Infamous SS bundle tops Gamestop!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by XboxDone74 (2116 posts) -

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/02/25/infamous-second-son-569-96-ps4-bundle-instantly-tops-gamestops-best-sellers-ranking/

Destroying the Titanfall bundle at 23rd. The Domination Has Won.

#2 Posted by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

EA must be kicking themselves really hard right now.

LOL @ lems that think that Titanfall will save the Xbone from mediocre sales.

#3 Posted by Chutebox (43383 posts) -

I really wish we could have a sales sticky.

#4 Posted by MassiveKaos (3876 posts) -

Whats the point of making that a bundle tho? Doesn't seem like it saves you any money opposed to buying them seperately

#5 Edited by handssss (1907 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

still wonder how EA got the say in the matter. Going by their tweets and responses on the forum, the guys at Respawn clearly weren't aware of the deal until it was leaked to the public. After leaving Acti cause they had no control over their IP you'd think they wouldn't give this kind of power to EA, but they did.

But then some are saying that's only for the first game or something. I dunno. As long as Intel fixes their drivers, i could adequately run this on my laptop I use for college essays, so I couldn't really give a shet. I still have my usb 360 controller.

#6 Edited by SolidTy (49991 posts) -

@handssss said:

@I_can_haz said:

still wonder how EA got the say in the matter. Going by their tweets and responses on the forum, the guys at Respawn clearly weren't aware of the deal until it was leaked to the public. After leaving Acti cause they had no control over their IP you'd think they wouldn't give this kind of power to EA, but they did.

But then some are saying that's only for the first game or something. I dunno. As long as Intel fixes their drivers, i could adequately run this on my laptop I use for college essays, so I couldn't really give a shet. I still have my usb 360 controller.

Assuming Respawn is being forthcoming about EA, one possible theory on EA's recent decisions would be the EA COO may have had a few ideas:

Peter Moore.

Up till a few years ago, he was only in the EA Sports President. Moore was promoted from EA Sports President to the role of Chief Operating Officer in 2011. That's a far more prominent role and influence at EA. Prior to that Moore was with M$ from 2003 to 2007. Before that he was the President and COO of Sega of America, being with Sega during the Sega Saturn and Sega Dreamcast eras. Reportedly, it was his decision to discontinue the Dreamcast and later he was hired by Ballmer at M$. Sort of parallel to the the recent Nokia deal, but different. In the end, an exec from the competition will now be head of the Xbox division.

When at M$, Peter Moore was also famous for endorsing the Nintendo Wii (his competition) over the PS3. After being there in the Dreamcast and and starting the Wii60 idea as an alternative to the incredibly pricy PS3. Recently, we've seen tremendous EA support with their Plants Vs. Zombies games released first on Xbox consoles and of course, the Titan Fall Respawn deal. EA will do what's good for EA.

After Reebok, he lived through the Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Xbox, and Xbox 360 eras before joining up at EA. It's certainly possible M$ has a friend at EA with Peter Moore. It's all speculation though because the truth is we'll never know. We can only look at history and throw up conjecture.

#7 Edited by Vatusus (8232 posts) -

Depending on SS critical reception I may finally buy a PS4 and that bundle is on my sight

edit: I mean, the one without the extra controller and the 1 year PSPlus

#8 Edited by AznbkdX (4242 posts) -
@MassiveKaos said:

Whats the point of making that a bundle tho? Doesn't seem like it saves you any money opposed to buying them seperately

I'm wondering this as well.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
#9 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5811 posts) -

@AznbkdX said:
@MassiveKaos said:

because they make more money this way. stand alone ps4 are still hard to find in most places

#10 Posted by clyde46 (49050 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@AznbkdX said:
@MassiveKaos said:

because they make more money this way. stand alone ps4 are still hard to find in most places

My local store has both X1 and PS4 in stock. Plenty of them to be truthful.

#11 Edited by AznbkdX (4242 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@AznbkdX said:
@MassiveKaos said:

I guess... but they're not really that hard to find anecdotally speaking over here.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
#12 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5811 posts) -

@clyde46: @AznbkdX: ive not been checking stores of anything just online and they seem to come and go out of stock. maybe they sucker some inpatient people into buying it