Is DS good for a 24 year old Guy?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

waqyum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 waqyum
Member since 2009 • 184 Posts

I'm 24 years old and i want to buy a handheld gaming console.Over the entire net i found that people are praising DS a lot more than PSP.

Now I'm completely confused between the two.

I have done every little bit of comparison betwwen the 2 through online sources.

Now i wish to decide it based on someone's personal experience.

Please Help.

clembo1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 clembo1990
Member since 2005 • 9976 Posts
Stick with the iphone, it's going the best way out of the 3.
Mr_Nordquist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Mr_Nordquist
Member since 2009 • 1777 Posts

DS gets praise for good reason. Having the largest library, and variety of games as well as the more critically acclaimed library to boot. PSP's library is more pitiful than the Wii's with less AAA, AA, and A titles :/

DS is good for anyone.

Avatar image for TheGreatOutdoor
TheGreatOutdoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TheGreatOutdoor
Member since 2009 • 3234 Posts

I'm 24 years old and i want to buy a handheld gaming console.Over the entire net i found that people are praising DS a lot more than PSP.

Now I'm completely confused between the two.

I have done every little bit of comparison betwwen the 2 through online sources.

Now i wish to decide it based on someone's personal experience.

Please Help.

waqyum

I am 34 and like mine.

tman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 tman93
Member since 2006 • 7769 Posts
If you like RPG's the DS has quite a few, and more coming out (Mario and Luigi is great, and Golden Sun, imo, was great so Golden Sun DS should be great as well.)
SMR-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 SMR-Venom
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts
Fun is for all ages.
nchan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nchan
Member since 2004 • 1059 Posts
Don't worry about your age. Doesn't matter which handheld you get, people's gonna think you're a kid, unless it's a Iphone, then you're cool. So just choose which ever one has more games for your taste.
Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
Ds is a rpg monster.
InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 InsaneBasura
Member since 2005 • 12591 Posts

No. Sadly the DS just isn't any fun if you're a 24 year old guy. You'll have to wait until you turn 25 or change sex.

Next-Gen-Tec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Next-Gen-Tec
Member since 2009 • 4623 Posts
DS is better.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#11 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

I am 28 and i LOVE my DS. Definatly buy one bud!

Soo many good rpgs on the DS

Avatar image for All_that_is_Man
All_that_is_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 All_that_is_Man
Member since 2008 • 2044 Posts

no, its not get a psp

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Im 20 years old and have a DS but never used it that much, the last time i used it was to play ( the world ends with you) but i like psp more and use it more everyday.. i say ya its worth it if u like RPG's and besides Kingdom hearts is coming to it soon, so age dosent matter really in gaming.. i personally say go for psp u will like it

DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 DealRogers
Member since 2005 • 4589 Posts

Depends on which kind of gamer are you:

Hardcore gamer: DS (If you like to invest lot of time playing with RPGs or Pokemon)

Casual gamer: PSP (Lots of games with nice graphics that would entertain you if you play from time to time)

Very casual gamer: iPhone/iPod (If you just like to have something to play for a couple of mins on the bus or at work, lots of nice other features nonrelated to gaming)

All_that_is_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 All_that_is_Man

Hardcore gamer: DS (If you like to invest lot of time playing with RPGs or Pokemon)

Casual gamer: PSP (Lots of games with nice graphics that would entertain you if you play from time to time)

Very casual gamer: iPhone/iPod (If you just like to have something to play for a couple of mins on the bus or at work, lots of nice other features nonrelated to gaming)

DealRogers

LoL, the opposite of what he said, if you into kiddy games get the DS if you like manly games like Monster Hunter then get the psp

Mr_Nordquist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Mr_Nordquist

[QUOTE="DealRogers"]

All_that_is_Man

LoL, the opposite of what he said, if you into kiddy games get the DS if you like manly games like Monster Hunter then get the psp

Yes, if you wear training pull-ups, love your mom a lot, and you wear a onesie to bed get a DS. You don't HAVE to still wet your bed, but it's definitely a plus as it'd definitely help you enjoy the DS a lot more.

DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DealRogers
Member since 2005 • 4589 Posts

Hardcore games aren't precisely games with blood or guns, but the games that you need several hours to understand and play.

jonnyt61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jonnyt61
Member since 2003 • 2147 Posts
A DS is great. But so is a PSP, especially one which has been "adjusted" slightly. As long as you have PS1 discs, you can make bootable backups for the PSP. It's a nifty feature, and I can't really see anything wrong with it, as long as you own the original. Pirates are still bad. Basically, for pure gaming DS > PSP. For multi-media, and gaining access to a lot of portable retro gaming, PSP > DS. Best choice? Both :P
All_that_is_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 All_that_is_Man

Hardcore games aren't precisely games with blood or guns, but the games that you need several hours to understand and play.

DealRogers

how bout monster hunter freedom all three of them I have almost 500 on each of them, sooo......plus numerous RPGS with about 15-20 hours ....sooo ...In all the psp has alot more than Ds...You win PSP is Hardcore and ds isn't

DeadEndPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DeadEndPanda
Member since 2008 • 2358 Posts

since when is playing a hanedheld console manly? lol

Lethalhazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 Lethalhazard
Member since 2009 • 5451 Posts

DS gets praise for good reason. Having the largest library, and variety of games as well as the more critically acclaimed library to boot. PSP's library is more pitiful than the Wii's with less AAA, AA, and A titles :/

DS is good for anyone.

Mr_Nordquist
Pretty much. Get a DS.
All_that_is_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 All_that_is_Man

since when is playing a hanedheld console manly? lol

DeadEndPanda

You can't Slay Dragons and not be manly, True Fact

Mr_Nordquist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Mr_Nordquist

[QUOTE="DealRogers"]

All_that_is_Man

how bout monster hunter freedom all three of them I have almost 500 on each of them, sooo......plus numerous RPGS with about 15-20 hours ....sooo ...In all the psp has alot more than Ds...You win PSP is Hardcore and ds isn't

Woot. Good news then. Wii becomes a hardcore system when Monster Hunter Tri comes out!!!!

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
It depends what type of games you want to play.
mynameisdumb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 mynameisdumb
Member since 2003 • 3647 Posts
Here is the simple truth. DS has better games. PSP has better multimedia and ability to modify itself for other purposes. You can argue all day long, but those are the core truths about each. Get whichever suits your needs.
eo_the_shaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 eo_the_shaman
Member since 2009 • 1800 Posts

psp is sexy its pretty much a mini ps2 in your pocket that you can surf the web on anywhere you are

Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Guybrush_3
Member since 2008 • 8308 Posts

I love it. The variety and quality of games is great.

ReaperV7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ReaperV7
Member since 2008 • 6756 Posts

DS is good for anyone.

Mr_Nordquist
oh yea every casual knows that the DS has the largest game library :roll: ....actually in fact a couple days ago I seen an advertisement for mario kart DS not to long ago with soccer moms playing it.....and that game came out in 2005.... oh and if you exclude all that shovel ware thats on the DS...your library isnt that large, now is it?
All_that_is_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 All_that_is_Man

[QUOTE="All_that_is_Man"]

[QUOTE="DealRogers"]

Mr_Nordquist

Woot. Good news then. Wii becomes a hardcore system when Monster Hunter Tri comes out!!!!

True fact, When it comes out I plan to retire it from the closet, and probably not play my other consoles for a long time

TR800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TR800
Member since 2009 • 1814 Posts
Buy the PSP not the DS which consists of RPG's and mario.
Mr_Nordquist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Mr_Nordquist

[QUOTE="Mr_Nordquist"]

DS is good for anyone.

ReaperV7

oh yea every casual knows that the DS has the largest game library :roll: ....actually in fact a couple days ago I seen an advertisement for mario kart DS not to long ago with soccer moms playing it.....and that game came out in 2005.... oh and if you exclude all that shovel ware thats on the DS...your library isnt that large, now is it?

I saw that advertisement. Mario Kart is still an incredibly popular game for the DS. I think it's the best seller, so why not push more units? It's easily the best Mario Kart ever made.

And if I exclude every bit of shovelware on the DS I still have a library that's more critically acclaimed, larger in size, and with more variety.

Mr_Nordquist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Mr_Nordquist

[QUOTE="Mr_Nordquist"]

[QUOTE="All_that_is_Man"]

All_that_is_Man

True fact, When it comes out I plan to retire it from the closet, and probably not play my other consoles for a long time

I'm just hoping it hits off in the states. It's one game I've always wanted to try, but most of my friends hate Playstation, so I'm the only one with a PSP :( They've all got Wii's though, but I doubt they'd want to play it then anyways.

All_that_is_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 All_that_is_Man

It was the reason I bought my ps3, it was originally announced for the ps3, then they said it was coming on the wii instead so I was like damnit, and bought a wii

enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#34 enterawesome
Member since 2009 • 9477 Posts
I only have a DS (original model) and I love it. But if you like more power in your handhelds, the PSP is the way to go. Its really just preference. Check the tabs above on this very website for either system and look at the games available, and just see which looks best for you.
Scythes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Scythes777
Member since 2006 • 2796 Posts

The DS has more variety in its library and is incredibly fun. I find the PSP too clunky and a majority of its good games feel like PS2 ports, or games that should have been on a console. Also the DS has many RPGs that last a long time, I suggest the world ends with you.

kingdre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 kingdre
Member since 2005 • 9456 Posts

The DS is loved for a reason but I don't see what age has to do with it.

voxware00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 voxware00
Member since 2004 • 5018 Posts

i'm turning 24 in august, i love my ds

definitely an excellent library for anyone to be found