uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#1 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 37589 Posts

Good news the developer who makes good, but financial flop baldy man games gets to soldier on.

Now, working for one of the worst Publishers around, a completely new IP probably riddled with microtransaction and a bunch of other shit that completely soils enjoyment as you help some prick in a suit buy a new lamborghini.

Are you hyped?

Hitman developer IO Interactive is teaming up with Warner Bros. for a new game

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and IO Interactive are back in the business of making video game magic, after revealing they’re working on a new game together.

Advertisement

However, it won’t be a sequel to Hitman 2. While, the two studios have previously partnered on a handful of titles in the Hitman series, joining forces when IO and Square Enix broke up, this new game will focus on a ‘new universe’

In the official press release, Hakan Abrak, the CEO of IO says that the studio "has a proud history of creating compelling characters and universes for our players to enjoy—it’s in our DNA. As we embark on this exciting project to create a new universe for IOI together with Warner Bros., we’re currently looking for ambitious talent to join our team in our Copenhagen and Malmö studios for this extraordinary journey." So, it's definitely not Hitman 3, and it's clear IO Interactive is utilizing the full force of both their Swedish and Danish studios. Whatever the game is, it's going to be a big one.

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment President David Haddad had similarly optimistic words about the studios' relationship: "we’re looking forward to partnering on this next endeavour to bring a new console and PC gaming experience to players globally.” The game division of Warner Bros. has published a vast library of games, including Batman: Arkham Asylum and Arkham City, the Mortal Kombat series, and a ton of Lego game titles.

There's no word on whether or not the project will be for next-gen consoles or today's consoles, but there's sure to be more information coming out in the near future.

It seems to be the season of vague game development announcements.

https://www.gamesradar.com/hitman-developer-io-interactive-is-teaming-up-with-warner-bros-for-a-new-game/

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 29429 Posts

Never could really get into the Hitman games, just not my cup of tea, but I will keep an open mind and see what kind of game this might turn out to be.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 11836 Posts

John wick the video game. Do it IO interactive. please do it.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 51511 Posts

Warner is gonna have so much fun with DLC and episodic content.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 5883 Posts

ew WB stinks!

Good for them though. I really liked the recent Hitman games.

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 warmblur
Member since 2017 • 4004 Posts

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 32555 Posts

New IP from IO is fantastic news

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 uninspiredcup

I mean in there case, shit wasn't going good, putting out good games, but no one was playing them but Ghost.

A man (or woman) (pronouns) needs to eat.

So yea, if they end up making some shit, but it sells, can't really begrudge them.

@warmblur said:

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 warmblur

@uninspiredcup said:

I mean in there case, shit wasn't going good, putting out good games, but no one was playing them but Ghost.

A man (or woman) (pronouns) needs to eat.

So yea, if they end up making some shit, but it sells, can't really begrudge them.

@warmblur said:

True but WB is one of the worst this wouldn't end well I have a feeling.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 45640 Posts

Warner brought us the Batman: Arkham games and the Middle-Earth games. They're OK in my books.

With IOI added to their roster, I am hopeful.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 14799 Posts

Wish IO would get back to Freedom Fighters. Damn commies, plumbers unite!

I emailed them once and asked about it, they replied and said they haven't forgotten and would return to it. That was around five+ years ago.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 23722 Posts

"Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment" = "one of the worst Publishers around"?

How so? For 3rd parties, I'd certainly say they're better than EA, Ubisoft, Activision, Konami at a minimum. What exactly do they do that's so awful?

I'm well up for a new IO Interactive game, they're great. I even enjoyed both Kane and Lynch campaigns! Albeit in drunk co-op.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 R4gn4r0k

@locopatho said:

"Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment" = "one of the worst Publishers around"?

How so? For 3rd parties, I'd certainly say they're better than EA, Ubisoft, Activision, Konami at a minimum. What exactly do they do that's so awful?

I'm well up for a new IO Interactive game, they're great. I even enjoyed both Kane and Lynch campaigns! Albeit in drunk co-op.

Well Konami is certainly one of the worst. Besides PES they don't even make games anymore. It's just pachinko machines and other crap, no effort being put into real PC/console games.

I'm also not very fond of Activision. They really don't make that many games anymore and go all in on their massive franchises like COD. Though they are crawling out of the hole again with games like Spyro and Crash remasters.

Ubisoft and EA just love going overboard with microtransactions, those law-breaking rapscallions. Oh wait? There are no laws around video game gambling? Nevermind then.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3239 Posts

If Archangel doesn't like it that probably means it's good.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 29429 Posts

@bussinrounds: So interested in what I like or don’t like. Is this what it’s like living rent free in someone’s head? 😂

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DragonfireXZ95  Online
Member since 2005 • 25874 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@locopatho said:

Well Konami is certainly one of the worst. Besides PES they don't even make games anymore. It's just pachinko machines and other crap, no effort being put into real PC/console games.

I'm also not very fond of Activision. They really don't make that many games anymore and go all in on their massive franchises like COD. Though they are crawling out of the hole again with games like Spyro and Crash remasters.

Ubisoft and EA just love going overboard with microtransactions, those law-breaking rapscallions. Oh wait? There are no laws around video game gambling? Nevermind then.

They made a new Contra that is absolutely horrid. Lol

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 R4gn4r0k

@DragonfireXZ95 said:

That was probably the only game at E3 I didn't pay attention too, lmao.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 3954 Posts

I have never really liked Hitman all that much, combine that with a early access style unfinished game and you have a game I won't even look at.

Hope their next game is something completely different and surprising.

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 warmblur

https://www.mweb.co.za/games/view/tabid/4210/Article/30169/Warner-Bros-in-hot-water-after-being-accused-of-profiting-from-death-of-a-Monol.aspx never forget.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 23722 Posts

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@locopatho said:

That's a shame, though there's plenty of indie "inspired by" Contra games around these days at least!

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 uninspiredcup

Broforce.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 5537 Posts

I guess there's no use in pointing out the irony that the Hitman series killed itself in the end. I still enjoyed the recent games though. Oh well.