Infamous SS is polygon count king 11 million per frame.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

@TheFadeForever said:

@Pray_to_me said:

lol sure bro looks really legit

LMFAO

So did you use windows paint or something

I played Crysis 3 on a med-low PC and never did I see anything like that.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#152 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

@CrownKingArthur said:

@m3dude1: yeah man its a huge project and you're not the only one to doubt their ability to stick to schedule. ballroompirate is another guy. we'll find that out later on but yeah, i could see it being delayed, i could see it coming through on time - i've seen goatse before so nothing surprises me any more.

Goatse is child's play.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#153  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

@xhawk27 said:

@TheFadeForever said:

@Pray_to_me said:

LMFAO

That's because it's photoshop, can people seriously not tell? It's the jungle from Goldeneye 64.

Pray_to_me is making a shitty attempt to say the Infamous screen is doctored, even though it's not, it's just an inconsistency in the LOD, likely from a bug.

CroidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By CroidX
Member since 2013 • 1561 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@m3dude1 said:

@CrownKingArthur

yeah that video looks superb. but weve all seen impressive looking videos before, promising the world. next to nothing has been shown of the actual game and again, its being developed by a studio with no history of producing bleeding edge games, especially on the massive scale they are talking about. how do they expect to ever finish this game?

yeah, i'm not going to fall for marketing hype and pre-order the game, but at the same time the sc graphics in that 4k trailer don't feel like snake oil. you know what i mean? i think they are totally achievable.

so, youtube is a pretty crappy gauge for graphics, but at least (if anyones interested) they can see how the dogfighting is getting on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TWQFSzQyeM

pretty sure that senor roberts is playing the game with an xbox 360 controller. pretty sweet actually because i'd love 360 controller support out of the box for SC.

yeah the finishing aspect must be tough for a project of this scope. in the battlefield 4 chat every day people complain about the 'finished' state of that game. so i don't really know man.

achievable on how big of a scale tho? how much time and money and hardware resources is it going to take to create a virtual solar system with explorable planets each with their own landscape? not to mention supposed entire cities. and this studio is basically starting from scratch. they have no well developed toolchain or workflow to optimize this entire process, these are things they are learning and developing now. I will say i expect much of the game to fall short of the graphical quality in that 4k video, theres no way in hell they have the manpower and time to create assets of that quality across the huge scale of game they want to create. what i expect is them to realize that this massive undertaking is going to be unfinishable and for massive cutbacks to take place.

Planets won't be fully explorable that's something they will add after the release and no they aren't starting from scratch they have multiple studios working on different parts of the game and been have all been in development for a while. They didn't just recently get their stuff together they have studios each task with what is to be done. Unless you actually think there only a single studio working on this game when they have tons on man power from various studios and freelancers.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

i guess time will tell, in the meantime its probably wise to stop comparing star citizen with other games on the grounds of superiority until the game is more than concept art and a ship viewing module.

CroidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By CroidX

@m3dude1 said:

i guess time will tell, in the meantime its probably wise to stop comparing star citizen with other games on the grounds of superiority until the game is more than concept art and a ship viewing module.

like what the TC is doing lol

Avatar image for roger_the_alien
Roger_The_Alien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#157 Roger_The_Alien
Member since 2014 • 29 Posts

All I know is this game is gorgeous. And Sucker Punch isn't really known for their graphical prowess, so it will be cool to see what Santa Monica and Naughty Dog can do.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By m3dude1
@CroidX said:

@m3dude1 said:

tc?

CroidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 CroidX

@m3dude1 said:
@CroidX said:

@m3dude1 said:

tc?

That's short for thread creator

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 GodspellWH
Member since 2013 • 1078 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

Compare? Wonder who was the one who started the comparison in the first place guess you were being too much of a console fanboy to notice.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By m3dude1

Oh, yeah it def goes both ways

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By GodspellWH
Member since 2013 • 1078 Posts

@CroidX said:

@m3dude1 said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@m3dude1 said:

@CrownKingArthur

yeah that video looks superb. but weve all seen impressive looking videos before, promising the world. next to nothing has been shown of the actual game and again, its being developed by a studio with no history of producing bleeding edge games, especially on the massive scale they are talking about. how do they expect to ever finish this game?

yeah, i'm not going to fall for marketing hype and pre-order the game, but at the same time the sc graphics in that 4k trailer don't feel like snake oil. you know what i mean? i think they are totally achievable.

so, youtube is a pretty crappy gauge for graphics, but at least (if anyones interested) they can see how the dogfighting is getting on.

pretty sure that senor roberts is playing the game with an xbox 360 controller. pretty sweet actually because i'd love 360 controller support out of the box for SC.

yeah the finishing aspect must be tough for a project of this scope. in the battlefield 4 chat every day people complain about the 'finished' state of that game. so i don't really know man.

achievable on how big of a scale tho? how much time and money and hardware resources is it going to take to create a virtual solar system with explorable planets each with their own landscape? not to mention supposed entire cities. and this studio is basically starting from scratch. they have no well developed toolchain or workflow to optimize this entire process, these are things they are learning and developing now. I will say i expect much of the game to fall short of the graphical quality in that 4k video, theres no way in hell they have the manpower and time to create assets of that quality across the huge scale of game they want to create. what i expect is them to realize that this massive undertaking is going to be unfinishable and for massive cutbacks to take place.

Planets won't be fully explorable that's something they will add after the release and no they aren't starting from scratch they have multiple studios working on different parts of the game and been have all been in development for a while. They didn't just recently get their stuff together they have studios each task with what is to be done. Unless you actually think there only a single studio working on this game when they have tons on man power from various studios and freelancers.

Clearly he doesn't know much about the development and what they are aiming for and how long they been actually working on this game. Acting as if he knows anything about there workflow.

Note this is the guy that claim KZSF was less video gamey looking

CroidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By CroidX

@godspellwh said:

@CroidX said:

@m3dude1 said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@m3dude1 said:

@CrownKingArthur

Clearly he doesn't know much about the development and what they are aiming for and how long they been actually working on this game. Acting as if he knows anything about there workflow.

Note this is the guy that claim KZSF was less video gamey looking

Oh yea I remember that was literally the stupidest thing I read on that thread

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#164  Edited By topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

@Vaasman said:

@xhawk27 said:

@TheFadeForever said:

@Pray_to_me said:

LMFAO

That's because it's photoshop, can people seriously not tell? It's the jungle from Goldeneye 64.

Pray_to_me is making a shitty attempt to say the Infamous screen is doctored, even though it's not, it's just an inconsistency in the LOD, likely from a bug.

If it's a bug, its a consistent one. It's pretty easy to find spots around most of the tall buildings where you can trigger the LOD by whether you're "aiming down the sights" or not.

I'm standing in the exact same spot in both of those screenshots.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

now If only you couldn't beat it in under 3 hours it would be worthwhile, and also If only the npcs and enemy variety wasn't 3 different models and more than 15 guys appeared on screen at once.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Wow closer objects have more detail who cares. Still graphics king. And you can cherry pick a shitty screengrab from any game at any setting.

Crysis "very high" looking like a PS2 game

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@Vaasman said:

Goatse is child's play.

child's play, that's a bit of a ...

stretch!

haha!

CroidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By CroidX

@Pray_to_me said:

Wow closer objects have more detail who cares. Still graphics king. And you can cherry pick a shitty screengrab from any game at any setting.

yea man the closer the more detail

And good job picking screenshots from a game from 2007

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Pray_to_me

@CroidX said:

@Pray_to_me said:

lol that's cute

Mmm yeah you like that

CroidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By CroidX

@Pray_to_me said:

@CroidX said:

@Pray_to_me said:

lol that's cute

Mmm yeah you like that

um are you even trying

lol at your Infamous screen shots which clearly doesn't look better than what I posted

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Pray_to_me

It does. Unmoded open world to boot ;)

CroidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By CroidX

@Pray_to_me said:

care to explain why

DeathLordCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By DeathLordCrime
Member since 2014 • 893 Posts

@CroidX said:

@Pray_to_me said:

care to explain why

lol maybe he going make some poorly photoshopped picture.

he did fail at trying to prove that picture I showed was doctored

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#174 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

It says that characters have 120,000 polygons , on other hand Order 1886 have 100,000 polygons . Then why Infamous characters look so much worse than Order 1886 characters .?

Either it is just for some important enemies or they are holding something back , as Sony always do . Or may be because Infamous have terrible textures .

CroidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By CroidX

@deathlordcrime said:

@CroidX said:

@Pray_to_me said:

care to explain why

lol maybe he going make some poorly photoshopped picture.

he did fail at trying to prove that picture I showed was doctored

Probably and that was just pointless if your going to attempt to prove something don't make make a shitty one

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Cloud_imperium

@Pray_to_me said:

@CroidX said:

@Pray_to_me said:

lol that's cute

Mmm yeah you like that

Dude . That looks nowhere near as good as screenshots that he posted . It is a complete joke that you even tried . At least post some decent pics .

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#177  Edited By EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

infamous is pushing an order of magnitude more polys than any currently available pc game. that part is not up for debate. will star citizen push more? who knows, altho i doubt it. the cruiser comparison is pointless, tho not for the reasons pc fanboys are bringing up. the 7 mil polys the cruiser is made up of will never all be displayed at once. in order to even see the entire carrier youd have to be far enough away and at that distance not using any lod models would just be poor optimization. thatd be like using the number of polys the entire city in infamous is made up of at lod0 and passing that off as the games poly count in any given scene.

Implying the "11 million per frame" polys of SS are being displayed all at once as well, lol

Gotta be one of the most retarded damage control BS attempt I've ever read.

Better STFU, kid, and stay mad at the graphics king SC > Flopfamous.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

ahh i see infamous still hurting feelings don't blame pitcain blame bonaire

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By m3dude1
@EducatingU_PCMR said:

@m3dude1 said:

infamous is pushing an order of magnitude more polys than any currently available pc game. that part is not up for debate. will star citizen push more? who knows, altho i doubt it. the cruiser comparison is pointless, tho not for the reasons pc fanboys are bringing up. the 7 mil polys the cruiser is made up of will never all be displayed at once. in order to even see the entire carrier youd have to be far enough away and at that distance not using any lod models would just be poor optimization. thatd be like using the number of polys the entire city in infamous is made up of at lod0 and passing that off as the games poly count in any given scene.

Implying the "11 million per frame" polys of SS are being displayed all at once as well, lol

yeah vaporware is a real graphics king. gee wiz pc fanboys are smart

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#180  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

It says that characters have 120,000 polygons , on other hand Order 1886 have 100,000 polygons . Then why Infamous characters look so much worse than Order 1886 characters .?

Either it is just for some important enemies or they are holding something back , as Sony always do . Or may be because Infamous have terrible textures .

Its no different from suggesting that Killzone SF saying that NPC's had 40k polygon counts but in fact had complex formula that lowered the counts depending on distance and amount of NPC's in frame.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

STONE GIANT IS POLYGON KING... INFAMOUS IS NOT EVEN CLOSE.

Loading Video...

JUST LOOK AT ALL DEM POLYS....

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

Another dumb gpuking thread shwoing gpuking doesn't know jack about graphics. No where does it say that a single scene consist of 11 million polys. It's the total poly count of all the world of Famous for no shadows at the highest LOD setting. Famous for no shadows is probably not even pushing a million polys per frame. So no, it doesn't beat shit in poly count.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts
@Cloud_imperium said:

@Pray_to_me said:

@CroidX said:

@Pray_to_me said:

lol that's cute

Mmm yeah you like that

Dude . That looks nowhere near as good as screenshots that he posted . It is a complete joke that you even tried . At least post some decent pics .

Question is how does that even look good? Rowe looks blurry and lacks detail.

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#184 EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

@m3dude1 said:
@EducatingU_PCMR said:

@m3dude1 said:

yeah vaporware is a real graphics king. gee wiz pc fanboys are smart

Nothing smart to reply. Ownage confirmed B)

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@EducatingU_PCMR:

He's mad that a game from 2011 has more polys and is more technically advanced than Famous for no shadows. Let him be. He goes to lengths to defend the cutscenes at 10 FPS of The Order 800p but has the nerve to question the Star Citizen. Talking about Vaporware.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#186  Edited By topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

@04dcarraher said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

@Pray_to_me said:

@CroidX said:

@Pray_to_me said:

lol that's cute

Mmm yeah you like that

Lighting probably. It's not zoomed into the character, but you can notice the improved detail on the wall with different lighting.

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts

TLHBO. I enjoy this game, at first I was disappoint because different than old game but get much better after first hour.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

@FastRobby: waaaaahabahahagagahagahaha

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#191 Crypt_mx
Member since 2007 • 4739 Posts

There's a lot of fanboy arguing going on but here are the facts, Infamous Second Son makes a good use of the PS4's power. It uses a handful of good tricks combined with some good poly counts to really make the most of the machine, making it as good looking or better looking than most PC games. IMO there are still games that look better than it, but it is competitive for a PS4 title. Also remember that the games framerate hovers around the 30-40 area, whereas a good PC could easily output this at a solid 60fps+.

Infamous Second Son is a great looking PS4 title that competes with most PC games visually- FACT

Infamous is the best looking game-Debatable...

Peredith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By Peredith
Member since 2011 • 2289 Posts

@CroidX said:

@Pray_to_me said:

care to explain why

Why are you posting a screenshot of a corridor, which herms constantly accuse console games of being, to prove your point? And Infamous SS still looks better while being open world.

miiiiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 miiiiv
Member since 2013 • 943 Posts

How come nothing (apart from main character) in Infamous SS is highly detailed, together with the low lod distance if the game now pushes so many polygons? Seems a bit odd.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By Cloud_imperium

@topgunmv said:

@04dcarraher said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

@Pray_to_me said:

@CroidX said:

@Pray_to_me said:

lol that's cute

Mmm yeah you like that

Lighting probably. It's not zoomed into the character, but you can notice the improved detail on the wall with different lighting.

Still not as good as these textures shown in above pics .

Lighting is just a distraction . It doesn't make textures look better .

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

Everything looks detailed in Infamous SS, play the game and you'll see.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 Cloud_imperium

Can someone tell me , what is the purpose of pics posted above me .? Can't see shit .

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts

@pelvist said:

@gpuking: Your comparison with Star Citizen is a huge fail. That 7 million polys for a single cruiser is just one single ship. There will be a lot more than one ship on screen, and each of those ships will have the npc/character models and other ships inside them, which add even more to the overall poly count.

7 mil polys for the cruiser? pff that is nothing, eve online dose 500 mil polys for cruisers with tessellation on, the base geometry is very low of course.

Also the 11 mil polys on ISS come from all the render targets? is including tessellation?

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Cloud_imperium

@MK-Professor said:

7 mil polys for the cruiser? pff that is nothing, eve online dose 500 mil polys for cruisers with tessellation on, the base geometry is very low of course.

Also the 11 mil polys on ISS come from all the render targets? is including tessellation?

WTF .? Are you sure .? Any source .?

500 million polys for just a cruiser .? I don't even ... You must have mistaken it for something else .

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

@MK-Professor said:

WTF .? Are you sure .? Any source .?

500 million polys for just a cruiser .? I don't even ... You must have mistaken it for something else .

http://youtu.be/8k7oaz8mWug?t=2m34s

Me neither I can't believe, but then again it is the triangle count with tessellation at max, the base geometry is extremely low obviously.