Infamous SS is polygon count king 11 million per frame.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#201 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

Sorry no, it looks decent not amazing.

Also sucker punch admited that ps4 has cpu bottleneck which your great overlod cerny was keeps refusing to PR that crap.

Enjoy your polygons and your lack of dynamic shadows and lack of dynamic day and night change.

Watchdogs will eat this subpar crap for breakfast.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#202  Edited By Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11272 Posts

Impressive, but Crysis 3 is still the graphics king, and I think there are plenty of people who would rather refer to me as a cow than a hermit.

The Witcher 3 is the only upcoming game I have seen that truly blows it out of the water.

NOW THAT is next generation graphics.

Anyone know if TW3 will be supporting Dx12 or any other kind of feature?

CroidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#204  Edited By CroidX
Member since 2013 • 1561 Posts

@Peredith said:

@CroidX said:

@Pray_to_me said:

It does. Unmoded open world to boot ;)

care to explain why

Why are you posting a screenshot of a corridor, which herms constantly accuse console games of being, to prove your point? And Infamous SS still looks better while being open world.

lol you must be a delusional fanboy if you think ISS looks better than pics I posted

which Pray_to_Me failed to showed anything

Not sure why those herms have anything to do with me

DeathLordCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#205 DeathLordCrime
Member since 2014 • 893 Posts

@gpuking said:

what was the point posting this it doesn't look better than those crysis screenshots posted

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

@Peredith said:

@CroidX said:

@Pray_to_me said:

care to explain why

Why are you posting a screenshot of a corridor, which herms constantly accuse console games of being, to prove your point? And Infamous SS still looks better while being open world.

Lol it's pretty Ironic that Windows fanboys are using a linear last gen console game to defend PC. Heavily modded bullshots too with no hud or player in field.

7MDMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 7MDMA
Member since 2014 • 315 Posts

Not modded or bullshots just UI removed. Funny then, that the "last gen" PC titles obliterate the tacky looking "next-gen" Infamous SS. Watch Dogs on PC is where things will get truly nasty for peasants everywhere and there wont be any coming back from that.

Face it, that cheap tablet CPU POS console has peaked and it's only downhill from here. The degradation and downscaling will only get worse in future games to maintain that measly 30 FPS peasant cap.

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By GodspellWH
Member since 2013 • 1078 Posts

@Pray_to_me said:

@Peredith said:

@CroidX said:

@Pray_to_me said:

care to explain why

Lol it's pretty Ironic that Windows fanboys are using a linear last gen console game to defend PC. Heavily modded bullshots too with no hud or player in field.

proof its a bullshot

and dude you can turn things like the HUD off with console commands

CroidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By CroidX

@Pray_to_me said:

@Peredith said:

@CroidX said:

@Pray_to_me said:

care to explain why

Its not a bullshot and not heavily modded lol And you can turn those off genius

lol please you were bragging about killflop for months and doing that for the Order

Still haven't shown me any better ISS screenshots than the crysis ones I posted since many already agreed mine look better lol

Upcoming open world game that going to enjoy playing and testing this year

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

@CroidX: that you need crysis in modmode to counter infamous ss should say enough

CroidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By CroidX

@lglz1337 said:

@CroidX: that you need crysis in modmode to counter infamous ss should say enough

not in modmode lol

keep thinking bullshot and heavily modded

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

@CroidX: what game is that?

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#215 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

@topgunmv said:

@04dcarraher said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

@Pray_to_me said:

@CroidX said:

@Pray_to_me said:

Wow closer objects have more detail who cares. Still graphics king. And you can cherry pick a shitty screengrab from any game at any setting.

Crysis "very high" looking like a PS2 game

yea man the closer the more detail

lol that's cute

Mmm yeah you like that

Dude . That looks nowhere near as good as screenshots that he posted . It is a complete joke that you even tried . At least post some decent pics .

Question is how does that even look good? Rowe looks blurry and lacks detail.

Lighting probably. It's not zoomed into the character, but you can notice the improved detail on the wall with different lighting.

Still not as good as these textures shown in above pics .

Lighting is just a distraction . It doesn't make textures look better .

I never said it was, stop being so insecure.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#216  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts
@topgunmv said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@topgunmv said:

@04dcarraher said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

@Pray_to_me said:

@CroidX said:

@Pray_to_me said:

Wow closer objects have more detail who cares. Still graphics king. And you can cherry pick a shitty screengrab from any game at any setting.

lol that's cute

Mmm yeah you like that

Dude . That looks nowhere near as good as screenshots that he posted . It is a complete joke that you even tried . At least post some decent pics .

Lighting probably. It's not zoomed into the character, but you can notice the improved detail on the wall with different lighting.

Even with the lighting change Rowe still looks like crap

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#217 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

@WitIsWisdom said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Is this what we do now?

You mean this isn't what people have been doing?

No....all we talk about now is resolution, poly count, FPS's....there was a time when we used to talk about if the game was good or not.

It's been a good long while... Last gen was mostly the same... with comparisons etc.

I agree talking about whether a game is good or not makes sense on a game site though. ;)

By the way... I feel you... don't like hearing that crap either... I mean.. Who the hell cares?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#219 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

LOL Yes, yes it is!!! Long live the king!!!!

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

It's all about textures and lighting not just polygon count.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

@04dcarraher said:
@topgunmv said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@topgunmv said:

@04dcarraher said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

@Pray_to_me said:

@CroidX said:

@Pray_to_me said:

lol that's cute

Mmm yeah you like that

Even with the lighting change Rowe still looks like crap

Right click open in new tab.

You can count the threads, so...unless you want to be able to zoom into the atoms I'd say that's pretty good for an open world game.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#222 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@7mdma said:

Not modded or bullshots just UI removed. Funny then, that the "last gen" PC titles obliterate the tacky looking "next-gen" Infamous SS. Watch Dogs on PC is where things will get truly nasty for peasants everywhere and there wont be any coming back from that.

Face it, that cheap tablet CPU POS console has peaked and it's only downhill from here. The degradation and downscaling will only get worse in future games to maintain that measly 30 FPS peasant cap.

I think it may be hard to argue with that. As many have pointed out, these consoles have hit the market weaker then their predecessors were in comparison with PC. Since from the start, the consoles are out done, it will only get worse. But I will still buy the consoles, and enjoy the games.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#223 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@CroidX said:

@Pray_to_me said:

@Peredith said:

@CroidX said:

@Pray_to_me said:

care to explain why

Its not a bullshot and not heavily modded lol And you can turn those off genius

lol please you were bragging about killflop for months and doing that for the Order

Still haven't shown me any better ISS screenshots than the crysis ones I posted since many already agreed mine look better lol

Upcoming open world game that going to enjoy playing and testing this year

Star Citizen and The Vanishing of Ethan Carter look amazing .

@scottpsfan14 said:

It's all well and good that there is 11 mill polys per frame, that's amazing, but the LOD distance and pop in is an eye sore because of this. I'd rather it had been less poly intensive per frame to kill the pop ins.

No , it doesn't render 11 million polygons per frame . That title is misleading , read the article . The engine draws those polygons but doesn't render until character gets closer . Which means that , those are total polygons on entire map and not all of them are there when you look at distant objects . There are only few polygons to make the geometry of distant object similar to actual one . When you get closer , more polygons are rendered and added to it and it becomes more detailed . Meanwhile , polygons in area behind you , are reduced as you move further away .

Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 Guy_Brohski
Member since 2013 • 2221 Posts

Developers say a lot of cute things, but let's see a PS4 debug unit actually displaying the words "11 mil triangles". Thought not...

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

@Cloud_imperium

wow you arent very bright. the city is composed of far more than 11 mil polys. seriously get a clue

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#226  Edited By tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

OP wrote:

Inslaymous SS is polygon count king 11 million slays per frame.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

11 million per frame? Is that it?

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

The game looks great, but its too bad the gameplay is so assasins creed 1 repetitive. Each area of each island has the same 6 missions over and over again. Spray paint, lost audio log, hidden camera, save people from cells, collect shards, defeat enemy bases. Over and over and over again. They had the potential to make this a very great game but instead went with mediocre but stunning graphics.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

Has anyone else played with the frame rate "locked" at 30fps? It still dips a lot for me. Maybe even more so than it did before. Very strange.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

@Cloud_imperium

The game indeed renders 11 million polys per frame if you climb on the roof and get a panorama view of the entire city, there are more than enough spots to get those shots, so there's absolutely no cheating.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

ohmagosh

11ty millionzzz per frame!!

wow da ps4 is like....tehh supacomputah!!

cant wait to tell my friends

Peredith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 Peredith
Member since 2011 • 2289 Posts

/Thread

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts
@Cloud_imperium said:

@Cr
@scottpsfan14 said:

It's all well and good that there is 11 mill polys per frame, that's amazing, but the LOD distance and pop in is an eye sore because of this. I'd rather it had been less poly intensive per frame to kill the pop ins.

No , it doesn't render 11 million polygons per frame . That title is misleading , read the article . The engine draws those polygons but doesn't render until character gets closer . Which means that , those are total polygons on entire map and not all of them are there when you look at distant objects . There are only few polygons to make the geometry of distant object similar to actual one . When you get closer , more polygons are rendered and added to it and it becomes more detailed . Meanwhile , polygons in area behind you , are reduced as you move further away .

Exactly. But cows will continue having a circle jerk over just the title of the thread. I can bet none of them even read the damn article, not even the gpuking himself.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By Cloud_imperium

@zeeshanhaider said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

@Cr
@scottpsfan14 said:

Exactly. But cows will continue having a circle jerk over just the title of the thread. I can bet none of them even read the damn article, not even the gpuking himself.

Not only that but he copy pasted comment from NeoGaf about Star Citizen Cruiser , without doing any research about the game itself . The thread was pretty weak from the start , for discussion because of that comparison . Not to mention that nowhere in the article it says that all of those polygons are rendered at the same time . Actually it clearly states that , problem do occur when player moves faster and engine fails to render extra polygons at same speed , which results in blurry textures and terrible pop ins , and someone already posted pics about that glitch in this thread .

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By Cloud_imperium

@zeeshanhaider said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

@Cr
@scottpsfan14 said:

Not only that but he copy pasted comment from NeoGaf about Star Citizen Cruiser , without doing any research about the game itself . The thread was pretty weak from the start , for discussion because of that comparison . Not to mention that nowhere in the article it says that all of those polygons are rendered at the same time . Actually it clearly states that , problem do occur when player moves faster and engine fails to render extra polygons at same speed , which results in blurry textures and terrible pop ins , and someone already posted pics about that glitch in this thread .

@gpuking said:

@Cloud_imperium

The game indeed renders 11 million polys per frame if you climb on the roof and get a panorama view of the entire city, there are more than enough spots to get those shots, so there's absolutely no cheating.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/04/14/infamous-second-sons-characters-are-120000-polygons-11-million-rendered-regularly-by-the-engine/

It says :

• The engine streams environment blocks on a 100 meters grid. Each block loads 33 MiB (Mebibytes, basically a techie version of a megabyte) of data including everything (physics, scripts, AI and particle). Below you can see a visual representation of those blocks.
  • Only 10 blocks are displayed at any given time. An extra 7 are loaded but not rendered to help with I/O (input/output speed) from the hard disk.
  • Each object has between 1 and 3 LODs (levels of detail based on distance) for near to mid distances.
  • FAR LOD uses baked imposters.
  • In the worst case the player can move 20 meters per seconds before overtaking the speed at which the world can be rendered..

As stated in last point , doesn't look like 11 million polygons are rendered here .

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

@zeeshanhaider said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

@Cr
@scottpsfan14 said:

@gpuking said:

@Cloud_imperium

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/04/14/infamous-second-sons-characters-are-120000-polygons-11-million-rendered-regularly-by-the-engine/

It says :

• The engine streams environment blocks on a 100 meters grid. Each block loads 33 MiB (Mebibytes, basically a techie version of a megabyte) of data including everything (physics, scripts, AI and particle). Below you can see a visual representation of those blocks.
  • Only 10 blocks are displayed at any given time. An extra 7 are loaded but not rendered to help with I/O (input/output speed) from the hard disk.
  • Each object has between 1 and 3 LODs (levels of detail based on distance) for near to mid distances.
  • In the worst case the player can move 20 meters per seconds before overtaking the speed at which the world can be rendered..

As stated in last point , doesn't look like 11 million polygons are rendered here .

ya bro posting some screen of a lod glitch totally discounts their statements of poly counts.

displayy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By displayy
Member since 2014 • 31 Posts

Amazing graphics for an open world game...

All these screencaps , were taken using this technic...

Loading Video...

This is In-game !

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By zeeshanhaider

@m3dude1 said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@zeeshanhaider said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

@Cr
@scottpsfan14 said:

@gpuking said:

@Cloud_imperium

It says :

ya bro posting some screen of a lod glitch totally discounts their statements of poly counts.

I like how you completely ignored what he highlighted in bold from the presentation slide. Famous for no shadows would be lucky to reach even a million poly at once. Such a shame it can't even top a game from 2011.

@killatwill15 said:

did you just compare a pc game to a console game?

jesus Christ what the **** is wrong with some people.

and not only that the game isn't even out yet.

you know....never mind **** you,

people still do this shit? seriously what the ****,

why not compare a watermelon to a bag of oranges while you are at it.

Well tell that to your fellow cows. They are the ones who brought them up. Did you even read the OP? Pretty silly thing to do if you ask me but then what else could you expect from idiots (cows).

GabranthXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 GabranthXIII
Member since 2008 • 996 Posts
@scottpsfan14 said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

@m3dude1 said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@zeeshanhaider said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

@Cr
@scottpsfan14 said:

@gpuking said:

@Cloud_imperium

It says :

I like how you completely ignored what he highlighted in bold from the presentation slide. Famous for no shadows would be lucky to reach even a million poly at once. Such a shame it can't even top a game from 2011.

@killatwill15 said:

Well tell that to your fellow cows. They are the ones who brought them up. Did you even read the OP? Pretty silly thing to do if you ask me but then what else could you expect from idiots (cows).

Listen we all know PC is much more powerful, but you are acting like ISS is not impressive at all for an open world game. Please stop being a troll and realize it's strengths and not just it's flaws like draw distance and no night shadows. It is impressive and I'm sure you would agree if you had it. Do you really hate it to that degree? Why?

Because it isn't impressive, if you are used to playing PC games on a high-end machine.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 zeeshanhaider

@scottpsfan14 said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

@m3dude1 said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@zeeshanhaider said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

@Cr
@scottpsfan14 said:

@gpuking said:

@Cloud_imperium

It says :

@killatwill15 said:

Listen we all know PC is much more powerful, but you are acting like ISS is not impressive at all for an open world game. Please stop being a troll and realize it's strengths and not just it's flaws like draw distance and no night shadows. It is impressive and I'm sure you would agree if you had it. Do you really hate it to that degree? Why?

Well, I hate the cows attitude that every sony exclusive game has to be the graphics king and only sony devs know how to program while all the rest of the developers are bloody amateurs. That mentality sickens me when in reality sony devs didn't do jack for realtime graphics. They always just copy paste the techniques pioneered or invented by some other devs. So they needed to be brought to reality. And besides for a game to impress me it has to do something better than the games that came before it. Famous for no shadows doesn't do anything extraordinary. I have seen better games. But does that make it a bad looking game? Of course not but then there are a billion good looking games.

razu2444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By razu2444
Member since 2010 • 820 Posts

TLHBO

cimbom1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points