Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 5

Poll Is Microsoft desperate? (88 votes)

Yes 41%
No 51%
Maybe 7%
Other 3%

Never, in my 20+ years of gaming have I seen such a company become so desperate that they introduce a feature called "Gamepass" which allows users to play virtually new games for a fraction of the price. They are essentially sacrificing a lot of revenue, in return to attract new users to their system.

But, why didn't they wait next gen? It seems like this gen is virtually over. Even with gamepads, PS4 is outselling Xbox 1 10:1 in Japan, 3:1 in Europe and 2:1 in North America. It's over, so why try?

• 
Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Jereb31
Member since 2015 • 2025 Posts

Desperate seems a stretch, this will just be a marketing strategy to attract users to the system. That's all.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Needhealing
Member since 2017 • 2041 Posts

@jereb31 said:

Desperate seems a stretch, this will just be a marketing strategy to attract users to the system. That's all.

They introduced it in March and the PS4 has actually outsold it even more these pasts months. It's quite possibly the greatest failure since the N-Gage.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

I think they are with all the moves and 180 they did since late 2013

dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts

@needhealing: The better question is, are you? From your posting history, it sounds like you are very.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@needhealing: The only desperate one here is you little moo moo.

You should talk about something positive and you wouldn't needhealing :)

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Needhealing

@dotWithShoes said:

@needhealing: The better question is, are you? From your posting history, it sounds like you are very.

No, I just like Lemmings salty tears.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

Their not trying anymore. They are putting all their resources into the next-gen. But, Technically, they are still trying in the video game industry but gave up on Xbox 1.

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jereb31

@needhealing said:
@jereb31 said:

They introduced it in March and the PS4 has actually outsold it even more these pasts months. It's quite possibly the greatest failure since the N-Gage.

Well yeah, hence a strategy to attract people back to the system.

Xbox_Rocks_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Xbox_Rocks_One
Member since 2018 • 72 Posts

I don't know if MS is desperate, but the Xbox fans surely are, I've never in my whole life have ever seen a group of people so violent, salty, butthurt, sad and losers like the Xbox fans in this board.

Is why I left the system and I'm leaving the forum, I refuse to coexist with such deplorable people.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

Remember GaaS? This is an extension of that... MS are offering long-based services, similar to PSNow (but actually better). Desperate? No. Actually on point? Kinda.

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jereb31

@xbox_rocks_one said:

I don't know if MS is desperate, but the Xbox fans surely are, I've never in my whole life have ever seen a group of people so violent, salty, butthurt, sad and losers like the Xbox fans in this board.

Is why I left the system and I'm leaving the forum, I refuse to coexist with such deplorable people.

Dear god man, do you always base your opinions of an inanimate object by those who use it?

Also, only 50 odd posts and your bailing on this community already? Seems like you can't take the heat, you must be very weak of mind, body and prostrate.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

@xbox_rocks_one said:

Haha, you're such a pathetic alt that it's almost funny.

"Oooooh, I bought an X1X."

"Ahhhh, it's shit, i'll trade for a PS Pro."

"What games should I get? Please gratify my glorious decision."

"Xbox users are such losers lolol."

You couldn't post more moronically if you tried.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

Nah

But it's definitely the emotionally butthurt Cows in here who are. Look at all the Alt Accounts and desperate cry/desire for MS to leave the gaming industry. LOL

They've lost the Console Power advantage (as usual) and Xbox One X still has them shaking in their knees 24/7

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#15 BassMan  Online
Member since 2002 • 17805 Posts

@xbox_rocks_one said:

Bye ReClown. Just curious... what is your next alt going to be?

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

Gamepass is a dope idea, I don't own an xbox1 but i would pay for a service like that on PlayStation. Even if they started gamepass late this gen, that means it will only be more refined for the next gen. PlayStation took this gen by default because of Microsoft's horrible launch, ( kinect & saying you would need to be online 24/7) But they have fixed that. I predict next gen xbox will be back on top like last gen with the 360. PlayStation has gotten cocky and gotten lazy imo, besides a few games like bloodbourne & ratchet & clank they are focusing too much on story and cut scenes and not making much that's innovative. they really aren't anywhere close to being pro consumer at this point. Also they are absolutely trash at making multiplayer games. I think this gen was a hard lesson for Microsoft but its for the better. Live & learn Microsoft, live & learn.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

You fanboys are idiots, enough said.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56082 Posts

In this gaming industry, everyone's desperate, they wanna be the main top dog.

@needhealing said:
@dotWithShoes said:

That's nasty! Keep your fetish to yourself!

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Needhealing

@VERTIGO47 said:

Nah

But it's definitely the emotionally butthurt Cows in here who are. Look at all the Alt Accounts and desperate cry/desire for MS to leave the gaming industry. LOL

They've lost the Console Power advantage (as usual) and Xbox One X still has them shaking in their knees 24/7

Emotional cows, when the ps4 has pretty much outsold the Xbone 2:1? Okay.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Needhealing

@jeezers said:

Gamepass is a dope idea, I don't own an xbox1 but i would pay for a service like that on PlayStation. Even if they started gamepass late this gen, that means it will only be more refined for the next gen. PlayStation took this gen by default because of Microsoft's horrible launch, ( kinect & saying you would need to be online 24/7) But they have fixed that. I predict next gen xbox will be back on top like last gen with the 360. PlayStation has gotten cocky and gotten lazy imo, besides a few games like bloodbourne & ratchet & clank they are focusing too much on story and cut scenes and not making much that's innovative. they really aren't anywhere close to being pro consumer at this point. Also they are absolutely trash at making multiplayer games. I think this gen was a hard lesson for Microsoft but its for the better. Live & learn Microsoft, live & learn.

I love how you say "They are focusing on story... blah blah" Are they winning? Yes? Then consumers want that.

Creepywelps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Creepywelps
Member since 2015 • 2964 Posts

Of course they're desperate... They'd be idiots not to be. I'd rather they're desperate and trying their best rather then being lazy and complacent like they were 2011-2015

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts
@xbox_rocks_one said:

CRUSHER88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By CRUSHER88
Member since 2003 • 2037 Posts

@needhealing said:
@dotWithShoes said:

Which is weird, because you can't taste salty tears online. All you can do is read and look at images. We may need a poll to determine the mental state of needpolling...er healing.

As for the topic, no. They have found another way to generate revenue. Its difficult to see how much of a success it is or will be though (its apparent they won't show a subscriber/actual purchase split for their first party games). I am interested to see the long-term impact of such a service. Does it increase sales for some games or expansions? Does it allow more developers to take risks knowing they get an up front payment from MS to put it on games pass? Either way, I don't see desperation in offering the games pass.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

@VERTIGO47: What are you on? Crack? Or maybe Cocaine?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b553a3d72a3b
deactivated-5b553a3d72a3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: -2

#25 deactivated-5b553a3d72a3b
Member since 2018 • 191 Posts

@mclarenmaster18 said:

I'm Xbox fanboy and I'd say Microsoft is not desperate.

Well, yeah... what else would you say?

dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts
@BassMan said:
@xbox_rocks_one said:

Pretty much exactly what I was going to post. Almost word for word. Weird.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

Its not desperation (gamepass), if you do the math, in a long term setting they will make more money. Plus do cows always forget about psnow?

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#28 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

Whats more desperate? MS giving gamers options or your butthurt polls that make no sense?

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts
@lundy86_4 said:
@xbox_rocks_one said:

Haha, you're such a pathetic alt that it's almost funny.

"Oooooh, I bought an X1X."

"Ahhhh, it's shit, i'll trade for a PS Pro."

"What games should I get? Please gratify my glorious decision."

"Xbox users are such losers lolol."

You couldn't post more moronically if you tried.

It's obviously @recloud and probably got suspended. Now trying to pose as a fakeboy.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

They are definitely desperate. Getting destroyed the entire gen in sales like they have will do that to you. They are throwing everything and the kitchen sink to try and get some leverage and it isn’t working.

I commend MS for their efforts even though they are somewhat misguided with Gamepass. The answer to their plight is higher quality exclusives not bargain bin deals. Well at least they aren’t crying and playing the victim card like the always salty asshurt lems on SW. MS realizes they need to do better and are at least trying.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
Member since 2017 • 1499 Posts
@BassMan said:
@xbox_rocks_one said:

Is it ReClown? Dude was such a loser...lmao.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

Gamepass will make more money in the long run, if you do the math. Also why do cows always forget about PSnow, is because its bad or something?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44144 Posts

No.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#35  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

They are clearly desperate for years now. I did a big analysis back in the day when MS reversed alot of their stupid policies and i mentioned the reason why this happened. The pre-orders were low when PS4s were high. Then the very first year we had X1 price cuts, bundle offers, online offers, coupon offers left and right ... that was the biggest sign something is really wrong with the system.... Then that continued with systems lack of exclusives ... the biggest slap of them all.

They tried to camouflaz all this desperation with clever marketing and approach like "for the gamers" and stupid craps like that only lems beleiving just to have as minimal backlash as possible. And then ... "the most powerful console" x1x released with no exclusives. First they copied Nintendo by offering gimmick controls because nintendo won last generation big time because of them ... then tried to take the SONY slogan of " most powerful console " with X1X because PS4 was winning by then ...

DESPERATION is synonym to MS and X1 this generation.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 AzatiS
@xbox_rocks_one said:

You missing sheep reactions !

As for X1, is the synonym of desperation this generation.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By AzatiS
@jeezers said:

Since you saying PS took this gen by default because of X1 horrible launch and PS has gotten cocky and lazy ( the most ridiculous statement of the year by far ) tell us why Wii U died that had "gameplay" games instead of "movies" and was all about "innovation" ?

Also for the record, X360 wasnt on top last generation, Wii was. And aside that PS3 surpassed X360 in the very end despite its myriad of problems, if MS couldnt win a seriously hurted Sony and PS3 with so many problems from hardware to software to Sony as a company .. how the hell you think theyll win next-gen ? You guys are crazy

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

@xbox_rocks_one said:

Two days, whoop dee doo. Time to trash this fake identity. I bought a system I don't own. I tried a bunch of games I never played. I tried to coexist with people I trolled. And now I pretend to be offended and run away, but I'll see you tomorrow. In two days, ffs.

You might be one of those most pathetic trolls to ever grace this place, which is quite the feat. You are legend. Now try again, this time as a grown up.

Even the super trolls are generally man/woman/person enough to stick with an account and suck it up. This fakery is why you have to run and hide.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

Yeah it’s pretty obvious that MS is desperate and Lemmings are delusional if they think otherwise .

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

He thinks MS is desperate... Lmao!!!!!

Xbox_Rocks_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Xbox_Rocks_One
Member since 2018 • 72 Posts

The Xbox fans are really something else.

They can't talk, they just attack and mob people. No wonder they're hated throughout the web, I regret completely wanting to be part of the Xbox community one day, I've never ever saw a fanbase so disgustingly toxic as the Xbox one. And it's not just here, any gaming forum, from ign to GBA temp the Xbox fans are completely disgusting.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44144 Posts

@xbox_rocks_one: To quote Curly Bill from Tombstone:

“Well, bye.”

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#43 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15913 Posts

Gamepass $120 per year. Xbox live $60 per year. Total $180 per year. Seems like a great revenue stream for me. If 5-6 million people subscribed to both, they can get a revenue of around $1 billion per year. Cost of making a game is around $20-100m, and licensing fees dont really cost much.

I do dislike xbox due to their lack of commitment on exclusive but the service is pretty good.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#44 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

TC sounds desperate himself.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By QuadKnight

@SUD123456 said:
@xbox_rocks_one said:

Two days, whoop dee doo. Time to trash this fake identity. I bought a system I don't own. I tried a bunch of games I never played. I tried to coexist with people I trolled. And now I pretend to be offended and run away, but I'll see you tomorrow. In two days, ffs.

You might be one of those most pathetic trolls to ever grace this place, which is quite the feat. You are legend. Now try again, this time as a grown up.

Even the super trolls are generally man/woman/person enough to stick with an account and suck it up. This fakery is why you have to run and hide.

You talk with so much assurance in your claims. Do you guys have any tangible proof he’s an alt? Not saying he isn’t but you guys need proof before saying stuff like this. Some idiot Lems have been calling random longtime posters on this board my alts without any proof. These alt accusations are getting way out of hand and lems are doing it when they can’t win arguments as a way to discredit the people owning them.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@AzatiS: 3 posts back to back to back and some with a massive wall of text.

It seems your desperate to prove MS is desperate, and it comes off as just desperation from you, congrats LMFAO.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

Microsoft is in full blown desperation/meltdown mode for years now.

Everything they are doing is not working.

It’s only a matter of time before they cut their losses and axe the entire Xbox division.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 QuadKnight

@i_p_daily said:

@AzatiS: 3 posts back to back to back and some with a massive wall of text.

It seems your desperate to prove MS is desperate, and it comes off as just desperation from you, congrats LMFAO.

Says the most desperate lem on SW. You would know all about the true meaning desperation ?

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#49 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

I'm a gamer and am happy with my Xbox One. I don't care if other people don't like the X1,I'm satisfied with it.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#50 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

What is it with some people and this hate for gamepass?

Is it because you can´t afford it and therefore get angry ?

And no Microsoft is not desperate, they are introducing the future of gaming.