Is GSC game world better developer and more pro consumer than Valve?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24847 Posts

Hello friends,

Since Valve has not made any full fledge SP game since 2011 that was Portal 2 and last full Half life game was in 2004. since then they only made episodes and MP games. and since portal 2 they only made MP and F2P games. and nothing else. of course they claim they are working on something but it will probably be some VR game. they have resources, talent, money, everything but they abondon the fans. they are not making Half life 3 for no reason. they can. many developers i have seen always love to revieve old classic franchise but they cant due to shortage of money or having no license. but valve on other hand wasting thier talent on some crap like dota 2 and CSGO etc. instead they can make classic like Half life again.

GSC game world on other hand was working on Stalker 2 but they shut down in 2012. and after reopen 2 years later. they still didnot forgot the fans. they release cossaks 3 just to fund Stalker 2 and they announced STALKER 2 with 2021 release date so they can find a publisher and big money funding. it make me realize how much they care about fans. as they always want to make Stalker 2 but they could not due to shortage of money but now they came back in business and making Stalker 2.

it just make me realize that one developer who have all resources manage to abondon their fans of steam making more money while other developer who came back from dead and still not forgot their fans.

so friends, in this situation. is GSC better and more consumer friendly than valve? lets disucss

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7693 Posts

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

What's a GSC?

BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 BlackBalls
Member since 2018 • 1496 Posts

Wth is this thread?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#5  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17763 Posts

STALKER 2 is as much vaporware as Half-Life 3. Not getting my hopes up that either will ever release.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 45993 Posts
@BassMan said:

STALKER 2 is as much vaporware as Half-Life 3. Not getting my hopes up that either will ever release.

Might still take them years (decades) but I'm sure STALKER is actively worked on, Half Life is confirmed to not be actively worked on.

Valve has stated several things: They don't believe in Singleplayer games anymore, and they also stated to be working on card games and VR games.

So there is still a big difference here: STALKER 2 might still release, Half Life 3 isn't even being worked on.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#7 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58643 Posts

Stalker is a special, very much one of the kind game, with one of the most atmospheric game worlds ever produced, along with unrealistic, unfair, but none the less, engaging as hell fire-fights.

But they ain't no Valve, not even close.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:

Stalker is a special, very much one of the kind game, with one of the most atmospheric game worlds ever produced, along with unrealistic, unfair, but none the less, engaging as hell fire-fights.

atleast GSC still care about fanbase where as valve not. valve are only billionaire gaming company who donot believe in making games anymore.

Stalker SoC easily surpassed Half life 2 in every way except story telling.

@R4gn4r0k said:
@BassMan said:

Might still take them years (decades) but I'm sure STALKER is actively worked on, Half Life is confirmed to not be actively worked on.

Valve has stated several things: They don't believe in Singleplayer games anymore, and they also stated to be working on card games and VR games.

So there is still a big difference here: STALKER 2 might still release, Half Life 3 isn't even being worked on.

STALKER 2 has been officially announced. and has more chance to get released unless GSC shut down again.

STALKER 2 is sole reason why GSC reopen.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 uninspiredcup  Online
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

atleast GSC still care about fanbase where as valve not. valve are only billionaire gaming company who donot believe in making games anymore.

@R4gn4r0k said:
@BassMan said:

STALKER 2 has been officially announced. and has more chance to get released unless GSC shut down again.

Na, Stalker is a mess, but we give a free pass because it's atmosphere and gun battles are so dam good. The game is objectively broken and bad in multiple respects. But again, a game doesn't need to be perfect to be loved.

Halflife 2 is just a big masterpiece with some shitty gun-play and incredible see-saw puzzles.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BassMan

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

atleast GSC still care about fanbase where as valve not.

@R4gn4r0k said:
@BassMan said:

That's the thing... I don't question GSC's passion, but their ability to deliver is the problem. Financial issues and questionable management severely hinders their ability to see the project through. Also, are they even capable of delivering a polished product? It seems like the guys that had their shit together went on and formed 4A games.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:

Na, Stalker is a mess, but we give a free pass because it's atmosphere and gun battles are so dam good. The game is objectively broken and bad in multiple respects. But again, a game doesn't need to be perfect to be loved.

Halflife 2 is just a big masterpiece with some shitty gun-play and incredible see-saw puzzles.

Half life 2 is masterpiece. but Stalker is bigger masterpiece.

steam version with patches and modes are bug free.

Half life 2 has boring driving segment in highway 17. Stalker SoC doensot have a single boring segment. the entire Lab X-18 is better than anything level in HL2.

and if we count expansions then. then episode 1 was terrible and 2 was pretty good. where as call of pripyat is simply a masterpiece to like Shadow of chernoboyl. stand alone expansion that is more varied and longer and even better than most of full games today.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 uninspiredcup  Online
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Half life 2 is masterpiece. but Stalker is bigger masterpiece.

steam version with patches and modes are bug free.

Half life 2 has boring driving segment in highway 17. Stalker SoC doensot have a single boring segment. the entire Lab X-18 is better than anything level in HL2.

and if we count expansions then. then episode 1 was terrible and 2 was pretty good. where as call of pripyat is simply a masterpiece to like Shadow of chernoboyl. stand alone expansion that is more varied and longer and even better than most of full games today.

Nova Prospekt is like a Stalker level if it was designed good.

Real big masterpiece.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

I dont know who GSC is however in my view Valve is much less about a 'developer' as is a distributor and as a distributor they are awesome.

oh wait STALKER? no that game is a POS...big time

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:

Nova Prospekt is like a Stalker level if it was designed good.

Real big masterpiece.

I agree. nova prospekt and ravenholm were highlight of half life 2.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 45993 Posts
@BassMan said:

That's the thing... I don't question GSC's passion, but their ability to deliver is the problem. Financial issues and questionable management severely hinders their ability to see the project through. Also, are they even capable of delivering a polished product? It seems like the guys that had their shit together went on and formed 4A games.

I think there is enough talent around those parts (Ukraine ?) to see the project through.

The financial side though, there is no telling.

But then again, Valve is sitting on a huge pile of cash, criminally insanenly huge and it just keeps growing, and that ain't a guarantee at games being made either: becuase they make no games.

Avatar image for organic_machine
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 organic_machine
Member since 2004 • 10141 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

The amount of nonsense in this post is astounding. Confirmed? Oh, please, do enlighten me with your sources.

Oh wait, from Valve's own code, it shows they've been working on a project called "HLVR" even very recently in fact.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TryIt

@R4gn4r0k said:
@BassMan said:

I think there is enough talent around those parts (Ukraine ?) to see the project through.

But then again, Valve is sitting on a huge pile of cash, criminally insanenly huge and it just keeps growing, and that ain't a guarantee at games being made either: becuase they make no games.

which is fine, their contribution to gaming far exceeds anyone ever as far as I am concerned, given Steam.

I know some people do not like to explore games that are not certified acceptable by AAA companies and journalists but wow...friggin fucking wow what a huge difference this era is because of Steam and for the better...by a HUGE margin

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BassMan

@tryit said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@BassMan said:

which is fine, their contribution to gaming far exceeds anyone ever as far as I am concerned, given Steam.

I know some people do not like to explore games that are not certified acceptable by AAA companies and journalists but wow...friggin fucking wow what a huge difference this era is because of Steam and for the better...by a HUGE margin

Now if only they were willing to do the whole steam thing and still make some of the best games. That is how it used to be. They say that they are now refocusing on making more games, but we will have to wait and see how that turns out. I want AAA out of them. Games like Half-Life, Witcher 3, etc.. They are capable, but the desire has to be there.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TryIt

@BassMan said:
@tryit said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@BassMan said:

Now if only they were willing to do the whole steam thing and still make some of the best games. That is how it used to be. They say that they are now refocusing on making more games, but we will have to wait and see how that turns out. I want AAA out of them. Games like Half-Life, Witcher 3, etc.. They are capable, but the desire has to be there.

no.

those game are trash, they are doing a much better job right now letting small time awesome developer who have a creative bone in their body produce amazing games like Space Engineers not shit story games like Witcher 3

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#20 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Hellofriendsvalvehalf-lifeSTALKER

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 43988 Posts

I can’t say that I’m particularly interested in either of them myself.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BassMan

@tryit said:
@BassMan said:
@tryit said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@BassMan said:

no.

those game are trash, they are doing a much better job right now letting small time awesome developer who have a creative bone in their body produce amazing games like Space Engineers not shit story games like Witcher 3

I highly disagree. Those games are great and I am not going to knock Space Engineers as it looks kind of cool, but it is more of niche game. It may appeal to you, but most people don't give 2 shits about it. They would probably be more interested in Star Citizen because of the spectacle of it. Space Engineers looks like a sandbox game you play around with, but there is not much interesting going on tying everything together. People like stories, missions, characters, etc.. There are games for everyone. Valve making big AAA titles is not going to make your indie niche games disappear. Relax.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TryIt

@BassMan said:
@tryit said:
@BassMan said:
@tryit said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

no.

I highly disagree. Those games are great and I am not going to knock Space Engineers as it looks kind of cool, but it is more of niche game. It may appeal to you, but most people don't give 2 shits about it. They would probably be more interested in Star Citizen because of the spectacle of it. Space Engineers looks like a sandbox game you play around with, but there is not much interesting going on tying everything together. People like stories, missions, characters, etc.. There are games for everyone. Valve making big AAA titles is not going to make your indie niche games disappear. Relax.

I am not talking or refering to or consider Star Citizen the group of games I am refering to.

sorry but I have played both and I find these early access games like 7 days to die a LOT better than ANY of the AAA titles I have ever played and the list of those games is long

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58155 Posts

You can't be serious.

@howmakewood said:

That's how I felt. "This is a joke, right? Either way it's not funny".

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BassMan

@tryit said:
@BassMan said:
@tryit said:
@BassMan said:
@tryit said:

no.

I am not talking or refering to or consider Star Citizen the group of games I am refering to.

sorry but I have played both and I find these early access games like 7 days to die a LOT better than ANY of the AAA titles I have ever played and the list of those games is long

I know the games that you like to play and that is fine. However, to say Half-Life and The Witcher 3 are trash is ridiculous. While you may enjoy a game like Space Engineers, I would rather play as a space engineer named Isaac Clarke in Dead Space. Neither game is trash, but they cater to different tastes.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22368 Posts

@howmakewood said:

Lmao. Perfect.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

no

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15541 Posts

Why aren't you banned yet? Mods almighty this level of thread shitposting is ridiculous.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#29 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34469 Posts
@ghosts4ever said:

What a nice piece of horse shit.

STALKER easily surpass HL2 in bugs, wonky gameplay, ugly models and textures and weak feeling guns.

"Every way except story telling". Like.. what planet are you from? To not recognize HL2 is a more polished game than STALKER, you just have to be.. I wanna say a word here, but it's against the ToU.

I mean you have some points sometimes, but most of the time you're just really fucking dumb. And conisdering the amount you post, shouldn't your grammar have improved by now?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ghosts4ever

@Litchie said:
@ghosts4ever said:

What a nice piece of horse shit.

STALKER easily surpass HL2 in bugs, wonky gameplay, ugly models and textures and weak feeling guns.

"Every way except story telling". Like.. what planet are you from? To not recognize HL2 is a more polished game than STALKER, you just have to be.. I wanna say a word here, but it's against the ToU.

I mean you have some points sometimes, but most of the time you're just really fucking dumb. And conisdering the amount you post, shouldn't your grammar have improved by now?

yeah like half life 2 didnot had any bugs.. come on my friend.

only disc version were buggy. steam version with patches are not. and gameplay wise STALKER blow Half life out of water. only thing half life is better at is voice acting, animation, story telling. everything else STALKER did better.

also Half life 2 is waay too easy even on hard. while Stalker is very challenging game.

Im a fan of HL2 and i consider it top 5 games of all time. but Stalker a better game imo.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@ghosts4ever: Its amazing, no matter what you post you're always wrong, at least you're consistent.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34469 Posts
@Vaasman said:

Why aren't you banned yet? Mods almighty this level of thread shitposting is ridiculous.

It's not against the rules to be really annoying, making dumb remarks, or making thousands of threads about the same three games. So he's not doing anything to get banned for. Best we can do is just ignore.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I played and finished the vanilla versions of ShoC and CoP. Some observations:

1. ShoC has the worst side missions (aka filler) of them all. No choice in the matter. They got assigned as soon as I teleported into the map. They're also the same exact ones time after time after time. Bleh.

2. Both games have reduced the X-ray engine crashes I remember back when they were disc-based. But, they're still glitchy at times, prone to lag and slowdown. Both are nowhere close to Half-Life 2 in polish and stability. GSC games probably wouldn't pass quality control if they were brought to consoles. I like the STALKER games....that should be obvious enough in the screenshot threads. But, they weren't exactly the best-coded games around.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15541 Posts

@Litchie said:
@Vaasman said:

It's not against the rules to be really annoying, making dumb remarks, or making thousands of threads about the same three games. So he's not doing anything to get banned for. Best we can do is just ignore.

By virtue of the forums CoC this could easily be interpreted as disruptive posting for shitty grammar, being off topic, and offering no real discussion value. If it isn't an outright troll, which it almost certainly is. If the mods weren't neutered by how awful forum traffic is, this clown would be gone. Which I know for a fact because he was already banned once.

R10nu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 R10nu
Member since 2006 • 1679 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

atleast GSC still care about fanbase

By Slapping STALKER brand on a sequel to their puke-filled dogshit failure of a F2P shooter Survirium, and anouncing its release in 2021.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Ghosts4ever

@R10nu said:
@ghosts4ever said:

atleast GSC still care about fanbase

By Slapping STALKER brand on a sequel to their puke-filled dogshit failure of a F2P shooter Survirium, and anouncing its release in 2021.

it was 2012. they were shutdown as a result remaining employe made this game by using stalker 2 assets.

once they reopen. i knew they will make or try to make Stalker 2.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#37 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts
@organic_machine said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

The amount of nonsense in this post is astounding. Confirmed? Oh, please, do enlighten me with your sources.

Oh wait, from Valve's own code, it shows they've been working on a project called "HLVR" even very recently in fact.

Those are left overs from several years ago. Junk files nothing else.

Avatar image for blueberry_bandit
Blueberry_Bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Blueberry_Bandit
Member since 2017 • 891 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:
@organic_machine said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Those are left overs from several years ago. Junk files nothing else.

No, their codebase is being added to frequently with HLVR references. Whether it will actually release is up for debate, but it's recent.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I don't even know what GSC game world is

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

Hello friends,

Since Valve has not made any full fledge SP game since 2011 that was Portal 2 and last full Half life game was in 2004. since then they only made episodes and MP games. and since portal 2 they only made MP and F2P games. and nothing else. of course they claim they are working on something but it will probably be some VR game. they have resources, talent, money, everything but they abondon the fans. they are not making Half life 3 for no reason. they can. many developers i have seen always love to revieve old classic franchise but they cant due to shortage of money or having no license. but valve on other hand wasting thier talent on some crap like dota 2 and CSGO etc. instead they can make classic like Half life again.

GSC game world on other hand was working on Stalker 2 but they shut down in 2012. and after reopen 2 years later. they still didnot forgot the fans. they release cossaks 3 just to fund Stalker 2 and they announced STALKER 2 with 2021 release date so they can find a publisher and big money funding. it make me realize how much they care about fans. as they always want to make Stalker 2 but they could not due to shortage of money but now they came back in business and making Stalker 2.

it just make me realize that one developer who have all resources manage to abondon their fans of steam making more money while other developer who came back from dead and still not forgot their fans.

so friends, in this situation. is GSC better and more consumer friendly than valve? lets disucss

What is Stalker? I'm new to PC Gaming.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts
@n64dd said:

What is Stalker? I'm new to PC Gaming.

Shadow of Chernobyl, Clear Sky, and Call of Pripyat.

You'll find plenty of material about the series on both Google and YouTube.

I just finished my first complete playthrough of Shadow of Chernobyl. I'm on my 9th playthrough of Call of Pripyat. I'm currently on my first playthrough of Clear Sky.