GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2436 Posts

And Jez seemingly agreed with that last statement… The guy that works for Windows Central. Things are getting pretty weird for Xbox, and their obscure performance metrics aren’t enough anymore to keep folks from talking about it. I know everyone wants to continue this “everything is fine mentality” because of the “value,” but now that devs are starting to skip out on Game Pass for financial reasons. Stating that demand is the reason they aren’t developing on Xbox... It’s pretty obvious what demand they’re talking about

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2  Edited By Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7201 Posts

If platform isn’t big enough then signing a GamePass deal makes sense. Little money is better than no money.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3398 Posts

This is very concerning.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

Wowza, didn't realize Windows Phone lasted over two decades on the market and still going strong. ;o

Still tho, I'd be lying if I didn't say...

lol :P

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Antwan3K  Online
Member since 2005 • 8045 Posts

Xbox is doomed..

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 38851 Posts

I don't remember the last time i was this concerned about hardware. And it makes me even more concerned about the situation knowing that nothing shown during the Xbox show will be released this year. Buying a system to have the worst third party titles and zero exclusives must be such a painful situation.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46255 Posts

Afaik Tom Warren is a journalist working at the verge covering all things Windows/Xbox/Microsoft.

He also has a knack hyping up features, me asking about them, those features never arriving in any form whatsoever and he just shuts up about them and talks about something else.

So yeah like I said: typical journalist and hardly an "insider"

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7201 Posts

This is very concerning, we need to hurry and approve the merger.

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

They just need to release Stray 2 so it can get another Game of the Year award.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KathaarianCode

You know what's great? Someone losing his account over a bet against Gamepass now creating threads about Gamepass being too popular. Unsurmountable amounts of concern about Xbox, it can't be easy living like that! 🤣

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Antwan3K  Online
@kathaariancode said:

You know what's great? Someone losing his account over a bet against Gamepass now creating threads about Gamepass being too popular. Unsurmountable amounts of concern about Xbox, it can't be easy living like that! 🤣

dude, clearly what needs to happen in order to "save" Xbox is that Game Pass needs to go away.. surely, if Game Pass didn't exist, gamers would all sell their PS5s and RedFall would be a 10/10 banger..

they also need to fire Phil.. y'know, the guy who literally saved the Xbox brand at Microsoft and is continually generating more revenue for Xbox than in any previous generation.. the guy that will potentially make Call of Duty a 1st party title for Xbox after aquiring all of Bethesda.. that guy clearly doesn't know what he's doing and needs to go..

also, you'd save money on car insurance if Game Pass wasn't a thing..

until then, Xbox is doomed..

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

It’s very concerning, because GP was released during the xbox one era and still couldn’t convince gamers buy up the xbsex .

Xbsex should of been outselling the ps5 if GP was so great, but here we are and the ps5 is like 20 million ahead of the xbsex

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Antwan3K  Online
@daredevils2k said:

It’s very concerning, because GP was released during the xbox one era and still couldn’t convince gamers buy up the xbsex .

Xbsex should of been outselling the ps5 if GP was so great, but here we are and the ps5 is like 20 million ahead of the xbsex

i know right..

clearly all those PS4 owners who spent an entire generation building digital libraries, purchasing digital MTX, purchasing digital DLC, subscribed to PS+, have digital friends lists, and more, all within the PlayStation ecosystem, should have skipped the PS5 because of Game Pass..

i totally agree.. the only real solution now is to get rid of Game Pass.. gamers would instantly switch over to Xbox for sure at that point..

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By dabear
Member since 2002 • 8852 Posts

@ghostofgolden: I suppose you missed all of those "what a dumb reply" tweets? And, the one that linked the CMA discovery where devs were quoted that they make just as much money of XBox than PlayStation?

And, all Jez said was "scary". Not exactly an endorsement.

And, TBH, kiddy games never sell well on Xbox. The same studio just released another multiplat game, and it's on XBox.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GhostOfGolden

@dabear: All the “what a dumb reply” tweets are coming from Xbox fans… Folks that matter are singing a different tune. And revenue and profits aren’t the same thing. When Xbox has to cut checks to dozens of devs after Game Pass revenue comes in…

I’m not doing this again…

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GhostOfGolden
@kathaariancode said:

If that’s how you’ve interpreted the information provided… 😳

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GhostOfGolden
@Antwan3K said:
@daredevils2k said:

i know right..

clearly all those PS4 owners who built digital libraries for an entire generation, have digital microtransactions and other purchases tied to the PlayStation ecosystem, and who all have friends playing on PlayStation, should have all skipped the PS5 because Xbox created Game Pass..

i totally agree.. the only real solution now is to get rid of Game Pass.. gamers would instantly switch over to Xbox for sure..

That’s pure nonsense. All you’ve done (unsurprisingly) is run with Phil’s nonsensical excuse he made on a podcast. The PlayStation back-compat strategy has been far inferior to the Xbox strategy. And Nintendo‘s back-compat is nonexistent, yet PS and Nintendo have no issues selling hardware or software this generation. Just stop it…

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts

@daredevils2k: Here's the thing: PSN+ monthly games and, the games catalog are severely underrated. Sure, there isn't nearly as many day one releases as GamePass but it includes a ton of great PS4 and, PS5 games (from PlayStation Studios too).

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Antwan3K  Online

yep, the PS5's success has nothing to do with the runaway success of the PS4.. that's pure nonsense..

the only reason Xbox is "losing" is because of Game Pass.. Game Pass needs to go.. once that happens, gamers will all sell their PS5s and switch to Xbox.. PS4 owners will no longer care about all their digital purchases carrying over to the PS5 and will stop buying that console..

the solution is clear.. until Phil is fired and someone else with a brain kills Game Pass, Xbox is doomed..

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dabear

@ghostofgolden said:

@dabear: All the “what a dumb reply” tweets are coming from Xbox fans… Folks that matter are singing a different tune. And revenue and profits aren’t the same thing. When Xbox has to cut checks to dozens of devs after Game Pass revenue comes in…

I’m not doing this again…

Yeah, keep it up and they'll be a "Ghost of GhostOfGolden" account soon...

The developer in question is releasing "Operation Wolf" all platforms (including XBox) in June, "Agatha Christie Hercule Poirot" for all platforms (including XBox) in August 2023, and if you go to their home page, almost all of their games are also on all platforms. The reason there was even a twitter discussion is that this one game is not going to be on XBox (probably because it's too kiddy, TBH), and virtually all their other games have been on XBox.

This is a complete nothing burger, you sad, sad cow.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GhostOfGolden

@dabear said:

Such a nothing burger that Jez Corden is talking about it… 🙄

Xbox fanatics narratives continue to fall like dominoes

Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

@kathaariancode said:

This is very concerning.

To be fair, if you're an Xbox fan, this is legitimately concerning.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6863 Posts

@Antwan3K said:
@daredevils2k said:

i know right..

clearly all those PS4 owners who spent an entire generation building digital libraries, purchasing digital MTX, purchasing digital DLC, subscribed to PS+, have digital friends lists, and more, all within the PlayStation ecosystem, should have skipped the PS5 because of Game Pass..

i totally agree.. the only real solution now is to get rid of Game Pass.. gamers would instantly switch over to Xbox for sure at that point..

Delusion and denial isn't a good look for anyone.

Here's the reality.

Nearly 3 years after their console launched their gaming revenue has declined. That's usually not the case for successful consoles in their third year. They have focused more on their subscription service over their console, packing it with shovelware that hasn't really made the hardware worth purchasing. Gamepass is still a good value and it's available on many platforms but strangely enough Microsoft doesn't report profits of its gaming division, probably because gamepass cost them a shit ton.

Why is this concerning? Because Microsoft is an extremely successful company who is now most likely looking at the Xbox as nothing more than a burden. It wouldn't surprise me if by next generation they avoid releasing a console all together and just focus on releasing their subscription service on as many platforms as possible, which I think would be horrible for the overall industry.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GhostOfGolden

@girlusocrazy said:

My question is, how is this anything like the Windows Phone situation?

Apps/games stopped coming to the platform because of both demand by the base, and the size of the base as a whole. Making that device less and less attractive to new comers. There were hardware and licensing reasons as well, but app developers jumping ship makes it difficult to grow a base. And with Xbox, we are seeing games, small games as of now, skipping the platform because “reasons.” That’s not good…

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Antwan3K  Online
@silentchief said:
@Antwan3K said:
@daredevils2k said:

i know right..

Delusion and denial isn't a good look for anyone.

Here's the reality.

Nearly 3 years after their console launched their gaming revenue has declined. That's usually not the case for successful consoles in their third year. They have focused more on their subscription service over their console, packing it with shovelware that hasn't really made the hardware worth purchasing. Gamepass is still a good value and it's available on many platforms but strangely enough Microsoft doesn't report profits of its gaming division, probably because gamepass cost them a shit ton.

Why is this concerning? Because Microsoft is an extremely successful company who is now most likely looking at the Xbox as nothing more than a burden. It wouldn't surprise me if by next generation they avoid releasing a console all together and just focus on releasing their subscription service on as many platforms as possible, which I think would be horrible for the overall industry.

yep, Xbox is doomed..

well, Xbox has apparently been doomed since 2001.. but yeah, for real for real this time..

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Antwan3K  Online
@girlusocrazy said:

[...]

-------------------------------

All of this is in the same discussion about the same developer about one game. People are getting carried away over one game, an Inspector Gadget game.

Is this the game that doomed the Xbox? A game by Smart Tale, a development studio of 25 people?

Sorry OP but this is garbage.

maybe since you're a fellow cow, the 3rd gen Golden Child will actually listen to reason..

i somehow doubt it though..

EDIT: nope, Xbox is still doomed apparently.. Windows Phone 2.0 confirmed..

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Antwan3K  Online

@girlusocrazy said:
@Antwan3K said:
maybe since you're a fellow cow, the 3rd gen Golden Child will actually listen to reason..

Manticore, [...]

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Randy_Lahey
Member since 2022 • 1803 Posts
@Antwan3K said:
@girlusocrazy said:

[...]

-------------------------------

All of this is in the same discussion about the same developer about one game. People are getting carried away over one game, an Inspector Gadget game.

Is this the game that doomed the Xbox? A game by Smart Tale, a development studio of 25 people?

Sorry OP but this is garbage.

EDIT: nope, Xbox is still doomed apparently.. Windows Phone 2.0 confirmed..

you love to see it. When Xbox’s biggest fannies like Jez are expressing concern and you have the top lemming shills in here like Ant spinning away…..

just another Tuesday

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

One flopped game and ever since it's suddenly been full court press 24/7/365 false narratives of Xbox is doomed. ;o

Wonder if when FM8 and StarField comes out this year with scores of 9's and 10's will they suddenly change the narrative?

Phat chance. lolol :P

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

The week really feel slow 💤 😴

Windows phone? How about zune? Remember that one? Actually I wanted to get a zune back in the days.

The reason MS made the windows phone was to combat Google/ Android for mobile and then Apple/ios. It was a major loss no doubt. The big mistake MS made was not jumping in before apple did with iPhone.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 dabear

@ghostofgolden said:
@dabear said:

Such a nothing burger that Jez Corden is talking about it… 🙄

Xbox fanatics narratives continue to fall like dominoes

Ignore the ENTIRE post I made, and just focus on one line out of context.

Now I know why you lost your account...

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Antwan3K  Online

@girlusocrazy said:
@Antwan3K said:
@girlusocrazy said:
@Antwan3K said:

Manticore, [...]

That meme means my life is over if I don't convince you

oh_no_anyway.gif

as long as you've succeeded in convincing yourself.. 👍

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 KathaarianCode

@nod_calypse: If I was a fan of any brand I would be concerned with myself.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#39 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#40 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69438 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Antwan3K  Online

@girlusocrazy said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

The week really feel slow 💤 😴

Windows phone? How about zune? Remember that one? Actually I wanted to get a zune back in the days.

The reason MS made the windows phone was to combat Google/ Android for mobile and then Apple/ios. It was a major loss no doubt. The big mistake MS made was not jumping in before apple did with iPhone.

The big mistake was the disparity between Windows Phone 6.5, 7, 8, and Windows 10 Mobile. Different APIs, dev environments, UI presentation, services that kept changing, crappy exclusive mobile contracts, locked handsets with poor carrier choice, a constantly moving target for both devs and users.

on that we agree..

i gave Windows Phone an honest try and had to jump ship to Android for the very reasons you listed..

I gave the Surface Duo an honest try and i'll be jumping to the Google Pixel Fold next month..

Microsoft continues to fail in the mobile sector.. the only good move they made was to make all their apps available everywhere else..

Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

@kathaariancode said:

@nod_calypse: If I was a fan of any brand I would be concerned with myself.

Lol, you got a lot to be concerned about then, dude.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Antwan3K  Online
@girlusocrazy said:
@Antwan3K said:

on that we agree..

i gave Windows Phone an honest try and had to jump ship to Android for the very reasons you listed..

I gave the Surface Duo an honest try and i'll be jumping to the Google Pixel Fold next month..

Microsoft continues to fail in the mobile sector.. the only good move they made was to make all their apps available everywhere else..

I only say true things.

We can see that the Xbox situation is nothing like the Windows Phone situation.

fixed.. 👍

anyway, yeah all Xbox needs to do is bring the games..

consistent, quality, AAA games with a good mix of A-AA in between.. those games will push unit sales, console sales, Game Pass subs, marketshare, mindshare, etc.. they have the studios, they just need to deliver and RedFall ain't it..

all the pieces are already in place for Xbox.. they just need to provide desirable content that's not available on PlayStation if they want PS4 gamers to give the brand a chance..

Windows Phone was the complete opposite.. the OS never really got it's footing and was basically DOA from the start thanks to iOS, Android, and Microsoft's own poor decisions..

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44140 Posts

I love how people finding value in Game Pass still has TC so triggered. 😅

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Antwan3K  Online
@girlusocrazy said:

@Antwan3K: Whoever was leading internal studios in the OG and 360 days needs to come back. Whoever was talking to 3rd party developers in the OG and 360 days needs to come back. The restrictions MS is placing on making deals with 3rd parties for games are not working. These need to be thrown out.

OG Xbox got stomped by the PS2 so i'm not sure what you're talking about.. the 360 made strides with 3rd party because Sony shot themselves is the d!ck with the PS3..

currently, it's hard to make 3rd party deals when the PS4 was so completely dominant in the console market and those same gamers are logically buying the PS5.. that ideal has already been discussed and exposed in the ABK deal disclosures.. Sony can strong-arm Microsoft out of making 3rd party deals by leveraging the massive marketshare they gained in the PS4 gen..

hence the reason why Microsoft is so aggressive on acquisitions.. they literally have to try to buy the entirety of ABK just to try to stop Sony's strangehold on Call of Duty exclusive content and marketing.. if they didn't buy Bethesda, Starfield would likely be a PS5 exclusive as Sony was already in talks to make that happen (just like they did with Deathloop and Ghostwire Tokyo)..

nobody who was "leading internal studios in the OG and 360 days" is going to be able to secure exclusive deals from 3rd party's when the PS4/PS5 already has a 3:1 - 4:1 marketshare advantage in many territories..

that ship already sailed last gen dude..

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Antwan3K  Online

@Archangel3371 said:

i never seen someone continually place the word "value" in quotes as if that's a bad thing.. 🤣🤡

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

@girlusocrazy: the windows phone was amazing, it just didn't have enough time to get itself established. There was so much potential with that phone. The phone quality was also amazing, but of course there were some minor issues with software. People just didn't give it enough of a chance. But Xbox and gamepass is the path forward for MS.

It might even bring back the windows phone.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#50 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69438 Posts

@Antwan3K said:
@Archangel3371 said:

i never seen someone continually place the word "value" in quotes as if that's a bad thing.. 🤣🤡

You have caused the lad to give up his account so he is extra bitter.😂