innovation has one home....destination 360

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mouthpeace01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mouthpeace01
Member since 2006 • 2020 Posts
Assassin's Creed
Bioshock
Portal
Viva Pinata
Shadowrun
Mass Effect
Too Human
Forza 2(sequel? yes...but surpasses every aspect of customizable sim racing)
Alan Wake
Overlord
Halo 3(sequel? yes...but surpasses every aspect of customizable console online fps)
Ninja Gaiden 2...don't care if you don't agree
Lost Odyssey
Trusty Bell
Project Offset
DoA4
Banjo

Dr_Corndog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 Dr_Corndog
Member since 2004 • 3245 Posts
Umm...good games, but how is this innovation?
Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Danm_999
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts
Assassin's Creed
Bioshock
Portal
Viva Pinata
Shadowrun
Mass Effect
Too Human
Alan Wake
Overlord
Halo 3(sequel? yes...but surpasses every aspect of customizable console online fps)
Lost Odyssey
Trusty Bell
Project Offset
DoA4
Banjo

mouthpeace01
Yet about 40% of those games have another home. I guess it's only one of the homes of innovation.
mouthpeace01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mouthpeace01
[QUOTE="mouthpeace01"]Assassin's Creed
Bioshock
Portal
Viva Pinata
Shadowrun
Mass Effect
Too Human
Alan Wake
Overlord
Lost Odyssey
Trusty Bell
Project Offset
DoA4
Banjo

Danm_999
Yet about 40% of those games have another home. I guess it's only one of the homes of innovation.

so 100% of my list is 100% correct...best games and development is on 360 this gen....just accept it
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Available only on the 360:

Viva Pinata
Mass Effect
Too Human
Lost Odyssey
Trusty Bell
DoA4
Banjo

Available elsewhere:

Assassin's Creed
Bioshock
Portal
Alan Wake
Project Offset
Shadowrun
Overlord

mouthpeace01

And the ones I am interested in:

Assassin's Creed
Bioshock
Portal
Alan Wake
Project Offset
Mass Effect
Forza 2
Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Danm_999
[QUOTE="Danm_999"][QUOTE="mouthpeace01"]Assassin's Creed
Bioshock
Portal
Viva Pinata
Shadowrun
Mass Effect
Too Human
Alan Wake
Overlord
Lost Odyssey
Trusty Bell
Project Offset
DoA4
Banjo

mouthpeace01

so 100% of my list is 100% correct...best games and development is on 360 this gen....just accept it

I think the PC has more innovative games this year personally, I see Crysis as more innovative than Halo 3 (customisable suit, dynamic weather effects, people can be preserved the entire game or die in the first few minutes), Spore more innovative than anything (a universe sustained by user created content = wow) , Supreme Commander taking the RTS genre to an added strategic layer etc.

I think Mass Effect looks a bit more innovative than Dragon Age so far (since Bioware are going for old school D and D), but I think 360 has some serious competition.
nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts
you've got to be kidding me :|
cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cobrax25
Member since 2006 • 9649 Posts
[QUOTE="mouthpeace01"][QUOTE="Danm_999"][QUOTE="mouthpeace01"]Assassin's Creed
Bioshock
Portal
Viva Pinata
Shadowrun
Mass Effect
Too Human
Alan Wake
Overlord
Lost Odyssey
Trusty Bell
Project Offset
DoA4
Banjo

Danm_999

I think the PC has more innovative games this year personally, I see Crysis as more innovative than Halo 3 (customisable suit, dynamic weather effects, people can be preserved the entire game or die in the first few minutes), Spore more innovative than anything (a universe sustained by user created content = wow) , Supreme Commander taking the RTS genre to an added strategic layer etc.

I think Mass Effect looks a bit more innovative than Dragon Age so far (since Bioware are going for old school D and D), but I think 360 has some serious competition.

Yeah, Spore is clearly by far the most Inovative game this year.
Avatar image for mushroomscout89
mushroomscout89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 mushroomscout89
Member since 2004 • 6434 Posts
[QUOTE="Danm_999"][QUOTE="mouthpeace01"]Assassin's Creed
Bioshock
Portal
Viva Pinata
Shadowrun
Mass Effect
Too Human
Alan Wake
Overlord
Lost Odyssey
Trusty Bell
Project Offset
DoA4
Banjo

mouthpeace01

Your logic sucks! o-o
mouthpeace01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mouthpeace01
SPORE is GOD of GAMES. the rebirth of pong i know, i know....but can you compare that list of titles to spore and crysis..yes....maybe
SkateGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#11 SkateGame
Member since 2005 • 893 Posts
I hate to tell you, but the majority of those games aren't totally original or much of an innovation. Sorry, but you're an idiot. There's something called the Wii. The 360 is for Traditional gamers who sit on their asses while the Wii is innovative and new. Wow....
Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Danm_999
[QUOTE="mouthpeace01"]SPORE is GOD of GAMES. the rebirth of pong i know, i know....but can you compare that list of titles to spore and crysis..yes....maybe

Yep. I'm not saying there aren't jems of innovation in the 360 lineup, I just take issue with the phrase "innovation has one home". Because clearly, it has at least 2 next year.
baddog121390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 baddog121390
Member since 2005 • 4335 Posts
Spore makes your whole thread moot. 8 genres in one? Beat that.

And Project Offset is not announced for consoles. Also, Forza 2, the most customizable sim racer? Lol.
Avatar image for Vyse_The_Daring
Vyse_The_Daring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Vyse_The_Daring
Member since 2003 • 5318 Posts
I hate to tell you, but the majority of those games aren't totally original or much of an innovation. Sorry, but you're an idiot. There's something called the Wii. The 360 is for Traditional gamers who sit on their asses while the Wii is innovative and new. Wow....SkateGame
Wow the only way to be innovative is to use the Wii-mote? Damn Ninty putting a patent on innovation. :roll:
LoganZRun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 LoganZRun
Member since 2006 • 307 Posts

Looks like fan boy Jargen .........................................Run away .....................

Eragont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Eragont
Member since 2006 • 1933 Posts
yeah, uhh, your saying its more innovative them motion controllers with infinate attachments possibilities and the abililty to download games from other consoles. i guess your right, i see your point completely;)
mouthpeace01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mouthpeace01
I hate to tell you, but the majority of those games aren't totally original or much of an innovation. Sorry, but you're an idiot. There's something called the Wii. The 360 is for Traditional gamers who sit on their asses while the Wii is innovative and new. Wow....SkateGame
idiot....wow how to destroy of fanboi....lesson 1 use their own ignorance against them Wii is innovative=true ....Wii games innovative= not really shadowrun and overlord look like giant leaps ahead of most upcoming wii titles
mouthpeace01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mouthpeace01
Spore makes your whole thread moot. 8 genres in one? Beat that.

And Project Offset is not announced for consoles. Also, Forza 2, the most customizable sim racer? Lol.
baddog121390
you are wrong about forza and offset...spore...spore...spore...okay...i got ya
SkateGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SkateGame
[QUOTE="SkateGame"]I hate to tell you, but the majority of those games aren't totally original or much of an innovation. Sorry, but you're an idiot. There's something called the Wii. The 360 is for Traditional gamers who sit on their asses while the Wii is innovative and new. Wow....Vyse_The_Daring
Wow the only way to be innovative is to use the Wii-mote? Damn Ninty putting a patent on innovation. :roll:

No, that's not what I meant. Most of those games are similar to games that are of that genre already. Assassin's creed? Try Thief. All I'm saying is that the Wiimote makes old games new, and the 360 can only make the smarter and prettier. Plus, Halo 3 isn't original at all. I hope it tanks.
SkateGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SkateGame
[QUOTE="SkateGame"]I hate to tell you, but the majority of those games aren't totally original or much of an innovation. Sorry, but you're an idiot. There's something called the Wii. The 360 is for Traditional gamers who sit on their asses while the Wii is innovative and new. Wow....mouthpeace01
idiot....wow how to destroy of fanboi....lesson 1 use their own ignorance against them Wii is innovative=true ....Wii games innovative= not really shadowrun and overlord look like giant leaps ahead of most upcoming wii titles

Good way to show your fanboy idiot... I can tell your type, been gaming since 3D. That's sad.... You wouldn't know originality until you looked up Spore. What a fool....
baddog121390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 baddog121390
Member since 2005 • 4335 Posts
[QUOTE="baddog121390"]Spore makes your whole thread moot. 8 genres in one? Beat that.

mouthpeace01

No, I am not wrong.
Avatar image for Vyse_The_Daring
Vyse_The_Daring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Vyse_The_Daring
Member since 2003 • 5318 Posts
[QUOTE="Vyse_The_Daring"][QUOTE="SkateGame"]I hate to tell you, but the majority of those games aren't totally original or much of an innovation. Sorry, but you're an idiot. There's something called the Wii. The 360 is for Traditional gamers who sit on their asses while the Wii is innovative and new. Wow....SkateGame

No, that's not what I meant. Most of those games are similar to games that are of that genre already. Assassin's creed? Try Thief. All I'm saying is that the Wiimote makes old games new, and the 360 can only make the smarter and prettier. Plus, Halo 3 isn't original at all. I hope it tanks.

Sorry I'm not familiar with thief, but I found the ability to climb just about anything and having to listen in on conversations to get info on your prey pretty cool. While Halo 3 probably won't be innovative, it'll still be a blast to play, and I don't need every game to be completely out-there and different as long as they're fun.
mouthpeace01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mouthpeace01
[QUOTE="mouthpeace01"][QUOTE="baddog121390"]Spore makes your whole thread moot. 8 genres in one? Beat that.

baddog121390

No, I am not wrong.

yes, yeah u is
chutup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 chutup
Member since 2005 • 7656 Posts
Assassin's Creed multiplat
Bioshock multiplat
Portal very multiplat
Viva Pinata how is this innovative? It's the sims with pinatas
Shadowrun multiplat
Mass Effect not innovative
Too Human yes
Forza 2(sequel? yes...but surpasses every aspect of customizable sim racing) :| no racing game is innovative
Alan Wake not really
Overlord nope
Halo 3(sequel? yes...but surpasses every aspect of customizable console online fps) no
Ninja Gaiden 2...don't care if you don't agree nope
Lost Odyssey FF rehash
Trusty Bell yes...but although it is 'innovative', it doesn't look that great
Project Offset who knows? There's no gameplay information about it
DoA4 no
Banjo you forgot to put '3' on the end

mouthpeace01

you fail big time. Almost every game you name is either multiplat or very conservatively designed and not innovative at all. So pipe down.
chutup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 chutup
Member since 2005 • 7656 Posts
[QUOTE="SkateGame"][QUOTE="Vyse_The_Daring"][QUOTE="SkateGame"]I hate to tell you, but the majority of those games aren't totally original or much of an innovation. Sorry, but you're an idiot. There's something called the Wii. The 360 is for Traditional gamers who sit on their asses while the Wii is innovative and new. Wow....Vyse_The_Daring

Sorry I'm not familiar with thief, but I found the ability to climb just about anything and having to listen in on conversations to get info on your prey pretty cool. While Halo 3 probably won't be innovative, it'll still be a blast to play, and I don't need every game to be completely out-there and different as long as they're fun.

dude, that listening to conversations thing is ripped straight from the Thief series.