Investors want MS CEO to dump Xbox Brand

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#201  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts
@blackace said:

@bforrester420 said:

@blackace said:
@Animal-Mother said:

Sauce

"Some investors have suggested that Microsoft spin off its money-losing consumer products and focus solely on the enterprise. Even the Xbox deserves to go, Paul Ghaffari, the wealth manager for Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen, said last year."

Very old news and Microsoft already so "NO, the aren't dumping XBox brand." lol

This thread can be closed by mods now.

Microsoft made $6.5 billion net profit in their entertainment division this last quarter where XBox is at. I don't think investors are unhappy with that at all.

Where the hell are you getting your numbers? The Devices and Consumer Hardware division had gross profit margins of $762 million for Fiscal year 2013... Nowhere NEAR the $6.5 billion you claim, and you claimed that was for a single quarter!

http://www.microsoft.com/Investor/EarningsAndFinancials/Earnings/SegmentResults/S2/FY14/Q2/Performance.aspx

Do you even know the difference between PROFIT and REVENUE? It's a shame you didn't learn how to read financial statements when you were busy acing calculus.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/23/5338162/microsoft-q2-2014-financial-earnings

Look again.

Microsoft has published its Q2 2014 earnings report, and the company has made $6.56 billion in net income on $24.52 billion in revenue. Revenue has increased by 14 percent from the same period last year, and net income increased by 2.8 percent.

Dude, don't talk down to me kid.

You're changing the story now. Microsoft as an entity made $6.56 billion in earnings, not the ENTERTAINMENT division as you previously claimed. Go ahead, look at your original post.

"Microsoft made $6.5 billion net profit in their entertainment division this last quarter where XBox is at. I don't think investors are unhappy with that at all."

I'll ignore how grammatically poor that first sentence is (you know, ending with a preposition and all) and focus on the FACTS. You claimed the Entertainment division had net income of $6.5 billion and that is a flat out false statement. I posted a link to Microsoft's own investor relations page showing your claim to be either factually false or an outright lie.

Don't talk down to you? Get your argument straight first and I'll stop treating you like an intellectual child. I have a degree in finance, do you really want to argue financial accounting with me?