is ps vita a faliure?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by indzman (27735 posts) -

Is ps vita a faliure? Should one buy it or go for nitendo 3DS as a better handheld option?

?

#2 Posted by NoirLamia777 (3174 posts) -

It hasn't even been out for a year, people need to settle down:|

#3 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -
It's not a faliure. Nitendo is a failure.
#4 Posted by Badosh (12770 posts) -
Total failure.
#5 Posted by crusadernm (1609 posts) -

Pretty much. I don't think Sony hit half of their target goals.

#6 Posted by indzman (27735 posts) -

Total failure. Badosh

why?

#7 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -

[QUOTE="Badosh"]Total failure. indzman

why?

He probably meant your spelling.
#8 Posted by Blabadon (33030 posts) -
No, but it had the high selling PSP behind it that did poorly in its last few years yet somehow still couldn't make up for it. The games aren't that hot, the system sellers aren't always there and the ones that are mostly stink. It also should have been called the PSP2.
#9 Posted by -CC- (2048 posts) -

They should cut their losses now and pull the plug. Sony is in such bad shape they dont need vita draging it down.

#10 Posted by indzman (27735 posts) -

[QUOTE="indzman"]

[QUOTE="Badosh"]Total failure. rjdofu

why?

He probably meant your spelling.

lol

#11 Posted by RyanShazam (6498 posts) -

The Vita is prof that consoles need to be consoles and handhelds need to be handhelds. No one wants crappy versions of Call of Duty on the go.

#12 Posted by sora16perfect (729 posts) -
WAY too early to declare it a failure. Sony still has plenty of time to turn things around. Look at the Ps3, if you went back to 2007 and said that the ps3 would be selling what it's been for the past couple years, you would've been laughed at. As a matter of fact that's exactly what happened, anybody remember the "just wait" jokes, ya.
#13 Posted by Ratchet_Fan8 (5557 posts) -
its not a failure,it's a disappointment so far.
#14 Posted by Meeeper282 (1597 posts) -

get a 3ds, best handheld ever

#15 Posted by RyanShazam (6498 posts) -

get a 3ds, best handheld ever

Meeeper282
#16 Posted by XVision84 (13985 posts) -

Yeah, I feel bad for Sony, they obviously tried hard to get the Vita going. The handheld itself is fantastic, way better than the 3DS, it's just the games that's the problem.

#17 Posted by sora16perfect (729 posts) -

This console is prof that consoles need to be consoles and handhelds need to be handhelds. No one wants crappy versions of Call of Duty on the go.

RyanShazam
That's straight bull****. If that was the case both gta's as well as the system they're found on would've sold like crap.
#18 Posted by jsmoke03 (13696 posts) -

soo far yea. but lets hold off for 2 years or if sony abandons it...whichever comes first

#19 Posted by CleanPlayer (9822 posts) -
My advice would be to get the 3DS XL, amazing handheld
#20 Posted by RyanShazam (6498 posts) -

[QUOTE="RyanShazam"]

This console is prof that consoles need to be consoles and handhelds need to be handhelds. No one wants crappy versions of Call of Duty on the go.

sora16perfect

That's straight bull****. If that was the case both gta's as well as the system they're found on would've sold like crap.

The difference with those games is that they pretty much took the same game and put it on the PSP. All the Vita is getting is a bunch of crappy want to be console games.

#21 Posted by Badosh (12770 posts) -
[QUOTE="rjdofu"] He probably meant your spelling.

uh... sure.
#22 Posted by Blabadon (33030 posts) -

[QUOTE="sora16perfect"][QUOTE="RyanShazam"]

RyanShazam

The difference with those games is that they pretty much took the same game and put it on the PSP. All the Vita is getting is a bunch of crappy want to be console games.

I never played GTA3 for more than 10 minutes due to a scratched disc but must have easily put 70 or so hours into LCS. To this date it may be/ may be tied for my favorite handheld game ever.
#23 Posted by sora16perfect (729 posts) -

RyanShazam

It's been out for less than a year worldwide and you expect it to have some gta:vc/lc caliber games?
#24 Posted by kingtito (9019 posts) -

Why do cows get so butthurt when someone ask the question about a Sony product failing? Right now at this very moment the Vita IS a failure. Will it stay that way? Who really knows but yes it's a failure as of right now. Crappy games and bad sales == failure.

#25 Posted by finalfantasy94 (27395 posts) -

The Vita is prof that consoles need to be consoles and handhelds need to be handhelds. No one wants crappy versions of Call of Duty on the go.

RyanShazam

hmm guess you just ignored the other vita games like uncharted and gravity rush.

#26 Posted by RyanShazam (6498 posts) -

[QUOTE="RyanShazam"]

[QUOTE="sora16perfect"]That's straight bull****. If that was the case both gta's as well as the system they're found on would've sold like crap. sora16perfect

It's been out for less than a year worldwide and you expect it to have some gta:vc/lc caliber games?

I want it to have games that aren't vastly superior on my PS3. I want it to have games that I can only enjoy on a Vita. I didnt spend $250 on a Vita to play crappy versions of console games.

#27 Posted by RyanShazam (6498 posts) -

[QUOTE="RyanShazam"]

finalfantasy94

hmm guess you just ignored the other vita games like uncharted and gravity rush.

Uncharted is an example of what I dont want.

Gravity Rush is an example of what I do want.

#28 Posted by RyanShazam (6498 posts) -

I bet most of you people who are arguing with me dont even own a Vita.

#29 Posted by finalfantasy94 (27395 posts) -

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

[QUOTE="RyanShazam"]

RyanShazam

So are we going by what works or what you personally want. Since thats 2 different things.

#30 Posted by finalfantasy94 (27395 posts) -

RyanShazam

I do.I bought the creed bundle. Which is another good vita game.

#31 Posted by Planeforger (17345 posts) -

Well, the 3DS outsold the Vita 47:1 last week in Japan, if that's any indication of anything.

Financially speaking, the Vita seems to be doing very poorly.

I don't know if it's fair to say that it's an outright failure in every respect, but when you combine all of the surrounding circumstances - the 3DS' huge success, Sony's finafncial woes, the rising smart phone and tablet market, etc - it's pretty clear that third parties will start dropping like flies if Sony doesn't drastically turn things around over the next six months/year. At that point...failure would probably be a good word for it, sure.

#32 Posted by XVision84 (13985 posts) -

[QUOTE="RyanShazam"]

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

finalfantasy94

So are we going by what works or what you personally want. Since thats 2 different things.

He has a point, I've been saying the same thing for a long time now.

Gravity Rush is unique and fun, but even IF there are games like Uncharted that turn out good on Vita, there'll always be a superior version on the PS3.

What did Uncharted on the Vita do that PS3 hasn't already done? There are a couple additions to gameplay that surround the Vita, but those are minor and not game changing.

Fact is, Vita doesn't have an iconic franchise on it yet.

#33 Posted by RyanShazam (6498 posts) -

[QUOTE="RyanShazam"]

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

finalfantasy94

Well terrible wannabe console games is obviously not working for them, so I guess im going by what works.

#34 Posted by sora16perfect (729 posts) -

RyanShazam
Lol this guy right here. Let me see that psn bro.
#35 Posted by RyanShazam (6498 posts) -

[QUOTE="RyanShazam"]

sora16perfect

How about I take a picture? I've already proven on these boards I have one. I got in on launch day because I was expecting a decent handheld experience.

PSN: vK3yBlad3v

#36 Posted by sora16perfect (729 posts) -

RyanShazam

How about I take a picture? I've already proven on these boards I have one. I got in on launch day because I was expecting a decent handheld experience.

Let me see that psn and I got your pictures.
#37 Posted by finalfantasy94 (27395 posts) -

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

[QUOTE="RyanShazam"]

XVision84

Gravity Rush is unique and fun, but even IF there are games like Uncharted that turn out good on Vita, there'll always be a superior version on the PS3.

What did Uncharted on the Vita do that PS3 hasn't already done? There are a couple additions to gameplay that surround the Vita, but those are minor and not game changing.

I didint know golden abyss was on my ps3. Mario did the same thing your complaining about but yet I hear no negatives about that.

#38 Posted by finalfantasy94 (27395 posts) -

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

[QUOTE="RyanShazam"]

RyanShazam

Well terrible wannabe console games is obviously not working for them, so I guess im going by what works.

from a sales standpoint your proboly. Though from gaming standpoint gatta disagree.

#39 Posted by RyanShazam (6498 posts) -

[QUOTE="RyanShazam"]

[QUOTE="sora16perfect"] Lol this guy right here. Let me see that psn bro. sora16perfect

Let me see that psn and I got your pictures.

I edited my original post with my PSN. On my PSN I have Hot Shots Golf, Uncharted: GA, UMvC and I think its called Super Delta or something like that lol Its the one where you fly a ship and shoot stuff.

#40 Posted by RyanShazam (6498 posts) -

[QUOTE="RyanShazam"]

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

finalfantasy94

from a sales standpoint your proboly. Though from gaming standpoint not really.

The lack of sales are going to determine whether the Vita is a failure or not. If people dont buy it devs wont makes games for it. Its been that way forever.

#41 Posted by Killzonage (397 posts) -
So far yeah it is. Sony seems as if they don't care for it at all.
#42 Posted by Masenkoe (4897 posts) -

3ds got no game

#43 Posted by the9thinning (662 posts) -
Yes, PS Vita is a failure. Buy a 3DS instead.
#44 Posted by XVision84 (13985 posts) -

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

finalfantasy94

I didint know golden abyss was on my ps3. Mario did the same thing your complaining about but yet I hear no negatives about that.

Uncharted 2 did everything that Golden Abyss aimed to do, and Uncharted 2 is clearly the superior game. My point is, they can't just make inferior versions of existing franchises on PS3.

Mario isn't the same on Wii as it is on 3DS. Look at Super Mario Galaxy on Wii vs Mario Sticker Star on 3DS or NSMBU with Super Mario 3D Land. They're extremely different, those mario games on 3DS are unique experiences. Same with Kid Icarus on 3DS and Nintendo's iconic Pokemon franchise for their handhelds.

#45 Posted by RyanShazam (6498 posts) -

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

finalfantasy94

I mentioned in a topic a while ago that certain games can fit both scenarios. Platformers are one of them. Although Super Mario 3D Land was vastly different than other games. Playstation All Stars is a game that will work. Little Big Planet is a game that would work.

The Uncharted series strived because of its spectacular almost movie like cinematics. You cant replicate that on the Vita.

#46 Posted by RyanShazam (6498 posts) -

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

XVision84

Uncharted 2 did everything that Golden Abyss aimed to do, and Uncharted 2 is clearly the superior game. My point is, they can't just make inferior versions of existing franchises on PS3.

Mario isn't the same on Wii as it is on 3DS. Look at Super Mario Galaxy on Wii vs Mario Sticker Star on 3DS. They're extremely different, Sticker Star on 3DS is a unique experience. Same with Kid Icarus on 3DS and its iconic Pokemon franchise.

3D Land is also the same way. 3D Land wasn't a wannabe Galaxy game. It was its own, unique game.

#47 Posted by sora16perfect (729 posts) -

Enjoy

cre

#48 Posted by RyanShazam (6498 posts) -

Enjoy

wcdw

sora16perfect

The picture isnt showing up...

#50 Posted by XVision84 (13985 posts) -

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

RyanShazam

Mario isn't the same on Wii as it is on 3DS. Look at Super Mario Galaxy on Wii vs Mario Sticker Star on 3DS. They're extremely different, Sticker Star on 3DS is a unique experience. Same with Kid Icarus on 3DS and its iconic Pokemon franchise.

3D Land is also the same way. 3D Land wasn't a wannabe Galaxy game. It was its own, unique game.

Yeah, I edited that in before I read your post.

Point being, Sony COULD fund more development for Vita that could make it extremely successful, they just need to give it its own image. Making the handheld live in the consoles shadow is clearly going to end in failure. Only problem is, they're already in a bad financial situation and they've lost enough money with the Vita as is.