Is 20 GB more then enough?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Mikazukinoyaiba
Mikazukinoyaiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Mikazukinoyaiba
Member since 2007 • 733 Posts
I'm looking up all info on the Xbox 360 to ensure I get the most bang for my buckat the end of the year when they hopefully annoucnce a price drop (if not I'll continue to wait until they do) and I want to make sure a 20 GB harddrive is enough space to last me pretty much forever. I heard from many people that the 20 GB harddrive is too small and isn't enough, but this is only if you download movies, Live Arcade games, backwards compatability content, and save your 360 games on it. I don't plan on downloading any movies (I am not a movie enthusiast and see about 2 movies every other year) and I have no interest in live arcade and have no Xbox game for BC (and I won't be getting them) so my harddrive would be used only for 360 games. So am I good? Also the wireless accessory for the 360 is way too expensive, it's crazy. Anyone know of a good generic/third party one that I could purchase?
Infinatey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Infinatey
Member since 2006 • 1059 Posts

PS3. 60gb hard drive, built in wifi.

if you are ONLY going to play games offline, then 13.5 gb should be fine (it takes space for BC, dashboard, updates...etc).

You cannot use a 3rd party accessory for wifi.

Avatar image for Mikazukinoyaiba
Mikazukinoyaiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Mikazukinoyaiba
Member since 2007 • 733 Posts

PS3. 60gb hard drive, built in wifi.

Infinatey
Sony has only 1 game that interests me so far, Metal Gear Solid 3 and I am very unsure of their future as of now. Also I am a college student so asking me to pay $600 is a lot, I mean a LOT. Even with a price drop it seems pretty hefty to me, I'm glad it has built in wi-fi (which should be a standard, IMO) but I'll wait to get the PS3 when it is a last-gen system and I'll buy it used even. None of the PS3's features interest me, much like non of the 360's interest me.

You cannot use a 3rd party accessory for wifi.

Well that sucks, no online features for me then.
Shadow_op

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Shadow_op
Member since 2006 • 4566 Posts
Wii has a built in hard drive! lol.
gnutux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 gnutux
Member since 2005 • 1341 Posts
20 GB is more than enough, unless you constantly download demos and HD videos off XBL. gnutux
Etherninty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Etherninty
Member since 2006 • 1678 Posts
20 gigs is more than enough in your case.
gnutux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gnutux
Member since 2005 • 1341 Posts
[QUOTE="Shadow_op"]Wii has a built in hard drive! lol.

No it doesn't. It has a builtin Flash storage. gnutux
ironwarrior2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ironwarrior2
Member since 2006 • 2590 Posts
Yeah, 20 is plenty even if you love XBLA.  I have 15 arcade games, they don't take up very much space at all.
kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 kcpp2b
Member since 2006 • 12498 Posts

I'm looking up all info on the Xbox 360 to ensure I get the most bang for my buckat the end of the year when they hopefully annoucnce a price drop (if not I'll continue to wait until they do) and I want to make sure a 20 GB harddrive is enough space to last me pretty much forever. I heard from many people that the 20 GB harddrive is too small and isn't enough, but this is only if you download movies, Live Arcade games, backwards compatability content, and save your 360 games on it. I don't plan on downloading any movies (I am not a movie enthusiast and see about 2 movies every other year) and I have no interest in live arcade and have no Xbox game for BC (and I won't be getting them) so my harddrive would be used only for 360 games. So am I good? Also the wireless accessory for the 360 is way too expensive, it's crazy. Anyone know of a good generic/third party one that I could purchase?Mikazukinoyaiba

For me it's more then enough and if you dont download movies or shows then you should have no problem with,

"Live Arcade games, backwards compatability content, and save your 360 games on it. "

Unless you plan on downloading every XBL arcade game there is which will cost you as well. 

Kayrod29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 Kayrod29
Member since 2005 • 5301 Posts
If you think 20 GB isn't enough, just get the 120 GB.
Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#11 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts
[QUOTE="Mikazukinoyaiba"]I'm looking up all info on the Xbox 360 to ensure I get the most bang for my buckat the end of the year when they hopefully annoucnce a price drop (if not I'll continue to wait until they do) and I want to make sure a 20 GB harddrive is enough space to last me pretty much forever. I heard from many people that the 20 GB harddrive is too small and isn't enough, but this is only if you download movies, Live Arcade games, backwards compatability content, and save your 360 games on it. I don't plan on downloading any movies (I am not a movie enthusiast and see about 2 movies every other year) and I have no interest in live arcade and have no Xbox game for BC (and I won't be getting them) so my harddrive would be used only for 360 games. So am I good? Also the wireless accessory for the 360 is way too expensive, it's crazy. Anyone know of a good generic/third party one that I could purchase?

i have 20 gigs, and it's fine. i have almost 20 live arcade games, the PSU demo(aka endless beta), a few videos, and tons of bc/360 game saves and i'm hardly over half way.
KillaHalo2o9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 KillaHalo2o9
Member since 2006 • 5305 Posts
Wait for the 120GB HD for the 360 :P