In an age of endless delays and months of droughts, Nintendo's first-party flow is Extraordinary

• 54 results
Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#1 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 3329 Posts

Its seems almost every month of this year Nintendo is releasing a major first-party game, my wallet has never hurt so bad. This is worst then 2017. Next up on the list is Mario Strikers: Battle League, the long awaited sequel to the iconic Gamecube classic. Then comes Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak. After that, the Final Fantasy legend's latest and greatest Xenoblade Chronicles 3, this dude just cant miss when creating banger after banger. Does a studio even make a more beautiful world? No wonder this team has been helping out on Zelda's open world. And Splatoon 3 right after that. Cant wait for some amazing team battles with my fellow mates. O, you thought that was it, BOOM, Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes! Fourth hope coming soon?

Its thanks to big hits like these that Switch, going into its 6th year as a 2015 tablet posing as a gaming console is set to sell more hardware units then the almighty PS5. " It's interesting, though, that as Nintendo fans we often go through the line-up for the year and get a bit sweaty if there's an empty month, or wonder if an undated game like Bayonetta 3 will fill out October, for example. Yet elsewhere in the gaming hardware market the picture is a little different. PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S are having relatively quiet years, and with a number of low-key months to come. "

Gamers have been buying Nintendo Switch Sports like crazy, it looks to be yet another 10mil+ added to the family. And Kirby and the Forgotten Land is among the favorites to win GOTY. It seems Nintendo just cant be stopped. And we havnt even got to the June Nintendo Direct that everyone is waiting for to help fill-out the rest of the year. And i cant wait for the delayed Advance Wars™ 1+2: Re-Boot Camp that was delayed this year due to Russia invading Ukraine ( Viva la Ukraine! ).

Did i miss any exclusives for the year, im sure theyre a ton more i forgot. What all has you excited to play on your Switch for 2022? What do you think will get announced in the upcoming Nintendo Direct for June?

Source

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 9446 Posts

Yup, budget low-spec nostalgia bait coils out of Nintendo like so much poop. Congrats!

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 19767 Posts

Looking at Nintendo's lineup is like having an Xbox Live Arcade titles as your line up for the years. Everything looks cheap, low effort and shovelware'ish. You never have any high production titles as we see from Sony. Low standards are low, i guess.🤷‍♂️

also lol at Bayo3 coming out this year. Some are just this delusional.

Miyomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Miyomatic
Member since 2005 • 3483 Posts

They definitely have the best lineup for the rest of this year, as of now. That may change following E3/SummerGameFest/KeighleyFest/whatever we're calling it now.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mesome713

@hardwenzen: Yeah, it’s a wonder why a 2015 tablet wannabe gaming machine can dominate the great and all amazing PS5 so bad. Guess people just rather play fun low production games than boring high production movies.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hardwenzen

@mesome713 said:

@hardwenzen: Yeah, it’s a wonder why a 2015 tablet wannabe gaming machine can dominate the great and all amazing PS5 so bad. Guess people just rather play fun low production games than boring high production movies.

Because nobody can get a ps5 almost two years since launch. Never seen in the gaming industry. Let that sink in.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 36770 Posts

Uh.. hate to break it to you, but BoTW was delayed, Metroid Prime 4 was delayed, Bayonetta 3 was announced all the way back in 2017. You need to take off the rose tinted glasses when it comes to Nintendo lol.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Mesome713

@SolidGame_basic: Heck yeah, 2023 gonna be epic for Nintendo, I forgot all about those amazing games coming next year. Been too full this year to pay attention 😊

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 12323 Posts

nintendo going to sell another 20 million consoles for a total of 127 million by april 2023. So they will surpass ps4 by then. The real question is do they have the legs to surpass the ps2 at 155 million. The switch needs to sell into 2025 for them to beat that record.

FastNslowww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FastNslowww
Member since 2017 • 569 Posts

You mean more kiddy sh*t.................No thanks! Nintendo died after the n64 concerning good games/variety........they simpy suck now.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 38300 Posts

While there is a pretty good amount of stuff coming from Nintendo in the next few months there’s also plenty of good third party stuff coming out all around. Games getting delayed don’t really bother me at all. There’s plenty for me to enjoy these days regardless. 🤷‍♂️

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hardwenzen

@fastnslowww said:

You mean more kiddy sh*t.................No thanks! Nintendo died after the n64 concerning good games/variety........they simpy suck now.

They don't suck. They're simply aiming for anothe demographic, which is kindergarten children and possibly your gf. They really do not care about the core gamer. Because there's a metric shitload of nostalgia wearing millennials, they will defend the company even when Nintendo is farting in their face.

You can't blame nintendo, tho. Someone had to sell their product to the kindergarten kids, and its not Sony that will do it with their TLOU2's and GoW2's.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 195

#13 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 15369 Posts

Nintendo sure has the shit flowing alright. The janitor is not going to be happy.

Miyomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Miyomatic
Member since 2005 • 3483 Posts

@fastnslowww said:

You're not wrong. Nintendo died WELL after the N64. After the GC and Wii, in fact. It wasn't until the Wii U that their console side died (3DS was alive and well) and for them to be resurrected with the release of the Switch. 😎

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 3667 Posts

@fastnslowww: tell me about it. Why oh why did they sell Rare to Microsoft?? Just tell me one thing…..what the hell is Rare doing now?? Name me one good accomplishment after they were sold off???

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 18855 Posts

Nintendo's first-party flow is Extraordinary

Its seems almost every month of this year Nintendo is releasing a major first-party game

Yeah that's a good way to put it, Nintendo's flow comes once a month and most of the time it's a terrible experience

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#17 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 9985 Posts

Kind of easy to crank out content on time when they're cheap to make and working off templates.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Mesome713

@girlusocrazy: Must be why their games sell like no other company, gamers just love a terrible experience 🤡

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy

@mesome713: You make a good point, there are a lot of clueless people out there buying crap for kids birthdays.

But honestly eventually they'll also grow up, get a job, and buy another platform so they can get the games they really crave like Elden Ring.

That said, it's good Nintendo will finally put out games people actually wanted the system for at some point like Metroid Prime 4, Bayonetta 3, and BotW2.

I'm hoping by the end of its life there will be enough games that I am happy I got on it that add up to more than the price of the hardware.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Mesome713

@girlusocrazy: That’s Nintendo for you, something for all 😊

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 41679 Posts

Maybe a couple games a year for me at this point. Not knocking the system it just isn't my primary console.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 Djoffer123  Online
Member since 2016 • 1686 Posts

I mean despite all the severe melt downs in this thread ( thank you cows for keep being the clowns of SW) OP isn’t wrong. In terms of first party Nintendo is so fare ahead of the competition it’s laughable, luckily the other consoles have a bit more third party support to fill out the blanks… of course third party support for consoles is pretty bad if you are part of the PC master race who only have consoles for their exclusive…

Atleast Xbox have gamepass I guess, not sure what Sony has going for them the rest of year??

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#23  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 30667 Posts

Extraordinary?

Mario Strikers is cool to see again. Not sure why they waited this long.
Xenoblade is pretty awful.
Splatoon is just more Splatoon. It's good, but 3 could basically just have been an update for 2.
Monster Hunter is Capcom, not Nintendo first party.
Fire Emblem Warriors? Those games are terrible. Braindead gameplay running in 15 fps.

I'd say Nintendo's first party line-up is pretty shit and has been for a long time with the Switch.

Where's Pikmin? F-Zero? Metroid? Donkey Kong? Why not make a new Earthbound? Or Golden Sun? Since Metroid and Zelda takes such a long time to make, why not give us TP, WW and MPT on Switch while we wait?

I want Nintendo to get off their fat asses already.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 2799 Posts

@mesome713: okay, feel better about your purchase now?

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GirlUSoCrazy

@mesome713 said:

That’s Nintendo for you, something for all 😊

Something, but unfortunately not enough to feel satisfied. Even those most in love with Nintendo consistently have to go outside of their system to get games like Elden Ring.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Mesome713

@girlusocrazy: That’s the life, always coming back to Nintendo.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#27  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 30667 Posts

Actually, I'm surprised not more Nintendo fans speak out about Nintendo making way less games now than they used to. Are they too dumb to notice, or are they fanboys ignoring the truth? Do they simply not care?

Very weird.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GirlUSoCrazy

@mesome713: Always being left hungry.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy

@Litchie: They make a lot of games, but a lot of them are filler and not killer. The Mario Party, Wario Ware, Strikers, Golf, Mario Kart, Tennis, Pokemon Let's Go, Paper Mario, Skyward Sword HD, Switch Sports, Donkey Kong, they're halfhearted and flaccid, and you might as well keep playing the ones they already released on prior systems if you even still feel like playing these games. They're just churning these out, like when Disney was making crappy sequels with barely any new ideas. Nintendo's lost their spark.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Mesome713

@girlusocrazy: And those games sell so much, we have to thank them.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GirlUSoCrazy

@mesome713: Unfortunately it gives them the message that it's acceptable and to continue on this way.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 dabear
Member since 2002 • 5743 Posts

@mesome713: I've actually thought of getting a switch, or getting whatever will be Nintendo's next console. I would like to get back into Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Dragon Warrior, etc. titles.

I don't think the Switch is a good primary console for me, but it is a banger of a secondary one (this is just my opinion - no offense meant). That being said - they have a lot to offer this year.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#33 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 3902 Posts

Nintendo has been steadily releasing high quality, fun to play games. I play my Switch more than my Series X and PS5 combined, and I honestly don't see that changing for the rest of 2022. On top of that, 2023 has Breath of the Wild 2 which will be a big part of my 2023 gaming. Now if Nintendo would just revive some of their classic IP's they have just sitting there, it would be an even better lineup.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 dabear
@hardwenzen said:

Looking at Nintendo's lineup is like having an Xbox Live Arcade titles as your line up for the years. Everything looks cheap, low effort and shovelware'ish. You never have any high production titles as we see from Sony. Low standards are low, i guess.🤷‍♂️

You also don't have any games with 20 minutes of just pressing one button to move the "movie" along, like with a lot of Sony 1st party.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 GirlUSoCrazy

@dabear: There are definitely good reasons to own each Nintendo system

Weird though that in a reply to a post mentioning Bayonetta you mention not having any games where you're pressing a button to move the "movie" along

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 6624 Posts

@madrocketeer said:

Kind of easy to crank out content on time when they're cheap to make and working off templates.

The wheel doesn't need to be reinvented.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 hardwenzen

@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:

You also don't have any games with 20 minutes of just pressing one button to move the "movie" along, like with a lot of Sony 1st party.

That's not because they don't want to make them, but because they're completely incompetent and its too difficult for nintendo in 2022. They're barely able to do 3D, and they haven't even discovered what's mo-cap is and what's anti aliasing😂They're so far behind Sony masterpieces that we're talking at least 20 years behind Sony production quality. All they're offering is colorful little games, as if we were still during the N64 days.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 50794 Posts

PC + Nintendo Switch. You'll never go hungry again for games😉

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy

@davillain: No but you'll get a headache from technical issues. Getting adequate sustenance might be enough for some but I want the buffet so I gotta get them all

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 hardwenzen

@davillain said:

PC + Nintendo Switch. You'll never go hungry again for games😉

But, as always, the Nintendo system is a side bish, and never the primary. Nintendo hasn't made a single system that's good enough to be the primary in decades.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3034 Posts

Kirby for GOTY? You must be high. I don't even like Souls games but I'm like 90% sure it's gonna be Elden Ring this year.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By hardwenzen
@valgaav_219 said:

Kirby for GOTY? You must be high. I don't even like Souls games but I'm like 90% sure it's gonna be Elden Ring this year.

Of course ER is gonna trash everything. You don't even need to be into the genre to see how much effort was put into it, and all without any kind of mtx milking or any kind of bs we're getting in most games released these days.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 dabear

@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:

That's not because they don't want to make them, but because they're completely incompetent and its too difficult for nintendo in 2022. They're barely able to do 3D, and they haven't even discovered what's mo-cap is and what's anti aliasing😂They're so far behind Sony masterpieces that we're talking at least 20 years behind Sony production quality. All they're offering is colorful little games, as if we were still during the N64 days.

I'm pretty sure Breath of the Wild is considered one of the best games ever made, so I don't think you have much of a leg to stand on.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 dabear

@girlusocrazy said:

@dabear: There are definitely good reasons to own each Nintendo system

Weird though that in a reply to a post mentioning Bayonetta you mention not having any games where you're pressing a button to move the "movie" along

I haven't played Bayonetta since the first one came out for the XBox 360. But, I did play HFW and GoW recently, and... yikes.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5494 Posts

How is 3 Houses the only Fire Emblem out on Switch...

They had such a good run on the 3ds and then went ahead and mess the whole appeal of the franchise with the school management system... now we cant get another game in the series.

I love me Dread and BotW. However overall the 1st party effort for the Switch has been really poor this gen... but so has MS and Sony. 3rd party / Multiplat games seem to be where all the effort is lately.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy
@dabear said:

I haven't played Bayonetta since the first one came out for the XBox 360. But, I did play HFW and GoW recently, and...

...spoiler, all great games. It's ok if you don't enjoy them though.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 hardwenzen

@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:

I'm pretty sure Breath of the Wild is considered one of the best games ever made, so I don't think you have much of a leg to stand on.

That game got buried by Elden Ring. Its inferior in literally everything.

The only reason BOTW got as much attention as it did is because it didn't hold your hand, and not holding your hand in an open world game is almost considered as revolutionary nowadays (this applies to ER as well btw). Other than that, BOTW did NOTHING that's in the "best games ever made" category, but you could include ER in there because of amazing wold design, top notch bosses, exploration, etc.

Nintendo cannot compete with ER, and BOTW2 is guaranteed to be way inferior to Elden Ring offerings. Creating an ambitious title for a cellphone aka the Switch is just lul🤷‍♂️

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 dabear

@girlusocrazy said:
@dabear said:

I haven't played Bayonetta since the first one came out for the XBox 360. But, I did play HFW and GoW recently, and...

I think that if they are your type of game, then they are great. And, the production value on Sony 1st party is undeniably great. But, much like Guardians of the Galaxy, I cannot get into that type of game.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 GirlUSoCrazy

@dabear: Completely fair

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#50 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 59088 Posts

@dabear said:
@girlusocrazy said:
@dabear said:

I think that if they are your type of game, then they are great. And, the production value on Sony 1st party is undeniably great. But, much like Guardians of the Galaxy, I cannot get into that type of game.

Unfortunately HFW is mediocre.😢