Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@KungfuKitten said:
@cainetao11 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@BassMan said:

Battlefield is still the best MP FPS out there. So, no, I do not agree with your bullshit.

but even after they put lootbox and microtransaction in battlefront 2?

Yes. A studio's fvck ups in finance or perhaps publishers forcing it, doesn't negate the obvious talent and ability to develop a quality game. I don't like the pay 2 win shylocking being done but it doesn't mean the moment to moment game play developed is bad.

Those **** ups are part of the gameplay though. They're part of DICE becoming worse over time. Be it through pressure or otherwise they are less capable of delivering a good game than 5 years ago. I'd look for talent elsewhere at this point. I bet most of the talented people have left already. That's usually what happens when a publisher forces itself onto a developer like that.

No, those fvckups had nothing to do with BATTLEFIELD. Zero, none, nothing. They were in Battlefront 2 and actually removed. So by all means hate them, cry and moan, but it doesn't equate to a game having terrible shooting, graphics, level design. And after them being gone from Battlefront 2 most people agree the actual moment to moment game play is great.

It seems you cant separate what financial practices you hate, and I don't like them either, from the base game play.

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Diddies
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts

@BassMan said:
@todddow said:

@ghosts4ever: yeah, Mass Effect Andromeda was the most embarrassing AAA game I can ever remember. It was hilariously bad.

It was definitely rushed. However, I played it months later after it had been patched on PC. It is not as good as the original trilogy, but I enjoyed it.

I played it a few months ago right after the trilogy. I didn't finish as I started other games, but I didn't think it is as bad as people are saying. I understand that the story wasn't as good, but what was it that made people hate it?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

@cainetao11 said:
@KungfuKitten said:
@cainetao11 said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Yes. A studio's fvck ups in finance or perhaps publishers forcing it, doesn't negate the obvious talent and ability to develop a quality game. I don't like the pay 2 win shylocking being done but it doesn't mean the moment to moment game play developed is bad.

Those **** ups are part of the gameplay though. They're part of DICE becoming worse over time. Be it through pressure or otherwise they are less capable of delivering a good game than 5 years ago. I'd look for talent elsewhere at this point. I bet most of the talented people have left already. That's usually what happens when a publisher forces itself onto a developer like that.

No, those fvckups had nothing to do with BATTLEFIELD. Zero, none, nothing. They were in Battlefront 2 and actually removed. So by all means hate them, cry and moan, but it doesn't equate to a game having terrible shooting, graphics, level design. And after them being gone from Battlefront 2 most people agree the actual moment to moment game play is great.

It seems you cant separate what financial practices you hate, and I don't like them either, from the base game play.

I challenge that based on what I have seen.

It appears to me to be basically COD with a Star Wars skin.

its not exactly as if the FPS genre is missing any solid game mechanics. what it is missing is a shred of creativity

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By cainetao11

@tryit said:
@cainetao11 said:
@KungfuKitten said:
@cainetao11 said:

its not exactly as if the FPS genre is missing any solid game mechanics. what it is missing is a shred of creativity

still doesn't refute what I said. Lootboxes don't negate a devs ability to make good game play that entertains. It makes them shady money hungry businesses but not bad at the base job of making a playable game.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 TryIt

@cainetao11 said:
@tryit said:
@cainetao11 said:
@KungfuKitten said:
@cainetao11 said:

still doesn't refute what I said. Lootboxes don't negate a devs ability to make good game play that entertains. It makes them shady money hungry businesses but not bad at the base job of making a playable game.

its the 'good game' part that I do not agree with you on.

lootboxes or not, doing nothing more than putting a Star Wars skin on a COD package is not what I would call a 'good game'

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By cainetao11

@tryit said:
@cainetao11 said:
@tryit said:
@cainetao11 said:

its the 'good game' part that I do not agree with you on.

lootboxes or not, doing nothing more than putting a Star Wars skin on a COD package is not what I would call a 'good game'

I hear ya. There is no argument there, so I don't bother. Its all subjective. Whats good to you may be shyte to me and vice versa. My point to the TC and the other replier stands. Hate the business practices but that doesn't negate what they are good at mechanically.

It doesn't play like COD imo. Battlefield is what it is a reskin of for obvious reasons. I'll play it for the rest of the year before I play shyte like Persona. That is coma inducing bitch shit.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#57 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

I'm one of the rare people that liked Mirrors Edge Catalyst as for the BF series I use to be a big fan of them Battlefield 2 is probably my favorite MP game of all time. But the Battlefield games we get today are garbage they may look amazing graphically and have awesome destruction but the gameplay is dumbed down from what the series use to be it just feels like I'm playing COD with vehicles. The BF games don't require any skill or teamwork anymore it's just a twitch shooter.The only thing Dice are good for these days are hopefully making another Mirror's Edge game in the future. So is Dice the worst AAA dev? nope but they are a huge step down from what they use to be and they ruined the BF games.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#58 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

Valve or Nintendo are the worst. They release garbage games that get overrated by fanboys.

I have no idea why “left 4 dead” was praised so highly for being a 20 minute game. It bored me to tears.

AcePilot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By AcePilot
Member since 2017 • 98 Posts

IMAO their last good game is BF2142. The launch was horrible indeed but eventually became my favorite Battlefield franchise of all time. DICE were full of people who had creative talents in their mind until then.

And after I bought BF3, I lost interest on them. I hate how they just ignore old fans and keep degenerating their games for money.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#60 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

@acepilot said:

IMAO their last good game is BF2142. The launch was horrible indeed but eventually became my favorite Battlefield franchise of all time. DICE were full of people who had creative talents in their mind until then.

And after I bought BF3, I lost interest on them. I hate how they just ignore old fans and keep degenerating their games for money.

I've been wanting BF2143 for years now. 2142 was fucking amazeballs. The DICE that made that game is probably not today's DICE though, I'm afraid. Now I'm instead hoping that someone else than DICE will make a Battlefield-like game and steal DICE's thunder by giving PC gamers, who are tired of getting fucking crap ever since DICE started to go consoles, what they want.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

@cainetao11 said:
@KungfuKitten said:
@cainetao11 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@BassMan said:

Battlefield is still the best MP FPS out there. So, no, I do not agree with your bullshit.

It's exactly this. DICE has still demonstrated top level proficiency in game mechanics and design. That being the core design, levels, shooting mechanics, weapon balancing, mission structure, etc... The monetization is something that impacts all this, but it's still a separate and additional component layered over that foundation. It's the integration of this that affects the overall experience, which would not have been what it is without it's inclusion had DICE been free from this interference to their original design.

The blame for SW Battlefront's failure lies squarely with EA for tainting the experience with their greed, not in DICE's capabilities and talent in game design.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By TryIt

@AdobeArtist said:
@cainetao11 said:
@KungfuKitten said:
@cainetao11 said:

It's exactly this. DICE has still demonstrated top level proficiency in game mechanics and design. That being the core design, levels, shooting mechanics, weapon balancing, mission structure, etc... The monetization is something that impacts all this, but it's still a separate and additional component layered over that foundation. It's the integration of this that affects the overall experience, which would not have been what it is without it's inclusion had DICE been free from this interference to their original design.

The blame for SW Battlefront's failure lies squarely with EA for tainting the experience with their greed, not in DICE's capabilities and talent in game design.

I take issue with this assessment.

namely because from what I have seen SW Battlefront is nothing more than a copy of COD with a different skin.

basically a modded skin of COD. I dont think that is something to praise a developer for.

that is how I see it

I know its not technically a skin of COD but I am speaking overall they just basically copied code maybe even literally within their own shop

kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#63 kemar7856
Member since 2004 • 11783 Posts

I love BF1 it still outlasted the last 2 call of duty games