inFAMOUS: SS Hype Thread | (GS 8.0 Hype Met) 56k Warning

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@speedfog said:

The problem for you is. EA will not go away, not now anyway. Hope you can deal with that.

@Rage010101 said:

Well with the success of TitanFall, looks like you're gonna just have to live a life of being forever butthurt then. Stop suffering, get this godly game known as Titanfall, and live a life of enjoyment while playing the best game on the market.

Wow, check out these cancer enablers. Lems confirmed for scum of the industry

Well, seems your level of butthurt cant be helped. Be forever butthurt and live a life of damage controlling Titanfall's 9.0

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#202  Edited By KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

its the only game thats keeping me from selling my ps4. looks aaa material.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

What the hell is going on here? Am I in the right place? Why did Cows get so lukewarm on Infamous all of a sudden? This place was hopping with Infamous hype not too long ago. Now people hare having to bump its hype thread? WTF..........

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#204 AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

I'll go with AAE. Should be a fun time.

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 PinkieWinkie
Member since 2006 • 1454 Posts

@GoldenElementXL: hyped for the game and expecting a 9 on GS are completely different...Im extremely hyped but still think its 50/50 if it gets a 8 or a 9.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#206 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:

What the hell is going on here? Am I in the right place? Why did Cows get so lukewarm on Infamous all of a sudden? This place was hopping with Infamous hype not too long ago. Now people hare having to bump its hype thread? WTF..........

Infamous is a games that people are just quiet about. They pick it up play it and normally enjoy it. Plus it not being a HUGE game ala Titanfall, doesn't help the hype either.

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#207 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

Comes out on a friday instead of tuesday? Thats weird.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

Regardless of GS score, this is the game I am getting a PS4 for.

The game simply looks amazing and truly justifies upgrading to a next gen system for and other than that Infamous Second Son just looks like a fantastic game. It really is a system seller for me, I doubted it early on and honestly thought it would be much latter that I would buy a PS4 and for a different game, hell I didn't buy a PS3 until MGS4 came out in 2008.

Fanboys say PS4 has no games, which wasn't true but PS4 really didn't have any games the caliber that I felt justified buying a system for (goes for every other system's games as well)...But Infamous Second Son did that for me, So that means Infamous Second Son really is a system seller and I think it will be for a lot of other gamers too.

it really looks like the best next/current gen game that has been shown this generation, but for me it's just looks like the first (for me expectations) true next gen game--which is why it will be my first game I buy for a next gen system.

What will GS score it? I don't know, but Infamous has convinced me to buy the PS4 to play it, so Infamous is what validated the PS4 for me. Where ever buying a entire system to play a game falls at, that's what hype level you can put me down for.

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#209 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

EPIC!

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By kinectthedots

@Sweenix said:

EPIC!

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

Damn, this game makes lems asses hurt bad. They know they want it but can't say it so instead they just troll every Infamous Second Son in existence with buyers remorse, butthurt and tears lol.

Day fvcking 1

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

cool graphics, cool action, but i'm not seeing any promise of a true depth in that gameplay.

solid 8/10.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 kinectthedots

@groowagon said:

cool graphics, cool action, but i'm not seeing any promise of a true depth in that gameplay.

solid 8/10.

My previous post.

"this game makes lems asses hurt bad.They know they want it but can't say it so instead they just troll every Infamous Second Son in existence with buyers remorse, butthurt and tears lol."

lol

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts
@kinectthedots said:

@groowagon said:

solid 8/10.

My previous post.

"this game makes lems asses hurt bad.They know they want it but can't say it so instead they just troll every Infamous Second Son in existence with buyers remorse, butthurt and tears lol."

lol

True that, just like cows and Titanfall.

Here i'll add the cow version below for ya.

"this game makes cows asses hurt bad.They know they want it but can't say it so instead they just troll every Titanfall in existence with buyers remorse, butthurt and tears lol."

lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

@Snugenz said:
@kinectthedots said:

@groowagon said:

solid 8/10.

My previous post.

lol

True that, just like cows and Titanfall.

Here i'll add the cow version below for ya.

"this game makes cows asses hurt bad.They know they want it but can't say it so instead they just troll every Titanfall in existence with buyers remorse, butthurt and tears lol."

lol

i'm not that interested in either one, but if i would own either of the console i would buy one of these games respectively, since there's not much else either lol.

skipping Titanfall on PC, though. i'm not into CoD-esque shooters.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Enough of this shitposting. That Game Informer video looked fantastic, really love the increased mobility over Infamous 2. Gonna preorder this tomorrow, I think.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

@groowagon said:

i'm not that interested in either one, but if i would own either of the console i would buy one of these games respectively, since there's not much else either lol.

skipping Titanfall on PC, though. i'm not into CoD-esque shooters.

True, i am thinking about getting Infamous for my PS4, and i could get TF for my PC but with RoS and ESO on the horizon i don't think i'll bother.

Good thing about Infamous is i can pick it up down the road when there's nothing else to play but with TF the best time to play a MP shooter is in the first few months, so if i miss those i probably wont ever get it.

Bren128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 Bren128
Member since 2003 • 2358 Posts

Im going to say 8 here and around 90 on metacritic.

KratosYOLOSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#219 KratosYOLOSwag
Member since 2013 • 1827 Posts

Based on the videos, I was originally going to say A. After seeing some of the walkthrough, easily AAA.

Sucker Punch said they were going to be secretive about it, and they did an amazing job. They really surprised me. The story and presentation in this game are at TLoU levels. You can tell they were inspired by Naughty Dog. The combat and the overall movement is so fast and fluid compared to past Infamous games.

Sucker Punch really should have shown other parts of the game to get people hyped earlier for this.

The game went from meh to possible GOTY winner for me. So hyped. Getting a PS4 sooner rather than later.

Titanflop86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 Titanflop86
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

After seeing the first 30 minutes of the game, I bet it will get AAA on Metacritic

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#221 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

AE

s0ldier69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By s0ldier69
Member since 2005 • 2281 Posts

I really dont understand why I have to play this douche bag Delsin. "Delsin 'helps his community by protesting against the government." Ha, lord, what a fucking mess. We really have to play a occupy tool? Good lord, what are his other powers? Dirt and poo?? Huge mistake by making this the "hero." Major turnoff.

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 PinkieWinkie

@s0ldoer69: you know you don't have to play as a hero..

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

Great gameplay preview

Loading Video...
KratosYOLOSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 KratosYOLOSwag
Member since 2013 • 1827 Posts

One of the other powers Delsin gets is insane. It's something that no one was expecting. Sucker Punch is taking this to a whole new level. Definitely looks like an AAA game now.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 deactivated-583e460ca986b

@kratosyoloswag said:

Based on the videos, I was originally going to say A. After seeing some of the walkthrough, easily AAA.

Sucker Punch said they were going to be secretive about it, and they did an amazing job. They really surprised me. The story and presentation in this game are at TLoU levels. You can tell they were inspired by Naughty Dog. The combat and the overall movement is so fast and fluid compared to past Infamous games.

Sucker Punch really should have shown other parts of the game to get people hyped earlier for this.

The game went from meh to possible GOTY winner for me. So hyped. Getting a PS4 sooner rather than later.

I don't understand how the 2 games can be compared in any way. The story tones are very different between the two. Do you really think Sucker Punch was "inspired by Naughty Dog" to make a good game? I don't think Sucker Punch gives 2 shits about Naughty Dog. Like most studios I think they want their own identity. I'm glad you are excited about the game though. I can't wait until the 21st.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#227  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38030 Posts

@s0ldier69 said:

I really dont understand why I have to play this douche bag Delsin. "Delsin 'helps his community by protesting against the government." Ha, lord, what a fucking mess. We really have to play a occupy tool? Good lord, what are his other powers? Dirt and poo?? Huge mistake by making this the "hero." Major turnoff.

Yeah, he should be a tea bagger like the all the republican senators that said NO to equal pay for women, and congress that are stripping us Vets of our benefits.

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 PinkieWinkie

@GoldenElementXL: Are you that dense? All he's doing is comparing the presentation and the way the story is told to NDs games.

I have also seen the leaked footage, and I completely agree with him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 deactivated-583e460ca986b

@PinkieWinkie said:

@GoldenElementXL: Are you that dense? All he's doing is comparing the presentation and the way the story is told to NDs games.

I have also seen the leaked footage, and I completely agree with him.

Calm down bud. I am not dogging Naughty Gods or anything. I watched the leak footage and do not see the comparison he is making. And he makes it seem like Infamous being more like TLOU turns it from a "A" to a "AAA" rated game. Thats silly

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#230  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

This game is ridiculously good looking, holy shit. Looks very fun as well, I love how kinetic it all is, you're constantly moving.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

It depends on the replay value. it could easily be a 7-8-9.

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 PinkieWinkie

http://n4g.com/news/1473941/screenshots-directly-from-inside-second-son-early-buyer-downgrade-debunked

Dat downgrade. Someone post pics.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

Holy **** at those other powers they haven't shown!

I'm bumping my personal hype up to AAA easy.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

This game is ridiculously good looking, holy shit. Looks very fun as well, I love how kinetic it all is, you're constantly moving.

I thought of Blue Steel and Magnum, ha!

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By kinectthedots

@PinkieWinkie said:

http://n4g.com/news/1473941/screenshots-directly-from-inside-second-son-early-buyer-downgrade-debunked

Dat downgrade. Someone post pics.

Dat upgrade

Lems and haters were so on that downgrade therad, lol how desperate the jelly be...and oh look, this guy loaded the exact shot I screen shotted from the game informer dev video when disproving lems in the downgrade thread

my shot

also, "I've unlocked the third power in the game.." Pretty exciting to know there's even more powers to look foward to that we haven't seen.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 kinectthedots

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Holy **** at those other powers they haven't shown!

I'm bumping my personal hype up to AAA easy.

LMAO, that's fantastic

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

A very attractive looking game, I will pick it up when its cheap, but these games are very thin on fun and variety... and re-playability. Nowhere close to a reason for me to pick up a console yet.

Destiny? might be the first.... that actually has something going for it beyond graphics.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@SolidTy said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Everyday when I wake up and make my way to the bedroom mirror I say that exact same line :P

Serioulsy tho, not only does this look sexy but it looks very fun. Really wish I had a ps4 right now. I spoiled myself a wee bit but there's definitely more to this game than They let on.

peafowlplumage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 peafowlplumage
Member since 2013 • 38 Posts

@s0ldier69: Shh. Your sensible comments have no place here. Cows have to like everything about this game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

I joined this thread late, so forgive the ignorance but:

also, "I've unlocked the third power in the game.." Pretty exciting to know there's even more powers to look foward to that we haven't seen.

... "third power" ..... and your excited about the POSSIBILITY of there being more? maybe 5-6?

What always annoys me about these hero games is exactly that, he could have 20-30 different powers ..... of all shapes and sizes to make it more interesting. isntead "there maybe less than 10" GET HYPED.

Just reafirms my thought son this genre "you've played an hour and you've seen it all"

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@SolidTy said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Everyday when I wake up and make my way to the bedroom mirror I say that exact same line :P

Serioulsy tho, not only does this look sexy but it looks very fun. Really wish I had a ps4 right now. I spoiled myself a wee bit but there's definitely more to this game than They let on.

Yeah, it does look fun, I enjoyed the last two.

I'm not a big Sandbox gamer, but I dig 'superhero' games. :P It's definitely a title to check out for PS4 gamers, a class I just happen to be amongst other things, haha.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

@groowagon said:

solid 8/10.

My previous post.

lol

..I think the lems are too busy playing Titanfall, while the cows are playing.... sales.

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 PinkieWinkie

@MBirdy88: Im guessing you've never played an Infamous game.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@OhSnapitz said:

@kinectthedots said:

@groowagon said:

solid 8/10.

My previous post.

lol

..I think the lems are too busy playing Titanfall, while the cows are playing.... sales.

For lems to be too busy playing frameratefall you sure do see alot of them bitching about other games and talking it up on a forum.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

those recent gameplay vids look insane. defo going to pick this up when i get ps4. i hope story is good and the level design

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@PinkieWinkie said:

@MBirdy88: Im guessing you've never played an Infamous game.

Guess again.

http://raptr.com/MBirdy88/games

filter by PS3.

My opinion still stands. it was a repetitive shallow game. in which wasn't worth the second play through just to see alternative comic strips.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@OhSnapitz said:

@kinectthedots said:

@groowagon said:

solid 8/10.

My previous post.

lol

For lems to be too busy playing frameratefall you sure do see alot of them bitching about other games and talking it up on a forum.

..from what I've seen. Most (as with a number of cows here) don't own a next gen system. So they have some time.. ;)

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@s0ldier69 said:

Pretty sure he's protesting against the treatment of mutants by the government, think X men. Remember this game takes place 50 or so years after the first infamous series so the worlds experienced some ripples.

We could have a whole series of games based on the Unites States utter incompetence, but I really think this games not about that.

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 PinkieWinkie

@MBirdy88: Congratulations you have an opinion. Too bad this is still going to be a 85+ MC game and nobody will ever care what you think.