Is microsoft doomed to fail, or is the 360 just bringing it down a bit

• 170 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PressXtoJump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PressXtoJump
Member since 2012 • 1484 Posts

"the company had a mediocre quarter to begin fiscal 2013. Revenue in the first quarter fell by 8% and operating income fell by 26% year-over-year, while earnings per share fell from 68 cents in the first quarter of fiscal 2012 to 53 cents in fiscal 2013."

http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/the-companies-where-everyone-wants-to-work.html

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

another generic cow bashing microsoft thread.

Lets see this go to 9 pages of you and kuraimen talking out your behinds and everyone bringing sony's current state up and you's saying MS is doomed with no actual decent logic or thought put into the arguement itself.

PressXtoJump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 PressXtoJump
[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

Lets see this go to 9 pages of you and kuraimen talking out your behinds and everyone bringing sony's current state up and you's saying MS is doomed with no actual decent logic or thought put into the arguement itself.

it looks more like your butthurt before its even begun
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 razgriz_101

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

PressXtoJump

it looks more like your butthurt before its even begun

stating ones opinion is being butthurt? okay typical cow logic yet again.

Right heres a few things

1.This gen is starting to hit a saturation point, you cant expect everything to match the peak of the lifecycle we're in the tail end of this generation and its over in under a week aswell strangely is it not? revenue will drop for the time being until the next console releases.

2.MS are probably going to see an increase in profit this quarter considering halo 4 just launched and made $300m in the first few days which is a good thing for them and actualy disproves the doomed theory.

3.In 99.9% of topics i've actually never seen you make a rational arguement, it always degenerates to either butthurt or the usual spam the exclusives that have become vapour ware (TLG and FFXIII-VS being cow's favourite choice of damage control).

gee i cant wait for another reply with why you so butthurt because you dont have the actual cognitive reasoning or balls to form a decent arguement.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

"the company had a mediocre quarter to begin fiscal 2013. Revenue in the first quarter fell by 8% and operating income fell by 26% year-over-year, while earnings per share fell from 68 cents in the first quarter of fiscal 2012 to 53 cents in fiscal 2013."

http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/the-companies-where-everyone-wants-to-work.html

PressXtoJump
..so how was Sony's quarter..
GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

:roll:

PressXtoJump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PressXtoJump
[QUOTE="OhSnapitz"][QUOTE="PressXtoJump"]

..so how was Sony's quarter..

this thread is about microsoft, please stay on topic
PressXtoJump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PressXtoJump
[QUOTE="PressXtoJump"][QUOTE="OhSnapitz"] ..so how was Sony's quarter.. sts106mat
this thread is about microsoft, please stay on topic

then its not a system wars topic is it?

it sure is ;)
Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ly_the_Fairy
Member since 2011 • 8541 Posts

I wish I was as doomed-to-fail as Microsoft. I'd love to make $20 billion in profit in a year.

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

PressXtoJump
How about Sony's current situation? Surely it's worse the Microsoft's?
1080pOnly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 1080pOnly
Member since 2009 • 2216 Posts

[QUOTE="dommeus"][QUOTE="PressXtoJump"]

sts106mat

How about Sony's current situation? Surely it's worse the Microsoft's?

you are not allowed to mention Sony in this turd of a thread apparently.

Hey! Don't be so down on turds. They have at least one use

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

One of the biggest and most important computer comapnies in the world doomed? not bloody likely. Stop posting stupid sh!t

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="PressXtoJump"] this thread is about microsoft, please stay on topicPressXtoJump
then its not a system wars topic is it?

it sure is ;)

System wars, not company wars

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts
This is really not the area a Sony fanboy should use to attack. Microsoft is still one of the most powerful companies in the world and Sony well not so much.
Meeeper282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Meeeper282
Member since 2012 • 1597 Posts

microsoft will most likely fail without bill gates, but sony will die first most likely, well not really " i could see them downsizing to just movies, music and playstation"

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19565 Posts
Who cares about the 360's sales at this point in its lifetime? The next generation begins this week.
Meeeper282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Meeeper282
Member since 2012 • 1597 Posts

Who cares about the 360's sales at this point in its lifetime? The next generation begins this week.Planeforger

this, but the current generation doesn't end till all 3 consoles are out

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts

[QUOTE="Planeforger"]Who cares about the 360's sales at this point in its lifetime? The next generation begins this week.Meeeper282

Actually the current generation ends when the last of the current gen consoles get discontinued...
Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts
This thread gave me cancer. Anyone want to start cooking some crystal?
superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts

[QUOTE="Planeforger"]Who cares about the 360's sales at this point in its lifetime? The next generation begins this week.Meeeper282

The next generation begins when Sony says that it's begins... lol
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kuraimen

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="Meeeper282"]

sts106mat

Actually the current generation ends when the last of the current gen consoles get discontinued...

no, it ends when the very last untouched fully boxed console gets sold on ebay. thats how stupid this crap sounds.

It's common sense. One technology doesn't replaces another it just moves forward. Or are games like GOW2 lost in the generation limbo?? No it is a sixth generation game. No need to arbitrarily assign dates when common sense works.

James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 James161324
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

Dude, everyone had a horrible quarter

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60710 Posts
It made me want no part of their next console.
lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4862 Posts
MS had less profit because a lot of people were not buying pcs because they were waiting on Windows 8 machines. Oh, and this topic has a very poor premise when a lot of companies traditionally have mediocre quarters this time of year. The numbers for the 4th quarter will be much stronger for MS.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kuraimen
[QUOTE="kuraimen"]

[QUOTE="sts106mat"] no, it ends when the very last untouched fully boxed console gets sold on ebay. thats how stupid this crap sounds. sts106mat

It's common sense. One technology doesn't replaces another it just moves forward. Or are games like GOW2 lost in the generation limbo?? No it is a sixth generation game. No need to arbitrarily assign dates when common sense works.

you are the one despararte to drag this generation on as long as possible. i'd wager you'd be saying something different if PS3 was leading the race and the PS4 was first out of the gate in a few days.

I always champion common sense over arbitrarily :)
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44049 Posts

Doomed I tell ya, dooooooomed !! :o

Oh, I'm talkinbout this thread dontchaknow. :P

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
[QUOTE="Meeeper282"]

[QUOTE="Planeforger"]Who cares about the 360's sales at this point in its lifetime? The next generation begins this week.kuraimen

So they just said they've stopped making the PS2, it was a current gen console till then? :roll:
Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

blue_hazy_basic

So they just said they've stopped making the PS2, it was a current gen console till then? :roll:

Yep. :P
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 kuraimen

blue_hazy_basic

No, it is a last gen console :|. The sixth gen console is active until the PS2 stops production...
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

microsoft will most likely fail without bill gates, but sony will die first most likely, well not really " i could see them downsizing to just movies, music and playstation"

Meeeper282
Listen dumb, dumb. Sony is more than just music, movies and games. They have the entire Broadcast market in their pocket which is worth more than their gaming division.
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] Actually the current generation ends when the last of the current gen consoles get discontinued...

No, it is a last gen console :|. The sixth gen console is active until the PS2 stops production...

But you just used current gen in the prev ... you know what Kuriamen keep fighting the brave fight! :lol:
HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

Microsoft stock is 1 point above junk status?

or was that someone else?

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 kuraimen
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] Actually the current generation ends when the last of the current gen consoles get discontinued...

But you just used current gen in the prev ... you know what Kuriamen keep fighting the brave fight! :lol:[/QUOTE Well I meant the particular gen a system is on... bad wording on my part
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 kuraimen

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"] No, it is a last gen console :|. The sixth gen console is active until the PS2 stops production...sts106mat

But you just used current gen in the prev ... you know what Kuriamen keep fighting the brave fight! :lol:[/QUOTE Well I meant the particular gen a system is on... bad wording on my part

being constantly butthurt and bitter will do that to you sometimes, we'll let you off this time.

I see you talk from experience lol
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 razgriz_101

[QUOTE="sts106mat"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"] But you just used current gen in the prev ... you know what Kuriamen keep fighting the brave fight! :lol:[/QUOTE Well I meant the particular gen a system is on... bad wording on my partkuraimen

being constantly butthurt and bitter will do that to you sometimes, we'll let you off this time.

the only one with butthurt experience is you if we look at the fable topic (which is still ongoing).

PressXtoJump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 PressXtoJump
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="sts106mat"]

But you just used current gen in the prev ... you know what Kuriamen keep fighting the brave fight! :lol:[/QUOTE Well I meant the particular gen a system is on... bad wording on my partkuraimen

he has to be the most butthurt lemming on this entire site, whenever you see a thread that needs damage control for the 360, hes guaranteed to be on the 1st page 100%
PressXtoJump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 PressXtoJump
[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="sts106mat"] being constantly butthurt and bitter will do that to you sometimes, we'll let you off this time.

the only one with butthurt experience is you if we look at the fable topic (which is still ongoing).

ok look, there have been talks of the nextbox already running into hardware issues, now this (which means they will cut costs, instead of spending more to fix these issuess), its pretty much safe to assume that xbox will fail next gen
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 razgriz_101

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"] I see you talk from experience lolPressXtoJump

ok look, there have been talks of the nextbox already running into hardware issues, now this (which means they will cut costs, instead of spending more to fix these issuess), its pretty much safe to assume that xbox will fail next gen

thats why the prototyping stage exists, is to find flaws and fix them.Those flaws will be out the product by the time it hits the market or that much of a low failure rate that its only an issue to people like yourself.

Should maybe learn a bit more about a product developement lifecycle and prototyping it might help you understand why your completely wrong...AGAIN.

Anyhow this arguement backfired spectacularly on your buddy PinnaclePEE.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 kuraimen
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="sts106mat"] being constantly butthurt and bitter will do that to you sometimes, we'll let you off this time.PressXtoJump

he has to be the most butthurt lemming on this entire site, whenever you see a thread that needs damage control for the 360, hes guaranteed to be on the 1st page 100%

Not to mention the stupid posts he creates. He even fails at kindergarden level of trolling.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 kuraimen

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="sts106mat"] being constantly butthurt and bitter will do that to you sometimes, we'll let you off this time.

razgriz_101

Nah all the lems on the sales thread were truly butthurt. So much they had to lock it before they experienced seizures. Not even their usual circle jerk strategy was working for them.