Is 1080p really needed in games ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#151 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="faizan_faizan"]

I just realized loosingENDS is an idiot.:|

faizan_faizan

Took you a while. He's been doing this for a loooooooooooooong time

Probably because i'm new here, Taking things and people into consideration does take a while, Thanks for the reply.

He's on, like, his 3rd or 4th account, been banned for gametrailers, ign, etc :P It's been quite the circus :)

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

As of right now, resolution is the most important setting in PC games....

So make up your own mind.

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

[QUOTE="faizan_faizan"][QUOTE="wis3boi"]

wis3boi

Probably because i'm new here, Taking things and people into consideration does take a while, Thanks for the reply.

He's on, like, his 3rd or 4th account, been banned for gametrailers, ign, etc :P It's been quite the circus :)

I can see........
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

better > worse

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#155 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

[QUOTE="cain006"]

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

that's because the vast majority of console games are rendered at 720p or under. Moving up to a 1080p display won't make them look any better because it's not changing the render resolution. Only the display.

the_bi99man

...I know. I'm talking about games on my pc. I've played Shift 2, Driver San Francisco, and Mass Effect 2/3 so far. I know they're not the best games to judge this by but they look almost as good as they did in 1080p on my monitor.

Well, that can probably be mostly chocked up to viewing distance. Either way, the point I've been trying to make throughout this thread (that loosey can't wrap his head around), is that even if you're on a big TV, and sitting far away, so 720p doesn't necessarily look bad, it would still look even better if it was 1080p. Loosey doesn't seem to understand this. He's one of those types that loves to use the "farther away from the screen makes it look better" argument, to claim lower resolutions look fine, but he doesn't realize that the same thing applies to ALL resolutions. Sitting 8 feet away from the screen makes 720p look better, but it will also make 1080p look even better, as well. The whole scale just shifts up.

He's also claimed throughout this thread that games should just keep piling on more detail, at an engine level, without increasing resolution, while completely ignoring the fact that engine level details get rapidly dimishing returns when they don't have a render resolution capable of displaying them properly, as was illustrated marvelously by the Dark Souls resolution comparison GIF someone posted a few pages back.

Edit: Here it is again. The only difference here is a jump from the console/vanilla PC standard sub-720p res, to the full 1080p allowed by DSfix. No assets, textures, or anything like that are changed. All the detail you can see in the 1080p shot is actually there in the other shot, just buried and blurred because the lower resolution simply doesn't have enough pixels to display it. And Dark Souls doesn't even have anywhere near the highest quality assets and textures that are available in games these days.

I know it looks better, but 1080p is way harder to render than 720p. I get that this is a Loosingend's thread, and he's wrong. But if you're playing on a console, I'd take cool new technology over clarity that would be barely noticable from a couch.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#156 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

Better is better.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#157 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

[QUOTE="cain006"]...I know. I'm talking about games on my pc. I've played Shift 2, Driver San Francisco, and Mass Effect 2/3 so far. I know they're not the best games to judge this by but they look almost as good as they did in 1080p on my monitor.

cain006

Well, that can probably be mostly chocked up to viewing distance. Either way, the point I've been trying to make throughout this thread (that loosey can't wrap his head around), is that even if you're on a big TV, and sitting far away, so 720p doesn't necessarily look bad, it would still look even better if it was 1080p. Loosey doesn't seem to understand this. He's one of those types that loves to use the "farther away from the screen makes it look better" argument, to claim lower resolutions look fine, but he doesn't realize that the same thing applies to ALL resolutions. Sitting 8 feet away from the screen makes 720p look better, but it will also make 1080p look even better, as well. The whole scale just shifts up.

He's also claimed throughout this thread that games should just keep piling on more detail, at an engine level, without increasing resolution, while completely ignoring the fact that engine level details get rapidly dimishing returns when they don't have a render resolution capable of displaying them properly, as was illustrated marvelously by the Dark Souls resolution comparison GIF someone posted a few pages back.

Edit: Here it is again. The only difference here is a jump from the console/vanilla PC standard sub-720p res, to the full 1080p allowed by DSfix. No assets, textures, or anything like that are changed. All the detail you can see in the 1080p shot is actually there in the other shot, just buried and blurred because the lower resolution simply doesn't have enough pixels to display it. And Dark Souls doesn't even have anywhere near the highest quality assets and textures that are available in games these days.

I know it looks better, but 1080p is way harder to render than 720p. I get that this is a Loosingend's thread, and he's wrong. But if you're playing on a console, I'd take cool new technology over clarity that would be barely noticable from a couch.

I'm just saying that the cool new technology, and advanced effects and details that everyone is hoping "next-gen" games will have, will make next to no difference if there's not a resolution increase to match it. As is demonstrated very well by Dark Souls, and many other games, 720p is already holding back detail, a lot. Why increase detail without increasing resolution, when 720p can't even properly show the level of detail that there already is, in almost every game? The only way that "next gen" console games are actually going to look "next gen", is if they're all being rendered in native 1080p, first and foremost. Worry about increasing details and effects after that. Otherwise, even more details and effects being piled on are going to literally do nothing, as 720p can't even show current-gen detail levels. Not to mention that fact that by the time the next gen consoles come out, 720p TVs will barely even be available anymore, and 1080p is extremely affordable, and has been the standard for years already.

Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

Spiderman-Look-Laugh-74015779831.jpeg

R4gn4r0k

How fitting that Bale is in your sig

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
Yes it is needed and we will never get to the level Avatar is at. You clearly have no clue what it takes to make something like Avatar.
richsena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 richsena
Member since 2007 • 435 Posts

To respond to the thread, I absolutely think consoles need to move into 1080p.

Wideout Fusion is the best looking game (not best graphics) I've played this generation on consoles.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts
[QUOTE="Cranler"]

[QUOTE="04dcarraher"] Nope I take 120 fps 1680x1050 4xAA max settings over 600p or 720p04dcarraher

This is about fixed hardware silly boy. A console game even on the next box at those setting would have ps2 level graphics.

There's always an option. but cod 4 looked like a pixelated mess compared to Cod 2 on my 52" 1080 plasma.

Every review praised the graphics. Infinity Ward knows better than you where the priorities should be when it comes to graphics.
Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Cranler

[QUOTE="Cranler"][QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

That's because CGI movies are rendered by farms of computers, taking hours at a time to render a single scene. In other words, NOT REAL TIME. And to answer your question, yes, 1080p is absolutely needed. The difference between 720p and 1080p is night and day, for anyone who's not blind and/or trolling system wars. That's why all those CGI movies also look better in 1080p than 720p. Just like... literally everything looks better in 1080p than 720p. It's over twice as many pixels. It's not hard to understand. If the next Playstation and Xbox have ANY games that aren't being rendered in 1080p native... well that will just be beyond pathetic.

the_bi99man

You speak as if a game can be switched to 1080p without any sacrifice. Compare COD 2 to Cod 4 on consoles. Cod 2 is 720p while Cod 4 is 600p. All the graphical enhancements in Cod 4 allow it to look better at 600p than Cod2 at 720p. This is one time where Loosey has a good point.

We're not talking about performance. Yes, COD 4 has enough enhancements to the engine itself, that it looks better at 600p than CoD2 does at 720p, but that doesn't mean that COD4 wouldn't look even better if it had all those same enhancements, PLUS 720p (or more). That's what loosey is claiming here. That higher resolution wouldn't make a difference, even if it was the only change, and nothing was sacrificed for it. Also, the difference from 600p to 720p is nowhere near the size of the difference from 720p to 1080p. Loosey actually even said (not in the OP, but later in this thread), that a bad looking game will look even worse at higher resolution. Which is simply not true, and reveals the fact that he doesn't know the difference between render resolution and display resolution. He thinks that plugging something into a 1080p TV will make it render at 1080p, because he's utterly clueless. I tried to explain it to him, citing the fact that an old console, like an N64, looks worse plugged into and HDTV than it does plugged into an SDTV, because the tiny render resolution is being massively stretched to a larger display, but it probably went right over his head.

Potential performance issues aside, assuming that performance is not a problem, increasing render resolution can only make things look better. No matter what.

You seem to not understand the whole point of this thread. Of course Cod 4 would look better at 720p but on a console you cant have the improved shadows and lighting that came with Cod 4 and stay at 720p. Look how much IW was able to do by simply dropping to 600p, imagine the graphical improvements that could be made by staying at 720p next gen?

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Cranler

[QUOTE="cain006"]

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

that's because the vast majority of console games are rendered at 720p or under. Moving up to a 1080p display won't make them look any better because it's not changing the render resolution. Only the display.

the_bi99man

...I know. I'm talking about games on my pc. I've played Shift 2, Driver San Francisco, and Mass Effect 2/3 so far. I know they're not the best games to judge this by but they look almost as good as they did in 1080p on my monitor.

tumblr_mcxjq9w8RK1r34jygo1_1280.gif

No way is that just a res change, theres other mods in that.
faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 faizan_faizan

To respond to the thread, I absolutely think consoles need to move into 1080p.

Wideout Fusion is the best looking game (not best graphics) I've played this generation on consoles.

richsena
Why does it need to happen? PCs were already 1080p and more in 2004 PCs are already 1600p and more in 2013 Consoles are always two to three steps behind why?
04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

[QUOTE="cain006"]...I know. I'm talking about games on my pc. I've played Shift 2, Driver San Francisco, and Mass Effect 2/3 so far. I know they're not the best games to judge this by but they look almost as good as they did in 1080p on my monitor.

Cranler

Get over it its real.

its a night and day difference when you do the resolution fix.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 04dcarraher

[QUOTE="04dcarraher"][QUOTE="Cranler"] This is about fixed hardware silly boy. A console game even on the next box at those setting would have ps2 level graphics.Cranler
There's always an option. but cod 4 looked like a pixelated mess compared to Cod 2 on my 52" 1080 plasma.

Every review praised the graphics. Infinity Ward knows better than you where the priorities should be when it comes to graphics.

Totally bypassed the point :?

Cod 2 looked much better with sharpness and clarity.

hoplayletsplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 hoplayletsplay
Member since 2005 • 983 Posts
Depends how far you're sitting away from the TV. I think it's a must for PC because you are sitting much closer to the screen even though each pixels are smaller. Whereas for a TV, you're sitting a lot more further from the screen, you can hardly read the texts if they are displayed in the same size as the PC. Although full HD makes everything aesthetically better, it just improve much in terms of functionality. Or maybe I just need to sit closer to my TV.
04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 04dcarraher
[QUOTE="hoplayletsplay"]Depends how far you're sitting away from the TV. I think it's a must for PC because you are sitting much closer to the screen even though each pixels are smaller. Whereas for a TV, you're sitting a lot more further from the screen, you can hardly read the texts if they are displayed in the same size as the PC. Although full HD makes everything aesthetically better, it just improve much in terms of functionality. Or maybe I just need to sit closer to my TV.

its no different from watching bluray and a upscaled DVD even at the same distance you can see the difference in detail,sharpness and clarity
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

[QUOTE="faizan_faizan"][QUOTE="wis3boi"]

wis3boi

3rd or 4th? Try about about 9th or 10th account.
Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Cranler

04dcarraher

Get over it its real.

Are you trying to tell me that 720p cant render the color blue properly? Come on now.
hoplayletsplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 hoplayletsplay
Member since 2005 • 983 Posts
Of course higher res looks better than lower res. But you are given a set amount of power for a console. Developer has to decide if they should use those power to make a full HD game or settle with a lower res but otherwise more detailed game. Don't jump to the conclusion so fast people.
Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Cranler
[QUOTE="04dcarraher"][QUOTE="hoplayletsplay"]Depends how far you're sitting away from the TV. I think it's a must for PC because you are sitting much closer to the screen even though each pixels are smaller. Whereas for a TV, you're sitting a lot more further from the screen, you can hardly read the texts if they are displayed in the same size as the PC. Although full HD makes everything aesthetically better, it just improve much in terms of functionality. Or maybe I just need to sit closer to my TV.

its no different from watching bluray and a upscaled DVD even at the same distance you can see the difference in detail,sharpness and clarity

Youre comparing 480p native res to 1080p.
Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Cranler

[QUOTE="Cranler"][QUOTE="04dcarraher"] There's always an option. but cod 4 looked like a pixelated mess compared to Cod 2 on my 52" 1080 plasma.04dcarraher

Totally bypassed the point :?

Cod 2 looked much better with sharpness and clarity.

Sharpness and clarity is one aspect of the graphics. If COD 4 had worse graphics than Cod 2 then the reviewers wouldnt have praised its graphics would they?
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

[QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

Of course the end result matters but fend was talking about the quality of the port. So I replied to that. The port, in itself, does not allow for higher resolutions than 720p. So it does not show a huge difference between 720p and 1080p like he claimed.

If you count the resolution fix mod than it's not 'one of the crappiest ports to hit the PC' anymore. Because that mod does fixes the biggest problem the port had.

the_bi99man

I'd say it still warrants calling it a terrible port. :PI mean, that should nothave been something that a modder needed to "fix". A PC game with a locked resolution? I'm pretty sure that's completely unprecedented. The only excuse for why it didn't have resolution options available in the first place, is developer laziness on a legendary scale.

Edit: why do some of my posts come up with this tiny tiny font size? It's been happening with random posts every now and again for the last couple days. I don't get it. I'm not changing anything to make it that way, and I can't figure out how to fix it in an edit.

Btw, DSFix modder is not a rookie GpGPU programmer.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/08/28/how-dark-souls-pc-became-awesome.aspx

"Thoman is currently working toward a PhD in computer science at the University of Innsbruck in Austria"

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="04dcarraher"][QUOTE="Cranler"] No way is that just a res change, theres other mods in that. Cranler
Get over it its real.

Are you trying to tell me that 720p cant render the color blue properly? Come on now.

you clearly don't know jack sh!t

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 04dcarraher

[QUOTE="04dcarraher"][QUOTE="Cranler"] No way is that just a res change, theres other mods in that. Cranler
Get over it its real.

lol dark souls has a fixed resolution of 1024x720its not even 1280x720, below 1024x720 upscaled to 1080

1024x720xozqm.png

now with fix at 1920x1080

1920x1080ybxmv.png

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Zophar87
Member since 2008 • 4344 Posts

Are you serious OP? -_-

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Cranler

[QUOTE="Cranler"][QUOTE="04dcarraher"] Get over it its real. 04dcarraher

lol dark souls has a fixed resolution of 1024x720its not even 1280x720, below 1024x720 upscaled to 1080

1024x720xozqm.png

1920x1080ybxmv.png

Your screens arent loading but that fix must be removing some console blur that most console games seem to have. Color vibrancy and shadow darkness would not be changing like that with a simple res change.
Ben-Buja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 Ben-Buja
Member since 2011 • 2809 Posts

04dcarraher

Get over it its real.

This gif shows nicely how much just a resolution bump does to the graphics. Look how much detail is lost due to the sub HD resolution on the shield, and how jagged the sword appears to be...

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 Cranler

Are you serious OP? -_-

Zophar87
cgi looks better at 480i than any pc game at 1600p so he may have a point. Just like the Samaritan demo at 1080p destroys any pc game at 1600p or even 4k.
Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 Cranler

[QUOTE="04dcarraher"]

[QUOTE="Cranler"] No way is that just a res change, theres other mods in that. Ben-Buja

Get over it its real.

This gif shows nicely how much just a resolution bump does to the graphics. Look how much detail is lost due to the sub HD resolution on the shield, and how jagged the sword appears to be...

This mod is obviously removing some kind of blur filter, 720p has no problem displaying shadows and the clor blue at almost exactly the same level as 1080p. Color depth and shadows do not change with resolution like that. This is a fact that cant be refuted.
Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts
PC master race dominance
Ben-Buja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 Ben-Buja

[QUOTE="04dcarraher"]

[QUOTE="Cranler"] Are you trying to tell me that 720p cant render the color blue properly? Come on now. Cranler

Your screens arent loading but that fix must be removing some console blur that most console games seem to have. Color vibrancy and shadow darkness would not be changing like that with a simple res change.

Probably using Sweet FX as well. Still proves the point that going 1080P makes a big difference, even when the graphics basically stay the same. Hell, even Gamecube games look pretty good at 1080P.

775ffc045175eecf0b530afbd4f8dcd01149e1c1

42603-the-legend-of-zelda-the-wind-waker

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts
Awesome upscaled 720p cinematic blurriness.  Horrible looking 1080p PC sharpness:
tubbyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 tubbyc
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts

For 720p vs 1080p for consoles next gen, I honestly don't mind. 1080p would look sharper and make use of my TV's 1080p. On the other hand, I'm fine with 720p and it would allow for better performance, more AA, or maybe slightly higher graphical settings. The devs will balance everything out according to what they feel is best for each game. For PC gaming, I use my monitor's 1680x1050. Anything lower doesn't look very good that close up.

savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 savagetwinkie
Member since 2008 • 7981 Posts

has any one taken a a PC game and taken a 720p picture then compared it to 1080p. So far I've seen a 480i image compared with 1080p image on an emulator, probably with extra settings A possible 720p picture that has washed out colors compared to a 1080p with better color, and what looks like heavier AF

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 NoodleFighter  Online
Member since 2011 • 11792 Posts

[QUOTE="Cranler"][QUOTE="04dcarraher"]

Ben-Buja

Probably using Sweet FX as well. Still proves the point that going 1080P makes a big difference, even when the graphics basically stay the same. Hell, even Gamecube games look pretty good at 1080P.

That reminds me, someone is making a Nintendo like game with Wind Waker art style in UE3 for PC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdWS4EQKGTo

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Cranler

[QUOTE="Cranler"][QUOTE="04dcarraher"]

Ben-Buja

No way is that bottom pic 720p. This isnt about a straight comparison of 720p vs 1080p. Its about using all the power at you disposal on fixed hardware, 720p could have better lighting, shadows draw distance etc than the same game on the same hardware at 1080p/
faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 faizan_faizan

[QUOTE="Ben-Buja"]

[QUOTE="Cranler"] Your screens arent loading but that fix must be removing some console blur that most console games seem to have. Color vibrancy and shadow darkness would not be changing like that with a simple res change. NoodleFighter

That reminds me, someone is making a Nintendo like game with Wind Waker art style in UE3 for PC

Do WANT.
savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 savagetwinkie

Where would someoe Post images, I've got two skyrim pictures that are identical except for the res setting. I'm not really sure how to post them

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 Bebi_vegeta
Member since 2003 • 13558 Posts

[QUOTE="Ben-Buja"]

[QUOTE="Cranler"] Your screens arent loading but that fix must be removing some console blur that most console games seem to have. Color vibrancy and shadow darkness would not be changing like that with a simple res change. Cranler

No way is that bottom pic 720p. This isnt about a straight comparison of 720p vs 1080p. Its about using all the power at you disposal on fixed hardware, 720p could have better lighting, shadows draw distance etc than the same game on the same hardware at 1080p/

Then why is 720p even considered the mininal... since you gave your example of COD4 being 600p and looking superior to COD2 720p ?

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 faizan_faizan

Where would someoe Post images, I've got two skyrim pictures that are identical except for the res setting. I'm not really sure how to post them

savagetwinkie
http://imageshack.us/?no_multi=1
Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 Bebi_vegeta
Member since 2003 • 13558 Posts

savagetwinkie

Tinypic hosts free.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 NoodleFighter  Online
Member since 2011 • 11792 Posts

[QUOTE="NoodleFighter"]

[QUOTE="Ben-Buja"]

faizan_faizan

Do WANT.

You can help by voting for it on Steam Greenlight :)

Ben-Buja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 Ben-Buja

Here's another comparison I just made:

Hitman Absolution, same exact settings except resolution. The native 720P shots were upscaled to 1080P

hma2013-01-2102-08-537pkon.png

testvdkh1.png

hma2013-01-2102-11-01a0kzj.png

test_1lrk9b.png

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 faizan_faizan

[QUOTE="faizan_faizan"][QUOTE="NoodleFighter"]

NoodleFighter

Do WANT.

You can help by voting for it on Steam Greenlight :)

Already did.
savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 savagetwinkie

[QUOTE="savagetwinkie"]

Bebi_vegeta

Tinypic hosts free.

zl5e94.jpg2lthb86.jpg

iamrob7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#198 iamrob7
Member since 2007 • 2138 Posts

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

[QUOTE="savagetwinkie"]

savagetwinkie

Tinypic hosts free.

zl5e94.jpg2lthb86.jpg

Your pictures are not identical, one is far smaller than the other and the second picture is being squeezed also. For a comparison you need two shots 1080p size with the 720p shot upscaled to 1080p so they are the same size. That's how it works, try again.

savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 savagetwinkie

[QUOTE="savagetwinkie"]

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

Tinypic hosts free.

iamrob7

zl5e94.jpg2lthb86.jpg

Your pictures are not identical, one is far smaller than the other and the second picture is being squeezed also. For a comparison you need two shots 1080p size with the 720p shot upscaled to 1080p so they are the same size. That's how it works, try again.

Thats stupid, than your not comparing a 720p image vs 1080p image, then your capming a rendered 1080p image with a modified image. the second is being squeezed by game spot but you can easily view the direct web page, I just posted the images but I don't think gamespot really has the capabilities for setting up a proper compare. i
faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 faizan_faizan
[QUOTE="iamrob7"]

[QUOTE="savagetwinkie"]

zl5e94.jpg2lthb86.jpg

savagetwinkie

Thats stupid, than your not comparing a 720p image vs 1080p image, then your capming a rendered 1080p image with a modified image. the second is being squeezed by game spot but you can easily view the direct web page, I just posted the images but I don't think gamespot really has the capabilities for setting up a proper compare. i

A 1080P TV will always upscale 720P, The person who posted the Hitman Pics above has done the same and pretty good job.