Is Nintendo being too cheap?

• 105 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#51 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69448 Posts

@metalslimenite said:
@tjandmia said:

@metalslimenite: forecasts are irrelevant. Sales are down like 400% from last month. Just like the wiiu, the only people buying that piece of shit are Nintendo fans. Nintendo will be lucky to sell 10 million lifetime.

Yeah, you keep tellin' yourself that so you can sleep at night...

Yeah, you keep tellin' yourself that so you can sleep at night...

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#52 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

I think the switch should be just fine without Destiny 2. I just started playing Destiny and tbh I don't know what all the fuss is about

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#53 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

problem is though, third parties have been having a hard time cracking that Nintendo userbase these last two generations prior, and I don't really see how the Switch will change that much, not with multiplats more fit for systems like the XB1 and PS4

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

If Nintendo wants big AAA 3rd party games, they need to provide the system for it, not bribe devs into making shitty ports.

And if they really want to push their money around, then create new exclusives themselves, or publish promising titles that others aren't willing to take a risk on.

Anyways, personally this is a non issue. Not interested in those games on any platform, and even if I was, it wouldn't be for the Switch of all things.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

Everyone else needs to stop being cheap and waiting for a handout from Nintendo.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#56 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

32GB size cartridges and 3.25GB LPDDR4 with 25GB Bandwidth... The Switch will NEVER get high end multiplatform games. Also developers have to create two builds of the game one for the docked and one for the tablet mode which is BARELY any more powerful than the Wii U with 0.3 TFLOP count DO you have any idea how BAD that is?...

Nintendo fans please stop kidding your self the X1 and PS4 struggle to get 30FPS at 1080p with high end multiplatform games and those consoles are 3-4 times as powerful.

Two builds of the game for the dock vs. the portable? No.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3727 Posts

@metalslimenite: it's the Wiiu2, j just accept it. If you like it, great, but just like with most Nintendo console the past 20 years, most people are going to ignore it. What will be the excuse when poor sales tend next month also? You have to face reality, bruh.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

problem is though, third parties have been having a hard time cracking that Nintendo userbase these last two generations prior, and I don't really see how the Switch will change that much, not with multiplats more fit for systems like the XB1 and PS4

The bold is exactly it.

We just haven't seen a capable Nintendo console in the modern multiplat industry.

I know some people like to point at the Gamecube and be like "See! It didn't even work then!", but it was a very different time. Exclusives were much more common as they made much more business sense and the PS2 was typically the console of choice for its userbase.

But these days? I don't believe for a second that there's some hard feelings from pubs, or that gamers who buy Nintendo consoles don't want those games (the kind of shit some Nintendo fanboys like to repeat ad nauseam).

It's strictly a matter of Nintendos systems being too far out of range to get these big multiplats.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

@sonic_spark said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

32GB size cartridges and 3.25GB LPDDR4 with 25GB Bandwidth... The Switch will NEVER get high end multiplatform games. Also developers have to create two builds of the game one for the docked and one for the tablet mode which is BARELY any more powerful than the Wii U with 0.3 TFLOP count DO you have any idea how BAD that is?...

Nintendo fans please stop kidding your self the X1 and PS4 struggle to get 30FPS at 1080p with high end multiplatform games and those consoles are 3-4 times as powerful.

Two builds of the game for the dock vs. the portable? No.

Well yes... They have to create two builds to accommodate the resolution change and power change.

For example what if a game was so cutting edge that the docked mode Switch with its higher clocks was just enough to run the game well at moderate settings and then running it with 1/3rd of the GPU clock speed made it completely unplayable?... the developer would have no choice but to not make the game. I think most developers that do develop for the Switch are going to be forced to work with the the undocked clock speeds in order to prevent drastic performance losses and if that ends up being the case then the HIGH majority of games will not be making their way.

Like I said the Switch is a great handheld... But a 0.7 Tflop console with 3.25GB LPDDR4 at 25GB/s Bandwidth?... In 2017 that's a POS.

Want to know how bad that really is?... A Maxwell X1 chip is essentially half the spec's of a GTX 750, and the Switch doesn't even run at full performance of a X1 chip due to the clock speeds. Less than half the power of a 2014 $80 GPU with MUCH smaller bandwidth.

lifelessablaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61  Edited By lifelessablaze
Member since 2017 • 1066 Posts

Nintendo is a toy company not a tech company. Of course they're being cheap.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

If Nintendo don't attract enough third party developers, say goodbye to your competitors.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#64  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@jumpaction said:

@AzatiS: to be fair, my primary system isn't the one that will be playing Destiny 2 or LoTR... actually I don't think any of my systems will be playing them. :P

True , i havent touch destiny myself also . But it is a popular title that will make hunderd of thousands of gamers to play in daily basis. And will be missing from Switch.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

@AzatiS: I bought the first Destiny. It was the first game I returned in years. I haven't returned a game since either.

Destiny 2 is likely to be a popular game also and it will miss the Switch but I couldn't care less personally. I have two platforms that Destiny 2 is releasing on and I'm likely to play it on neither.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By AzatiS

@jumpaction said:

@AzatiS: I bought the first Destiny. It was the first game I returned in years. I haven't returned a game since either.

Destiny 2 is likely to be a popular game also and it will miss the Switch but I couldn't care less personally. I have two platforms that Destiny 2 is releasing on and I'm likely to play it on neither.

I couldnt care less either but is a game that thousands will play it and none of those of hunderd of thousands will be a switch user.

By your statement do you agree with me that Switch is another great , or not , secondary platform then ?

Because we cant excuse everything Switch is lacking with the " ill play X game on Z platform so i dont mind ".

Avatar image for TheMisterManGuy
TheMisterManGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 TheMisterManGuy
Member since 2011 • 264 Posts

@tjandmia: The reason sales are down from last month was due to supply constraints. The Switch is doing way better than anyone expected and Nintendo couldn't keep up with demand.

On topic. I don't think much will change in how Nintendo deals with 3rd party publishers. Nintendo isn't anti-thrid party, but their business model revolves around using their own software to drive sales of their hardware, so that other developers will take notice and voluntarily develop. In Nintendo's eyes, they shouldn't have to beg other developers to make games for them unless they have to, developers have to come to them. It's a very different approach from Sony and Microsoft, who rely on using the work of other publishers to drive sales of their hardware, and it's one many of today's big name developers and gamers aren't particularly used to.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

Meh. I don't play my Switch for those games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@AzatiS: Depends who you ask. I think the majority would agree but for my tastes, maybe not?

Keeping in mind that a strong number of the AAA titles that define a primary platform for one person are not all that interesting to me. Assassins Creed, the upcoming Red Dead Redemption 2, Destiny 2, probably Far Cry 5; these are all titles missing Switch thst thousands will be playing on other systems.

Systems that I own but also still won't be playing those games on because personally I have no interest in them. So for me, those games are less important to the definition of my primary device, which in actuality is a very fickle thing to begin with as I tend to play systems in an even spread.

I do agree most will view the Switch as a secondary platform if the level of third party support from western developers continues as it is now. Though there are games like Dishonored 2 and Overwatch that I've loved, they balance out to meet the time I play games on other systems also.

I understand the quantity matters but it's also the quality of those releases; not in an objective sense, rather how the qualities of a game meet your desires and interests. I have more interest in Splatoon 2 than Destiny 2 and I have way more interest in Mario Oddysey than RDR2 so those 3rd party games being part of a primary device discussion don't have the same impact from my personal tastes.

Again, not saying there aren't 3rd party AAA games I am interested in. There are plenty. Plenty that aren't on Switch too but I'm not sure these numbers match that of the exclusives I like on Nintendo platforms, the indie games available on all platforms, the multitude of interesting puzzle and strategy games on PC or the many classic PC and console games I have yet to play.

The contemporary games that I play will depend entirely on each game as they come. It's not as clear cut as saying 'X game is missing Switch" because it is going to be a matter of taste whether that game truly Haa an effect on my play time of one system over another.

NeonicTrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 NeonicTrash
Member since 2010 • 549 Posts

@metalslimenite said:
@tjandmia said:

Nintendo fans need to understand that a large part of the industry stopped caring about Nintendo and it's goofy hardware more than a decade ago. They use absurd phrases like "Nintendo isn't competing with Sony or Microsoft" blah blah blah. Yes, Nintendo is. It's just that no one gives a shit about Nintendo hardware anymore.

So that's why Switch is forecasted to sell around 10 million units in its first year compared to Xbox One selling 13 million units in around 4 years?

So your spreading outright lies and made up facts to hate on Xbox. Clear reports indicate there were around 26 million in sales at end of LAST YEAR. Forecasted....that means nothing. Don't think Switch has broken 4 million units worldwide yet. Wii U sold a bunch at first too and broke the 10 million mark, then what happened? Nintendo is not to be trusted when it comes to hardware longevity. The original quote is right, that's why every week just about you see an article on here, "insert major upcoming 3rd party AAA here" NOT coming to Switch. Either technically not feasible or not worth the bother to port it.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#72 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

Imo Nintendo is a bit too cheap on things, and maybe they feel they need to recoup some losses from the wiiu.

However, I think Nintendo has little interest to fund third parties, and probably figure that the incentive of selling games should be enough to warrant getting a Switch version if the userbase truly wants it. Nintendo tried supplementing its library with bribes during the gamecube era and it never really paid off for them.

Besides, as others have said, those two series aren't very consequential. If Nintendo is paying for ports of games like that, then the bribery will never end. Games you bribe for are ones like COD and GTA.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By AzatiS

@jumpaction said:

@AzatiS: Depends who you ask. I think the majority would agree but for my tastes, maybe not?

Keeping in mind that a strong number of the AAA titles that define a primary platform for one person are not all that interesting to me. Assassins Creed, the upcoming Red Dead Redemption 2, Destiny 2, probably Far Cry 5; these are all titles missing Switch thst thousands will be playing on other systems.

Systems that I own but also still won't be playing those games on because personally I have no interest in them. So for me, those games are less important to the definition of my primary device, which in actuality is a very fickle thing to begin with as I tend to play systems in an even spread.

I do agree most will view the Switch as a secondary platform if the level of third party support from western developers continues as it is now. Though there are games like Dishonored 2 and Overwatch that I've loved, they balance out to meet the time I play games on other systems also.

I understand the quantity matters but it's also the quality of those releases; not in an objective sense, rather how the qualities of a game meet your desires and interests. I have more interest in Splatoon 2 than Destiny 2 and I have way more interest in Mario Oddysey than RDR2 so those 3rd party games being part of a primary device discussion don't have the same impact from my personal tastes.

Again, not saying there aren't 3rd party AAA games I am interested in. There are plenty. Plenty that aren't on Switch too but I'm not sure these numbers match that of the exclusives I like on Nintendo platforms, the indie games available on all platforms, the multitude of interesting puzzle and strategy games on PC or the many classic PC and console games I have yet to play.

The contemporary games that I play will depend entirely on each game as they come. It's not as clear cut as saying 'X game is missing Switch" because it is going to be a matter of taste whether that game truly Haa an effect on my play time of one system over another.

Its not depends who you ask. This is not what you personally do or what i do. Its how things are.

We talking about systems here , what they offer , what they lack etc. Theres no such thing as depends when it comes to facts like for example Switch lacking 3rd party support or no Destiny 2 for Switch etc.

So again , is that making Switch yet another great , or not great ( here comes the depends ) , secondary platform ? Time will tell but most likely the answer is yes. And why is yes ? Because it lacks all massive 3rd parties millions of people playing each year over and over.

Only if they continue this pace of great titles releases they already have this year in 2018/19/2020/2021/2022 theyll manage to end up being primary for some gamers out there ? Will they ? Thats the bet im talking about all along for Nintendo.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 tjandmia

@TheMisterManGuy: it's snubbed by devs because it's goofy, weak as hardware, and it's selling marginally better than the wiiu. Your not seeing clearly.

Avatar image for TheMisterManGuy
TheMisterManGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 TheMisterManGuy
Member since 2011 • 264 Posts

@tjandmia said:

@TheMisterManGuy: it's snubbed by devs because it's goofy, weak as hardware, and it's selling marginally better than the wiiu. Your not seeing clearly.

Most developers have nothing but praise for the Switch, don't know where you're getting your info.

PopGotcha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#76 PopGotcha
Member since 2016 • 716 Posts

@clone01 said:

Meh. I don't play my Switch for those games.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#77 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

xbox and pc dont get all the multiplats.....switch even less...lol

besides call of duty is all they need this holiday to not get embarrassed.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 tjandmia

@TheMisterManGuy: wow... I guess the games will tell.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@AzatiS: A system having certain games doesn't make it a primary system for everyone. :P

You're implying that everyone has to have interests in the same things. I maintain that the general consensus will likely view the Switch as a secondary system, but that it is not true of every gamer. Everyone has different tastes and will distribute their play time on each console depending on that taste.

Factually, yes the Switch so far demonstrated as having less 3rd party support than normal but that doesn't immediately make it everyone's secondary system. It depends on who you ask. Most people will tell you it's their secondary system and then there are people like me who think 3rd party titles are sometimes lacking so the primary system I use isn't so clear cut.

reavis86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 reavis86
Member since 2013 • 223 Posts

Im not worried about games like Destiny. Nintendo should have paid to have had Resident Evil 7, GTA V, and Final Fantasy 15 at launch. Id love me some portable FF15. Some may say GTA V was a little too old, but that cash train is still ROLLIN. Many people would sink money into a switch version. And really help devs out so switch versions arent later than the rest...yooka laylee, rime, etc. They should FULLY fund a port of Red Dead Redemption 2.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#81 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

It would be great to see more kinds of games on the Switch. Personally, I'm disappointed that South Park: The Fractured But Whole isn't being ported over. There are tons of games that probably would port over pretty easily and look very sharp on the Switch. I feel like some devs just don't want to do it.

But at the same time, a lot of people who replied to this thread make an excellent point which makes sense to me, being a fan of Nintendo systems. A lot of us really just don't give a crap about Destiny or COD. If that is the only type of game that a lot of gamers are interested in, then I feel sorry for them because they don't know good games when they see them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#82 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

@reavis86: If they released Red Dead 2 or GTA5 on the Switch, I would probably get a copy.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By AzatiS

@jumpaction said:

@AzatiS: A system having certain games doesn't make it a primary system for everyone. :P

You're implying that everyone has to have interests in the same things. I maintain that the general consensus will likely view the Switch as a secondary system, but that it is not true of every gamer. Everyone has different tastes and will distribute their play time on each console depending on that taste.

Factually, yes the Switch so far demonstrated as having less 3rd party support than normal but that doesn't immediately make it everyone's secondary system. It depends on who you ask. Most people will tell you it's their secondary system and then there are people like me who think 3rd party titles are sometimes lacking so the primary system I use isn't so clear cut.

System that people playing constantly making it a primary system. If you buy a second or third platform just for few of its games thats a secondary platform.

I cant see how Nintendo will maintain this pace of software thru the years for people to have it as primary. And even if they do release game after game , i dont see how Switch can be a primary console when will be offering only Nintendo games when its a fact that vastly majority of gamers playing way more 3rd parties in every generation than actually exclusives.

This isnt about taste , its how things are. Now if someone is THAT big of a fan that can play all day long Nintendo only games and specially if those games are very few per year , so be it. But thats a rare case. Epicly rare.

So lets see if Nintendo will keep that extreme pace of great exclusives in 2018 and beyond because if its not ... oh well.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@AzatiS: "System that people playing constantly making it a primary system. If you buy a second or third platform just for few of its games thats a secondary platform."

How is that not about taste? :P

Just because one person is playing their Xbox One more than I am that doesn't make it my primary system. Vice Versa of course.

Like I said, quantity matters and the more options you have, the more likely you will find something you like but that's not always the case. There are plenty of AAA 3rd party titles from publishers following design practices that I don't care for, and I don't buy their games. So that quantity is not as impacting to me as, say one Mario game which I'm inclined to get more longevity out of (because I typically play Mario games to full completion). It's a matter of taste, really. Far Cry 5, Destiny 2, Red Dead Redemption 2 and a multitude of sports games can come out, be loved by millions and played at a constant rate defining the primary system of many players; but not me because my tastes align somewhere else.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By AzatiS

@jumpaction said:

@AzatiS: "System that people playing constantly making it a primary system. If you buy a second or third platform just for few of its games thats a secondary platform."

How is that not about taste? :P

Just because one person is playing their Xbox One more than I am that doesn't make it my primary system. Vice Versa of course.

Like I said, quantity matters and the more options you have, the more likely you will find something you like but that's not always the case. There are plenty of AAA 3rd party titles from publishers following design practices that I don't care for, and I don't buy their games. So that quantity is not as impacting to me as, say one Mario game which I'm inclined to get more longevity out of (because I typically play Mario games to full completion). It's a matter of taste, really. Far Cry 5, Destiny 2, Red Dead Redemption 2 and a multitude of sports games can come out, be loved by millions and played at a constant rate defining the primary system of many players; but not me because my tastes align somewhere else.

How is what im saying being about taste ? Because we talking about a console or a product being secondary or not , not if you want to buy a secondary platform or not . Wtf ?

I dont care what you doing or why you buying switch for or X1 or whatever. We talking about Switch here and what majority of gamers will have it as.

Except if you saying me majority of gamers will have Switch as primary because of taste ... lol ! Quantity of games you want to play on a system >>> TASTE . Period. Did that happen with Wii U or even Wii to happen this time with Switch ? We will see .

TASTE alone is not defining if a platform of your choice will be a secondary or not. LACK of games you like is. Automatically by not having majority ( if not all of ) AAA 3rd parties majority of gamers eager to play is a big slap on that direction , you like the system or not since its proven that vastly majority of games gaming more with 3rd party games each gen.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@AzatiS: Man, I think you're a little confused. :P

I am trying to express that I think the majority of gamers will hold the Switch as a secondary system but I am more likely to use the Switch as a primary system for the games I like (simply because it's likely to have more of the platformers I like).

It's a matter of taste when more people will use Switch as a secondary system because their preferences align with the quantity of games releasing on other platforms. That's not just because the quantity exists but the quantity happens to also be what the majority are looking for.

"TASTE alone is not defining if a platform of your choice will be a secondary or not. LACK of games you like is. Automatically by having all 3rd parties out is a big slap on that direction , you like the system or not."

Right. So if the system I have lacks the games I like but has more of the games I don't like, how will it be my primary system? If the Xbox One has a bunch of 3rd party games I am not interested in but is missing the games I do like, how can I call it my primary system if it doesn't align with my tastes and therefore gets less play time than another system that may have comparatively less titles but titles I actually enjoy playing more.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By AzatiS

@jumpaction said:

@AzatiS: Man, I think you're a little confused. :P

I am trying to express that I think the majority of gamers will hold the Switch as a secondary system but I am more likely to use the Switch as a primary system for the games I like (simply because it's likely to have more of the platformers I like).

It's a matter of taste when more people will use Switch as a secondary system because their preferences align with the quantity of games releasing on other platforms. That's not just because the quantity exists but the quantity happens to also be what the majority are looking for.

"TASTE alone is not defining if a platform of your choice will be a secondary or not. LACK of games you like is. Automatically by having all 3rd parties out is a big slap on that direction , you like the system or not."

Right. So if the system I have lacks the games I like but has more of the games I don't like, how will it be my primary system? If the Xbox One has a bunch of 3rd party games I am not interested in but is missing the games I do like, how can I call it my primary system if it doesn't align with my tastes and therefore gets less play time than another system that may have comparatively less titles but titles I actually enjoy playing more.

Because even if your taste says MARIO and ZELDA are the best , you cant be playing those 2 games for 2 straight years for example like it happened in some cases with Wii U and even Wii ! Therefore you letting your "favorite" system on the side till the next big title you want to play with gets a release and in the meantime you play ... with something else.

If you find yourself playing with that something else way more , then what you think as "favorite" is not your primary console. Simple as that

It has nothing to do with taste. In Nintendos case it has to do with amount of games each and every year , till the end of generation , will get a release and what kind of games those will be.

If for 3-4 months for example you wont even touch your "favorite" and "primary" console because it lacks games .. thats not about taste thats about lack of games forcing you to play something else ... than your fav system that is.

With other platforms 3rd parties are there to fill the gap big time between their great exclusives , Switch has not this luxury so Nintendo has to release great 1st party game after great game every single year constantly ! Will they do it ? We will see.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@AzatiS: But you're implying the systems I play on instead have a larger quantity of games I do like; where in my case it's quite evenly split across all the platforms I play on. There's no one system that dominates my play time.

Keep in mind that I like most of Nintendo's output. Some of their franchises I do not care for but Mario, Smash Bros., Zelda, Metroid, Animal Crossing, Pikmin, Xenoblade, Donkey Kong, Fire Emblem and Pokemon are all titles I care for more than the general output from publishers like EA, Activision, Rockstar, Ubisoft and CD Project Red (As much as I love their customer care). Yes. I am going to be playing them more than Destiny 2, Far Cry 5, the next Call of Duty game or Assassin's Creed game because I'm not buying those games. :P

My favorite games aren't all on one system either. I don't play video games primarily on one platform. However, Nintendo platforms generally get quite a heavy dose of the type of games I do like.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By AzatiS

@jumpaction said:

@AzatiS: But you're implying the systems I play on instead have a larger quantity of games I do like; where in my case it's quite evenly split across all the platforms I play on. There's no one system that dominates my play time.

Keep in mind that I like most of Nintendo's output. Some of their franchises I do not care for but Mario, Smash Bros., Zelda, Metroid, Animal Crossing, Pikmin, Xenoblade, Donkey Kong, Fire Emblem and Pokemon are all titles I care for more than the general output from publishers like EA, Activision, Rockstar, Ubisoft and CD Project Red (As much as I love their customer care). Yes. I am going to be playing them more than Destiny 2, Far Cry 5, the next Call of Duty game or Assassin's Creed game because I'm not buying those games. :P

My favorite games aren't all on one system either. I don't play video games primarily on one platform. However, Nintendo platforms generally get quite a heavy dose of the type of games I do like.

Im implying simple stuff like lack of games on Nintendos part.

Fans themselves were calling Wii a dust collector , fans themselves gave up with Wii U.

If you are splitting your time evenly across all the platforms you play on , youre a rare case dont you think ? Because lets be real , i doubt you played as much with your Wii U as your primary console/PC or whatever that was ... Lets not lie here for the sake of winning an argument.

Its veeery rare for people to split evenly the amount of hours they playing over all the systems they own. Its almost impossible specially with Wii U case for example that seriously lacked games to play with for almost the 2 years. Lets be honest here.

Besides who can deny ex-CEO of Nintendo ? You ?

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 PutASpongeOn
Member since 2014 • 4897 Posts

Yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@AzatiS: The Wii U was my primary system during its life-cycle over my Xbox One. I love indie games and I bought all of them on Wii U because of the game-pad. :P

Saying that, this didn't translate to the Nintendo Wii. While it had some of my favorite games of that generation, it also lacked a large enough quantity of the games I like. The same can't be said of the Switch's first year which already has a strong quantity of games I'm interested in.

That's a reasonable stack of Xbox One games and that list has expanded now. Even still ,there are only about 3 games from that stack that I actually enjoyed enough to finish and would consider playing again. :P In fact, most of those titles there such as Far Cry 4, Call of Duty BO3 and GTA V were the final nails in the coffins that made me decide in not buying titles from those series again simply because I didn't value or enjoy my experience as much as I would have liked. :(

Those Wii U games got way more play time that those Xbox One games.

I have different play habits. Right now I am not playing anything on my Xbox One. All my time is being invested in Thief on PC, Breath of the Wild, Wonderboy and Puyo Puyo Tetris on Switch, Phoenix Wright on 3DS and Resident Evil 0 on Wii.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

Why even bother with third parties when you can release Nintendogs, a devastating kill blow to all consoles.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By AzatiS

@jumpaction said:

@AzatiS: The Wii U was my primary system during its life-cycle over my Xbox One. I love indie games and I bought all of them on Wii U because of the game-pad. :P

Saying that, this didn't translate to the Nintendo Wii. While it had some of my favorite games of that generation, it also lacked a large enough quantity of the games I like. The same can't be said of the Switch's first year which already has a strong quantity of games I'm interested in.

That's a reasonable stack of Xbox One games and that list has expanded now. Even still ,there are only about 3 games from that stack that I actually enjoyed enough to finish and would consider playing again. :P In fact, most of those titles there such as Far Cry 4, Call of Duty BO3 and GTA V were the final nails in the coffins that made me decide in not buying titles from those series again simply because I didn't value or enjoy my experience as much as I would have liked. :(

Those Wii U games got way more play time that those Xbox One games.

I have different play habits. Right now I am not playing anything on my Xbox One. All my time is being invested in Thief on PC, Breath of the Wild, Wonderboy and Puyo Puyo Tetris on Switch, Phoenix Wright on 3DS and Resident Evil 0 on Wii.

Care to tell me what did you play the last 2 years of Wii Us life constantly every day/week over games on other platforms and how this translates to evenly split time between the platforms you were gaming ?

Name me please what you were playing for a whole year for the years 2013/2015/2016 on Wii U and how you evenly split your time between other titles for other platforms for 12 months each year.

Also you telling me you didnt have a PS3 or PC last generation ? Very hard to beleive.

Also , are you denying Nintendos Ex-CEO himself when he officially called Wii U " a great secondary platform " more or less ?

And last , because you , personally you , split evenly ( i dont beleive you just to know ) the hours between your platforms which that makes you a very veeery small % of Wii U owners , shouldnt we consider Wii U a secondary platform ? It doesnt work that way sadly.

Care to name me someone you know in real life with a Wii U console alone ? I dont think i know a single guy that was gaming on Wii U alone this generation when i know ALOT of people that are gaming on other platforms soloely. Either this platform is PC or PS4 or even X1 ( yes X1 , i know 2 guys friend of mine ) but i know not a single guy , on net or in real life with Wii U alone.

Isnt that an indication and a proof of my point ? Or because there will be ( somewhere out there ) some people ( if there are any which really doubt that ) that indeed were gaming only on Wii U proves otherwise ?

Can Switch stand as a primary platform for some ? Time will tell. Depends what effort Nintendo will put on software side of things.

What are you trying to prove is beyond me at this point.

Now if you personally have different taste on games so are people that own Nintendo products. Cant be all Switch owners to like every single game Nintendo offers them , its impossible.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@AzatiS: Yes I did have a PS3 (still do and still want to visit many games on that platform) but the Wii U wasn't part of that generation. :P The Wii was.

During 2015, I spent a heck of a time playing Super Mario Maker, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Runbow, Axiom Verge, Yoshi's Woolly World, Adventures of Pip, Steamworld Heist, Fast Racing Neo and SK :Plague of Shadows on Wii U. It was my most played platform of that year. I didn't really play anything in 2016. Most of my time in 2016 was dedicated 3DS, PC and Xbox One. Super Mario Maker was a gem. The Xbox One games from 2015 that I bought in 2015 were Call of Duty: Black Ops 3, Battlefield Hardline and MGS5. I bought The Witcher 3 in 2016, I believe. So yeah, not a very active year on my Xbox One.

I don't deny what the the late CEO has said, nor do disagree that it applies to the general consensus but that doesn't mean it applied to me. :P I mean, I'm entitled to spend my time on the games and systems I want to play on, aren't I?

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

Nintendo will just release Pokemon and it won't even matter.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#96 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9727 Posts

Every platform that had little or no 3rd party support has failed. Every single one.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#97 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

@Grey_Eyed_Elf: the switch has more power under the hood then wiiu it's close to the original Xbox one

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@tjandmia said:

Nintendo fans need to understand that a large part of the industry stopped caring about Nintendo and it's goofy hardware more than a decade ago. They use absurd phrases like "Nintendo isn't competing with Sony or Microsoft" blah blah blah. Yes, Nintendo is. It's just that no one gives a shit about Nintendo hardware anymore.

A tablet with full console controls that has plug and play dock is "goofy"?

Are you void of reality or what?

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 tjandmia

@MBirdy88: yes, goofy hardware. No wonder sales are down like 400%. No one wants that 2011 hardware, but the die hard Nintendo fans.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@tjandmia said:

@MBirdy88: yes, goofy hardware. No wonder sales are down like 400%. No one wants that 2011 hardware, but the die hard Nintendo fans.

looking at your post history.. why did I even bother.

"Bev a PC gamer​ for 22 years. Never again. I don't ever want to touch a mouse or keyboard. That shit was never meant for gaming. I'm such of the os updates that break shit, the ini editing, and th..."

basically saying "I've been gaming in one way for 22 years like a mong and missed out on half the industry"

Someones alt account with no balls