anyone can answer

I have heard psvr isnt that great but does that apply to ps4 pro too? I mean isnt it better on pro? I own a ps4 pro and im not sure if I should buy psvr :3

the tracking is not going to get better with it and that's the biggest difference between the psvr and the other headsets like the rift and the vive.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SolidGame_basic

The Skyrim bundle is on sale for $349.99 everywhere...so tempting.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

Maybe. It looks like Sony is going to put some effort into it in the near future - The Inpatient , Bravo Team , Blood and Truth. And Sony's Manchester Studio should be announcing something fairly soon.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Normal person answer - if you find value in VR Skyrim - yes

System Wars Peasants answer - It't not at 4K 60FPS non-checkboard , its worthless, only play games that meet this lame standard!

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36  Edited By ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

Yes, the Skyrim bundle is worth it. The bundle includes 2 move controllers, Skyrim VR with all the add-ons included, the PlayStation 4 camera and the new upgraded HDR passthrough PSVR headset. If you are considering buying a PSVR headset, get this bundle.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 QuadKnight

@SolidGame_basic said:

It's good bro, do it.

I'm currently playing it in VR and I'll say without a doubt this is one of the best gaming experiences of my life.

It doesn't get more immersive and awesome than having a completely open world game in VR. The graphics aren't the best ever but the immersion more than makes up for it. The first time you look up at the stars at night in VR will be mind-blowing.

I've been exploring dungeons, climbing mountains, and killing giant spiders lol and I'm having too much fun.

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#38  Edited By strategyfn
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

@quadknight said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

It's good bro, do it.

I'm currently playing it in VR and I'll say without a doubt this is one of the best gaming experiences of my life.

It doesn't get more immersive and awesome than having a completely open world game in VR. The graphics aren't the best ever but the immersion more than makes up for it. The first time you look up at the stars at night in VR will be mind-blowing.

I've been exploring dungeons, climbing mountains, and killing giant spiders lol and I'm having too much fun.

Sounds awesome, you sold me with that sentence. I will probably pick it up 6 months from now when it is $49.99 Can or cheaper. I'm going to get Uncharted 4 cheap on Black Friday.

@ButDuuude said:

Yes, the Skyrim bundle is worth it. The bundle includes 2 move controllers, Skyrim VR with all the add-ons included, the PlayStation 4 camera and the new upgraded HDR passthrough PSVR headset. If you are considering buying a PSVR headset, get this bundle.

+1. Yes if you can get the camera and 2 move controllers, etc for $349 then that is a good deal. I paid full price 2 months before sales kicked in and I don't regret it and not all games have looked their best so far. Rigs: Mechanized Combat League looks pretty good and normal though. Eve Valkryie and Tumble also look good/normal. I wonder if you get VR Worlds also in that bundle. The free VR demo disk is pretty good and I was amazed when I first saw the menu.

What I like best about PS4 VR is getting one opens a whole new library of games to you. It is almost like buying a new system because you get access to a 100 or so extra games. The price on games can also be good, I bought Tumble VR for $5.00.

If you have a PS4 Pro I say get the bundle. If you have a regular PS4 then I don't know if you should, I don't know if there is a difference between the Pro and regular PS4s. I personally wouldn't get VR if I had a regular PS4, unless I did some massive research and found it to change my mind.

It also depends if you are a casual gamer or you game a lot. To be honest I don't play VR that much but I usually have a good time when I do.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

@commander said:

@SolidGame_basic: I've bought thrill of the fight last week and I have to be honest it's actually the best game I played in vr. I couldn't hold up my hands anymore after round 2 10/10

It actually measures how hard you punch, not on psvr though

Loading Video...

now if only EA could make a new fight night game for vr. Sadly they just don't care even though fight night could be a great experience in vr

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#40 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

Nope.

wait til next year and get a mixed reality setup for your X1X. Same price better performance, better controllers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c746fddbe486
deactivated-5c746fddbe486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#41  Edited By deactivated-5c746fddbe486
Member since 2017 • 193 Posts

I was tempted to pick up the PSVR Skyrim bundle playing Skyrim in VR would be awesome, but it’s held back so much by PS4 the horrible graphics and resolution

Skyrim is timed exclusive anyway so I’m really hoping MS brings VR to Xbox One X and then Bethesda can improve the visuals so it more like the enhanced version, MS have some excellent looking headsets that have great looking controllers like the Oculus, the Samsung Odyssey mixed reality headset looks awesome

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22662 Posts

Lol no. The wiiu literally has more worth than psvr

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50552 Posts

I'm eyeing the GT Sport bundle. Gotta go try VR out first though.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SolidGame_basic

@TheEroica said:

Lol no. The wiiu literally has more worth than psvr

Come on dude. Go to your local Best Buy and try it out. I'm sold on VR.

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#45  Edited By strategyfn
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

@Chutebox said:

I'm eyeing the GT Sport bundle. Gotta go try VR out first though.

GT Sport VR doesn't look as good as it could. If you want to try a really good looking VR game try Rigs: Mechanized Combat League. Stay away from Drive Club VR if you get GT Sport because it looks even worse. Although you can get Drive Club really cheap so the graphics match the price.

I think the reason GT Sport VR doesn't look that great (still looks okay) is because they had to VR 17 tracks and 150 cars. I would've more apprectiated 6 tracks and 20 cars in VR with paid DLC later for VR and have it look as good as the behind the wheel camera in regular mode.

Also be sure to have headphones/earphones on when trying PS VR. It adds a lot to the experience and I think of it as a cheap trick on their part to make VR better.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

My Skyrim bundle arrives tomorrow. I've heard lots of positives from people that own the system. Lots of negatives from people that are anti-sony. I've been contemplating whether or not to get one since it was announced. Finally bit the bullet with the $349 price. Pro reviewers say it's the most comfortable of the 3 headsets and also the only one without the screen door effect(which I hate). I hope the resolution is on par with a PS3 game and I'll be happy with that. The 120 frame rate is also better than the other 2 headsets... Alana from IGN said the psvr was the only headset that didn't make her sick. Probably because of the added frame rate. If you have the money, I'd buy it. If you hate it, you can probably sell it for $300 or more easily once it jumps back to $449.(If it does). Hardly a risk imo.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

@tibua: Does the X do VR?

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22662 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: I've played with oculas, and I can see the draw to the technology... Its impressive in doses, but God man, 350 bucks? For next to no compelling games? Coming by an Xbox one or ps4 will cost you nearly half that this holiday season.

Its not that I don't believe the tech COULD be a game changer, it's that their asking price doesn't match the follow through....

Truthfully it's no different than kinect, despite the quality of VR being more immerse and responsive. It's a little expensive.

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#49 asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts

It is absolutely worth it. VR is a bigger change than the shift from last gen to this gen was.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#50 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38034 Posts

I'm not buying into VR until I'm untethered and it has many worthwhile games.