Is Days Gone the next Tlou? (clone wise)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

We've seen Diablo clones, Dark Souls clones, Skyrim clones and now are we about to see Tlou clones?

The dynamic events sounds interesting

pretty hyped

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#2 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

Good video. I'm hopeful for this game.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Isn't that style of game mechanically super common at this point? Third person shoulder shooting with pseudo stealth mechanics n a crafting system of your supplies. Tomb Raider technically works that way, Evil Within has a lot of those elements, Horizon has those elements.

Personally I've just looked at as part of the triple A "all-game". What with all of em sharing so many base mechanical similarities.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#4 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

Isn't that style of game mechanically super common at this point? Third person shoulder shooting with pseudo stealth mechanics n a crafting system of your supplies. Tomb Raider technically works that way, Evil Within has a lot of those elements, Horizon has those elements.

Personally I've just looked at as part of the triple A "all-game". What with all of em sharing so many base mechanical similarities.

Pretty much. New GoW will be another imo.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

What Skyrim clones?

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@Jebus213: breath of the Wild and Tw3. Of course neither came remotely close to the GOAT but they tried at least

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@mems_1224: TW3 is better than Skyrim in every way...

Anyway, as for Days Gone, everything I've seen of it looks kinda generic. But we'll see I guess.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mems_1224

@hrt_rulz01: it's not. It has better writing and acting but that's about it. Hell, I'd even argue the combat isn't as good as vanilla skyrim, nevermind modded skyrim.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

This game looks flat out trash!

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@mems_1224: TW3 is MUCH more interesting overall, especially the missions and just the game world in general. Skyrim is empty and boring IMO.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mems_1224

@hrt_rulz01: you're entitled to your wrong opinions but in the real world where facts matter Tw3 doesn't even compete in the same league as skyrim. Skyrim is the NBA while Tw3 is more like an amateur league in a third world country

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#12 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@hrt_rulz01: I thought the opposite, skyrims world and missions were interesting and the witchers was boring.

Neither game has good combat, unless skyrim is modded.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#13 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I'm pumped up for days gone

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56041 Posts

Honestly, as much as I play TLoU to death, (7 times already) I really don't see Days Gone nothing like TLoU at all. To me, it looks way more like The Walking Dead like season 6-7 due to the Biker Gang Leather Shirt I'm seeing and the gameplay we saw looks like it's TWD season 6 with the same gang biker so I'm seeing Days Gone way more TWD then TLoU but remember, that's just my personal point of view.

Now as far as I enjoy playing just about all Zombie games, I'm kinda leading more towards Strange Brigade which looks like way more fun then Days Gone but that doesn't mean I'm writing this game off. I'll wait for the reviews before I buy Days Gone but for now, Strange Brigade is my go to Zombie games this year.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#15 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@mems_1224:

Anyway, as for Days Gone, everything I've seen of it looks kinda generic. But we'll see I guess.

Might be a fun little QTE game.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44033 Posts

Nah, likely even the epic flop known as TFOU > Daze Gong. lol :P

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#17 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

I think the new God of War is the "The Last of Us" clone.

Days Gone is just another Walking Dead game.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56041 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

I think the new God of War is the "The Last of Us" clone.

Days Gone is just another Walking Dead game.

This is basically the case here, Days Gone is just so similar to The Walking Dead which is okay cause I love the series and yeah, the new God of War is closer to TLoU but in a good way, I was getting sick & tired of Kratos mindless revenge which hardly character development and I'm glad to see this new Kratos has feelings this time around, so I welcome this change to Kratos.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

@hrt_rulz01: you're entitled to your wrong opinions but in the real world where facts matter Tw3 doesn't even compete in the same league as skyrim. Skyrim is the NBA while Tw3 is more like an amateur league in a third world country

This kind of opinions-states-as-facts is painful. I hope you're being intentionally inflammatory and aren't incapable of understanding that the many differences between Skyrim and TW3 mean some people might have an equally valid right to feel the exact opposite about this comparison. I don't even see how someone would try to pass off TW3 and freaking Zelda as "Skyrim clones". There's barely a resemblance, and they have their own pedigrees that they follow

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#20 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

This last video almost made me lose the interest in this game!

Detective vision, everything pointed in the map, the ability to mark enemies, etc. Looks like a Ubisoft game in disguise!

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

@Jebus213: breath of the Wild and Tw3. Of course neither came remotely close to the GOAT but they tried at least

Bruh, The Witcher 3 shits all over Skyrim. You can't be serious. You should know better lol

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#22 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

This looks boring af, not going to spend 60 bucks on that.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Looks promising, i am littled hyped for this game

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ballroompirate

@davillain-: The combat is the only slightly difference (pace wise) with tlou favoring stealth/cover while DG is more run and gun. Also DG looks like it's more open to how you travel around maps/areas compared to tlous linear lvls. I don't see DG being as amazing as Tlou but I see it being half as good as tlou.

Loading Video...

Also to all of the TW poser fans, get over it lol. CDPR wanted the next TW game to have a open world like Skyrim, praising it and they did, making a damn good TW game.

and

@jg4xchamp said:

TEW and TR aren't post modern day post apocalyptic games

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 xantufrog  Moderator

This looks pretty good, actually. I don't like the sluggish camera rotation, though.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator

@Ballroompirate: making TW3 open world "like Skyrim" doesn't mean TW3 is a Skyrim clone. They are completely different experiences. It's probably fair to say every modern game takes inspirations from things some predecessor had done. The devs often acknowledge those inspirations. But TW3 is nothing like Skyrim, regardless of which side of the "X is better than Y" camp you're on. They have swords and quests I guess... some places are snowy and others aren't. You attempt to have conversations with varying success.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

Lol

Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts

I hope not. I can't handle another masterpiece.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#29 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@Badosh said:

I hope not. I can't handle another masterpiece.

Don't play BotW

Tigerbalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Tigerbalm
Member since 2017 • 1118 Posts

I have great hopes for this amazing looking game.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ballroompirate

@xantufrog said:

@Ballroompirate: making TW3 open world "like Skyrim" doesn't mean TW3 is a Skyrim clone. They are completely different experiences. It's probably fair to say every modern game takes inspirations from things some predecessor had done. The devs often acknowledge those inspirations. But TW3 is nothing like Skyrim, regardless of which side of the "X is better than Y" camp you're on. They have swords and quests I guess... some places are snowy and others aren't. You attempt to have conversations with varying success.

You do realize the previous TW games weren't open world right? (in fact they we're very linear) and outside of a few differences they are NOT different experience's, we're not comparing assassins creed to call of duty, we're talking about two of the greatest wrpgs to come out in the last decade. Skyrim showed people wanted a fast open world wrpg where you can go on a main quest first or go off helping a milk maid on a side quest to kill a werewolf who's addicted to milk. CDPR saw this and why not combine the amazing story and lore of Andrzej Sapkowski's The Witcher and have it be open world like the titan Skyrim.

Even Nintendo saw the greatness of what a open world could do to a LoZ game and it paid off greatly. Were just not comparing "oh it's just an open world map", I mean shit Daggerfall had a bigger map than TW3 and Skyrim combined, were diving into what YOU as a player can do in that open world map, something Skyrim showed us possible (and even broke the PS3 version cause the hardware couldn't handle it) and CDPR saw gamers liked that and it was a good combination, they dropped the linear style of the previous TW games and gave us this Witcher world to explore.

We see a lot of games try to one up other games and they mostly flat out fail (look at games that try to be the next dark souls), seeing Days Gone I'm hoping it's half as good as Tlou and bring us back into the survival tps horror/action genre which has been pretty none existent these past few years (no I'm not counting the EA games on steam).

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

I still can't believe they wen't with UE4 for this....

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Kidding aside it looks like a cool game so far.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

I love TLOU, replayed it recently and it's still fantastic. Days Gone looks like generic 'kill 1000 zombies everywhere you go' trash from everything I've seen so far and the 'hero' looks plain fucking ridiculous so really, nothing like TLOU at all.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50548 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

Dem jokes!

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50548 Posts

@DragonfireXZ95: What are we supposed to be seeing with those images? :/

lrdfancypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By lrdfancypants
Member since 2014 • 3850 Posts

Reminds me of what I'd imagine a walking dead game would be.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DragonfireXZ95

@Chutebox said:

@DragonfireXZ95: What are we supposed to be seeing with those images? :/

Look at the road signs, or lack thereof.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DragonfireXZ95

@Ballroompirate said:
@xantufrog said:

You do realize the previous TW games weren't open world right? (in fact they we're very linear) and outside of a few differences they are NOT different experience's, we're not comparing assassins creed to call of duty, we're talking about two of the greatest wrpgs to come out in the last decade. Skyrim showed people wanted a fast open world wrpg where you can go on a main quest first or go off helping a milk maid on a side quest to kill a werewolf who's addicted to milk. CDPR saw this and why not combine the amazing story and lore of Andrzej Sapkowski's The Witcher and have it be open world like the titan Skyrim.

Even Nintendo saw the greatness of what a open world could do to a LoZ game and it paid off greatly. Were just not comparing "oh it's just an open world map", I mean shit Daggerfall had a bigger map than TW3 and Skyrim combined, were diving into what YOU as a player can do in that open world map, something Skyrim showed us possible (and even broke the PS3 version cause the hardware couldn't handle it) and CDPR saw gamers liked that and it was a good combination, they dropped the linear style of the previous TW games and gave us this Witcher world to explore.

We see a lot of games try to one up other games and they mostly flat out fail (look at games that try to be the next dark souls), seeing Days Gone I'm hoping it's half as good as Tlou and bring us back into the survival tps horror/action genre which has been pretty none existent these past few years (no I'm not counting the EA games on steam).

Neither of the games were "linear" in a sense. They had hub areas, where the main story was told in a linear fashion, but the games still had sprawling areas to run around in between each chapter.

TuMekeNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TuMekeNZ
Member since 2016 • 149 Posts

Game looks interesting but hope it's not a clone. Should be good on it's own merits but sadly haven't seen anything that blows my mind

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 xantufrog  Moderator

@DragonfireXZ95: also, my point was that being inspired to go "open world" due to Skyrim's appeal doesn't make TW3 a clone. It's much much more "TW2+" than it is "TES". Really, IMO these are dramatically different games. I guess if you play in 3rd person in Skyrim (booo) it starts to look a little more similar

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18792 Posts

@mjorh said:

This game looks flat out trash!

The Last of Us bored me too.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By DragonfireXZ95

@xantufrog said:

@DragonfireXZ95: also, my point was that being inspired to go "open world" due to Skyrim's appeal doesn't make TW3 a clone. It's much much more "TW2+" than it is "TES". Really, IMO these are dramatically different games. I guess if you play in 3rd person in Skyrim (booo) it starts to look a little more similar

Agreed with you there, not disputing that. TW3 isn't anything like Skyrim in terms of open world. TW3 is simply more in depth. Sure, there are technically more things to do in Skyrim as far as meaningless crap goes, especially if you count mods, but the story and lore in The Witcher 3 just tears it to pieces, piled on with the fact that you can change the storyline of the main quest and almost every side quest in The Witcher 3, but you can't do crap with the Skyrim storyline or even almost all of the side quests.

Coupled with the that, TW3 just has way better combat(imo) if you don't count Skyrim with mods. Skyrim without mods is just hack and slash nonsense, even on the higher difficulties, it's just lame as hell. The most fun I had was probably sneaking around using the bow, but that gets old after a while.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3727 Posts

You can't make a walking-dead type game like this in 2017 and no have multiplayer. That's just idiotic. LOL at the environment pop-in.