Inside Dev sources revelation on PS5 to XSX performance difference will make SW tech experts have a meltdown

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

Unlike SW fanboys who try to talk tech, this individual claims to have actual developer feedback from individuals working on PS5 and XSX.

He speaks on how intelligently Sony has designed the PS5 hardware and how Sony has tried to eliminate any bottle neck get the max performance out the system instead of brute forcing things the normal way but wasting resources. He Clearly has more knowledge about hardware functionality than the basic 1+1 logic bumblers trying to make projections about these new consoles.

It is, however, completely up to you if you want to take his comments about what developers have told him at face value, but it's funny no one outside of fanboys have come to the conclusion that many have tried to claim on this board about PS5's "weak" hardware.

All I'll say is it's going to be really funny when the actual games are shown off and all the people claiming better graphics for Series X flop flop to hyping "theoretical potential" instead of real world results.

lol at SW tech experts who thought Sony's SSD was just for loading or that XSX's SSD can do the same things Sony can with PS5.

*Public service message for trolls who only intend to shitpost in my thread!*

Before any foaming at the mouth fanboys lashout at me for posting something that contradicts their simple understanding of development and hardware, you're free to not click on the thread, not watch the video, and not even engage my the thread...

Take it upon yourself to step🚪🚶 off and not comment at all. Simple!

If you just want to cry because I made a thread then go beg a mod in DM to ban me or lock my thread instead of polluting my thread with off topic horseshit posts like I see the same group of posters always doing.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 55683 Posts

More meltdowns... Yay...

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#3 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 39194 Posts

I love the meltdown. The Series X is drilling you hard. You can't even sleep at night.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#4  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 29841 Posts

NX Gamer, DigitalFoundry, etc already stated that.

We all know fanboys love numbers. Sony should have known better and limited that technical presentation to devs. In my opinion they should give a better explanation and show actual demos sooner than later.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 30943 Posts

@boxrekt:

Come on man i know the gap will be small but the xbox series X will be stronger,i am willing to eat crow and admit that i was wrong if that were to happen no problem,but reality is the xbox is stronger don't be a blackace or Kuu2 be better.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BoxRekt

On Sony's SSD...

@6:26

He emphasized it definitely isn't just about load times. "There are things the XBOX literally just can't do. Type of games it would struggle on."

SW tech experts 🤯😱😡🤬😢

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Pedro

@tormentos said:

@boxrekt:

Come on man i know the gap will be small but the xbox series X will be stronger,i am willing to eat crow and admit that i was wrong if that were to happen no problem,but reality is the xbox is stronger don't be a blackace or Kuu2 be better.

The PS5 is the stronger of the two. Time for you to accept it. :P

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 1094 Posts

What Sony should have done is match the 12tflop plus get its fast ssd as bonus. Then we'd be talking about a real beast from Sony. As is, i just cannot believe how an ssd will do more for games than a better cpu and gpu. Getting on the ssd hype train is just like dx12 all over again, and dx12 sucks even on pc because devs refuse to build engines around dx12.

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9077 Posts

Lol this guy can't sleep at night knowing the X is more powerful than the PS5 and also wants us to believe a guy with a sony shirt that claims to have insider info of some random guy on a forum or private messages that claims to be a developer 😂🤣 can you get more desperate than that?

BlackShirt20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 BlackShirt20
Member since 2005 • 1643 Posts

@boxrekt said:

On Sony's SSD...

@6:26

He emphasized it definitely isn't just about load times. "There are things the XBOX literally just can't do. Type of games it would struggle on."

SW tech experts 🤯😱😡🤬😢

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lundy86_4

TC didn't even come back for his last thread. I wouldn't be surprised if this were the same.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 5170 Posts

Wheres that thread about Cows damage controlling?

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9171 Posts

I'll leave this here.

https://wccftech.com/schreier-multiple-devs-are-telling-me-ps5-is-superior-to-xbox-series-x-in-several-ways-despite-spec/

https://wccftech.com/playstation-5-most-revolutionary/

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BoxRekt

@tormentos said:

@boxrekt:

This information isn't from me so you're preaching to the wall.

Stop trying to tell me about which is more "powerful" as if you're telling me some information here. You're not saying anything these tech rejects on this board haven't already said. You need to watch the video before speaking.

No where did I claim PS5 being more powerful, but I always said, before PS5 was revealed, it would be a "smarter" designed system and by all reports it's exactly that.

Stop getting stuck in idiotic narratives, it's not about "power" xbox can have that title (X1X already has, big whoop) it's about real world performance!!!

Only xbox fans are going to try to talk about numbers when actual games are shown, everybody else is LOOK at what each system does. As stated here the only real advantage XSX may have is Raytraching.

Graphics are going to be the same and performance is going to be similar...the loading is going to be the biggest difference that people will *see* between the systems. Again Sony playing chess.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 41973 Posts

Best thing to do is wait until the damn next-gen consoles are out and then, we can discuss power all you want. We all know the specs, all that's left is price and launch titles for each consoles.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lundy86_4

@lundy86_4 said:

TC didn't even come back for his last thread. I wouldn't be surprised if this were the same.

I take that back...

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 11271 Posts

Cows are in complete spin meltdown mode.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@boxrekt: NAVI is not GCN.

AMD claims NAVI is designed for scalability.

7950 and 7870 have the same geometry input, rasterization(raster engine) and ROPS hardware. 7950 has the advantage of higher resolution performance.

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/amd-hd-7850-hd-7870/26.html

AMD can't afford to repeat Vega's scaling debacle when competing against multi SKU Turing let alone Ampere.

Based on 2-weeks raw Gears 5 port's built-in benchmark at PC Ultra settings, XSX GPU delivers RTX 2080 level results, hence it's RDNA 2 TFLOPS is scaling.

PS5 and XSX comparison is like overclocked RTX 2070 at 2230 Mhz (10.28 TFLOPS) with 448 GB/s bandwidth (best situation, CPU's memory access rates throttled with PS4 style mitigation) against MSI RTX 2080 Super Gaming X Trio with 12.155 TFLOPS with 496 GB/s (PC style brute force, CPU has PC style memory access rates)

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 6512 Posts

27k subs, really digging up the bottom of the barrel to find some support. Dark times for Boxxy.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BoxRekt

@GameboyTroy said:

I'll leave this here.

https://wccftech.com/schreier-multiple-devs-are-telling-me-ps5-is-superior-to-xbox-series-x-in-several-ways-despite-spec/

https://wccftech.com/playstation-5-most-revolutionary/

They mad but these guys are arguing against multiple devs that have all said the same thing.

It's going to be funny when games are shown because we know MS only depend on 3rd party and neither system is going to get deep optimization from those devs but PS5 at it's base level is easier to develop for.

The only difference is going to be in exclusives designed specifically for either console. Xbox fans are depending on 3rd party to make MS next console shine (like seems to be the case for every xbox system) again and are going to end up claiming dev bias or incompetence when there is no gap in visuals and performance like they are desperately hyping.

The video explains everything pretty clearly and better then any hack tech expert on this board has tried to so far.

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
GoldenElementXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GoldenElementXL
Member since 2016 • 4221 Posts

Lmao at these sources! This is worse than Lems using CrapGamer and Dealer as sources.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BoxRekt
@ronvalencia said:

7950 and 7870 have the same geometry input, rasterization(raster engine) and ROPS hardware. 7950 has the advantage of higher resolution performance.

AMD can't afford to repeat Vega's scaling debacle when competing against multi SKU Turing let alone Ampere.

Based on 2-weeks raw Gears 5 port's built-in benchmark at PC Ultra settings, XSX GPU delivers RTX 2080 level results, hence it's RDNA 2 TFLOPS is scaling.

PS5 and XSX comparison is overclocked RTX 2070 at 2230 Mhz (10.28 TFLOPS) with 448 GB/s bandwidth (best situation, CPU's memory access rates throttled with PS4 style mitigation) against MSI RTX 2080 Super Gaming X Trio with 12.155 TFLOPS with 496 GB/s (average situation)

I know NAVI isn't GCN.

Not sure why you're using Gears 5 here, the guy in the video is glowing about the possible performance of BOTH XSX and PS5. No where did I or the individual with dev sources say XSX was weak or under perform.

You saying Gears 5 on XSX gets Ulta PC settings disputes this information presented here how exactly? By showing how powerful XSX is? I agree XSX is pissing on most PCs....still doesn't change any points brought up about PS5's capability.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ronvalencia

@boxrekt said:
@ronvalencia said:

PS5 and XSX comparison is overclocked RTX 2070 at 2230 Mhz (10.28 TFLOPS) with 448 GB/s bandwidth (best situation, CPU's memory access rates throttled with PS4 style mitigation) against MSI RTX 2080 Super Gaming X Trio with 12.155 TFLOPS with 496 GB/s (average situation)

I know NAVI isn't GCN.

Not sure why you're using Gears 5 here, the guy in the video is glowing about the possible performance of BOTH XSX and PS5. No where did I or the individual with dev sources say XSX was weak or under perform.

You saying Gears 5 on XSX gets Ulta PC settings disputes this information presented here how exactly? By showing how powerful XSX is? I agree XSX is pissing on most PCs....still doesn't change any points brought up about PS5's capability.

Gears 5 is based on Unreal Engine 4 which is currently not friendly for current AMD GPUs. Many 3rd party multiplatform games use Unreal Engine 4!

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By BoxRekt

@davillain- said:

Best thing to do is wait until the damn next-gen consoles are out and then, we can discuss power all you want. We all know the specs, all that's left is price and launch titles for each consoles.

Just wanted to drop this here to bring a brain cell or 2 to a conversation that was only filled with uneducated fanboy speculation and hyperbole.

"Serise X is going to be far superior on graphics and performance over Ps5, a huge difference..hur hur 1.8 more Tflops is all we need to know"

This is simple minded thinking but more than that misinformation. Cerny created the PS5 the way he did for a reason. Unlike Serise X, PS5 wasn't just about AMD loading a spec to fill a number, it was designed WITH Sony creating specific technology that was meant to be the most optimized console ever, according to Mark Cerny AMD will incorporate into their new GPUs after PS5 launches.

Imagine intergrated SSD's the speed of Sony's PS5 created for use for PC tech? Sony has created a tech that will advance even the entire PC market. It's not just a power increase like what MS did with XSX

This board just doesn't listen or doesn't want to hear things that don't fit with their narrative.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 tormentos

@boxrekt said:

Stop trying to tell me about which is more "powerful" as if you're telling me some information here. You're not saying anything these tech rejects on this board haven't already said. You need to watch the video before speaking.

No where did I claim PS5 being more powerful, but I always said, before PS5 was revealed, it would be a "smarter" designed system and by all reports it's exactly that.

Stop getting stuck in idiotic narratives, it's not about "power" xbox can have that title (X1X already has, big whoop) it's about real world performance!!!

Only xbox fans are going to try to talk about numbers when actual games are shown, everybody else is LOOK at what each system does. As stated here the only real advantage XSX may have is Raytraching.

Graphics are going to be the same and performance is going to be similar...the loading is going to be the biggest difference that people will *see* between the systems. Again Sony playing chess.

I know it nof from you,but it make you look desperate either way.

Lemmings are just sad that the gap is not big,so then will invent and ignore anything,remember this were the same people who though DX12 would double the xbox one power.

@ronvalencia said:

PS5 and XSX comparison is like overclocked RTX 2070 at 2230 Mhz (10.28 TFLOPS) with 448 GB/s bandwidth (best situation, CPU's memory access rates throttled with PS4 style mitigation) against MSI RTX 2080 Super Gaming X Trio with 12.155 TFLOPS with 496 GB/s (PC style brute force, CPU has PC style memory access rates)

And the PS5 and xbox are not Turin based or from Nvidia.

Neither the 3.5GB of slower meory can be use like killzone SF example because sony is not MS and Killzone is not from MS either.

So for some one who constantly use examples that don't represent the hardware in question,i say you look sad stating Navi isn't GCN.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ronvalencia

@boxrekt said:
@davillain- said:

Just wanted to drop this here to bring a brain cell or 2 to a conversation that was only filled with uneducated fanboy speculation and hyperbole.

"Serise X is going to be far superior on graphics and performance over Ps5, a huge difference..hur hur 1.8 more Tflops is all we need to know"

This is simple minded thinking but more than that misinformation. Cerny created the PS5 the way he did for a reason. Unlike Serise X, PS5 wasn't just about AMD loading a spec to fill a number, it was designed WITH Sony creating specific technology that, according to Mark Cerny AMD will incorporate into their new GPUs after PS5 launches.

This board just doesn't listen or doesn't want to hear things that don't fit with their narrative.

Sony's input into AMD GPUs has led to the wrong path. Sony attempts to convert AMD GPU into compute bias CELL have compromised GCN's rasterization power.

The focus on compute shader with TMU read/write to L2 cache is clearly Sony's influence while NVIDIA focus on geometry hardware and ROPS read/write with multi-MB L2 cache with Maxwell.

Nvidia's Turing has async compute hardware it beats GCN and RDNA v1 e.g. Wolfenstein Youngblood.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5720 Posts

boxrekt always digging that hole deeper and deeper

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 16163 Posts

Cash angry melting down again lol.

Martin_G_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Martin_G_N
Member since 2006 • 1979 Posts

Good video. Sony has been talking with developers about the console development for years now, and not just in-house developers, 3rd party as well. So to think that the PS5 will be some kind of weak sauce is pretty dumb. It's a reason why Cerny chose to customize an own CU for 3D audio instead of using GPU resources like the XsX will have to do, because that will take up more resources. I liked the point about the upcoming AMD GPU's will reach over 20 TFlops. If pixels are important to you, then that's the way to go anyways. Both will do 4K 60fps, but in full quality mode with Ray tracing neither will be able to do 60fps.

But I'm excited about the SSD, and how developers will utilize that. Same for the 8 core Zen 2 CPU, we may finally see games struggling on PC's with I7's next gen, at least I5's. Games like GTA with a lot more NPC's and AI on screen.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ronvalencia

@tormentos said:
@boxrekt said:

I know it nof from you,but it make you look desperate either way.

Lemmings are just sad that the gap is not big,so then will invent and ignore anything,remember this were the same people who though DX12 would double the xbox one power.

@ronvalencia said:

And the PS5 and xbox are not Turin based or from Nvidia.

Neither the 3.5GB of slower meory can be use like killzone SF example because sony is not MS and Killzone is not from MS either.

So for some one who constantly use examples that don't represent the hardware in question,i say you look sad stating Navi isn't GCN.

PS4's CPU is not CELL vs RSX FP ratio, 8 Jaguar CPUs have a large disparity in GFLOPS relative to the 1840 GFLOPS Liverpool GPU.

PS4 has 1 : 18 CPU vs GPU FP rate ratio.

XSX has 1 : 12 to 1: 24 to 1: 36** CPU to vs GPU FP rate ratio. **heavy RPM machine learning and RT operations.

Also, BVH RT is memory bandwidth extensive.

Sony recycled NAVI 10 's 448 GB/s bus and loaded it with extra RT cores and PC CPU load.

XSX's extra memory bandwidth with higher TFLOPS to rival RTX 2080 indicates AMD's memory compression is not as good as a Turing TU104. MS is throwing slightly more PCB BOM cost to rival TU104.

XSX is a scaled-up PS4 with a large GPU bias. Zen 2 vs RDNA 2 GPUs wouldn't duplicate PS3 CPU:GPU FP ratio

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BoxRekt

@Martin_G_N said:

Good video. Sony has been talking with developers about the console development for years now, and not just in-house developers, 3rd party as well. So to think that the PS5 will be some kind of weak sauce is pretty dumb. It's a reason why Cerny chose to customize an own CU for 3D audio instead of using GPU resources like the XsX will have to do, because that will take up more resources. I liked the point about the upcoming AMD GPU's will reach over 20 TFlops. If pixels are important to you, then that's the way to go anyways. Both will do 4K 60fps, but in full quality mode with Ray tracing neither will be able to do 60fps.

But I'm excited about the SSD, and how developers will utilize that. Same for the 8 core Zen 2 CPU, we may finally see games struggling on PC's with I7's next gen, at least I5's. Games like GTA with a lot more NPC's and AI on screen.

Exactly, this new tech from Sony will also help the PC users who are blindly hyping XSX simply for MS increasing a Tflop number.

And thanks, it's a lot of good information here to cut through the fanboy misinformation and nonsense that has been rapidly spread after Sony's PS5 developer dive.

Clearly, most system wars posters don't have a clue about how game development is actually handled and aren't qualified to breakdown the differences between systems that are not traditional PCs like PS5 and XSX hardware are, especially PS5.

Naturally many SW's members are trying to damage control this information with personal attacks and off topic rants but wuteves

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Pedro

I anticipate more meltdowns like this in the future. We need more of these threads because they would be great references in the future. LMAO

Sony fannies better keep their lunatics in check otherwise there would be less Sony fannies in the future. So many have gone into hiding already. I don't want next gen to be this gen but with obnoxious Xbox fannies. Time to strike a balance.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DrLostRib

@boxrekt said:

Naturally many SW's members are trying to damage control this information with personal attacks and off topic rants but

that's like the majority of your posts

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 BoxRekt

@Pedro said:

I anticipate more meltdowns like this in the future. We need more of these threads because they would be great references in the future. LMAO

Sony fannies better keep their lunatics in check otherwise there would be less Sony fannies in the future. So many have gone into hiding already. I don't want next gen to be this gen but with obnoxious Xbox fannies. Time to strike a balance.

Just sharing.

You seem to be the one having a meltdown. Try not to blow a gasket buddy.

phbz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#35  Edited By phbz  Online
Member since 2009 • 5659 Posts

"Cerny chose to customize an own CU for 3D audio instead of using GPU resources like the XsX will have to do,"

@Martin_G_N: lol you guys are just priceless. XsX has a dedicated sound processor too.

Not to mention that Dolby put out a statement today calling out lies told by Cerny.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Pedro

@boxrekt said:

Just sharing.

I will show you what a meltdown looks like

@boxrekt said:

Unlike SW fanboys who try to talk tech, this individual claims to have actual developer feedback from individuals working on PS5 and XSX.

He speaks on how intelligently Sony has designed the PS5 hardware and how Sony has tried to eliminate any bottle neck get the max performance out the system instead of brute forcing things the normal way but wasting resources. He Clearly has more knowledge about hardware functionality than the basic 1+1 logic bumblers trying to make projections about these new consoles.

It is, however, completely up to you if you want to take his comments about what developers have told him at face value, but it's funny no one outside of fanboys have come to the conclusion that many have tried to claim on this board about PS5's "weak" hardware.

All I'll say is it's going to be really funny when the actual games are shown off and all the people claiming better graphics for Series X flop flop to hyping "theoretical potential" instead of real world results.

Loading Video...

lol at SW tech experts who thought Sony's SSD was just for loading or that XSX's SSD can do the same things Sony can with PS5.

Before any foaming at the mouth fanboys lashout at me for posting something that contradicts their simple understanding of development and hardware, you're free to not click on the thread, not watch the video, and not even engage my the thread...

If you just want to cry because I made a thread then go beg a mod in DM to ban me or lock my thread instead of polluting my thread with off topic horseshit posts like I see the same group of posters always doing.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DrLostRib

@Pedro said:
@boxrekt said:

Just sharing.

I will show you what a meltdown looks like

@boxrekt said:

and that's the second rant he's had to start to try and comfort himself

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ronvalencia

@i_p_daily:

Sony's "super charge PC" argument... LOL I'm not going to fall into the same PR trap again.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 tormentos

@ronvalencia said:

PS4's CPU is not CELL vs RSX FP ratio, 8 Jaguar CPUs have a large disparity in GFLOPS relative to the 1840 GFLOPS Liverpool GPU.

XSX has 1 : 12 to 1: 24 to 1: 36** CPU to vs GPU FP rate ratio. **heavy RPM machine learning and RT operations.

Sony recycled NAVI 10 's 448 GB/s bus and loaded it with extra RT cores and PC CPU load.

XSX's extra memory bandwidth with higher TFLOPS to rival RTX 2080 indicates AMD's memory compression is not as good as a Turing TU104. MS is throwing slightly more PCB BOM cost to rival TU104.

XSX is a scaled-up PS4 with a large GPU bias. Zen 2 vs RDNA GPUs wouldn't duplicate PS3 CPU:GPU FP ratio

Yeah i remeber you this rival that arguments that failed to materialize with the xbox one X.

My argument is simple hypocricy,you of all person saying something doesn't represent something when you constantly use example which don't fall in line with the argument in question.

Sony wanted a cheaper system maybe that is the point maybe they are trying to deliver the PS5 at $400.

Is a 17% GPU gap,if you downplayed the PS4 one on 2013 i don't see why you should hype this one so much.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ronvalencia
@Martin_G_N said:

Sony asked AMD to spec PS4's 8 core Jaguar like power with AMD's CU IP which is about 100 GFLOPS.

XSX GPU has 12.147 TFLOPS with 52 CU. Each CU has ~234 GFLOPS.

AMD's AIB partners have leaked RX 5800 and RX 5900 series reserved model numbers.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 15457 Posts

Omg, I can't wait for these systems to release so these threads will stop. This is insane. No way in hell can you make up for a 44% CU deficit with an overclock. I dont care what storage you are using.

This is getting ridiculous

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ronvalencia

@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:

XSX is a scaled-up PS4 with a large GPU bias. Zen 2 vs RDNA GPUs wouldn't duplicate PS3 CPU:GPU FP ratio

Yeah i remeber you this rival that arguments that failed to materialize with the xbox one X.

My argument is simple hypocricy,you of all person saying something doesn't represent something when you constantly use example which don't fall in line with the argument in question.

Sony wanted a cheaper system maybe that is the point maybe they are trying to deliver the PS5 at $400.

Is a 17% GPU gap,if you downplayed the PS4 one on 2013 i don't see why you should hype this one so much.

MS's XBO ROPS vs memory bandwidth arguments are valid but it will NOT solve CU bound issues. Try again.

This is why I used W5000 example to show CU bound issues despite the similar memory bandwidth with HD 7850/R7-265.

My arguments are for both cows and lems at the same time. You can't handle a platform participant outside of XBO vs PS4.

Martin_G_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Martin_G_N

@phbz: XsX has the standard TrueAudio chip, same as all AMD GPU's, but that's not for the same 3d audio Sony is targeting. Of course Dolby is mad, they want Sony to use their tech so that people will have to buy Atmos equipment.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ronvalencia

@Martin_G_N said:

@phbz: XsX has the standard TrueAudio chip, same as all AMD GPU's, but that's not for the same 3d audio Sony is targeting. Of course Dolby is mad, they want Sony to use their tech so that people will have to buy Atmos equipment.

AMD's True Audio Next has RadeonRays (software RT) since Polaris IP.

Sony asked AMD to slice True Audio Next as AMD's CU based DSP (raster hardware removed).

Read https://gpuopen.com/gaming-product/true-audio-next/

True Audio Next includes DSP instructions with Polaris IP without paying for 3rd party DSP license like in AMD's 1st True Audio version (renamed Cadence Tensilica HiFi EP DSP with Tensilica Xtensa SP float support).

Paying a single license to AMD IP is better than paying multiple IP to different companies.

Martin_G_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Martin_G_N

@ronvalencia: I doubt they would create a own chip if they could have used a CU on the GPU. It will probably take up more resources from the GPU than from that dedicated chip.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7048 Posts

All this talk about power and the moment a game comes out with full on Ray Tracing and all these consoles struggle to maintain 30FPS. Neither of these consoles have enough GPU power to run 4K/60 with Ray Tracing without serious corners being cut, XSX had Minecraft at 1080/30... While Nvidia had it at 1080/60. Clearly AMD's Ray Tracing solution isn't as good as Turing let alone what Nvidia has coming.

Stahp.

Game developers always talk about power and how happy they are with it and what does history show you about console developers?... They WILL sacrifice performance for pretty graphics.

Have fun loading your game real quick so you can enjoy that 30FPS quicker.

I can't wait for this reality check to hit you guys, PC's exist now with more GPU power and they struggle with Ray Tracing, no amount of optimisation will beat brute power.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ronvalencia

@Martin_G_N said:

@ronvalencia: I doubt they would create a own chip if they could have used a CU on the GPU. It will probably take up more resources from the GPU than from that dedicated chip.

AMD CU DSP doesn't have extra raster hardware, hence it's pretty small.

37 CU config is not possible with RDNA 2 with dual shader engines i.e. DCU design rule. DCU = dual CU tightly glued together.

Single CU indicates Vega or Polaris CU since RDNA has DCU design rules.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By BoxRekt

More 🔥🔥🔥

@ 12:04

Loading Video...

Weird how every DEVELOPER seems to be is saying the same thing and the opposite of SW tech experts?

We will find out when the games are shown, but it's funny watching you lot have a meltdown over information that's not simply pulled from a SW fanboy rear end😆.

Remember this isn't from me, I just delivered it and it's not what you want to hear.

FYI:

Jason Schrier is the one who leaked Horizon Zero Dawn PC port before anyone in case someone wants to question his credibility.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Pedro

@boxrekt: Who is the developer or are the developers that stated the PS5 is stronger than the Series X?

LAtech84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 LAtech84
Member since 2017 • 183 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

Lmao at these sources! This is worse than Lems using CrapGamer and Dealer as sources.

I would replace CrapGamer with ColtEastwood as he(CrapGamer) has turned into a PS guy now. I agree though ColtEastwood and Dealer.