Is Infamous: Second Son the Best Looking Game Ever?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#601  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@kalipekona said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

It aint enough that we get to play on our platform of choice, gotta kick and scream bout 7th gen game mods and post screens of witcher 2 ta feel moist.

But ig'nore dat low polycount tho, But ig'nore dat inconsistency. Fo as long as it's on PC it'll be da best ta me.

Postin ENB, gta 4 posin like a graphics whore and pics of Skyrim is what I consider fun, but it's plain to see as clear as day dat Sony got up in my bum.

It's clear you have Sony up your bum, you don't need to remind us.

Choppin' these pc masterbates up like a head chef. It's just too damn easy.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#602  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@evildead6789 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@evildead6789 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@evildead6789 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@melonfarmerz said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@evildead6789 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Hermits talking about bugs when They champion Skyrim, LOL.

The comedy just doesn't end, I love this place.

the comedy is on you , i don't know whoever championed skyrim but that isn't the graphics king

And it's comparing a medieval setting with a modern city, seems kinda weird

It's called selective reading.

Edit: Lmao Hermit Lonely Race jerking it to pixelated ass, what's new about this someone please tell me? Don't forget to load the horse cock mod up next.

Just out of curiosity, do you own a decent PC? With the points you've been raising, I really doubt it.

I'm not going to lie, SS is probably one of the best looking games at the moment but what the hell do you expect? It came out a few weeks ago. The fact that games like Skyrim and Crysis, 2 or more years old, come close to it, says something about the quality of PC gaming. Believe me, in 1 year, with consoles staying stagnant, the gap between PC and console is going to open up again.

And no, those last gen Console ports are just not holding up to infamous. I'm sure we'll see a gap in the future tho, but right now the Ps4's a serious contender.

lol the gtx 580 is just as weak as the ps4's gpu lol

My 200$ card of last year beats the crap out of it.

I'm able to max nearly everything I play on it.

I'm not interested in your sad attempt to justify your penis size.

Sure you are, I know what the gtx 580 can do and your system is gpu wise not much better than the ps4. I'm not saying my system is the king either, but my 200$ card that i bought last year is still better than that gtx 580. Someone that recently did a moderate gpu upgrade lately is miles ahead of your gtx 580. I just hope for you that you didn't buy that gtx 580 new, because you're not very smart when it comes to upgrading then. You should have sold it when the 6 series came out.

First you're saying infamous is the graphics king, now you're saying it's a good contender. It's just good in particles , and it's a bit better in character modelling that we've seen lately (apart from ryse then) but nothing spectacular especailly when you look all the rest. Apart from that, it's an openworld game in a city and you can't even drive a fuckin car lol.

You can max everything , yeah right. You're a joke dude, you suddenly realize you're full of BS and then you start talking about my penis size.

you dumb?

My 580 which you're so hung up on is around 3 years old now, I got it for a song.

Sorry but you're coming off as extremely hilarious, it runs my games great max to near max settings, there's simply no need to upgrade right now.

Driving a car effects the open world now? lul.

No but you are obviously lacking some chromosomes. I didn't know that the penis comment would be such a hard hitting issue for you, that's gotta suck.

Sure you have, then you must have bought it second handed, and three years ago? that card wasn't that cheap back then. It was released in november 2010. That's 3,5 years ago. You picked it up for a song? You sound more and more ridiculous by the minute.

The gtx 580 can't run games maxed out that were released lately. It can hardly max out metro 2033.

Far cry 3 would simply smoke your card when you start at 1080p. Maybe without AA you can max it out and get 30 fps and then dip into the twenties and tens in firefights

But that's not maxing out

I actually maxed out farcry 3, of course I left the AA around 2-4x, sometimes I turned it off because I found I really didn't need it the game didn't really have Jaggy issues. and the lowest drop I got was around 40fps. It was mostly 60fps and very playable.

Are you done crying yet?

You're also assuming I don't OC. I'm really pretty much done justifying myself to you. Just don't PM me.

Sure you left the AA off because you had frame rate issues. Benchmarks show 30 ish framerates on 1080p with framerates dips that may be playable for you but not for everyone here.

I'm sure you won't be maxing out gta IV liberty city stories, metro series or crysis 3. Even when you start unlocking things in the ini files in crysis 1 you will start to struggle.

You start whining about crysis 3 and you can barely run it maxed out. At ultra settings you would get 29 fps average, you can argue all you want, that's not enough.

Even if you oc, your still grasping for straws if you start cranking up the settings.

I'm not even talking about modding.

Why would i pm you lol, I don't care about you

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#603  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@evildead6789 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@evildead6789 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@evildead6789 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@evildead6789 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@melonfarmerz said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@evildead6789 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

the comedy is on you , i don't know whoever championed skyrim but that isn't the graphics king

Edit: Lmao Hermit Lonely Race jerking it to pixelated ass, what's new about this someone please tell me? Don't forget to load the horse cock mod up next.

Just out of curiosity, do you own a decent PC? With the points you've been raising, I really doubt it.

I'm not going to lie, SS is probably one of the best looking games at the moment but what the hell do you expect? It came out a few weeks ago. The fact that games like Skyrim and Crysis, 2 or more years old, come close to it, says something about the quality of PC gaming. Believe me, in 1 year, with consoles staying stagnant, the gap between PC and console is going to open up again.

And no, those last gen Console ports are just not holding up to infamous. I'm sure we'll see a gap in the future tho, but right now the Ps4's a serious contender.

Sure you are, I know what the gtx 580 can do and your system is gpu wise not much better than the ps4. I'm not saying my system is the king either, but my 200$ card that i bought last year is still better than that gtx 580. Someone that recently did a moderate gpu upgrade lately is miles ahead of your gtx 580. I just hope for you that you didn't buy that gtx 580 new, because you're not very smart when it comes to upgrading then. You should have sold it when the 6 series came out.

First you're saying infamous is the graphics king, now you're saying it's a good contender. It's just good in particles , and it's a bit better in character modelling that we've seen lately (apart from ryse then) but nothing spectacular especailly when you look all the rest. Apart from that, it's an openworld game in a city and you can't even drive a fuckin car lol.

You can max everything , yeah right. You're a joke dude, you suddenly realize you're full of BS and then you start talking about my penis size.

you dumb?

My 580 which you're so hung up on is around 3 years old now, I got it for a song.

Sorry but you're coming off as extremely hilarious, it runs my games great max to near max settings, there's simply no need to upgrade right now.

No but you are obviously lacking some chromosomes. I didn't know that the penis comment would be such a hard hitting issue for you, that's gotta suck.

Sure you have, then you must have bought it second handed, and three years ago? that card wasn't that cheap back then. It was released in november 2010. That's 3,5 years ago. You picked it up for a song? You sound more and more ridiculous by the minute.

The gtx 580 can't run games maxed out that were released lately. It can hardly max out metro 2033.

Far cry 3 would simply smoke your card when you start at 1080p. Maybe without AA you can max it out and get 30 fps and then dip into the twenties and tens in firefights

I actually maxed out farcry 3, of course I left the AA around 2-4x, sometimes I turned it off because I found I really didn't need it the game didn't really have Jaggy issues. and the lowest drop I got was around 40fps. It was mostly 60fps and very playable.

Are you done crying yet?

You're also assuming I don't OC. I'm really pretty much done justifying myself to you. Just don't PM me.

Sure you left the AA off because you had frame rate issues. Benchmarks show 30 ish framerates on 1080p with framerates dips that may be playable for you but not for everyone here.

I'm sure you won't be maxing out gta IV liberty city stories, metro series or crysis 3. Even when you start unlocking things in the ini files in crysis 1 you will start to struggle.

You start whining about crysis 3 and you can barely run it maxed out. At ultra settings you would get 29 fps average, you can argue all you want, that's not enough.

I already played all those games, had just fine performance, maxed out GTA also.

Keep up your nitpicking, I find it hilarious.

Eh, Idk bro I'm pretty sure you have developed some feelings for me. lol.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#604 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

Cows circle jerk still going on? Still waiting for them to provide me with a single thing it has over Crysis 2 technically. So far all their stupid claims have been debunked, funny no sony drone commented over their ownage or try to refute what I posted.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#605  Edited By commander

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@evildead6789 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@evildead6789 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@evildead6789 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@evildead6789 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@melonfarmerz said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@evildead6789 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

you dumb?

Are you done crying yet?

I already played all those games, had just fine performance, maxed out GTA also.

Keep up your nitpicking, I find it hilarious.

I'm so sure, that's why you won't let up. lol.

29 fps average is hardly playable.

24 fps is not playable and this is 4 x AA, 8 x AA is still better

A gtx 680 can do 31 fps here, it smokes the gtx 580 by far, still you can max it out...

You play the the witcher 2 on these settings for a while and your card simply goes up in smoke. You're talking about overclocking but we all know the heating issues on the gtx 580.

As for gta IV, there are no benchmarks that max it out because at the time of release no system could handle it completely, same with crysis 1 unlocked. AA you also have to enable on your card itself, no one was even thinking about that back in the day because it was already a system hog, same with crysis 1.

I can't max it out but you can? Same for dayz, arma III? I'm not talking about mods either

Infamous may look like a nice game, but graphics king? There are so many things you can do with the pc and there's so much power available that the ps4 will never go past that.

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#606  Edited By Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

Lems and herms are in a state of total disarray and befuddlement. Sony has struck a killing blow with ISS, the best looking game of all time ever.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#607  Edited By commander

@Master_ShakeXXX said:

Lems and herms are in a state of total disarray and befuddlement. Sony has struck a killing blow with ISS, the best looking game of all time ever.

Sure thing, If we really want to push it maybe we should bring out a couple of titans with a 4 k tv lol

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#608 ReadingRainbow4

@Master_ShakeXXX said:

It's really something isn't it.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#609 zeeshanhaider

@Master_ShakeXXX said:

Yup, killing blow with a game that has no shadows, sub 30 fps, crappy draw distance, no SSAO/SSDO, low resolution textures.Looks like 900pStation is living up to its name to me.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#610  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@evildead6789 said:

A gtx 680 can do 31 fps here, it smokes the gtx 580 by far, still you can max it out...

You play the the witcher 2 on these settings for a while and your card simply goes up in smoke. You're talking about overclocking but we all know the heating issues on the gtx 580.

As for gta IV, there are no benchmarks that max it out because at the time of release no system could handle it completely, same with crysis 1 unlocked. AA you also have to enable on your card itself, no one was even thinking about that back in the day because it was already a system hog, same with crysis 1.

I can't max it out but you can? Same for dayz, arma III? I'm not talking about mods either

Infamous may look like a nice game, but graphics king? There are so many things you can do with the pc and there's so much power available that the ps4 will never go past that.

I don't believe I ever said I was running the witcher 2 with uber sampling on, That shits just ridiculous on performance with a small payoff, even then on my rig I still maintained a 30frames average with that, lol. Your benchmarks are really flawed.

By maxed out I meant everything besides AA and TressFX you fucking moron.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#611  Edited By zeeshanhaider

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@evildead6789 said:

I don't believe I ever said I was running the witcher 2 with uber sampling on, That shits just ridiculous on performance with a small payoff, even then on my rig I still maintained a 30frames average with that, lol. Your benchmarks are really flawed.

I don't remember Witcher 2 having TressFX. You sure you played Witcher 2? And you sound mad, sony drone.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#612  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@zeeshanhaider said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@evildead6789 said:

I don't remember Witcher 2 having TressFX. You sure you played Witcher 2?

You seriously can't tell I was referring to tombraider?

More annoyed than anything at the massive amount of ignorance constantly being put forth before me. But that's really just part of my daily visit to this forum.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#613 zeeshanhaider

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@evildead6789 said:

Yup, the post you quoted definitely have benchmark about Tomb Raider and that's whole post was about Tomb Raider, right?

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#614  Edited By commander

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@evildead6789 said:

You can force supersampling on your card as well for other games or increase the AA beyond the game levels (allthough 4 x AA isn't even max in a lot of games)

At 1080p it will increase quality simply because you can sharpen everything and this happens also when you increase the resolution as well. I posted this ubersampling because I know you can hardly handle 4 x AA, let alone 8 X AA.

You can call me a moron all you want. The point is once someone with a decent rig starts flexing its muscles it leaves the ps4 up in smoke.

Like I said, infamous does make nice use of particles and it looks all very flashy but the majority of pc gamers that know what a good pc can do

are simply not that impressed. This flashy particle stuff has been done before.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#615  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@zeeshanhaider said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@evildead6789 said:

Yup, the post you quoted definitely have benchmark about Tomb Raider and that's whole post was about Tomb Raider, right?

Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#616  Edited By Master_ShakeXXX

Actually I was more impressed with Tomb Raider Definitive Edition's visuals, to be honest. Dat hair, dat lighting, dat foliage, dat ass. Simply amazing.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#617  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@Master_ShakeXXX said:

Actually I was more impressed with Tomb Raider Definitive Edition's visuals, to be honest. Dat hair, dat lighting, dat foliage, dat ass. Simply amazing.

Same, even if the game was largely shit it sure was pretty.

bfmv2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#618 bfmv2007
Member since 2008 • 292 Posts

Best looking game ever? No. But do we really need 13 pages to show that Infamous: Second Son is the best looking console game to date:P

Just wait, in the next year or two, Infamous will look like poo compared to the games to come. Crytek hasn't even released a game on their newest CryEngine, then you have REDengine 3 that's powering The Witcher 3, and we can't forget the Snowdrop Engine The Division is running on. People saying next gen graphics are weak need to open their eyes.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#619  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@bfmv2007 said:

Best looking game ever? No. But do we really need 13 pages to show that Infamous: Second Son is the best looking console game to date:P

Just wait, in the next year or two, Infamous will look like poo compared to the games to come. Crytek hasn't even released a game on their newest CryEngine, then you have REDengine 3 that's powering The Witcher 3, and we can't forget the Snowdrop Engine The Division is running on. People saying next gen graphics are weak need to open their eyes.

I'm pretty sure TC was strictly referring to games that are already out.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#620 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@bfmv2007 said:

which will be dumbed down on consoles because engines don't do magic and only will be fully appreciated on pc.

Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#621 Master_ShakeXXX

@ReadingRainbow4:

Disagree. As a tps I think it's one of the better ones. Certainly better than Uncharted.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#622  Edited By commander

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@evildead6789 said:

More annoyed than anything at the massive amount of ignorance constantly being put forth before me. But that's really just part of my daily visit to this forum.

If you would realize there's a whole world beyond a gtx 580 then you wouldn't have this problem...

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#623 ReadingRainbow4

@Master_ShakeXXX said:

@ReadingRainbow4:

Disagree. As a tps I think it's one of the better ones. Certainly better than Uncharted.

The only thing I really liked was the bow and arrow, probably one of the most satisfying weapons to use in a game right up there with Far Cry 3's Bow and arrow.

Other than that the pacing was shit, the tomb raiding was garbage containing small dungeons consisting of a few simple puzzles and the metroid like aspects they introduced were so underused and simple that they might as well have never even bothered.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#624 zeeshanhaider

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@evildead6789 said:

Exactly. That's what I say when I read your posts. Anyways, sony drone, still waiting for you to mention a thing your precious 900pStation games have over Crysis 2.

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#625 melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4: for the love of god can you and evil dead not quote the entire argument each time? Lpl

Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#626 Master_ShakeXXX

@ReadingRainbow4:

The tombs were pretty lazy, but they're nothing in comparison to the unparalleled worthlessness of Second Son's side content. Talk about epic half-assing. But I enjoyed the main missions of both. As far as singleplayer games go I think they're the best on PS4 right now.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#627 ReadingRainbow4

@melonfarmerz said:

@ReadingRainbow4: for the love of god can you and evil dead not quote the entire argument each time? Lpl

It's not even an argument, it's just evil moving goal posts.

Anyway, it's been done. Not wasting anymore time.

The_Stand_In

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#628  Edited By The_Stand_In
Member since 2010 • 1179 Posts

TEH NEXT GEN ASSETS! Next gen geometry, textures, lighting.......... oh wait.

Yes, this picture again because I already have it uploaded and it illustrates my following points....

Reality check: It looks good, but not great and certainly not the best ever. Just because it was designed for a "next-gen" console doesn't mean it's automatically superior, even to "last gen" games with "last gen" assets. Look closely at the textures. Are they crisp and clear with lots of detail or are they blurry? They're blurry (granted it's open world and not meant to be seen so close up). Is the geometry very complex/smooth or is it relatively simple and blocky? It's mostly simple and blocky. Is the lighting complex, volumetric, and dynamic with light casting, reflections, and shadows to match or does it rely on prebakery and lack some of those things altogether? It's missing some stuff. No global illumination, no light sources with their own shadows (except certain "spotlights"), poor quality/very basic reflections, hardly any dynamic shadowing, missing lighting and/or shadowing, no AO, the list goes on. Not to mention it runs at a measly sub 60fps.

With all the other great looking games out there (Battlefield 4, Crysis 3, Metro Last Light, Star Citizen) which have equally if not better assets PLUS good textures, complex geometry, and complex lighting/shadows, why should Infamous take the crown as best looking game ever? Who cares if 3 of the 4 games I just mentioned are not exclusive and who cares if they were "last gen" or "cross gen"? It seems to me the Sony fanboys are just flaunting Infamous just because it's their newest exclusive and they'll take any excuse they can get to shoehorn it into a topic about graphics because they think it looks good...

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#629 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

I'm pretty sure TC was strictly referring to games that are already out.

That's the way it should be. Games not yet out should not be counted.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#630 zeeshanhaider

@evildead6789:

Don't worry about ReadingRainbow. He's a die hard sony drone and always tries to deflect the actual argument. See how he disappeared when I asked him about Crysis 2. He's the one who considers Crapzone: Shadow Fail's level design to be awesome. LMAO.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#631 commander

@zeeshanhaider said:

@evildead6789:

Don't worry about ReadingRainbow. He's a die hard sony drone and always tries to deflect the actual argument. See how he disappeared when I asked him about Crysis 2. He's the one who considers Crapzone: Shadow Fail's level design to be awesome. LMAO.

I don't worry about him at all, when i posted those benchmarks there was not much he could say anymore. He's comparing games on his pc, but he can't even max em out.

Then he starts he wasn't talking about AA, like that isn't important lol. Some of these dudes...

I gotta say infamous does look good though but when they start about it's best looking game ever then I love to point them out that no one really can touch the pc. My pc is not really high end but I do know what a high end pc can do. He starts comparing infamous with games on his pc while my pc is stronger and I know I can't max out all the games, so just plain lying when he says he can.

Allthough I can enable tressfx on tombraider lol

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#632  Edited By kalipekona
Member since 2003 • 2492 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:

@Pray_to_me: This is exactly what I try to say to people but they say I'm crazy. They think that a mod makes a game more technically advanced than another. Fundamentally, ISS was designed for PS4, not PS3/360, so the polygon count is much higher as is many other things. Tell that to a PC 'elitist' like 'Primordialous' who's above me, and their brain shuts down and refuses to accept it. They don't get it. Here's what I'm saying, Infamous Second Son is more graphically advanced than any game on PC, In no way does that mean PC hardware is less powerful, I'm fully aware that PC's have far more horsepower than the PS4. But these so called more 'mature' PC gamers really don't know much about how their games are made. I heard one of them say that Just Cause 2 on PC maxed out destroys ISS. It's pre-programmed bullshit by Nvidia. Until PC starts getting fully next gen game ports, then you will be seeing true superior graphics PC games again.

You say ISS is more graphically advanced than any game on PC, but that simply isn't true. It isn't even the most graphically advanced game on consoles. I'd say Ryse edges it as far as consoles go. True, Ryse runs at 1600 x 900 resolution, but the assets and graphical techniques being used are more advanced. ISS would win for resolution and image quality, but it isn't as richly detailed. You might like the art direction in ISS--all the strong contrast, shiny surfaces and bold colors--but in technical terms it is missing graphical elements that are present in games like Crysis 3 or Ryse.

And your argument for why Crysis 3 can't be better?...that it's also on PS3/360. This is where you go way off. Even though the PC version is using higher quality textures and normal maps, a global illumination lighting engine, many more shadow-casting light sources, screen space reflections, more geometry and fuller alpha textures for foliage, tessellation (which also increases geometry), displacement mapping, higher resolution soft shadows, bokeh depth of field, more advanced smoke and particle effects, more complex shaders and a whole slew of other graphical techniques that either aren't present on the console versions or run at significantly reduced quality you still want to act like it is just an "up res'd" last gen game. This is patently absurd.

All those graphical elements and techniques are what define how good a game looks. What's ironic about your post is that you don't seem to realize that ISS is no different. If you took away the screen space reflections, depth of field, particle effects and some of the other graphical elements, as well as lowering texture and shadow resolution and simplifying some of the geometry, it could easily run on the PS3. All of the graphical elements could be scaled down to run on last gen hardware. There is nothing fundamental about the game simulation that would break if you tried to scale the game down to run on weaker hardware.

The only difference is that they did make scaled down versions in the case of Crysis 3. None of that changes how advanced the PC version is. The things that make ISS look better than Infamous 2 are essentially the same things that make Crysis 3 on PC look better than the console versions.

One thing that ISS does really well are the character models. In this regard it is better than KZSF and up there with Ryse. But this is just the very beginning of the generation. Character models like that are going to soon be fairly ubiquitous.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#633  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@evildead6789 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@evildead6789 said:

If you would realize there's a whole world beyond a gtx 580 then you wouldn't have this problem...

Oh yes, TressFx those flowing locks of garbage that spazz out uncontrollably. Boy o boy am I really missing out there.

You can't stand the thought that someone found a console game with a capable PC impressive. Get a life and jump off my dick already.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#634 commander

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@evildead6789 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@evildead6789 said:

Oh yes, TressFx those flowing locks of garbage that spazz out uncontrollably.

God you are so full of shit that it's coming out of your ears. You can't stand the thought that someone found a console game with a capable PC impressive. Get a life and jump off my dick already.

It's more than that, according to you anti aliasing doesn't matter.

You dumb?

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#635 kalipekona

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Master_ShakeXXX said:

No, we're just having fun with the complete and utter delusion coming from cows in this thread.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#636  Edited By commander
@kalipekona said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Master_ShakeXXX said:

No, we're just having fun with the complete and utter delusion coming from cows in this thread.

let me add something to that kalipekona

Loading Video...
Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#637  Edited By deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

@The_Stand_In: That photo is pre-launch, it's definitely not running the latest patch for one as the world is much more populated, the resolution looks lowered too so that's a really poor example. Pretty sure it was cycling as part of the pre-launch FUD that the game had no shadows in fact so it's no surprise you chose it.

You can also do the same with any game and nitpick. The fact is it's probably better graphically than any PC open world game so far and that fact that it has to be compared to Crysis 3 for the PC to come on top is telling. Nobody is saying it's the best looking game ever and anyone saying it beats Crysis 3 is insane but i haven't seen that (well except for in the thread title but hey, welcome to SW, if you haven't realised there's a lot of exaggeration & spin in thread titles).

And what you said in the last bit is laughable, it's widely agreed it's a graphically strong game, heck lems loved to use the rhetoric that that's all the game had so on, Digital Foundry praised it highly and even the lems in this thread have been comparing it to Ryse, their bastion of graphical achievement. If it wasn't a good looking game none of that would be happening so obviously it's not a case that it's just cows thinking it looks good, it's that the game is undeniably good looking.

@kalipekona: It's possible to run any game on PS360 if you strip it down enough but you'd be removing huge chunks of this game. None of the physics stuff and destruction around the DUP environments would have a hope in hell performing the same, the particle effects aren't really possible, the extent of the facial animations and so on wouldn't be scaled back but would be completely missing. The game would inherently play differently because of that and entirely different design decisions would have been made so it's certainly not possible to have the same experience on last gen consoles. I doubt they'd have gone for powers that are particle heavy for example, the orbital drop and the dash with the neon would have been pretty crippling for the framerate and so on...

Eitherway i'm enjoying next-gen visuals and the consoles have really pushed new stuff. Quality facial animations are looking to be the standard now which is a relief and the push it's made for optimisation of multiple CPU cores is a welcome boost for PC ports. I just hope devs start pushing AI more as that's an area no platform has offered a proper improvement in for a while and is long overdue.

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#638  Edited By kalipekona

@zeeshanhaider said:

@Master_ShakeXXX said:

Yup, killing blow with a game that has no shadows, sub 30 fps, crappy draw distance, no SSAO/SSDO, low resolution textures.Looks like 900pStation is living up to its name to me.

As for the lack of shadows...

Hahaha unrivaled I tell ya.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#639 commander

@hoosier7 said:

@The_Stand_In: That photo is pre-launch, it's definitely not running the latest patch for one as the world is much more populated, the resolution looks lowered too so that's a really poor example. Pretty sure it was cycling as part of the pre-launch FUD that the game had no shadows in fact so it's no surprise you chose it.

You can also do the same with any game and nitpick. The fact is it's probably better graphically than any PC open world game so far and that fact that it has to be compared to Crysis 3 for the PC to come on top is telling. Nobody is saying it's the best looking game ever and anyone saying it beats Crysis 3 is insane but i haven't seen that (well except for in the thread title but hey, welcome to SW, if you haven't realised there's a lot of exaggeration & spin in thread titles).

And what you said in the last bit is laughable, it's widely agreed it's a graphically strong game, heck lems loved to use the rhetoric that that's all the game had so on, Digital Foundry praised it highly and even the lems in this thread have been comparing it to Ryse, their bastion of graphical achievement. If it wasn't a good looking game none of that would be happening so obviously it's not a case that it's just cows thinking it looks good, it's that the game is undeniably good looking.

@kalipekona: It's possible to run any game on PS360 if you strip it down enough but you'd be removing huge chunks of this game. None of the physics stuff and destruction around the DUP environments would have a hope in hell performing the same, the particle effects aren't really possible, the extent of the facial animations and so on wouldn't be scaled back but would be completely missing. The game would inherently play differently because of that and entirely different design decisions would have been made so it's certainly not possible to have the same experience on last gen consoles. I doubt they'd have gone for powers that are particle heavy for example, the orbital drop and the dash with the neon would have been pretty crippling for the framerate and so on...

Eitherway i'm enjoying next-gen visuals and the consoles have really pushed new stuff. Quality facial animations are looking to be the standard now which is a relief and the push it's made for optimisation of multiple CPU cores is a welcome boost for PC ports. I just hope devs start pushing AI more as that's an area no platform has offered a proper improvement in for a while and is long overdue.

open world? you can't even enter or drive a car and it's in a city.

and this looks just better than infamous, watch in hd

Loading Video...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#640  Edited By deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

@evildead6789: Why would you want to drive a car when you have superpowers? Silly suggestion and stupid to suggest it's a flaw in the game and that not being able to drive a car somehow stops a game from being open world.

I can do exactly the same thing you've done with InFamous, go to 3:00 and you have shoddy leaf textures, the curb is blocky, the ground textures awful and much flatter than InFamous, poor distant textures, it also has issues with reflections in building windows, lacks shadows for most light sources, has inferior characters, poor foliage. Nice motion blur though pausing and you'll see through the masks, these mods often throw some nice blur and high contrast over them. Whatever they've done with the lighting is poor as the game looks the same regardless of weather, you'd expect more than just a rain effect on an overcast day.

Given the song and dance you made over InFamous' shadows, you picking footage with the same flaws is laughably hypocritical.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#641  Edited By commander

@hoosier7 said:

@evildead6789: Why would you want to drive a car when you have superpowers? Silly suggestion and stupid to suggest it's a flaw in the game and that not being able to drive a car somehow stops a game from being open world.

I can do exactly the same thing you've done with InFamous, go to 3:00 and you have shoddy leaf textures, the curb is blocky, the ground textures awful and much flatter than InFamous, poor distant textures, it also has issues with reflections in building windows, lacks shadows for most light sources, has inferior characters, poor foliage. Nice motion blur though pausing and you'll see through the masks, these mods often throw some nice blur and high contrast over them. Whatever they've done with the lighting is poor as the game looks the same regardless of weather, you'd expect more than just a rain effect on an overcast day.

Given the song and dance you made over InFamous' shadows, you picking footage with the same flaws is laughably hypocritical.

Sorry but I didn't make those remarks on that screenshot.

And maybe you just want to drive a car because it's fun.

There is one thing that I agree on with that screenshot though

That's the utter lack of shadowing, low quality in reflections and the city doesn't feel alive as well, there's hardly any diversity.

This game reminds me too much of prototype. I know that you don't need a car when you have superpowers but this makes it way easier to make a game. You can basically skip on all car physics, all relfections, lighting and shadowing with moving cars as well, since you don't drive one anyway. A city is also a lot more easier to make than a jungle for instance, especially when you look at the city of infamous, it doesn't look as diverse as what you see in gta.

Infamous put a lot of effort in particles and character modelling but it doesn't improve on other things and in terms of shadowing, reflections and lightning it's worse than what we've seen already.

The particle effects and character models look very nice and flashy and they got very creative with that

but graphics king? not in a long shot

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#642  Edited By kalipekona

@hoosier7 said:

It wouldn't be as dramatic as you are making it sound. The destruction of DUP environments would just use simpler physics calculations, less debris and the debris would likely disappear after a few seconds due to the smaller memory of the PS3. Fundamentally, though, it wouldn't change the gameplay much.

The same goes for any other areas of the game. They could all be downgraded. Certain effects not possible on the PS3 could be removed as well and it wouldn't change the way the game played in any significant way.

Honestly with the same art and level design, but with scaled down graphics from a technical perspective, the game would still have much of the same look at a glance and would play essentially the same. There is nothing about Infamous Second Son's gameplay mechanics that couldn't be done on last gen hardware. The effects of some of the powers would have to be modified or scaled back but otherwise it would still provide the same basic gameplay experience. In fact, one of the chief complaints about ISS has been that the gameplay feels very familiar and isn't a big enough improvement over last gen games in the series.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#643  Edited By deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

@evildead6789: If you're not making those remarks on the InFamous screenshot then why use a screenshot that obviously does just that. The most obvious being the leaf textures.

I don't think you've played this game right? Driving a car in this game makes next to no sense when you can travel faster with your powers and the streets are locked down by the DUP. The only thing they've skipped is modelling driving a car, the cars are still in the game and have to have their movement, damage and shadowing etc modelled.

In fact i'm 100% sure you've not played the game because you've claimed the city isn't diverse. It's more diverse and detailed than GTA, there's not an aspect that's copied and pasted. It's one of it's main strengths and the first thing that hit me in the way the windows differ, the shops are different, the variety across the city and so on. It's testament that people are still picking up on Easter eggs hidden around.

How on earth is a city easier to model than a jungle? You can reuse more assets in a jungle than a city and you have half the variation given it's mainly foliage. That's before the way you can cut the number of AI down, have no reflections to manage and a fraction of the LOD just to name a few. Again you've gone on about the importance of reflections with InFamous only to do the opposite here.

I've no doubt there's flaws but when your example of good graphics shows the exact same flaws then how can you be critical or not place this amongst some of the best? You've still not shown me an example that improves on all of those flaws. I'll give you the reflections on the cars in the GTA 4 mod but it's regressed in other areas.

I never claimed it was graphics king (in fact i've reiterated that before), console graphics king? Potentially, i've not dug into Ryse enough as it's an awful game and i don't pass judgement on games i haven't played unlike some. The best of open world games? Yes, i reckon so.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#644  Edited By commander

@hoosier7 said:

@evildead6789: If you're not making those remarks on the InFamous screenshot then why use a screenshot that obviously does just that. The most obvious being the leaf textures.

I don't think you've played this game right? Driving a car in this game makes next to no sense when you can travel faster with your powers and the streets are locked down by the DUP. The only thing they've skipped is modelling driving a car, the cars are still in the game and have to have their movement, damage and shadowing etc modelled.

In fact i'm 100% sure you've not played the game because you've claimed the city isn't diverse. It's more diverse and detailed than GTA, there's not an aspect that's copied and pasted. It's one of it's main strengths and the first thing that hit me in the way the windows differ, the shops are different, the variety across the city and so on. It's testament that people are still picking up on Easter eggs hidden around.

How on earth is a city easier to model than a jungle? You can reuse more assets in a jungle than a city and you have half the variation given it's mainly foliage. That's before the way you can cut the number of AI down, have no reflections to manage and a fraction of the LOD just to name a few. Again you've gone on about the importance of reflections with InFamous only to do the opposite here.

I've no doubt there's flaws but when your example of good graphics shows the exact same flaws then how can you be critical or not place this amongst some of the best? You've still not shown me an example that improves on all of those flaws. I'll give you the reflections on the cars in the GTA 4 mod but it's regressed in other areas.

I never claimed it was graphics king (in fact i've reiterated that before), console graphics king? Potentially, i've not dug into Ryse enough as it's an awful game and i don't pass judgement on games i haven't played unlike some. The best of open world games? Yes, i reckon so.

I didn't use that screenshot, it's obvious in gameplay videos, i wasn't talking about leaf textures as well, you're mixing me up with someone else

I said, i can understand that driving a car becomes useless when you have superpowers, allthough you can do this in games that do have superpowers, like saints row IV for example. It's just a lot easier to develop if you can skip the car driving and everything that comes with it.

I didn't play the game but i saw numerous gameplay videos and the game besides the particle effects doesn't look more diverse than gta IV, how could you say gta IV doesn't look diverse it's has a lot of similarities with manhatten island.

A city is easier to model for than a jungle, simply because of polygons

and infamous city just doesn't look as detailed as gta Iv city, it also doesn't look as alive as well.

Not to mention 'the open world' is a lot smaller than gta IV, only the size of one island in gta IV

Best of open world games, 'i think a lot people would disagree'.

This game is a lot like prototype, I would say prototype is even better.

MikeMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#645 MikeMoose
Member since 2005 • 3079 Posts

@zeeshanhaider:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@Master_ShakeXXX said:

Everything you just stated is false

displayy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#646  Edited By displayy
Member since 2014 • 31 Posts

@kalipekona:

Another pic with a better quality...

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#647 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

I think Sleeping Dogs looks very close to Infamous.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#648 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

Lol, still going on. ...

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#649  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@

@kalipekona said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

@Pray_to_me: This is exactly what I try to say to people but they say I'm crazy. They think that a mod makes a game more technically advanced than another. Fundamentally, ISS was designed for PS4, not PS3/360, so the polygon count is much higher as is many other things. Tell that to a PC 'elitist' like 'Primordialous' who's above me, and their brain shuts down and refuses to accept it. They don't get it. Here's what I'm saying, Infamous Second Son is more graphically advanced than any game on PC, In no way does that mean PC hardware is less powerful, I'm fully aware that PC's have far more horsepower than the PS4. But these so called more 'mature' PC gamers really don't know much about how their games are made. I heard one of them say that Just Cause 2 on PC maxed out destroys ISS. It's pre-programmed bullshit by Nvidia. Until PC starts getting fully next gen game ports, then you will be seeing true superior graphics PC games again.

You say ISS is more graphically advanced than any game on PC, but that simply isn't true. It isn't even the most graphically advanced game on consoles. I'd say Ryse edges it as far as consoles go. True, Ryse runs at 1600 x 900 resolution, but the assets and graphical techniques being used are more advanced. ISS would win for resolution and image quality, but it isn't as richly detailed. You might like the art direction in ISS--all the strong contrast, shiny surfaces and bold colors--but in technical terms it is missing graphical elements that are present in games like Crysis 3 or Ryse.

And your argument for why Crysis 3 can't be better?...that it's also on PS3/360. This is where you go way off. Even though the PC version is using higher quality textures and normal maps, a global illumination lighting engine, many more shadow-casting light sources, screen space reflections, more geometry and fuller alpha textures for foliage, tessellation (which also increases geometry), displacement mapping, higher resolution soft shadows, bokeh depth of field, more advanced smoke and particle effects, more complex shaders and a whole slew of other graphical techniques that either aren't present on the console versions or run at significantly reduced quality you still want to act like it is just an "up res'd" last gen game. This is patently absurd.

All those graphical elements and techniques are what define how good a game looks. What's ironic about your post is that you don't seem to realize that ISS is no different. If you took away the screen space reflections, depth of field, particle effects and some of the other graphical elements, as well as lowering texture and shadow resolution and simplifying some of the geometry, it could easily run on the PS3. All of the graphical elements could be scaled down to run on last gen hardware. There is nothing fundamental about the game simulation that would break if you tried to scale the game down to run on weaker hardware.

The only difference is that they did make scaled down versions in the case of Crysis 3. None of that changes how advanced the PC version is. The things that make ISS look better than Infamous 2 are essentially the same things that make Crysis 3 on PC look better than the console versions.

One thing that ISS does really well are the character models. In this regard it is better than KZSF and up there with Ryse. But this is just the very beginning of the generation. Character models like that are going to soon be fairly ubiquitous.

lol @ posting Ryse cut screne gif is instant fail, you didn't know dat shit was pre-rendered haha dat desperation. Everything in Second Son is real time. Try again butthurt lem who is also trying to hide behind PC in the same instance in self-ownage cause that other game you are posting screens for aren't from PC.

BTW Watch Dogs isn't even out and will so it's not up for debate and those are also PS4 screens.

displayy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#650  Edited By displayy
Member since 2014 • 31 Posts

@kalipekona said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@Master_ShakeXXX said:

As for the lack of shadows...

Hahaha unrivaled I tell ya.

Lead art technician Jason Connell from Sucker Punch Studios had previous explained that there are obviously going to be different variances of shadow density and light reflection based on the times of day and the positions of objects rendered with physical based lighting.

OF COURSE there's shadows in this game !....

Now obviously , it's not always gonna be the case....(it depends on the lighting/shadow density) , like in these scenes...

I get the feeling that all the people who are shitting on this game are doing it for 2 reasons:

1 - They don't actually own the game.

2 - They're over-reacting , they're on the defensive , only because the guy who created this thread went overboard by saying that it's "the best looking game ever"...

Is it the best looking game ever ?... I think Crysis 3 (on PC) , still takes the cake at this point in time. And it's even likely to have some competition in a few months from now (with Ubisoft's the division , The Order 1886 or Naughty dog)..

But considering that this is an open world game.., it's definitely is one of the best game looking game of the year...On both consoles & PC. You can fault it for not running at 4K or 2K...But even at 1080p it's more than decent...