Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 0

#101 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 51375 Posts

@BassMan said:

@blueinheaven: The pandemic will end, shortages will end, and gaming GPUs will be inferior to mining GPUs. Things will get good again. No worries, but patience is needed.

I am still unclear how Covid is responsible. I recall these potential shortages being mentioned prior to Covid.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 158

#102 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 13875 Posts

@Pedro said:
@BassMan said:

@blueinheaven: The pandemic will end, shortages will end, and gaming GPUs will be inferior to mining GPUs. Things will get good again. No worries, but patience is needed.

I am still unclear how Covid is responsible. I recall these potential shortages being mentioned prior to Covid.

Factory stoppages and more difficult protocols to work around. Also, increased demand for the products due to people staying home. Things have been crazy during the pandemic, but they will calm down and start to return to normal.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#103 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5386 Posts

@BassMan said:

Yeah that's what everyone is hoping but you can't tell companies who have just discovered people will pay whatever price they set for their products to lower prices when/if the situation normalises. That's a tad optimistic to say the very least. Obviously I'm hoping you're right.

I agree with Pedro btw I don't think Covid has much if anything to do with all this.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 158

#104 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 13875 Posts

@blueinheaven said:
@BassMan said:

Yeah that's what everyone is hoping but you can't tell companies who have just discovered people will pay whatever price they set for their products to lower prices when/if the situation normalises. That's a tad optimistic to say the very least. Obviously I'm hoping you're right.

I agree with Pedro btw I don't think Covid has much if anything to do with all this.

Take away the market conditions that are leading to crazy prices and you can no longer charge crazy prices. We already went through a mining boom a few years back where prices were crazy. They started to normalize and then we were hit with a pandemic and another mining boom. These prices are not sustainable as most people can not afford it. This is just temporary chaos.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#105 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5386 Posts

@BassMan said:
@blueinheaven said:
@BassMan said:

Take away the market conditions that are leading to crazy prices and you can no longer charge crazy prices. We already went through a mining boom a few years back where prices were crazy. They started to normalize and then we were hit with a pandemic and another mining boom. These prices are not sustainable as most people can not afford it. This is just temporary chaos.

Crypto has pretty much crashed and most people are back to work and nothing much has changed. What I'm saying is today's 'crazy' prices will be next years norm when new cards release.

We just got a 3070 Ti which is basically a 3070 with slightly faster memory but costs 100 dollars more. And who in their right mind would buy a 3080 Ti over a 3080 it costs almost twice the price and has a laughable increase in performance.

Also lol @ Nvidia's LHR cards. I actually think the lock will work, hilarious though that this doesn't apply to their own founders cards. Maybe Nvidia are trying to screw the AIB's which wouldn't be a bad thing, greedy bastards every single one of them.

Yeah I'm a bit salty about it all at this moment in time.

NNoyingHusband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#107 NNoyingHusband
Member since 2020 • 20 Posts

Was it ever alive or relevant?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Zaryia  Online
Member since 2016 • 15389 Posts

@nnoyinghusband said:

It literally has the most revenue, developers, and gamers. What the hell are you smoking.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11397 Posts

@zaryia said:
@nnoyinghusband said:

It literally has the most revenue, developers, and gamers. What the hell are you smoking.

you have to excuse the alt for they know not what they are saying. PC gaming has and will always be relevant.

NNoyingHusband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 NNoyingHusband

@kingtito: not an alt. Been around SW since PS2 era, SW’s glory days. Gaming belongs to consoles. I stand by my comment. It’s an irrelevant form of gaming.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By kingtito

@nnoyinghusband said:

@kingtito: not an alt. Been around SW since PS2 era, SW’s glory days. Gaming belongs to consoles. I stand by my comment. It’s an irrelevant form of gaming.

You've been around since the PS2 era and SWs glory days??? You realize your account was created in 2020 and you have a whopping 16 posts. Do you understand what an alt is? It would appear not

Then you stand by ignorant comments because PC gaming has been strong for many decades and now those consoles games are starting to migrate over. Yeah sounds irrelevant to me /sarcasm

NNoyingHusband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By NNoyingHusband

@kingtito: I posted this in another thread when someone said alt account. I stopped coming to SW, I think around 2005-2006. Over the years, I’ve periodically stopped in, lurking, just seeing what’s being talked about. I finally made a new account months ago. But yes...I was around when the birth of cows, sheep, and lemmings was created and it was glorious.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 kingtito

@nnoyinghusband said:

@kingtito: I posted this in another thread when someone said alt account. I stopped coming to SW, I think around 2005-2006. Over the years, I’ve periodically stopped in, lurking, just seeing what’s being talked about. I finally made a new account months ago. But yes...I was around when the birth of cows, sheep, and lemmings was created and it was glorious.

Ok understood

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3028 Posts

I like how every few years since like the year 2000, people like to ask "is pc gaming dead?" They sound like step kids waiting for Grandpa to die so they can get his inheritance.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 clone01
Member since 2003 • 28848 Posts

I think the country of South Korea would say no.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Zaryia  Online
Member since 2016 • 15389 Posts

@nnoyinghusband said:

Gaming belongs to console, but almost every game is better played on PC and PC has the most developers, gamers, revenue.

Lol.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#117 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4205 Posts
@pimphand_gamer said:

I like how every few years since like the year 2000, people like to ask "is pc gaming dead?" They sound like step kids waiting for Grandpa to die so they can get his inheritance.

So true! 😂😂🤣

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#118 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30851 Posts

Ah, when you've been away for 4 years and nothing has changed :D

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#119 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4205 Posts

@blue_hazy_basic said:

Ah, when you've been away for 4 years and nothing has changed :D

Oh snap! My bro blue hazy popping up out of nowhere! Yes, nothing has changed. I'm barely here anymore myself 😂

Blackrose62090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -10

#120 Blackrose62090
Member since 2004 • 7806 Posts

Chip shortage and extracurricular nonsense from bitcoin has it shook up at the moment but I wouldn't at all call it dead. All the consoles are having a slower than usual stream of games as well due to covid delays, every platform is terrible at the moment. Video games are trash.