hardyz200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By hardyz200
Member since 2010 • 543 Posts

Im thinking of getting it on next gen but i was wondering if there is any difference between Next gen version and current gen because i could get the ps3 copy for $15 as opposed to payiing $70 for my ps4 copy.

Thanks much :)

adders99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 adders99
Member since 2005 • 2623 Posts

the Ultimate evil edition on the consoles come with the expansion included also... I have the regular version on my xbox 360 and it plays fine. I would say get the regular version on ps3, the price alone is way better.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

Well for starters it looks and performs better on new consoles, naturally (and the difference is not marginal). The new systems also can handle a lot more enemies on the screen, so the monster density on the new versions is similar (not sure if the same) as the PC version. Differences in monster density also hase a cascading effect on xp/kill, loot probabilities, gold, difficulty levels, ect. So while both 7th and 8th gen versions are substantially similar games, there are numerous differences.

Also should be mentioned, the 8th gen versions include the latest expansion. While the 7th gen consoles also have a version with Reaper of Souls included, it's more likely that the version you're thinking of for $15 is last years, which only has the base game. The version with the expansion included launch last week for 360 and PS3, but for $39.99 instead of the $59.99 for the 8th gen versions.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#4 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

TC, first:ps4/x1 is current gen. Ps3/360 are last gen

Second it is WAAAAYYYY better because master chief, Mario, and Joel are playable character classes

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Does it even have online multiplayer or just offline co op?

Vecna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Vecna
Member since 2002 • 3425 Posts

@MBirdy88: Online and local are options.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

console version is not getting ladders or seasons because of client-side heroes and rampant hacking/duping of items.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#8 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

I put in quite a bit of time with the 360 version, and this weekend I played non-stop on Xbox One.....let me tell you, there is a world of a difference, as far as I'm concerned. Diablo is a game of details, and these 2 years and this 2nd re-release has pretty much given us one of the most polished and amazing gaming experiences I've ever had. A few of the next gen highlights:

-Almost zero loading ....most I have had to wait is like 3 seconds I think. The graphical upgrade is a huge plus, not only is the monster density far greater than the previous gen version, the framerate is overall much more consistent and quite faster, and this makes the gameplay buttery smooth. Lots of stuff going onscreen, this looks great on a big screen TV...particle effects galore.

-Great community....perhaps because the game just came out, but it felt more active than last gen....made about 15 new friends this weekend alone, all cool people with mics and willing to work together...awesome stuff.

Not exclusive to next gen but want to mention these points too

-New gameplay elements such as adventude mode and rift hunting.....those are great to play once you beat the game, and they are noot mere afterthought....prepare to spend countless hours here if you find a good group of people to play with,....I feel I have barely scratched the surface.

-Expansion introduces the Transmorgrafier(I absolutely know I'm not spelling this right), an additional great option to customize your gear.....Act 5 looks great overall......and we get the Crusader, a new character based on the Paladin from Diablo 2. As a huge D2 fan, my jaw dropped on sunday morning when I unlocked the "Zeal" rune for one of his skills.....omg.....they even had a level in Act 5 that is basically a hommage to that worm level from D2(with that big worm boss at the end, underground).

Ok I'll stop now I gotta go have dinner, but yeah this game is great....if you are a big Diablo fan, definitely consider the effort to get it for your PS4.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@RoboCopISJesus said:

console version is not getting ladders or seasons because of client-side heroes and rampant hacking/duping of items.

.... thats my purchase out the window. shame.... sounds perfect except for that bit.

Why cant they just add an online portion specifically for this....

hardyz200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hardyz200
Member since 2010 • 543 Posts

Thanks for the help guys. I think I've decided to get it on next gen however I will wait for a price drop.

Hate_me_now22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11 Hate_me_now22
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I have a few quick questions on the game:

1) Is the multiplayer invite only or can you search for people?

2) Is it worth the $60 on the X1?

I've never played diablo before, but I do enjoy RPGs. I'm just not sure if i should get it if I have no current friends playing the game.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@MBirdy88: I have yet to see any dupes in UEE . The dupes were wiped with the patch. Don't listen to the troll.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

@hardyz200 said:

Im thinking of getting it on next gen but i was wondering if there is any difference between Next gen version and current gen because i could get the ps3 copy for $15 as opposed to payiing $70 for my ps4 copy.

Thanks much :)

Yes very different. IMO

Larger Mobs groups. 2 times the size as last gen.

Faster load-times. Way faster.

Smooth as butter.

Better difficulty. Harder is always better for me.

Feels like a different game entirely. Not gameplay wise. It's still diablo.

Well worth it to me. I have the X1 version.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@AM-Gamer said:

@MBirdy88: I have yet to see any dupes in UEE . The dupes were wiped with the patch. Don't listen to the troll.

its not about the dupes. i dont mind cheating offline.

Ladder's/Seasons is what makes the online of these games though...

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

If you have a somewhat capable PC, that's the version you want.

Otherwise, for the love of dog, go current gen instead of Trey/360.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 AM-Gamer

@MBirdy88: They could come but the community needs time to build. You also get local co op and avenger mode is awesome.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@AM-Gamer said:

@MBirdy88: They could come but the community needs time to build. You also get local co op and avenger mode is awesome.

Local Co-Op is tempting. but I already own the game on PC (without expansion) ... and not buying it on that either, the co-op and just amshing buttons on a console was the sell. but the lack of the best bit of online is a deal breaker.

Avenger Mode ... would be great.... only one problem. most of my friend group are PC gamers. the console gamers in my life for some odd reason all went with friggin Xbox Ones.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

I've been playing on PS4. It's comparable to the PC version right now. I don't have a clue about the PS3 version, but I could see there being less enemies or even slowdown at times. It'd be worth paying a little extra for this type of game to be the best version.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AM-Gamer

@MBirdy88: Well it does help if you know people but I've met alot of people on the game. Only one of my PSN friends got the game and right now the community is pretty strong. Most the people I play with I just met.