Informational thread about why Hitman is the best game of 2012

• 119 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
[QUOTE="soulitane"]The gameplay is basicSNIPER4321
so is the gameplay in a game such as crysissoulitane
WTF did i just read? LOL!! Crysis gamepay is so much different and complext unless you are talking about crysis 2.

crysis is for casuals. regenerating health, having to use cover, only casuals play crysis
Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#102 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"][QUOTE="soulitane"] [QUOTE="soulitane"]so is the gameplay in a game such as crysismems_1224
WTF did i just read? LOL!! Crysis gamepay is so much different and complext unless you are talking about crysis 2.

crysis is for casuals. regenerating health, having to use cover, only casuals play crysis

You make a good point. Ouch.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#105 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
Member since 2009 • 4715 Posts

[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"][QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]That's a lie. It's become more focused, and it's better because of that. The game is so challenging and rewarding now. You can't just throw on a disguise and run around as much as you so choose.Master_ShakeXXX

Have you played Silent Assassin or Blood Money? Anyone who has played the previous games will agree that Absolution has far less choice and variety in mission design than previous Hitman games. It's entirely accurate to call it the Splinter Cell Conviction of the Hitman series.

A ridiculous assumption, simply due to the fact that Absolution is one of the most hardcore and challenging stealth games released this gen. It's casual only on two settings. It has three difficulty settings dedicated entirely to being a true stealth experience.

It is entirely accurate to compare it to Splinter Cell since that's what it plays like for the majority of it.

How can you enter this dicussion anyway? You say you haven't played Silent Assassin, Contracts or Blood Money. You have no frame of reference here. You're out of your element. Shut the **** up Master_Shake!

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

Farcry 3 for goty. I actually like it more than dishonered, blink made the stealth trivial.

Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Master_ShakeXXX

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"]

Have you played Silent Assassin or Blood Money? Anyone who has played the previous games will agree that Absolution has far less choice and variety in mission design than previous Hitman games. It's entirely accurate to call it the Splinter Cell Conviction of the Hitman series. McStrongfast

A ridiculous assumption, simply due to the fact that Absolution is one of the most hardcore and challenging stealth games released this gen. It's casual only on two settings. It has three difficulty settings dedicated entirely to being a true stealth experience.

It is entirely accurate to compare it to Splinter Cell since that's what it plays like for the majority of it.

How can you enter this dicussion anyway? You say you haven't played Silent Assassin, Contracts or Blood Money. You have no frame of reference here. You're out of your element. Shut the **** up Master_Shake!

Splinter Cell couldn't hope to be this good. Hitman is the absolution of the stealth genre.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"] Have you played Silent Assassin or Blood Money? Anyone who has played the previous games will agree that Absolution has far less choice and variety in mission design than previous Hitman games. It's entirely accurate to call it the Splinter Cell Conviction of the Hitman series. DarkLink77

It's casualized in comparison to Blood Money. Doesn't mean it's a bad game, but it's really not debatable.

No that is debatable. Maybe if Call of Duty was a challenging stealth game you'd have something there.

What IO has done to streamline and make the game more accessible, are actually good things that make the game better for everyone (except for the omittance of the drop down menu for context sensitive buttons). Absolution is in general a smoother playing game.

The problems come from IO's decision to design it to fundamentally play like a different game. IO wanted these more tense, stealthy levels and they just wouldn't work with the detection system of Blood Money. Imagine the library level for instance. You'd literally just stroll through it.

Don't know why they felt this change in direction was necessary, but alas, Hitman is now largely about hiding behind things and studying AI paths. And waiting for cutscenes to end so you can get to doing that. And by cutscenes I mean guards talking to each other. Which you'll get to see over and over again since the save system is dumb as s*** and yes you should get to that f***ing briefing and HELICOPTERS DON'T SOUND LIKE THAT WHEN YOU'RE IN A CAVE GODDAMMIT! Etc.

These more stealthy levels aren't necessarily bad by themselves, and I might even have considered them welcome changes of pace. But that's not what they are. The levels that properly channel Hitman are that. It gets to be a sigh of relief, a warm wind of refuge, when there are hints of one. The design path IO went down here significantly compromises the entire identity of Hitman in ways I don't appreciate, What Hitman did in the past was largely unique. Now it's more like a generic stealth game. That's sad.

I do like parts and elements of it though. It's not a thoroughly wretched game or anything. I did finsh the damned thing despite of everything, so that's something.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

[QUOTE="McStrongfast"]

Master_ShakeXXX

Splinter Cell couldn't hope to be this good. Hitman is the absolution of the stealth genre.

Ok?

That would've been a more sensible response if I was accusing Absolution of being a bad stealth game while proclaiming the greatness of Splinter Cell. But even then it would've been pretty dicey since you'd then essentially be doing that Monty Python sketch. I.e. you're not arguing, you're just being contradicting.

Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Jonwh18
Member since 2009 • 9350 Posts

how many master shake threads am going to go into and post .... Ohh look yet another thread where Masterfake j!izzs everwhere about his new favorite game.

XXX you are about as broken a record as sniper...

Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Master_ShakeXXX

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

McStrongfast

It's casualized in comparison to Blood Money. Doesn't mean it's a bad game, but it's really not debatable.

No that is debatable. Maybe if Call of Duty was a challenging stealth game you'd have something there.

What IO has done to streamline and make the game more accessible, are actually good things that make the game better for everyone (except for the omittance of the drop down menu for context sensitive buttons). Absolution is in general a smoother playing game.

The problems come from IO's decision to design it to fundamentally play like a different game. IO wanted these more tense, stealthy levels and they just wouldn't work with the detection system of Blood Money. Imagine the library level for instance. You'd literally just stroll through it.

Don't know why they felt this change in direction was necessary, but alas, Hitman is now largely about hiding behind things and studying AI paths. And waiting for cutscenes to end so you can get to doing that. And by cutscenes I mean guards talking to each other. Which you'll get to see over and over again since the save system is dumb as s*** and yes you should get to that f***ing briefing and HELICOPTERS DON'T SOUND LIKE THAT WHEN YOU'RE IN A CAVE GODDAMMIT! Etc.

These more stealthy levels aren't necessarily bad by themselves, and I might even have considered them welcome changes of pace. But that's not what they are. The levels that properly channel Hitman are that. It gets to be a sigh of relief, a warm wind of refuge, when there are hints of one. The design path IO went down here significantly compromises the entire identity of Hitman in ways I don't appreciate, What Hitman did in the past was largely unique. Now it's more like a generic stealth game. That's sad.

I do like parts and elements of it though. It's not a thoroughly wretched game or anything. I did finsh the damned thing despite of everything, so that's something.

According to this poll there's more people who think Absolution is on par with or better than Blood Money than there is people who think it's worse - http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/943495-hitman-absolution/64776863

Just sayin.

Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Ly_the_Fairy
Member since 2011 • 8541 Posts

[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"]Which of the original Hitmans did you play? Master_ShakeXXX

Codename 47, and I honestly didn't care for it.

Yep, that's Shake alright. Always showing how little experience he has with gaming...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

[QUOTE="McStrongfast"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] It's casualized in comparison to Blood Money. Doesn't mean it's a bad game, but it's really not debatable. Master_ShakeXXX

According to this poll there's more people who think Absolution is on par with or better than Blood Money than there is people who think it's worse - http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/943495-hitman-absolution/64776863

Just sayin.

Good for them?

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

how many master shake threads am going to go into and post .... Ohh look yet another thread where Masterfake j!izzs everwhere about his new favorite game.

XXX you are about as broken a record as sniper...

Jonwh18

Are you kidding? Master Shake's posts are some of the most hilarious reads on SW. Anyone who takes the time to create that insanely complex graph to articulate his points is to be commended. Plus he has (now had) the best sigs.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#115 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
I've heard Hitman is pretty good.. Far Cry 3 = Day 1 buy.. Hitman I'll buy next year when it's cheap and I have nothing else to play. Sorry, Far Cry 3 wins for me.
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

1349011325597.jpg.

percuvius2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 percuvius2
Member since 2004 • 1982 Posts

Ok now I want you all to listen to me very carefully here because I'm the only one who is going to tell you the truth. The media aint gonna tell the truth, gamers online sure as hell aint gonna tell ya, but IM gonna tell ya. Hitman Absolution is the best game of the year. Why you might ask? Well I'm gonna break this down for you with charts, bulletpoints, and other such professional techniques in order to present to you a well put together and strong objective argument for why you can bet on the Hitman. First...

Production Value

(film,performing arts)Plural form ofproduction value; the combined technicalqualities of the methods,materials, orstage craft skills used in the production of amotion picture or artistic performance.)

Production value, believe it or not, is one of the biggest defining elements of a true GOTY worthy candidate. In order for it to be considered it's gotta look good, sound good, move good, perform good etc. It's gotta be able to capture the voter's attention like any good performer. This is where Hitman shines above all else in the year 2012. Allow me to lay it out for you with a bulletpoint diagram I have constructed:

• Hitman Absolution looks better than any other game released this year.
  • It has the best presentation (the main menu is absolutely fantastic).
  • It has the best animations.
  • It has the best CGI (seriously, it looks on par or better than Halo 4's).

Ok moving on to the next important category.

Gameplay

[gemple]

(Electronics& Computer Science / Computer Science) the plot of a computer or video game or the way that it is played

This is the area where Hitman shines most. This game is all about class you see. You don't go running around shooting at people, making a bunch of noise and leaving a mess. That's just pointless savagry and is done to death by shallow games such as Halo 4 and Far Cry 3 (or if you prefer, Skyrim: Shooty Edition). Hitman is a thinking man's game. A classy thinking man's game for gentlemen. It's all about wearing a classy suit, taking your enemies out in silent and classy ways, thinking ahead like an educated man. Senseless brutality is not a method that will get you through this game. You must use wits, and class. People, we just don't see games like this anymore. Games hat are not afraid to punish you time and time again for being a dumbass.To demonstrate what I'm talking about, I've gone through the trouble of creating my very own statistical graph to help you better understand and perhaps, take a little of this information to heart. Observe as I show you the difference between ass, and class.

85050256.png

As you can see, based on the chart I have presented to you, you can surmise that Hitman is indeed a higher level of game, not only in challenge and intelligence, but also in class and wits. Hitman is a thinking man's game. So hopefully now that you have witnessed the presentation I have presented to you, you can better understand the options this year, which game is the best, and why the other games don't deserve as much attention or love.

Master_ShakeXXX

Sorry, Halo 4 is GOTY 2012

AtlanticRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#118 AtlanticRock
Member since 2007 • 8131 Posts

GOTY confirmed.

timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#119 timmy00
Member since 2006 • 15360 Posts

Your threads are always fun to read through.