Is it clear by now that Nintendo is saving their heavy hitters for Switch 2?

• 74 results
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Is it clear by now that Nintendo is saving their heavy hitters for Switch 2? (71 votes)

Yep 38%
Nah 62%

I just watched the Direct, and when it came time to talk about Breath of the Wild 2, there was no info at all. Instead we got a Skyword Sword HD announcement, which I'll get because I never played the original (I'm also getting Ninja Gaiden collection as well). But anyway, we're hitting the four year mark, and no talk about Breath of the Wild 2, no Bayonetta 3, no Metroid, and the show ended with Splatoon 3, which is slated to come in 2022. It seems to me that Nintendo is planning for the next system. Thoughts, SW? Agree or disagree?

• 
Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#51 Gym_Lion  Online
Member since 2020 • 531 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@gym_lion said:

So no effort went into RDR2 then.

I didn't say that, I said no effort is going into output of new products because they're soaking up money from the old ones. They, like Nintendo have no excuse to not have a steady stream of content with the money they make.

Fair point, my mistake.

Random_Matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#52 Random_Matt
Member since 2013 • 5907 Posts

Yeah, they should switch to Exynos. Just saw their Ryzen implementation, destroys Apple. 2022 apparantly.

Atomic1977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -1

#53 Atomic1977
Member since 2004 • 302 Posts

Nah, There is going to be no Switch 2 for a while yet. Nintendo is still doing well with the Switch and Switch Lite and they don't wanna kill the system just yet. WE are only just begining to see what the current switch is capable of.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 9359 Posts

Why would they release a Switch 2 when the Switch is at the height of its popularity?

It's not like the Playstation and Xbox where they need to keep up with more powerful hardware.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 5009 Posts

Didn't nintendo just say they are half way through the switch lifespan.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 30006 Posts

@robert_sparkes said:

Didn't nintendo just say they are half way through the switch lifespan.

Next month is four years, so yea, but I think they may keep supporting it even when the Switch 2 comes around.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#57 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 5854 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: Yes. Called this several months ago. Quote me, Switch 2 and BOTW2 as a launch title at E3.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 SolidGame_basic

@sonic_spark said:

@SolidGame_basic: Yes. Called this several months ago. Quote me, Switch 2 and BOTW2 as a launch title at E3.

What year? Not this year, right?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 7102 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
@sonic_spark said:

By then, Switch sales will slow down and Bayo3, Metroid4 and BOTW2 will be done/near done.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 SolidGame_basic

@hardwenzen said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@sonic_spark said:

By then, Switch sales will slow down and Bayo3, Metroid4 and BOTW2 will be done/near done.

That doesn't sound bad.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 hardwenzen

@SolidGame_basic said:
@hardwenzen said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@sonic_spark said:

That doesn't sound bad.

You have a ps5 to keep you busy. Now imagine someone who has nothing else but the switch as their main system. For the next two plus years you'll have nothing else but hd ports and emulators.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 SolidGame_basic

@hardwenzen: not sure how many people only have a Switch. Maybe @ProtossRushX? lol.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By hardwenzen

@SolidGame_basic said:

@hardwenzen: not sure how many people only have a Switch. Maybe @ProtossRushX? lol.

You'd be surprised. Many may own another system, but Switch is their fav and they use it as their main platform. On SW alone there's plenty of people like that. Sheep might not be as extinc as we originally thought. They're just hiding and in most cases don't want to let people know that they use their Switch as their primary system because its too damn easy to ridicule them.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#64 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 5854 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
@hardwenzen said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@sonic_spark said:

That doesn't sound bad.

BOTW2 this year. Metroid in 2022.

I'm on the hype train for E3, see you all in 4 months.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 hardwenzen

@sonic_spark said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@hardwenzen said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@sonic_spark said:

That doesn't sound bad.

BOTW2 this year. Metroid in 2022.

I'm on the hype train for E3, see you all in 4 months.

More like some hd ports and few emulators in 2021 and guess what's coming next year? The same thing.

p3anut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 p3anut
Member since 2005 • 6407 Posts

I guess you missed the part where the Direct was focused on the first half of the year. Plus it takes time to make games. E3 direct should be good, if not then 2021 is gonna be a major bust.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#67 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9471 Posts

That's what I've been thinking lately. Nintendo may be looking to replicate the success of the original Switch by releasing a new Zelda beside it. If they threw in Bayonetta 3 and Metroid Prime 4, that'd just sweeten the deal. A more realistic scenario is that they're just going to ride the Switch until it's not selling well enough for them and place said games in certain spots to draw out their release lineup.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1155 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

Been saying this for a year now. Why bother putting effort into something that has no competition and is on an auto pilot trajectory that prints them money? And because most sheep are a bunch of apologists, nobody calls them out enough on their complete lack of support. Instead, every single new lazy af hd port/emulator is announced, you see the usual "i haven't played the game when it was originally released because i didn't own X system so i am so glad its coming". These people do not ask for improvements of said re-releases. These people do not ask for these zero effort titles to be cheap. Nah, they just buy whatever Nintendo gives them no matter what. And this is why a "SHEEP" fits them so nicely.

Enjoy your $60 emulators until the next generation. Your next two to three years will be real spicy.

I personally would like improved versions of old games at the very least. Like an HD Mario 64 Remake with Mario Odyssey graphics. Or Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time being a full HD Remake from the ground up.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By hardwenzen

@luxuryheart said:
@hardwenzen said:

Been saying this for a year now. Why bother putting effort into something that has no competition and is on an auto pilot trajectory that prints them money? And because most sheep are a bunch of apologists, nobody calls them out enough on their complete lack of support. Instead, every single new lazy af hd port/emulator is announced, you see the usual "i haven't played the game when it was originally released because i didn't own X system so i am so glad its coming". These people do not ask for improvements of said re-releases. These people do not ask for these zero effort titles to be cheap. Nah, they just buy whatever Nintendo gives them no matter what. And this is why a "SHEEP" fits them so nicely.

Enjoy your $60 emulators until the next generation. Your next two to three years will be real spicy.

I personally would like improved versions of old games at the very least. Like an HD Mario 64 Remake with Mario Odyssey graphics. Or Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time being a full HD Remake from the ground up.

Of course you would, like every sane person. But why bother when with no effort put into the port, they're still printing mountains of cash? They have no incentive to invest resources.

ProtossRushX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 ProtossRushX
Member since 2007 • 8860 Posts

bro switch is gonna be doing great its outselling the ps5 and x-series they ain't gonna hold anything back bro

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1155 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@hardwenzen said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@sonic_spark said:

That doesn't sound bad.

You have a ps5 to keep you busy. Now imagine someone who has nothing else but the switch as their main system. For the next two plus years you'll have nothing else but hd ports and emulators.

The only people who would have the Switch as their only system are mid-core and casual gamers. They could care less about a lack of games coming out like that. It's easy to think that certain people want a lot of something because you're a fanatic about it. Like some people are fanatical about sports. I'll watch a few sports like Gymnastics, Track and Field, Ice Skating, when I notice it. Those sports look interesting, and I truly enjoy watching them. Yet, I'm not going to go out of my way to look up when they come on, keep up with teams, etc. My dad is an avid sports watcher though, and I remember him talking to his friends and complaining "after this championship is over, it's going to be a very boring time for sports until the Olympics get here." I personally didn't care because I'm not a sports fan. *shrugs* Like in most multiplayer games, I get annoyed when my team isn't pulling their weight, because I'm a competitive player. I keep up with meta, balance changes, weapon changes, etc. Though I also have to remember that some people are casual fans that only load it up for a couple of games with their friends on the weekend, while drinking mountain dew and eating a bag of chips.

I personally use Nintendo systems as my primary, while using the PS4 for the occasional exclusive and third party games. During my break from Nintendo systems, I'm on third party multiplayer games obsessing about the meta and competitive aspects.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#72 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9152 Posts

@briguyb13 said:

Even a public school graduate could see a new system coming next year.

wut

theAM0G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 theAM0G
Member since 2021 • 32 Posts

There's rumors of a Switch Pro being releasing this holiday, so expect the Switch to continue through most of this generation cycle if true.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#74 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 27372 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

bro switch is gonna be doing great its outselling the ps5 and x-series they ain't gonna hold anything back bro

cringe

ProtossRushX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By ProtossRushX
Member since 2007 • 8860 Posts

@Litchie said:
@ProtossRushX said:

cringe

I'm mainly an apple guy now I don't back anyone if they don't hold back im wrong I really don't care anymore.