In your opinion, who won GOTY for 2013?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Liquid_
Posted by Liquid_ (3727 posts) 2 years, 7 months ago

Poll: In your opinion, who won GOTY for 2013? (169 votes)

Zelda : A Link Between Worlds 25%
The Last of Us 29%
GTA V 17%
Other 28%

By request

Avatar image for Sushiglutton
#1 Edited by Sushiglutton (6695 posts) -

The Last Of Us will forever be remembered as GOTY of 2013.

Avatar image for Liquid_
#2 Posted by Liquid_ (3727 posts) -

@Sushiglutton said:

The Last Of Us will forever be remembered as GOTY of 2013.

agreed

Avatar image for freedomfreak
#4 Posted by freedomfreak (49153 posts) -

Well, Gamespot awarded Zelda: A Link Between Worlds GOTY.

My personal GOTY is also Zelda: A Link Between Worlds.

8.0 games just don't cut it.

Avatar image for Liquid_
#5 Edited by Liquid_ (3727 posts) -
@Bigboi500 said:

Edit your title to say "gs goty" dumb ass.

we are on GS, its not necessary nor does it make sense. dont be mad

Avatar image for Opus_Rea-333
#6 Edited by Opus_Rea-333 (1238 posts) -

inb4 --gif cortesy of MonsieurX--

Avatar image for Liquid_
#7 Posted by Liquid_ (3727 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

Well, Gamespot awarded Zelda: A Link Between Worlds GOTY.

My personal GOTY is also Zelda: A Link Between Worlds.

8.0 games just don't cut it.

sorry man, nobody cares about 3 people's opinions

Avatar image for deadline-zero0
#8 Posted by DEadliNE-Zero0 (6560 posts) -

I choose Zelda just to annoy the TC.

Avatar image for Liquid_
#9 Posted by Liquid_ (3727 posts) -

@deadline-zero0 said:

I choose Zelda just to annoy the TC.

so, then you really do think TLOU won goty, thanks for clarifying

Avatar image for freedomfreak
#10 Edited by freedomfreak (49153 posts) -
@Liquid_ said:

sorry man, nobody cares about 3 people's opinions

Wrong. We had a thread celebrating it. Massive butthurt and such. Good times.

Avatar image for mems_1224
#11 Posted by mems_1224 (56108 posts) -

No idea. Too close to call it. Link Between Worlds won at GS though.

Avatar image for charizard1605
#12 Edited by charizard1605 (78834 posts) -

Zeruda. It was a stunning game.

That said though, it was just a great year for games all around.

Avatar image for bldgirsh
#13 Posted by BldgIrsh (3044 posts) -

Hey look. It's a SW's people choice awards! Zelda still won GoTY no matter how much the fanboys say otherwise.

Avatar image for Liquid_
#14 Posted by Liquid_ (3727 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:
@Liquid_ said:

sorry man, nobody cares about 3 people's opinions

Wrong. We had a thread celebrating it. Massive butthurt and such. Good times.

i bet you and the 7 people had a blast

Avatar image for Bigboi500
#15 Posted by Bigboi500 (35550 posts) -
@Liquid_ said:
@Bigboi500 said:

Edit your title to say "gs goty" dumb ass.

we are on GS, its not necessary nor does it make sense. dont be mad

Not mad, it just makes you look bad. Like you're trying to mislead posters. The general title of "goty 2013" could mean from anywhere on the net. You know lots of other websites named TLOU goty, and a lot of posters will think you mean their personal goty.

I thought your argument was about GS specifically, not generally?

Avatar image for Gamerno6666
#16 Posted by Gamerno6666 (4908 posts) -

Rouge Legacy.

Avatar image for Liquid_
#17 Posted by Liquid_ (3727 posts) -

@Bigboi500 said:
@Liquid_ said:
@Bigboi500 said:

Edit your title to say "gs goty" dumb ass.

we are on GS, its not necessary nor does it make sense. dont be mad

Not mad, it just makes you look bad. Like you're trying to mislead posters. The general title of "goty 2013" could mean from anywhere on the net. You know lots of other websites named TLOU goty, and a lot of posters will think you mean their personal goty.

I thought your argument was about GS specifically, not generally?

if you read the thread, you would see I never mentioned GS, just GS Peoples choice

Avatar image for pyro1245
#18 Posted by pyro1245 (2434 posts) -

It was Zelda. Repeatedly saying otherwise in the forums does not make a difference. Regardless of how amazing or mediocre you thought TLoU was, it was Zelda.

Avatar image for deadline-zero0
#19 Posted by DEadliNE-Zero0 (6560 posts) -

@Liquid_ said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

I choose Zelda just to annoy the TC.

so, then you really do think TLOU won goty, thanks for clarifying

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE GODNY AND JESUS DRAKE ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Avatar image for freedomfreak
#20 Posted by freedomfreak (49153 posts) -
@Liquid_ said:

i bet you and the 7 people had a blast

I remember we all got drunk and passed out on each other.

Avatar image for Zelda187
#21 Posted by Zelda187 (1047 posts) -

The Last of Us

Avatar image for SecretPolice
#22 Posted by SecretPolice (29828 posts) -

Dumb thread is dumb, old news, GS says Zelda won > FlopofUs, that is all.. :P

Avatar image for Bigboi500
#23 Posted by Bigboi500 (35550 posts) -

@Liquid_ said:

@Bigboi500 said:
@Liquid_ said:
@Bigboi500 said:

Edit your title to say "gs goty" dumb ass.

we are on GS, its not necessary nor does it make sense. dont be mad

Not mad, it just makes you look bad. Like you're trying to mislead posters. The general title of "goty 2013" could mean from anywhere on the net. You know lots of other websites named TLOU goty, and a lot of posters will think you mean their personal goty.

I thought your argument was about GS specifically, not generally?

if you read the thread, you would see I never mentioned GS, just GS Peoples choice

"GS" peoples choice, not "around the web" people's choice. Your "argument" was inclusive of Gamespot, I do believe.

But if you don't wanna be fair, it's understandable, since you're just trolling anyways. Have fun!

Avatar image for Heil68
#24 Posted by Heil68 (56981 posts) -

@Sushiglutton said:

The Last Of Us will forever be remembered as GOTY of 2013.

Forever and ever amen.

Avatar image for Telekill
#25 Edited by Telekill (6820 posts) -

The Last of Us won hands down for me. The next closest was Tomb Raider followed by GTA V.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
#26 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (4697 posts) -

Tomb Raider.

Avatar image for PAL360
#27 Posted by PAL360 (28314 posts) -

I would go with GTA5, but The Last of Us and Bioshock Infinite were close. It was a great year for gaming.

Avatar image for Fire_Wa11
#28 Posted by Fire_Wa11 (600 posts) -

I don't remember. That was a loooooooooooooootta doooobies ago, bro.

Avatar image for PurpleMan5000
#29 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (9003 posts) -

Fire Emblem: Awakening

Avatar image for cainetao11
#30 Posted by cainetao11 (29780 posts) -

GTA5 running away

Avatar image for PonchoTaco
#31 Edited by PonchoTaco (3167 posts) -

People still mad about this? Buncha' weanies.

Avatar image for Floppy_Jim
#32 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25834 posts) -

Personally, GTA 5. I should really finish it. And also get Zelda.

The general consensus outside of GS seems to be TLOU by a massive margin.

Avatar image for charizard1605
#33 Edited by charizard1605 (78834 posts) -

@Floppy_Jim said:

I should get Zelda.

You should.

Avatar image for Blabadon
#34 Posted by Blabadon (33030 posts) -

Not The Last of Us.

Avatar image for jg4xchamp
#35 Posted by jg4xchamp (59630 posts) -

Antichamber was my game of the year.

Avatar image for jg4xchamp
#36 Posted by jg4xchamp (59630 posts) -

@Floppy_Jim said:

Personally, GTA 5. I should really finish it. And also get Zelda.

The general consensus outside of GS seems to be TLOU by a massive margin.

You should.

Avatar image for deadline-zero0
#37 Posted by DEadliNE-Zero0 (6560 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

Antichamber was my game of the year.

Fantastic game. Not my GOTY (don't even know which), but definitely trippy and fun.

Also loved The Stanley Parable. Possibly my 2 favourite indie games of last year

Avatar image for Floppy_Jim
#38 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25834 posts) -

^Will do, chaz & champ.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
#39 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (12099 posts) -

GTA V

Avatar image for funsohng
#40 Posted by funsohng (29181 posts) -

Never played TLOU. Probably won't for a long time.

Avatar image for ni6htmare01
#41 Edited by ni6htmare01 (2260 posts) -

The Last of Us!

Avatar image for Pikminmaniac
#42 Edited by Pikminmaniac (10982 posts) -

I would have to go with Pikmin 3. Absolutely exceptional game and the best of its stellar franchise.

Other extremely amazing games that year include Super Mario 3D World, The Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds, Rayman Legends, Guacamelee, Assassin's Creed Black Flag, and the Last of Us. Just a fantastic year in general.

Avatar image for commonfate
#43 Edited by commonfate (13320 posts) -

Dota 2 since it had its official release last year.

Avatar image for R3FURBISHED
#44 Posted by R3FURBISHED (11896 posts) -

GTA V was the most deserving in my eyes

Avatar image for PhazonBlazer
#45 Posted by PhazonBlazer (12010 posts) -

The Last of Us, nothing else comes even close.

Avatar image for smashed_pinata
#46 Posted by smashed_pinata (3698 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

Well, Gamespot awarded Zelda: A Link Between Worlds GOTY.

My personal GOTY is also Zelda: A Link Between Worlds.

8.0 games just don't cut it.

/thread

Avatar image for sHaDyCuBe321
#47 Posted by sHaDyCuBe321 (5276 posts) -

The problem is that this is a factual question. The lack of specified website leaves us to believe that you are asking about GS. The fact is that at GameSpot ALBW GOTY.

If you would have asked, "What in your opinion was the GOTY 2013" then the thread would have made sense.

Avatar image for MonsieurX
#48 Posted by MonsieurX (35811 posts) -

Someone's butthurt of the answers from his other thread

Avatar image for clone01
#49 Posted by clone01 (26539 posts) -

@Liquid_ said:

@freedomfreak said:

Well, Gamespot awarded Zelda: A Link Between Worlds GOTY.

My personal GOTY is also Zelda: A Link Between Worlds.

8.0 games just don't cut it.

sorry man, nobody cares about 3 people's opinions

You seem to, considering you made a poll about it.

Avatar image for coasterguy65
#50 Posted by coasterguy65 (7133 posts) -

Tomb Raider...followed by Zelda for me. Zelda for GS.