is over the shoulder a big deal in Resident Evil 2?

• 114 results
uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

Poll is over the shoulder a big deal in Resident Evil 2? (51 votes)

ye it's ok 69%
No, bro. No. 31%

for Resident Evil 2 remake suggest, instead of a remake in the style of 1, it will be a remake in the style of 4 onward. Over the shoulder.

Do you care?

-

Problems I see

- Shitty "so cinematic" QTE events

- Forced Walking bullshit

- The levels were built around a fixed camera and unless redesigned probably wouldn't translate well

But, having said that, I can always just go back and play the original. Which holds up perfectly well. Even if it ends up being a huge **** up.

• 
scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

They better fucking not... I will flat out refuse to buy it.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

I'm fine with that. RE5 did use the RE1 mansion and it was ok.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By ReCloud
Member since 2018 • 4418 Posts

I'd rather a modernized remake in the RE4 (best RE of all time) veins than just a new coat of paint.

I mean, if I want the old style gameplay, I can just go back and play it.

It would utterly flop if they didn't change the gameplay, since this kind of game just don't sell anymore and capcom knows it.

If anything, this game might be an experiment to see where they're going from here with the RE series, since 7 was a commercial flop.

General_Solo76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 General_Solo76
Member since 2013 • 578 Posts

Resident Evil 7 was not a commercial flop

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ReCloud
@general_solo76 said:

Yes, it was on capcom's eyes.

https://www.vg247.com/2017/04/27/resident-evil-7-may-not-have-hit-its-sales-target-but-it-still-shifted-3-5-million-units-capcom-fy17/

https://culturedvultures.com/capcom-blame-resident-evil-7-sales-failure/

https://screenrant.com/resident-evil-7-low-sales/

As bad as RE6 was, it outsold RE7 by a mile. Capcom wasn't expecting this and they know it.

Nobody wants RE to be overly serious, or FPS like, that's the reason why it failed. It's a good game, but not a good Resident Evil game.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7210 Posts

I like the way revelations handled I'd be happy if they used that engine.

General_Solo76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By General_Solo76

Dude, those are old articles. It sold over 5 million copies as of April. That’s in line with past entry’s in the series. It’s only been out for a year lol

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ReCloud
@general_solo76 said:

Dude, those are old articles. It sold over 5 million copies as of April. That’s in line with past entry’s in the series

Are they, now?

Resident Evil 7 Sales Lowest In Main Series Since 1999

103SHARES
  • BY TOM CHAPMAN
  • – ON APR 09, 2018
  • IN GAME NEWS

Didn't know ONE MONTH was old.

General_Solo76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 General_Solo76

I’ll grant you that article was new, but it’s barely a year old. I don’t think the sky is falling, and those are still pretty decent numbers

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ReCloud
@general_solo76 said:

I’ll grant you that article was new, but it’s barely a year old. I don’t think the sky is falling, and those are still pretty decent numbers

Not in capcom's eyes.

These studios are used to have high selling numbers.

You see, If GTA VI sells like 30 million, it'll be seen like a failure since GTAV is over 90 million copies.

Square Enix also declared Rise of the Tomb Raider to be a commercial flop.

Capcom didn't like RE7 performance.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44093 Posts

Well I necessarily wouldn’t not buy the game if they modernized it with a new perspective and controls but I’d kind of prefer it if they just kind of left it mostly intact but just spruced it up with fancy new graphics.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61466 Posts

I can't say it would be a deal breaker, but i'm of the mindset that it would be a severe detriment to the game. If they're gonna remake the old games, I want the same style that I loved years ago (more modernized movement like REmake is great).

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17419 Posts

Only if they remaster the original and include it with the remake.

Id love to play through from a different perspective, but I think it would make it a different game.

Still curious to see though.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

I played Until Dawn recently and was really pleased with the fixed camera angles. The environments were 3D, but they still chose to use this camera that no one uses anymore. It captured the environments beautifully and did a good job of adding suspense. Screw Capcom. Modern games almost all play the same. Devs are so afraid to go against what's popular that there is no creativity, and we have over the shoulder cameras in everything when they don't even always serve the particular game well.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#15 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts
@recloud said:
@general_solo76 said:

https://www.vg247.com/2017/04/27/resident-evil-7-may-not-have-hit-its-sales-target-but-it-still-shifted-3-5-million-units-capcom-fy17/

As bad as RE6 was, it outsold RE7 by a mile. Capcom wasn't expecting this and they know it.

Nobody wants RE to be overly serious, or FPS like, that's the reason why it failed. It's a good game, but not a good Resident Evil game.

Why I never bothered with 7, **** FPS garbage.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#16  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@recloud said:

It's a good game, but not a good Resident Evil game.

That quote is so wrong on so many levels... RE7 is more RE than 4, 5 or 6 ever were. Its more faithfull to the old RE games than these mentioned. The first person camera changes nothing about that

@Random_Matt said:
@recloud said:
@general_solo76 said:

Why I never bothered with 7, **** FPS garbage.

I take it you never played the game. Sigh* its hardly an FPS in the traditional sense of the term. You have to carefully manage your ammo, your healing items, you have puzzles and carefull inventory management... ya kno... like old RE games

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 robert_sparkes

6 was a disaster a shameful entry in the series. 5 was ok 4 very good but 2 still the best in the series can't wait for the remaster or remake.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ReCloud

@Vatusus: apparently it does, since fans and non fans didn't like the FPS aspects of the game but the problems go beyond the fps, the lack of the charismatic characters and over the top cheesiness made people stay away from RE7.

RE doesn't have to be overly serious.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58821 Posts
@ezekiel43 said:

I played Until Dawn recently and was really pleased with the fixed camera angles. The environments were 3D, but they still chose to use this camera that no one uses anymore. It captured the environments beautifully and did a good job of adding suspense. Screw Capcom. Modern games almost all play the same. Devs are so afraid to go against what's popular that there is no creativity, and we have over the shoulder cameras in everything when they don't even always serve the particular game well.

Fixed camera angles can be really stylized when well done in a way free-camera can't. Warped perspective for example or clever use of composition. Like the crows in RE1. In reality small, not terribly intimidating creatures, but with good placement presented as looming huge threats over the player ready to pounce at an unbeknown moment.

This just wouldn't have the same effect in an over-the-shoulder free cam.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts
@recloud said:

I'd rather a modernized remake in the RE4 (best RE of all time) veins than just a new coat of paint.

It would utterly flop if they didn't change the gameplay, since this kind of game just don't sell anymore and capcom knows it.

If anything, this game might be an experiment to see where they're going from here with the RE series, since 7 was a commercial flop.

You mean RE4, the most overated title of all time ?

Utterly flop ? Every RE game was commercial success before RE4 with RE remake stand so great in time even for today standards

Commercial flop ? Because it didnt meet sales expectations ? RE7 left a mark in horror games, one of the most impactful ones this generation by far and sold decent amount of copies.

For the record

Resident Evil 7 is now Capcom’s fifth best-selling game ever, with 5.1 million sold

In fact, RE7 is now the fourth best-selling entry in the franchise according to Capcom’s own sales figures, just behind the venerable classic Resident Evil 2. The first and second places on the list might come as more of a suprise, with RE5 and the maligned RE6 taking those two slots.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ReCloud
@AzatiS said:
@recloud said:

Utterly flop ? Every RE game was commercial success before RE4 with RE remake stand so great in time even for today standards

Commercial flop ? Because it didnt meet sales expectations ? RE7 left a mark in horror games, one of the most impactful ones this generation by far and sold decent amount of copies.

For the record

Resident Evil 7 is now Capcom’s fifth best-selling game ever, with 5.1 million sold

In fact, RE7 is now the fourth best-selling entry in the franchise according to Capcom’s own sales figures, just behind the venerable classic Resident Evil 2. The first and second places on the list might come as more of a suprise, with RE5 and the maligned RE6 taking those two slots.

RE4 was GOTG at its time and redefined the whole TPS at the time, nothing overrated about it.

RE7 is a commercial flop on CAPCOMS' EYES, read everything that was posted after.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AzatiS
@recloud said:
@AzatiS said:
@recloud said:

For the record

RE4 was GOTG at its time and redefined the whole TPS at the time, nothing overrated about it.

RE7 is a commercial flop on CAPCOMS' EYES, read everything that was posted after.

The most ridiculous statement of the month.

RE7 wasnt a commercial flop, period. 5.1 Million copies and praise left and right.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

@Random_Matt: Not even that bad. It's miles better than 5 or 6 in the scare department. It has okay replayability value too.

The first 3 quarters of the game were one of the finest resident evil moments IMO.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ReCloud
@AzatiS said:
@recloud said:
@AzatiS said:
@recloud said:

For the record

RE7 wasnt a commercial flop, period. 5.1 Million copies and praise left and right.

On capcoms's eyes it was, Capcom didn't like RE7 performance, read above and you'll find links proving it.

Stupid? So you deny Resident Evil 4 was influential?

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2017/01/20/12-years-later-and-resident-evil-4-remains-the-best-third-person-shooter-ever.aspx

https://venturebeat.com/2015/01/11/10-years-later-resident-evil-4-is-still-influences-the-industry/

https://kotaku.com/resident-evil-4-changed-action-games-forever-1786901886

https://1428elm.com/2018/04/23/god-war-4-resident-evil-series/

Resident Evil 4 is the sole reason Devil May Cry franchise exists

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil_May_Cry_(video_game)

http://www.ballstatedaily.com/article/2018/02/the-history-of-devil-may-cry

Use this google search link and you'll find a lot of similar articles, it is the simple truth that RE4 had a HUGE impact on the industry.

You may not like it and that's fine, but you can't deny how important it was and it still is.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#25 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Don't mind either options as long as its not first person view ..cause there's a possibility I get motion sickness. :P

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#26  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19490 Posts

The tank controls of the early RE games were pretty bad, but not a deal-breaker for what was otherwise a great game. I'd much prefer the RE4 over-the-shoulder style over the old tank-controls style.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By uninspiredcup
@recloud said:
@AzatiS said:
@recloud said:

For the record

He's not wrong, RE4 is a heavily flawed game that becomes more apparent on multiple play-throughs.

The original games 1-3 suffered from the problem that you could easily run past the majority of enemies, with Resident Evil 3 somewhat alleviating it with a higher enemy count and a unpredictable appearance of Nemesis who would chase you across multiple screens,.

In RE4's case, Shoot in head + Roundhouse Kick + Slash, with near enough every enemy in the game, using the weakest wep. Or kick over a ladder, or kick a door and set them in a loop. Many of the bosses are also pretty broken.

So, while it's highly influential, it's mechanically far more broken than the original titles.

-

Arguably the closest the series have come mechanically is actually Revelations which fixes alot of the problems RE4 had and has probably the best designed boss fight in the entire series, Jack Norman.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#28  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19490 Posts
@recloud said:
@general_solo76 said:

The first two articles are outdated (when sales were at 3.5 million a year ago), and the third article does not state or imply it's a commercial failure. Capcom's official press release doesn't state or imply it's a commercial failure either.

In February 2017, Capcom stated that it had recouped the game's budget when it hit 2.5 million sales, and they were expecting it to sell 4 million in a year. It has now sold 5.1 million, thus the game has earned over 100% profit margin. RE7 had a lower budget than RE6, so Capcom weren't expecting it to match RE6, which had a higher budget and required more sales to recoup its budget.

Aki2017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Aki2017
Member since 2017 • 817 Posts

It would change the game too much. How hard enemy monsters are and how you defeat them would completely change. for a remake, it's not ideal when fans have a certain expectation.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2131 Posts

I would like to see the RE1 style remake with a first person option, like in this mod:

Loading Video...
uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 uninspiredcup
@rmpumper said:

I would like to see the RE1 style remake with a first person option, like in this mod:

Loading Video...

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

Its fairly simple, remake the game like REmake and give the option for original controls or the updated controls found in the PS4/xone versions.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts
@AzatiS said:

Wasn't it the first game with the over-the-should-camera perspective? If yes then it did revolutionize third person action games.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By AzatiS
@recloud said:
@AzatiS said:
@recloud said:

On capcoms's eyes it was, Capcom didn't like RE7 performance, read above and you'll find links proving it.

Stupid? So you deny Resident Evil 4 was influential?

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2017/01/20/12-years-later-and-resident-evil-4-remains-the-best-third-person-shooter-ever.aspx

https://venturebeat.com/2015/01/11/10-years-later-resident-evil-4-is-still-influences-the-industry/

https://kotaku.com/resident-evil-4-changed-action-games-forever-1786901886

https://1428elm.com/2018/04/23/god-war-4-resident-evil-series/

Resident Evil 4 is the sole reason Devil May Cry franchise exists

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil_May_Cry_(video_game)

http://www.ballstatedaily.com/article/2018/02/the-history-of-devil-may-cry

Use this google search link and you'll find a lot of similar articles, it is the simple truth that RE4 had a HUGE impact on the industry.

You may not like it and that's fine, but you can't deny how important it was and it still is.

Shhh, i dont care if Capcom expected few sales more in less timeframe , this blant statement of RE7 being a commercial flop is wrong when Capcom themselves calling RE7 as one of the top 5 games regarding sales. The links you provide are not proving right the "commercial flop" statement you said in your first post.

Also i dont care about the links you providing about RE4 change games for the better. RE4 was one of the worst examples of a 3rd person action shooter someone could ever play and a game overall. I can find 100 links also proving my point about fundamental gameplay flaws for 3rd person action shooter like not able to move while aiming/shooting along myriad of others like epic AI bugs, ridiculous voice acting, backtracking, puzzles for dummies, epicly trash story and more about RE4.

RE4 influenced shit, in fact RE4 exposed so hard with RE5 and RE6 that Capcom changed that formula all together.

You trying to prove me that RE4 is still the best third person action shooter by a link that saying 12 years after still is the best ... when everyone i know that played first time RE4 the last few years can BARELY play it thru the end and majority of them calling it boring, bad or overated. But its still the best ever....

As for Devil may cry, what are you trying to prove. Devil may cry supposed to be a Resident Evil game that couldnt fit to be one . What RE4 has to do with it and how RE4 influenced DMC ?

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By AzatiS
@Juub1990 said:
@AzatiS said:

Wasn't it the first game with the over-the-should-camera perspective? If yes then it did revolutionize third person action games.

Ehmm.... did you read what he said or what ? For you a new camera angle redifined the whole TPS ? Do you even understand what revolutionize means when you talking about a game ? You cant talk about camera angle alone and let the myriad of flaws as TPS out and call it revolution. Wtf...

I mean RE4 was atrocious, not good, ATROCIOUS, in so many different elements that i know plenty of people myself that bought the game the last few years and still havent finished it yet because they cant stand playing it. If this is your revolution and what redefined TPS or the game that after 12 years is still the best TPS ... good for you.

Personaly the RE trio of 4-5-6, is what companies should avoid at all costs and thank god after RE4 weve seen many copy this over the shoulder camera angle but not all the other atrocious gameplay elements.

That way of pace, AI, shooting elements, action elements, storytelling, voice acting, backtracking and many more and im so glad Capcom finally understood that and released RE7 instead of another RE4 like trash.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts
@AzatiS said:

Ehmm.... did you read what he said or what ? For you a new camera angle redifined the whole TPS ? Do you even understand what revolutionize means when you talking about a game ? You cant talk about camera angle alone and let the myriad of flaws as TPS out and call it revolution. Wtf...

Yes I understand what revolutionize means, it seems you're the one who doesn't and goes on an hyperbolic tangent about how YOU personally perceive the game which I frankly don't care about.

Was the other poster exaggerating when he called it the best game ever? Perhaps but if that's his perspective, who can tell him he's wrong?

As for the camera over the shoulder, considering it influenced a whole genre and that it's still being used to this day, I'd say yes, it has revolutionized its genre and its other flaws have absolutely nothing to do with that and you're just committing a strawman here. Yes we can talk about the revolutionary camera without talking about anything else because that's the aspect I argued it revolutionized. Even the most innovative games seldom influence more than one or two aspects so talking about it being "atrocious" on so many levels without even making an argument in the first place doesn't give you any points.

You obviously have a personal vendetta with this game. Hate it and call it overrated all you want. Don't deny what it changed in the gaming industry.

Avatar image for deactivated-6079d224de716
deactivated-6079d224de716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-6079d224de716
Member since 2009 • 2567 Posts

RE4-5-6 are trash, RE7 is a masterpiece.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#38 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4574 Posts

The series began its decline with 4 imo. The games became more action oriented and less focused on horror. I say leave it like REmake was on ps4 and x1.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

@Jag85 said:

The tank controls of the early RE games were pretty bad, but not a deal-breaker for what was otherwise a great game. I'd much prefer the RE4 over-the-shoulder style over the old tank-controls style.

RE4 has tank controls. It's the same movement.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

Ive loved 4,7 and rail shooters (7 felt like a spin off), 6 was good, 5 was meh, hated 1&2

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ReCloud

@AzatiS: what you said were personal opinions. I love RE4, finished it multiple times, I know a lot of people that love it too, Capcom knows everyone loves RE4, it's the reason it's been relaunched for all consoles since it's OG release. You hating it doesn't change the fact that it's good and popular. You probably hate it because it became more action oriented, but still, your opinion=/=facts.

RE4 CHANGED the industry and the genre, that's simply a fact, nothing you say can change this.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#42 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

I personally cant stand RE4 so if the remake is like that then its a deal breaker for me. Though over the shoulder wasnt everything that was wrong with RE4 to be fair, Id still prefer a remake more similar to the original.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By AzatiS
@recloud said:

@AzatiS: what you said were personal opinions. I love RE4, finished it multiple times, I know a lot of people that love it too, Capcom knows everyone loves RE4, it's the reason it's been relaunched for all consoles since it's OG release. You hating it doesn't change the fact that it's good and popular. You probably hate it because it became more action oriented, but still, your opinion=/=facts.

RE4 CHANGED the industry and the genre, that's simply a fact, nothing you say can change this.

Nah i can backup EVERY SINGLE point im making. Wanna do it right here, right now ? RE4 change the industry ? Hahahaha ! Changed the genre because of a particular camera angle or QTEs ? Challenge me to a debate right here right now ill make you admit yourself how bad RE4 was right here right now. Lets go. Ill laugh my ass off with this one, i dare you to accept and we will see if what i say is facts or just my opinion. All you have to do is answer a simple YES or NO to my questions.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By robert_sparkes

I would have liked re 7 to have the over the shoulder option. I'm not a fan of first person horror games.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By AzatiS
@Juub1990 said:
@AzatiS said:

Yes I understand what revolutionize means, it seems you're the one who doesn't and goes on an hyperbolic tangent about how YOU personally perceive the game which I frankly don't care about.

Was the other poster exaggerating when he called it the best game ever? Perhaps but if that's his perspective, who can tell him he's wrong?

As for the camera over the shoulder, considering it influenced a whole genre and that it's still being used to this day, I'd say yes, it has revolutionized its genre and its other flaws have absolutely nothing to do with that and you're just committing a strawman here. Yes we can talk about the revolutionary camera without talking about anything else because that's the aspect I argued it revolutionized. Even the most innovative games seldom influence more than one or two aspects so talking about it being "atrocious" on so many levels without even making an argument in the first place doesn't give you any points.

You obviously have a personal vendetta with this game. Hate it and call it overrated all you want. Don't deny what it changed in the gaming industry.

Omg, you dont even know what revolution means in video gaming i can tell. Also something tells me you have zero experience in TPS before RE4.

Also you clearly lack what a GREAT let alone an EPIC action third person shooter stands for. You lacking knowledge or experience or both. OR youre the biggest RE4 fanboy cant stand constructive criticism. You choose.

You can cry all you want i can prove all day long how bad RE4 was and still is and i can compare it directly with truly revolutionary games so you understand the difference of the meaning. You are the one exaggerating because you started video gaming with RE4 or close to that i bet which most of die hard fans of RE4 did. You crying out so loud when you hear the truth thats all, grow up and face the facts.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ReCloud

@AzatiS: I'll dismiss the debate.

The way you hate this game will make you blind to any arguments anyone make.

Here, take your victory if that's what you need.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Archangel3371

I loved Resident Evil 4 and still love playing it. I’d say that it’s probably my third favourite RE game right behind RE2 and RE remake. It was a big influencer in gaming. I just don’t really want the RE2 remake to copy its perspective and mechanics as I’d prefer it to remain faithful to the original.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

I loved Resident Evil 4 and still love playing it. I’d say that it’s probably my third favourite RE game right behind RE2 and RE remake. It was a big influencer in gaming. I just don’t really want the RE2 remake to copy its perspective and mechanics as I’d prefer it to remain faithful to the original.

I feel the exact same way. Despite my love of Resident Evil 4, I would have preferred if Resident Evil 2 took a form closer to Resident Evil HD.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By AzatiS
@recloud said:

@AzatiS: I'll dismiss the debate.

The way you hate this game will make you blind to any arguments anyone make.

Here, take your victory if that's what you need.

So you dont want to debate with simple yes or no ! You know pretty well how many flaws RE4 has as a game yourself. This wouldnt have been a debate, would have been a destruction.

And what you saying towards me has 2 sides so i can say as well that the way you are loving this game will make you blind to any arguments i make.

So me a hater or you fanboys, what of the two is true, we will never learn since you avoiding a debate.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Archangel3371

@jumpaction: I feel that the Resident Evil remake was just about the perfect way to remake a game. It allowed me to get that nostalgic fix while making some adjustments that helped improve things where needed but didn’t drastically change things.