Is Infamous: Second Son the Best Looking Game Ever?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GravityX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#701 GravityX
Member since 2013 • 865 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

you arent doing the pc any favors by repeatedly posting witcher screens next to infamous screens lmao. witcher looks horrible next to infamous.

Yeah and with all this uber PC power you think the herms could scrounge up more variety in the screens of different games.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#702  Edited By Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

@GravityX said:

Ryse looks truly next gen, nothing you would expect to see on last gen console.

Infamous looks looks like a higher res GTA with less going on and better much better lighting.

lolz Ryse is so liniar it's practically on rails. That's one of the reasons that PoS scored a 4.

Not quite sure how you think that sub fullHD PoS can compare with PS4 games. Maybe you smoke crack?

GravityX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#704  Edited By GravityX

@Pray_to_me: Ah yes , resort to profanity because that's all you can do. Ryse looking better than your 1080p game at 900p is ok, it's not the end of the world,

Continue with your irrational troll hating.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#705  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:

@evildead6789: I know what your saying about how the effects on Crysis 3 were tweaked down for the consoles, but none of those effects were part of the fundamental code of the game. Crysis 3 PC is not as graphically advanced as ISS and to say that GTA IV modded is better graphics is really silly and uninformed of you to be honest. The one thing GTA IV has on ISS is dynamic lighting (night and day cycles in real time). However, to be fair, the console version of GTA IV has night and day cycles and infamous games never did anyway (I call lazy devs there). What I am trying to say is that those 'tweaks' you mentioned on Crysis 3 are not a fundamental to the game, sure it looks much better with them on but it's the same game as the Xbox 360 version and there is no fundamental difference at machine code level. It's a compromise. Animations are more advanced on ISS or Ryse because they are true next gen and use far more polygons around the mouth and eyes of their character models than any game on PC. On top of that, every object they put in the ISS city from Air vents to lanterns etc are made with more geometry because the PS4 will let it and they don't have to worry about redesigning a lower resolution model for the PS3/360.

Crysis 3 has so many compromises that would not exist if it was a full PC exclusive, It isn't next gen at it's core. You can't just rip away the particle effects in the main characters in ISS like you could the textures in any game because it's in the core code of the game and would not even be considered being attempted if it was a multi platform (PS3/360) release also, because last gen consoles just couldn't hack it. For a start, every single object on screen would have to be redesigned because as a whole, the last gen consoles would not be able to display that many polygons on screen at once. Random objects in Crysis 3 PC have the same polygon count as the console version (with the exception on tessellated rocks and trees which aren't really real object geometry, it's an addon that sits on top of the original object model).

Now Despite of what I've being saying, Infamous SS really doesn't deliver on all fronts. Water detail in the sea is early 360 era graphics at best, really out of place. And the texture draw distance in buildings can be a real eye sore. These are an example of the limitations of the PS4's current optimization level (well the draw distance at least). This is where PC shines (as well as Crysis 3). There tends to be less of an upper limit in draw distance on PC games because devs know that eventually the PC hardware will be able to handle it and users can adjust to suit their hardware. But to be honest, with 8gb of gddr5 ram, they should have been able to load lots of shit into memory if they used it right, after all that is the big advantage of consoles, the 100% access to the hardware that PC's just don't have.

Here's what I mean about Crysis 3...

http://tinyurl.com/myd2tts

Crysis 3 may well look amazing with it's fantastic art work and high res textures, lighting and the like, and it may well be better looking to the average users eye (it is in my opinion as well), but I also know that Infamous Second Son, while not excelling on every front, it still is more advanced than Crysis 3 on a fundamental level (sick of that word now lol).

I could well make a list of what each game does better like how foliage and water is eons ahead on Crysis 3, but that has been the same with every game ever anyway. We are decades away from realistic everything where art style all merges in to one and water looks like real water on every game and rocks and people etc. But my point is that games do different things good but the PS4 has allowed developers to create an open world with unprecedented detail in some areas with amazing particle effects running in unison. I still think the peds have better AI in GTA San Andreas but since when did an infamous like genre of game excel in any of those areas anyway.

As for the ashamed to be a PC gamer thing. A bit corny on my part to be honest. Sorry.

Increasing particle effects is hardly a fundamental level. The character models yes but that's just a matter of choice. They sacrificied stuff for this in terms of shadowing and lightning. Which is in a way going backwards and when it comes to character models then infamous isn't the best looking game, it's ryse.

It's not like lightning and shadowing are not part of the core code, the tweaks to make it run better on slower hardware is the extra code not the other way around.

But I understand what you're trying to say, this level of detail on character models has not been done on previous gen games (allthough we've already seen it in demos).

It's kinda normal though they trying to find a way in the middle, they're not going to start with this kind of detail on character models on multiplatform games when the x360 and ps3 can only run them if you have to make sacrificies that are not defendable anymore. Once a model is made it's a lot more work to let this run on slower system than for instance lowering the shadowing , lighting or texture resolution. They would basically have to make two models.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#706 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

Are people still arguing about this shit in here? For god sakes, infamous look good but not $2000 pc good. Hell games from 4-5 years ago shit all over infamous. Metro 2033 would be one of them, any games form the crysis series would do it too. Open world games, like sleeping dogs look better IMO, and you can even mod that game to look better then it's base game. Anyone arguing that the pc isn't putting out better graphics then a $400 dollar console either hasn't ever seen a high end pc running at higher then 1080p or is simply trolling for the sake of trolling.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#707 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

I like how this thread is still going on. Everybody still posting is only repeating everything that was already said on page 2.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#709 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO: No joke. ...

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#710 Ribstaylor1

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

I like how this thread is still going on. Everybody still posting is only repeating everything that was already said on page 2.

Ya I never understand these threads myself. Everyone posts screen shots of games that are usually compressed or fucked with in some photo editor. Then there are the gifs...... Why anyone post gifs of a game as proof or evidence of anything is beyond me. It's kind of funny though to watch people who don't know what they are talking about try to act like they know what they are talking about.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#713  Edited By commander

@scottpsfan14 said:

@evildead6789: Don't use PC frame rates for graphics cards to work out PS4 performance. Totally incomparable. PS4 will not perform on par with a 7850. It would if the game was half assed and unoptimized, but you can hit the hardware far far more effectively with a console than a PC. The Witcher 2 would run maxed out 1080p on PS4 if they ported it with out a doubt and would totally out perform the more powerful GTX 580 for instance. It's a really badly optimized game on PC, never mind consoles. PS4 performances are not to be directly compared to the equivalent PC for that reason. Listen to what devs say and you will know the score my friend. Planetside 2 performs a bit iffy on max settings with a 680, (a much more powerful gpu than PS4 and I have this card). The Dev clearly states that the PS4 runs Planetside 2 full speed maxed out and he also clearly states how he done it and says it's because it was heavily optimized for one set of hardware and as a result, it successfully runs at full speed 1080p maxed out. Straight from the horses mouth.

skip to 7:20 onwards to see what i'm saying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPr8ia-cZOw

It's not because they optimize the game for the ps4 that that changes anything to the power available.This is not a ps3 or x360 game that's then ported to the pc. The consoles have now x 86 cpu's. The shared gddr5 can be easier for games but amd has already released tools so that the gpu has to communicate less with the cpu (amd mantle) so in these cases in doesn't have to use the shared gddr5.

Even then, the cpu's in a pc are also a lot faster and faster system memory hardly does anything when you go above 1333 mhz. The ps4 is basically just a pc with some tweaks, it doesn't have any vector shaders or anything. The xbox one has something special with the esram but since the ps4 is already practically the same as a pc, the porting will done to the xboxone and not the other way around but that porting is nowhere near what was needed to go from the hd twins to the pc.

Planetside 2 has been released end 2012 and optimizations are already released, you can also tweak the game yourself and that's exactly what the ps4 will do as well, it says it will have the same as the ultra settings and it will probably be very close because a hd 7850 can basically already run this at ultra, with a couple of tweaks it will have 30 fps, and that's exactly what the ps4 will do, 30 fps at 1080p , or even 1000p

This was a salesguy talking lol

A hd 7850 is a bit slower than the hd r9 270 and it get's here 40 fps average on 1920 x 1200. A bit scraping off on the view distance on the resolution will hardly be noticable, or even shadows or something , they won't have to do much and it will hardly be noticable, the salesman said ultra settings and he's very close.

As for your gtx 680, maybe you should have installed the latest patch because the gtx 680 is faster than gtx 760 and here it get's 57 fps on 1900 x 1200.

I don't know what you're trying to do actually,

in love with sony?

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#714 Ribstaylor1

@scottpsfan14 said:

@evildead6789: Just Imagine a linear next gen game ported to PC with new effects that the 800 series cards allows us to use. Thats when PC will truly take it's rightful place as graphics king where people like me couldn't argue otherwise.

There isn't any grounds for arguing about it even now with the 700 and r9 series of cards out. The fact people even are is astounding.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#715  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Infamous SS is a good looking game and easily one of the best out there as of right now, that's a fact. Denying that is just ignorance.

Is it the best looking game out here? Nah. That's just too subjective. It's not the most technically advanced game out there that's for sure. Crysis 3 on full blast on the PC is more technically advanced and so is Battlefield 4. However technical prowess only gets you so far. It comes down to how you combine your tech along with the art to produce the final picture and in that respect Infamous SS is an amazing looking game and easily one of the best looking we've ever seen.

That won't last long though. Many big titles coming along on the next gen consoles and PC which will push the boundaries even further.

Star Citizen is really going to be the show stopper. They are going to render an unprecedented amount of detail. The artwork and the advacements that Crytek has made to the CryEngine 3 are going to combine to be the best looking video game ever made by quite a bit. Characters have over 100k polygons and ships have anywhere from 200,000 to 1 million and Crytek is changing the engine to allow even more to be rendered. That's just pure polygon count and doesn't take into consideration any of the advancements in lighting, shading and texturing that the CryEngine 3 has. Physical based rendering is going to make each scene feel far more realistic than anything we've ever seen before.

There are other titles too like Witcher 3 which are going to be mindblowing in terms of technical graphics.

This whole "best looking game" argument is completely pointless as in the end the viewpoints are subjective. Objectively you can look at how much detail is being rendered, the resolution, the framerate, the shading, the lighting, the amount of polygons, and all of the technical details. However you can have an extremely technically advanced game that just does not look right because the way they tied everything together just doesn't work. Characters with billions of polygons can be ruined instantly by improper lighting and shadows, entire scenes can look like absolute shit if the colors aren't natural and the surfaces don't look right.

Art and technical capabilities have to come together just right to make a fantastic looking game. A perfect example of this is Mario Kart 8. That game looks amazing. It's not breaking any technical boundaries but it's got a decent level of tech that compliments the art style perfect. The end result is one impressive looking game despite being on the weakest platform.

Side note: nearly everything looks better when you downsize a picture or a GIF. You're compressing multiple pixels into one which better brings out the color and hides graphical flaws much better. You're packing a lot of detail into smaller dimensions. Throwing up GIFs as comparison material means jack shit. You can hide a lot of artifacts and errors when you downsize pictures or videos.

Hell that's the whole idea behind supersampling. It's expensive but it produces a much better picture. Render something in 4k or higher and then squeeze all of that detail into a 1920x1080 picture and you'll basically eliminate most of the artifacts and weird things that are found in even the best real time rendering as well as render a lot more detail in the same dimensions. In the future nobody will be using AA techniques, we'll just be supersampling as it's way better than AA but far more expensive.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#718  Edited By scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

Certain Hermits in this thread want to STFU and stop making us good Hermits look bad...

I run a 5Ghz 3770k, 8 Gb RAM and a monster graphics card set-up and while I don't own a PS4 I've played the first ~30 minutes of Infamous on my brothers PS4 and..

Infamous > Crysis 1 ( In certain way's it still looks amazing but in stock form it really shows it age now )

Infamous > The Witcher 2 ( The Witcher 2 is not impressive at all and I don't get why people make a big fuss of it )

Infamous > GTA 4 ( Comparing modded GTA 4 when GTA 4 is a such a complete fucking ball ache to mod is stupid, honestly I've never known a more retarded game to MOD )

Infamous > Skyrim ( Same as above, a complex modding method that's stupid, Atleast with Crysis mods it's literally a drag and drop affair )

Now there are games that look better, Batttlefield 4, Crysis 3, Metro Last Light.... And a few others but Infamous is easily in the top 10 best looking games ever.

Avatar image for Sharp-Shooter89
Sharp-Shooter89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#719 Sharp-Shooter89
Member since 2012 • 128 Posts
Loading Video...

Even 2003 Doom 3 looks great with mods!

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#721 commander

@scatteh316 said:

Certain Hermits in this thread want to STFU and stop making us good Hermits look bad...

I run a 5Ghz 3770k, 8 Gb RAM and a monster graphics card set-up and while I don't own a PS4 I've played the first ~30 minutes of Infamous on my brothers PS4 and..

Infamous > Crysis 1 ( In certain way's it still looks amazing but in stock form it really shows it age now )

Infamous > The Witcher 2 ( The Witcher 2 is not impressive at all and I don't get why people make a big fuss of it )

Infamous > GTA 4 ( Comparing modded GTA 4 when GTA 4 is a such a complete fucking ball ache to mod is stupid, honestly I've never known a more retarded game to MOD )

Infamous > Skyrim ( Same as above, a complex modding method that's stupid, Atleast with Crysis mods it's literally a drag and drop affair )

Now there are games that look better, Batttlefield 4, Crysis 3, Metro Last Light.... And a few others but Infamous is easily in the top 10 best looking games ever.

a gtx 680 isn't monster

and relax...

like wasdie said a lot of this stuff is subjective.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#722 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

@evildead6789 said:

@scatteh316 said:

a gtx 680 isn't monster

and relax...

like wasdie said a lot of this stuff is subjective.

I've never owned a 680..... That would be incredibly slow compared to what GPU's I've had/run

Primordialous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#723  Edited By Primordialous
Member since 2012 • 1313 Posts

@evildead6789 said:

@scatteh316 said:

a gtx 680 isn't monster

It's pretty damn good.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#724  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

Honestly, Infamous:Second Son hardly looks any better than modded GTA IV running on my 3-4 year-old PC:

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#725 commander

@Primordialous said:

@evildead6789 said:

@scatteh316 said:

a gtx 680 isn't monster

It's pretty damn good.

Don't exagerrate

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#726  Edited By deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

no

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#727  Edited By kalipekona
Member since 2003 • 2492 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:

@evildead6789: Which is what I was saying really. Of course Crysis 3 does things better. Crytek >>>>>>>>>> Sucker Punch as graphics artists. But about the particle effects not being fundamental, It is in the sense that there is no alternative model or effect for those particles and is not something you would toggle on and off on a PC game for instance because it is a low level specialized effect that is necessary to the character unlike shadow detail, or texture quality. It's not the amount of paricles, it's how they are used. It would be less fundamental if it was used for a building falling down or dust etc, but if it's used for the main chaacter and cut scenes as part of the plot like in ISS, then it obviously was part of the plan to code those effects as detailed and as low level as possible (Unlike going into an ini file and typing 'x' amount of particles), thats just random generated, unplanned junk in comparison. Have no doubt that PC will dazzle us all with both next gen ports and exclusives in these few years to come, but ISS shows us what to expect by a technical stand point at least. Just Imagine a linear next gen game ported to PC with new effects that the 800 series cards allows us to use. Thats when PC will truly take it's rightful place as graphics king where people like me couldn't argue otherwise.

I'm sorry, but this is completely absurd and reveals how clueless you are when it comes to graphics technology.

You're really trying to claim that particle effects are not scalable or that they couldn't be replaced with a lower quality effect just as easily as any of the things I listed that are different between Crysis 3 on PC and console?

Get real. Infamous Second Son could definitely be downgraded to run on the PS3. There is nothing that would have to fundamentally change about the game that would make it not possible. And no matter how much nonsense you type it's not going to change the fact that the PC version of Crysis 3 is a more graphically advanced game that uses cutting edge graphics techniques that are not present in ISS.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#728  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I think it's only fair to prefix the pc games shown here with "modded" if mods were used. Crysis especially. The mods for it don't mean dick if they didn't fix its warts which are many of the non-foliage/water objects in the first half of the game. The quality and lighting of the shacks and buildings early in the game were simply terrible.

Part of what I consider as a requirement for graphics king is not just the best looking parts and effects, but also the warts (aka flaws). The fewer warts, the better. Then, there's the size of the game world to consider. I think ISS is definitely a strong contender for the crown. I mean ISS is very close if not already wearing the crown. Only Crysis 3 at its max can counter and even then, it too has its flaws.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#729 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Hermits still grasping? Lol.

Yknow what, that's not entirely fair, there's some smart ones here. the moron pulling screens of witcher 2 isn't among them.

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#730  Edited By kalipekona

@jun_aka_pekto said:

I think it's only fair to prefix the pc games shown here with "modded" if mods were used. Crysis especially. The mods for it don't mean dick if they didn't fix its warts which are many of the non-foliage/water objects in the first half of the game. The quality and lighting of the shacks and buildings early in the game were simply terrible.

Part of what I consider as a requirement for graphics king is not just the best looking parts and effects, but also the warts (aka flaws). The fewer warts, the better. Then, there's the size of the game world to consider. I think ISS is definitely a strong contender for the crown. I mean ISS is very close if not already wearing the crown. Only Crysis 3 at its max can counter and even then, it too has its flaws.

All games have flaws though. This is what I find annoying about the way certain people are trying to downplay some of the PC games mentioned. I own Infamous SS and although it is a very beautiful game overall it certainly has warts too: low res textures in places, geometry pop-in, fairly aggressive LOD, poor quality water, lack of dynamic shadows for many or most light sources, some poorly modeled/low poly objects, etc. And currently I don't like the juddery unlocked framerate. I'm glad they will be releasing a patch to allow for capping the framerate at 30fps.

Look, I don't agree with those trying to say ISS isn't impressive. It is a very impressive game. I enjoy the visuals a lot. I simply don't agree with the claim that it is the best looking game ever. It's one of them though.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#731  Edited By Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

I just recently purchased crysis 3 to see what all the fuss is about.

all I can say is ...wow...videos do not do it justice, you have to see it for yourself.

Ive seen infamous at my mates house and yes it looks okay, but you would expect it to on next gen hardware.

But there is no way that cows, who keep banging on about how great their games look, have ever played crysis 3 maxed out at 60fps. If they did they wouldn't create such stupid threads as this.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#732 m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

my 780ti cant get 60 fps when u start adding AA, but ive seen plenty of crysis 3.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#733  Edited By Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

my 780ti cant get 60 fps when u start adding AA, but ive seen plenty of crysis 3.

.....what and you still think infamous looks better?

Gamerno66666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#734 Gamerno66666
Member since 2013 • 175 Posts

LOL. the mighty butthurts from both side of this thread is astonishing.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#735  Edited By m3dude1

@Evo_nine said:

@m3dude1 said:

yes, along with kz and ryse

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#736  Edited By kalipekona

@m3dude1 said:

@Evo_nine said:

@m3dude1 said:

yes, along with kz and ryse

And you'd be wrong. Unless you are only talking about a sort of subjective artistic appreciation.

displayy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#737  Edited By displayy
Member since 2014 • 31 Posts

@Jag85 said:

Honestly, Infamous:Second Son hardly looks any better than modded GTA IV running on my 3-4 year-old PC:

Nah , Infamous just looks better...Not to mention , no matter how much modding you do , you're still stuck with the same character models... It's not your fault , blame it on rockstar.

This is what a modded Niko bellic looks like....(compared next to infamous)

VS

Hell , let's take one of the pics you posted... Such as this one...

VS

Here's another modded GTA IV...

VS

As for that other guy who said that Ryse looks way better than Infamous...

Hey , we can all play that little game...It's easy to pick cutscenes/cinematic pictures to prove your point....I'm not denying it. Ryse looks amazing. And crytek always does a terrific job with its charatcer models...

But let's compare what's comparable shall we ?

RYSE cut/scene

VS Infamous Cut/scene

RYSE , in-game

Infamous , In-game (and keep in mind , this one is "open world")

RYSE close up during In-game / combo attack

Infamous close-up during in-game karma attack

RYSE - Random close-up on character (in game)

Infamous - random close-up (in-game)

Ryse- cinematic / cut scene

Infamous cinematic / cut scene

One other guy said that Infamous second son was not even a top 30 in the graphics department...Really ? Who are you kidding ?....Give your list already !

I think you're all deluded...All of you. PC , PS4 , Xbone gamers... None of you guys are reasonable...

In the PS4 camp , one guy claims that Infamous is "the best looking game ever"...(which is insane , better yet , there's no such thing as the best "ever" , since there's constant competition , and new games being developped every year)

In the PC camp...Apparently , the vibe i'm getting is "meh..mediocre at best".. Really ?

Infamous is certainly not the best looking game ever. But really , how much of a hypocrite do you have to be, to deny how great this action/adventure/open world game looks?

Is it just because you're all butthurt because of one guy's hyperbole ?...

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#738  Edited By applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

@displayy said:

While that looks awesome. My one complaint is how come whenever there is a reflection in a mirror or glass everything reflects except the player? Seems odd. Other than that I really liked the game.

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#739 applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

Personally, I can only go by what my eyes tell me. And that is that in most places in the game, inFamous SS is the best looking title on any console to date. As far as compared to the juggernauts on the PC? I think that depends on many factors, with one of those being subjectivity, which is one that even after 15 pages on here, no one can overcome.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#740  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

@scatteh316 said:

Uh, how is Skyrim a "complex modding method?" Almost all the mods I've used for it work simply by unpacking into the folder, correcting load order, and activating on the startup menu, not much fuss at all. Unless you go for the super awesome mods requiring SKSE, but even that is much easier to use now thanks to shit like mod managers.

id_mew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#741 id_mew
Member since 2007 • 608 Posts

I play mostly on PC with a gtx 680 4gig and an i7 3770k and a 1440p monitor.

Currently I'm playing Infamous on PS4 and I have to say that this game has impressed me a lot in term of graphics and i'm only playing it on a 720p LCD tv.

The lights, reflections and the AA used are remarkable for a console. It doesn't matter what graphic card you have, in the end it's how devs use and optimise the game to take advantage of the hardware.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#742  Edited By Pray_to_me

I don't know why Hermits are in here posting graphs n shit. The point is not that PS4 is more powerful than PC, (even though according to Steam Stats it is more powerful than 90% of the PCs out there). PC can be infinitely powerful. It can be as powerful as however much money you want to throw at it.

The point is that Infamous: Second Son is graphically more advanced than PS360 ports like Skyrim and Crysis 3 for one reason: polygon count. Yes anti-aliasing, tessellation, lighting effects, etc is important and can profoundly improve how a game looks.

Here is Final Fantasy 12 on PS2

And here it is on on PC

Clearly, obviously, the superior resolution and aliasing have drastically improved the look of the game. And yet it still falls short when compared to FF13:

Because Final Fantasy 12 is a PS2 game and you could bump the resolution to 4k, apply 16X anti aliasing, whatever it would still look like a blocky PS2 game. To compete with FF13 graphically, the environments, characters, the entire game essentially would need to be remade.

The same is true for those Crysis and Skyrim Mods. You're basically just slapping new textures over PS360 titles. Second Son is an actual next gen game doing what Crysis 3 does and an infinitely greater scale.

You PC might be "2 billion times more powerful than a PS4 and takes a super ultra dump all over it times infinity" or whatever hyperbolic rhetoric you want to use but you're still playing last gen ports. Titles designed first and foremost to run on Xbox 360 and PS3.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#743 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts

@Pray_to_me said:

I don't know why Hermits are in here posting graphs n shit. The point is not that PS4 is more powerful than PC, (even though according to Steam Stats it is more powerful than 90% of the PCs out there). PC can be infinitely powerful. It can be as powerful as however much money you want to throw at it.

The point is that Infamous: Second Son is graphically more advanced than PS360 ports like Skyrim and Crysis 3 for one reason: polygon count. Yes anti-aliasing, tessellation, lighting effects, etc is important and can profoundly improve how a game looks.

Here is Final Fantasy 12 on PS2

And here it is on on PC

Clearly, obviously, the superior resolution and aliasing have drastically improved the look of the game. And yet it still falls short when compared to FF13:

Because Final Fantasy 12 is a PS2 game and you could bump the resolution to 4k, apply 16X anti aliasing, whatever it would still look like a blocky PS2 game. To compete with FF13 graphically, the environments, characters, the entire game essentially would need to be remade.

The same is true for those Crysis and Skyrim Mods. You're basically just slapping new textures over PS360 titles. Second Son is an actual next gen game doing what Crysis 3 does and an infinitely greater scale.

You PC might be "2 billion times more powerful than a PS4 and takes a super ultra dump all over it times infinity" or whatever hyperbolic rhetoric you want to use but you're still playing last gen ports. Titles designed first and foremost to run on Xbox 360 and PS3.

Half life 2 was on the first Xbox, and the modded PC version easily looks better than any game released in the first year of the 360/ps3.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#744  Edited By m3dude1

This is like ps360 gen all over again. to this day most of the clowns here say half life 2 and doom 3 look better than any ps360 game. now thats changed to lovely statements like "mirrors edge stomps anything the ps4 can do"

GravityX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#745  Edited By GravityX

I have questions.

How big or comparable are the maps for GTAV and Infamous Second Son?

Can you enter buildings in Infamous:SS? And if you can,is it without loading screens?

How does the city feel? Does it feel empty or alive with pedestrians?

Can you drive vehicles in Infamous:SS?

Does Infamous have co-op?

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#746  Edited By Pray_to_me

@ferret-gamer said:

@Pray_to_me said:

I don't know why Hermits are in here posting graphs n shit. The point is not that PS4 is more powerful than PC.

Half life 2 was on the first Xbox, and the modded PC version easily looks better than any game released in the first year of the 360/ps3.

Nah.

The geometry is just too blocky to compare with say Uncharted 1 (released within a year of PS3)

Better textures and resolution sure. But you cant hide that low poly count.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#747  Edited By deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts

@Pray_to_me said:

@ferret-gamer said:

@Pray_to_me said:

I don't know why Hermits are in here posting graphs n shit. The point is not that PS4 is more powerful than PC.

Nah.

The geometry is just too blocky to compare with say Uncharted 1 (released within a year of PS3)

Better textures and resolution sure. But you cant hide that low poly count.

You do realize that plenty of games have mods that increase poly counts in the meshes? Uncharted 1 may be better than modded HL2 in some ways, but still behind in others, and it is probably the only games from those times on consoles that can compete. Modded HL2 is far superior to the majority of games that were on the ps360 at the time.

Example in how much higher mesh density HL2 can get modded

Compare to Resistance Fall of man for example

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#748  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@GravityX said:

I have questions.

How big or comparable are the maps for GTAV and Infamous Second Son?

Can you enter buildings in Infamous:SS? And if you can,is it without loading screens?

How does the city feel? Does it feel empty or alive with pedestrians?

Can you drive vehicles in Infamous:SS?

Does Infamous have co-op?

What is with this obsession? Does superman drive a car? Does the Hulk get on a bus?

lmfao. Yet somehow infamous is a lesser open world because of it. I absolutely love this nitpicky bullshit.

Better yet, Gta V isn't even on PC.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#749 Pray_to_me

But when resistance fall of man came out in 2006 half life 2 looked like this:

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#750  Edited By m3dude1

the version of fake factory you are using for comparison wasnt even out during the first year, or 2, or 3, or 4, or 5 even. it came out during the 6th or 7th year(depending on what console you are using for comparison), so why are you comparing it to year 1 of console releases? and even with that 6 to 7 years of mod work, uncharted 1(and maybe even the first gears) still beats it