scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

Drive Club reached 2 million sales in ~9 months with a PS4 install base of ~25 million.

GT: Sport is at 5 million sales in ~9 months with a PS4 install base of ~80 million

And if you scale up Drive Club's sales to install base ratio to match GT:Sport it would put Drive Club at well over 6 million sales for the same 9 month period if it released when GT:Sport did.

So looking at some very rough maths it would seem that GT:Sport is actually sell worse then 5ive Club.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

They're not known worldwide as Polly-Phony, the one and only, for nuttin ya know. lol :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

Given the PS4's enormous install base I'd say yes, it's not done that great.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

Now Lems Base things off install base.... This is some weak flame bait

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

I'd say it's a sales flop solely because they floundered with the damn thing from the get-go. A full-on GT release would have sold gangbusters, as they do.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 ReCloud
Member since 2018 • 4418 Posts

Install base doesn't matter, if it did, every single múltiplat would be a sales flop, since we have over 300 million user base for some games. User base is useless to measure such things.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Instal base, lol

Guess everything is a flop to lems. Oh wait, it actualy is.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ReCloud

@Ant_17: Microsoft games are the biggest flops, with a userbase that surpass 200 million (PC+x1) and their games barely selling 1 million... LMAO

babyjoker1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 babyjoker1221
Member since 2015 • 1313 Posts

5 million is a lot of sales no matter how you look at it. However, when you start looking at attach rates... I'm sure they're disappointed with the sales.

Driveclub was released early in the gen when there just wasn't that many exclusives on the PS4 vs when GT Sport was released.

GT Sport came late to the game regardless of exclusives. Racing fans had plenty of other racing options to choose from while Polyphony dicked around with GT Sport. Asseto Corsa, Forza, F Horizons, PC 1 and 2, and even Drivclub allowed racing fans to get their fill with other games.

The online focus of GT Sport turned many diehard fans off of the series.

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

Any time I read about Drive Club, I think about the PS Plus scam Sony committed with this game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@recloud said:

@Ant_17: Microsoft games are the biggest flops, with a userbase that surpass 200 million (PC+x1) and their games barely selling 1 million... LMAO

That assumes that all 170ish million PC are gaming PC with the required specs to run games like Forza. Which we all know is nonsense.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

How do we define GTS is it a main game or prologue like. Seems like Sony sold it like a main entry initially and the main game does not seem like is coming anytime soon. Given that I would say its a bit of a flop. They must have not expected it to sell like the main games but better then prologues. The actual sales will be around 3.7 - 4 mill. Don't use install base TC use historical numbers for this established franchise. Install base means shit. We have not seen a aim at everybody's taste game yet.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@Ant_17 said:

Instal base, lol

Even if they are that still doesn't alter the fact that GTS sales are pretty disappointing considering that GT is a premiere Sony franchise.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

No, calling a game a sales flop based on the install base is just plain dumb. Going by that, every single game released on PS1, PS2, PS3, 360, Wii, etc are all sales flops.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ant_17

@boycie said:
@Ant_17 said:

Instal base, lol

Even if they are that still doesn't alter the fact that GTS sales are pretty disappointing considering that GT is a premiere Sony franchise.

I can agree that as far as the series goes, that is not good.

But considering the other games in the genre did worse, it's not a big deal.

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts

I think in order to judge sales, we would need, you know, sales numbers. Player numbers =/= sales numbers. I also think people keep forgetting how long these games sell and with every release, when they don't sell 10 million instantly, people keep saying the series is dying and doomed without any actual comparison to the sales of previous iterations at the same time frame, just against the total.

But the attach rate is new. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the same 80 million you're counting against GT Sport still have the option to buy Drive Club, only over a much longer time and a lower price? So the attach rate should be against the same install base number.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11084 Posts

It's not really a Gran Turismo product the world really asked for, I'm surprised it made even that much headway. Kinda sucks that Sony only has PD to lean on for racers. I'm not really into them anymore anyway, so they make me really less hype on them.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ReCloud

@boycie: that's why the install base narrative is flawed. Even a series like assassin's Creed can be viewed as a flop with this narrative.

GT sports falls short when compared to previous games of the series, that much is true, but for a non main game that had a really rough start and harsh reviews, 5 million in 9 months is pretty good.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#20 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

For a game that should have been f2p those sales are fine.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By scatteh316
@stereointegrity said:

Now Lems Base things off install base.... This is some weak flame bait

@Ant_17 said:

Instal base, lol

Me a Lem?

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 scatteh316
@asylumni said:

I think in order to judge sales, we would need, you know, sales numbers. Player numbers =/= sales numbers. I also think people keep forgetting how long these games sell and with every release, when they don't sell 10 million instantly, people keep saying the series is dying and doomed without any actual comparison to the sales of previous iterations at the same time frame, just against the total.

But the attach rate is new. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the same 80 million you're counting against GT Sport still have the option to buy Drive Club, only over a much longer time and a lower price? So the attach rate should be against the same install base number.

Which is exactly what I've done if you read the OP......

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 scatteh316
@recloud said:

@boycie: that's why the install base narrative is flawed. Even a series like assassin's Creed can be viewed as a flop with this narrative.

GT sports falls short when compared to previous games of the series, that much is true, but for a non main game that had a really rough start and harsh reviews, 5 million in 9 months is pretty good.

It's falling short of a racing game that scored a FIVE on GS........a FIVE.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

Those sales are pretty good. Install base is a stupid criteria for determining if a game is successful or not. Just because a game has an install base of 80 million doesn't mean 80 million will be interested in trying out a game. 5 million sold for a game that's not a mainline GT game in under a year is good anyway you look at it.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Ant_17

@scatteh316: Then you're an idiot if not a lem. It outsold Payback which is on everything, or if you want it compared to a game in the same league, PCars which is also on everything.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By scatteh316
@quadknight said:

Those sales are pretty good. Install base is a stupid criteria for determining if a game is successful or not. Just because a game has an install base of 80 million doesn't mean 80 million will be interested in trying out a game. 5 million sold for a game that's not a mainline GT game in under a year is good anyway you look at it.

I've gone for attach rates and percentages based on install base size and ultimately GT:S is doing worse then a game monumentally flopped.

If you apply Driveclubs attachment rate to GT:S's marketable install base Driveclub would be over a million more sales in front within the same 9 month period.

We're talking about a game that scored a 5 on GS and had more criticism Grain Turismo at release.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By scatteh316
@Ant_17 said:

@scatteh316: Then you're an idiot if not a lem. It outsold Payback which is on everything, or if you want it compared to a game in the same league, PCars which is also on everything.

You sound a little mad...... comparing it to ANOTHER PS4 EXCLUSIVE RACING game is fair and more relative then comparing to a multi-plat of a different genre.

The mighty Gran Turismo Sport could not out-do the 5/10 rated Sony PS4 exclsuive Drive Club.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ant_17

@scatteh316 said:
@Ant_17 said:

You sound a little mad...... comparing it to ANOTHER PS4 EXCLUSIVE RACING game is fair and more relative then comparing to a multi-plat of a different genre.

Fair? Fair to what?

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 scatteh316
@Ant_17 said:
@scatteh316 said:
@Ant_17 said:

Fair? Fair to what?

It's pretty obvious to understand that in my reply to you.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

5 million seems pretty good to me for a racing game. /shrug

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#31 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Damn, GTA V is a bigger flop then, PS3/4, 360, X1, PC. How big is all that?

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Ant_17

@scatteh316 said:
@Ant_17 said:

Fair? Fair to what?

So i guess GT3, the best selling racing game, is a flop with 15 million sale on a 150 million instal base?

You want to twist this even further?

80 million PS4 is a flop with 7 billion Earth instal base.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By QuadKnight
@scatteh316 said:
@quadknight said:

I've gone for attach rates and percentages based on install base size and ultimately GT:S is doing worse then a game monumentally flopped.

If you apply Driveclubs attachment rate to GT:S's marketable install base Driveclub would be over a million more sales in front within the same 9 month period.

We're talking about a game that scored a 5 on GS and had more criticism Grain Turismo at release.

That's not how it works. First of all, Driveclub had much less competition when it came out in 2014 so even if it has a much less install base to work with that mattered less. Mentioning DC flopping means shit to most gamers since a lot of people don't pay attention to reviews when it comes to buying games they want. There was a serious lack of driving games on PS4 in 2014 and people were hungry for anything. It didn't matter that DC scored a 5 on GS it looked decent enough to racing fans at the time and so many bought it.

Your argument is dumb as hell and is the same type of argument lems have been using here for a while that doesn't take real life into consideration. 5 million in under a year for any game is good especially for a game that didn't get a lot of critical acclaim and isn't a mainline GT game. Stop arguing like a dumb lem.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By scatteh316
@Random_Matt said:

I didn't know GTA5 was a PS4 exclusive racer.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 QuadKnight
@scatteh316 said:
@Random_Matt said:

He rekt you with your own dumb logic.

What does "exclusive racer" have to do with how well a game sells? You're making it sound like a game being exclusive means it should sell more when we all know multiplats rule the industry.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By scatteh316
@quadknight said:
@scatteh316 said:
@Random_Matt said:

What does "exclusive racer" have to do with how well a game sells? You're making it sound like a game being exclusive means it should sell more when we all know multiplats rule the industry.

And you sound like you're flapping out that damage control.

Apples to apples dear chap....

Drive Club is a PS4 exclusive racing game just like GT:Sport is....... comparing a mutliplatform game from a completely different genre is retarded.

By comparing the attachment rates, if Drive Club had of released in October 2017 it would of outsold GT:Sport....... Which is a poor performance given that GT:S is the more established and pedigree franchise.

Which makes it a bit of a flop.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 QuadKnight
@scatteh316 said:
@quadknight said:
@scatteh316 said:
@Random_Matt said:

Drive Club is a PS4 exclusive racing game just like GT:Sport is....... comparing a mutliplatform game from a completely different genre is retarded.

By comparing the attachment rates, if Drive Club had of released in October 2017 it would of outsold GT:Sport....... Which is a poor performance given that GT:S is the more established and pedigree franchise.

The genre shouldn't matter according to your own logic. In fact, GTA is in a more popular genre than sim racing. Your logic isn't sound and is easily broken when scrutinized. You're the one damage controlling your failed logic now. According to your stupid logic GTA is a flop.

It's a damn shame what happened to you. You must have slipped and hit your head on the ground because you're now malfunctioning in the brain like a lem.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 scatteh316
@Ant_17 said:
@scatteh316 said:
@Ant_17 said:

Fair? Fair to what?

So i guess GT3, the best selling racing game, is a flop with 15 million sale on a 150 million instal base?

You really are full of damage control....... if I could find the numbers for PS2's install base during the first 9 months of GT3's release there's no doubt it would slaughter what GT:S has managed with a larger install base.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Ant_17

@scatteh316 said:
@Ant_17 said:

You really are full of damage control....... if I could find the numbers for PS2's install base during the first 9 months of GT3's release there's no doubt it would slaughter what GT:S has managed with a larger install base.

I'm just wondering the hell is up with this instal base theory you, an idiot apparently, and the lems use now to downplay PS4 games.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 scatteh316
@quadknight said:
@scatteh316 said:
@quadknight said:
@scatteh316 said:
@Random_Matt said:

The genre shouldn't matter according to your own logic. In fact, GTA is in a more popular genre than sim racing. Your logic isn't sound and is easily broken when scrutinized. You're the one damage controlling your failed logic now. According to your stupid logic GTA is a flop.

It's a damn shame what happened to you. You must have slipped and hit your head on the ground because you're now malfunctioning in the brain like a lem.

Yes let's compare 2 unrelated genre's because you have NOTING to refute my numbers........ GT:S is a sales flop and the numbers show it when comparing it to other PA4, exclusive racing games and all people have to combat the claim is multiplats, I honestly expected better.

What happened to me exactly?

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 QuadKnight
@scatteh316 said:
@Ant_17 said:
@scatteh316 said:
@Ant_17 said:

Fair? Fair to what?

He's destroying you dude. You need a life vest now, your thread is a flop and you're sinking on the stupidity of your own arguments.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Chutebox

Dude is arguing just to argue.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By scatteh316
@quadknight said:
@scatteh316 said:
@Ant_17 said:
@scatteh316 said:

He's destroying you dude. You need a life vest now, your thread is a flop and you're sinking on the stupidity of your own arguments.

I don't need a life jacket..... the salt from peoples tears in this thread are keeping me afloat.

But..but....install base doesn't matter.....when you're all too dumb to see that it's actually the attachment rate the thread is highlighting.......Which is piss poor for a franchise such as Gran Turismo.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 scatteh316
@Chutebox said:

There's no arguing at all......the figures are quite plain to see.... GT:Sport has a lower attachment rate then Drive Club.

Which for Sony's and arguably, the best and well known driving franchise in the world is extremely poor.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#45 Needhealing
Member since 2017 • 2041 Posts

Lemmings. Talking about sales... hahahahaha.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Chutebox
@scatteh316 said:
@Chutebox said:

There's no arguing at all......the figures are quite plain to see.... GT:Sport has a lower attachment rate then Drive Club.

Which for Sony's and arguably, the best and well known driving franchise in the world is extremely poor.

I mean, if you ignore all the logical responses to this statement, I can see why you believe it.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By scatteh316
@Chutebox said:
@scatteh316 said:
@Chutebox said:

I mean, if you ignore all the logical responses to this statement, I can see why you believe it.

They aren't logical...... I asked a question with some sales numbers based on install base to give an attachment rate for two PS4 exclusive racing games and instead of saying the sales numbers are off, or providing some form of rational logic I get...

'X' multiplatform game must be a flop then.......

'X' game had less competition......

Those are not logical responses, they're excuses.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#48  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Any game that sells millions is a success to me. And if a game is a mega-seller, there are those who'll say it's not a good game.

That's why I don't listen to naysayers anymore. If a game doesn't sell, it sucks. If a game sells, it sucks. They're never happy.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Chutebox
@scatteh316 said:
@Chutebox said:
@scatteh316 said:
@Chutebox said:

They aren't logical...... I asked a question with some sales numbers based on install base to give an attachment rate for two PS4 exclusive racing games and instead of saying the sales numbers are off, or providing some form of rational logic I get...

Nothing you have argued is logical because you assume bigger install base mean DC would increase in sales by the same exact pace. That's dumb. This thread is dumb and literally makes no sense.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By scatteh316
@Chutebox said:
@scatteh316 said:
@Chutebox said:
@scatteh316 said:
@Chutebox said:

Nothing you have argued is logical because you assume bigger install base mean DC would increase in sales by the same exact pace. That's dumb. This thread is dumb and literally makes no sense.

So it would be wrong to assume GT:S would sell just as well with DC's lower install base......

So being 'dumb' is all you have.....nice.