In 2014, how can you really go wrong with either console?

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

I'm in an akward position, I know there will be more PS4 exclusives that I like in the long run, however most people I know in the UK in my circles have gone ahead and bought Xbox Ones.

To have the system with games I would play later on? or to be a billy no mates?

But after looking into things.... isn't this the year of the multiplat on both?

What is coming on either system in 2014 that makes anyone go "omg THAT console is the one!"?

Halo confirmed for 2014, Uncharted confirmed for 2014 afaik?

The biggest hit of this year seems to be Destiny which is on both.

Sell it to me lems and cows. which one do I buy this week? Play Titanfall with my freinds (though I already do with 1-2 on PC)... or buy a PS4 ... and just wait it out? (I would only rent infamous).

Am I missing a pool of games from either this year? What kinect games are releasing this year?

NOTE : I would eventually own both, this just comes down to which one do I buy first.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

Get an xbox one, it's the one you turly deserve.

also, have you seen Titanfall on xbox one?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

....If the only reason those new consoles are worth a spin is a multiplat, and you clearly have a PC, why not stick to PC?

Regardless Playstation 4 on purely that it's cheaper alone. 100 bucks less, and has the long run advantage of Sony first party is trust worthy to at least be semi-competent where as Microsoft's first party is Turn 10, Bungie's tribute band, and Epic's tribute band.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@casharmy said:

not sure what the latter part means.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

stick to PC until one of the games you actually want comes out

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

PS4. £100 less, plus that Infamous bundle looks tempting if I hadn't already got a PS4.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 casharmy

@jg4xchamp said:

....If the only reason those new consoles are worth a spin is a multiplat, and you clearly have a PC, why not stick to PC?

Regardless Playstation 4 on purely that it's cheaper alone. 100 bucks less, and has the long run advantage of Sony first party is trust worthy to at least be semi-competent where as Microsoft's first party is Turn 10, Bungie's tribute band, and Epic's tribute band.

I disagree. Did you forget about Halo, and not to mention Forza and Gears.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

i love the expression, billy no mates.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

Buying either console means getting a very tiny amount of exclusives for a very large amount of money.

Better off just putting that money towards a PC.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

No real reason to own a X1 or PS4 yet, plus a price drop should happen sometime next year if we're lucky and there will be more games out by then too which can also justify the cost of ether system.

thageneral2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By thageneral2
Member since 2007 • 595 Posts

Since you already have Titanfall, unless you really want Infamous, I would wait for Destiny to come out. Surely Microsoft AND or Sony will have an extravagant deal ready for that games launch to try to get the jump on sales.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

PC+PS4 is the best combo. If you have a decent PC there's no need getting an Xbone to play TF. Infamous SS on the other hand is pretty sweet and only available on PS4.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

Since you already have Tit and fall...they're largely the same yet one is £50 cheaper, much faster installs and "free" monthly games. But even that console isn't particularly worth buying right now.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

All the best games are going to be multiplats including Titanfall which you can already play. I guess Destiny will be the reason to jump in and that will be best on PS4. I seriously doubt people with still be playing Titanfall in the Fall. Destiny and new COD will kill the user base for that barebones shooter...plus you already have it on PC. Buying a Xflop for a a Halo remaster...pffft.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@MBirdy88:

Listen rich boy !! If by any means you dont even care how many £ youll spend for a console ... or two , just buy both. By your post i can say you dont even care where your money will end up. Each either are not yours ( youll ask your parents to buy it for you ) or you have plenty to spend. Either way ... buy whatever YOU think best.

But if someone needs to buy what its best value , easily PS4. Way more powerful , it has really cool internet services , its leading on multiplatform games performance and above all , you know beforehand that youll be getting massive amount of quality exclusives in every single genre for all your gaming needs till PS5 release or even beyond that. Now add the fact that is 100$ cheaper ... there you go. Pretty easy to choose isnt?

Since you seem rich ,buy both and gtfo !! :)

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#17 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

You can go very wrong with the X1. Actually, you can't actually go right with the xbox one.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By casharmy

@jg4xchamp said:

@casharmy said:

@jg4xchamp said:

I disagree. Did you forget about Halo, and not to mention Forza and Gears.

Your joke sucks cock on premise that i already outlined them, and was better because 343 isn't even good enough to be pathetic ass bungie, they are somehow the poor man's Bungie.

why so mean?

I was just pointing out reasons he should get an xbox one. I think the TC will enjoy xbox ones superior cloud gaming once it kicks in, a true advantage for the xbox one.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

@MBirdy88: Friends is almost always my deciding factor on buying a system (or in your case, the first system). We're just a few months into another hardware cycle, so you'll have ample time to catch up on any early releasing exclusives for PS4 you might miss. And how many first year games do we end up talking about the rest of the gen anyhow?

Besides, it's easy to find an XBone now anyhow. ;P

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@casharmy said:

also, have you seen Titanfall on xbox one?

This. Titanfall is an incredible achievement unseen by human eyes. For what you're getting $500 is hell of a deal! The only reason its so cheap is because Microsoft is a family company and they want you to have their best tech at cheap prices. Buy Xbox One now its amazing!!!

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

Go with the console that delivered your favourite franchises. That's how I picked. Was an easy choice to be honest. Personally I'm waiting around to see if Quantum Break actually makes the Xbone a worthy purchase because so far all the games currently on it are extremely mediocre.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

Heh, both consoles are fine. Only reason I haven't been playing Titanfall is because DS2 and Infamous are eating up the few extra time I have. Hoping I enjoy the future exclusives for it too. And hopefully Rare's game is fun.

HadOne2Many

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By HadOne2Many
Member since 2012 • 1485 Posts

Get an XB1 now, have fun with your friends. Then when the games you are waiting for come out get a PS4. Why limit yourself to one console?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lostrib

@SNIPER4321 said:

I have PC. i can play any game plus last gen game too which are not in xbone or PS4.

No you can't

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
@lostrib said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

I have PC. i can play any game plus last gen game too which are not in xbone or PS4.

No you can't

Prove him wrong

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lostrib

@MonsieurX said:
@lostrib said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

No you can't

Prove him wrong

Using just a PC, he can't play any game. For example, TLOU or Uncharted or Halo 3

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@lostrib said:

@MonsieurX said:
@lostrib said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

No you can't

Prove him wrong

Using just a PC, he can't play any game. For example, TLOU or Uncharted or Halo 3

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

PC+PS4 is the best combo. If you have a decent PC there's no need getting an Xbone to play TF. Infamous SS on the other hand is pretty sweet and only available on PS4.

So your only reason to get a PS4 and PC is you can get infamous on PS4. Which he has already said he would only rent it.

Get the console that has the games you want to play. Don't listen to fanboys.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 lostrib

@MonsieurX said:

@lostrib said:

@MonsieurX said:
@lostrib said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

No you can't

Prove him wrong

**** you Wesley Crusher.

I'm waiting for Sniper to inform me that those aren't games, they're movies that he can just watch on youtube

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

@lostrib: i thought wesley crusher was pretty mediocre. one episode he wears the dumbest sweater i've ever seen.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@AzatiS said:

@MBirdy88:

Listen rich boy !! If by any means you dont even care how many £ youll spend for a console ... or two , just buy both. By your post i can say you dont even care where your money will end up. Each either are not yours ( youll ask your parents to buy it for you ) or you have plenty to spend. Either way ... buy whatever YOU think best.

But if someone needs to buy what its best value , easily PS4. Way more powerful , it has really cool internet services , its leading on multiplatform games performance and above all , you know beforehand that youll be getting massive amount of quality exclusives in every single genre for all your gaming needs till PS5 release or even beyond that. Now add the fact that is 100$ cheaper ... there you go. Pretty easy to choose isnt?

How am I rich? if I could afford both I wouldn't need to make this thread :S..... hell I'm getting my first one on credit.

Besides my overall point is, multiplats like Destiny rule this year, so this whole war is next to pointless.

If I was to buy a PS4 now with a game, it would cost the same as me buying a Xbox One with titanfall.... the cost of both consoles is pretty equal now. (mistake, £30 difference.)

@HadOne2Many yea thats my thinking. theyre both about the same value currently, I should of elaborated, this conversation was up for discussion beyond what I want I guess. I'm just trying to point out, that you can't go wrong with either.// depending on game taste ofc.

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Wickerman777
Member since 2013 • 2164 Posts

You can go wrong because PS4 is underpowered and X1 is ridiculously underpowered. And that's on day 1. Imagine a few years from now.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#34 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

PS4 is made by Sony, a Japanese company so I'm sure you'd hate it.

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Wickerman777

You can go wrong because PS4 is underpowered and X1 is ridiculously underpowered. And that's on day 1. Imagine a few years from now.

@treedoor said:

Buying either console means getting a very tiny amount of exclusives for a very large amount of money.

I've thought about doing that but there are two things currently giving me pause (Well, in addition to the high price of the hardware):

1: Litecoin miners have dramatically inflated the prices of the 290 and 290X and those were the cards I was most seriously looking at.

2: Not enough PC games have native controller support. I was considering picking up The Witcher off of Steam (Hoping it would run decently enough on my laptop) cuz it isn't on any consoles but once I saw it has no native controller support I lost interest immediately. If I can't play games on PC like I would a console then I don't want to game on PC.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@Wickerman777 said:

@treedoor said:

I've thought about doing that but there are two things currently giving me pause (Well, in addition to the high price of the hardware):

1: Litecoin miners have dramatically inflated the prices of the 290 and 290X and those were the cards I was most seriously looking at.

2: Not enough PC games have native controller support. I was considering picking up The Witcher off of Steam (Hoping it would run decently enough on my laptop) cuz it isn't on any consoles but once I saw it has no native controller support I lost interest immediately. If I can't play games on PC like I would a console then I don't want to game on PC.

My thoughts on this is... why should I upgrade? I don't struggle to run any game on a 6950 still. I have next to no faith in Star Citizen even though I am a backer.

Its the console-only games are the factor here. I cant get:

FFXV
KH3
Destiny ect on my PC...

I also can't get the exclusives. so... its alittle more than "a handful of exclusives" in many respects... and there doesn't seem like much on the horizon PC wise that screams "I need to upgrade". ofc that will be a different story in 2-3 years time.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Since you will buy both, it doesn't matter really. Go for the one you'll be playing with your mates more.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By treedoor

@Wickerman777 said:

@treedoor said:

If every game on PC had controller support then PC would be a much worse platform.

There are only so many genres a controller supports, and many genres it can only support a very low amount of sub-genres in. For example when it comes to FPS games you get slow, sluggish, and mostly CoD-clone gameplay on consoles because other stuff just doesn't really function well.

The PC is amazing because it offers what consoles offer + all the types of games that can only be played with keyboard/mouse, flight sticks, and all that other cool stuff.

If you only want a PC to play console games at a higher res then I'd say you're getting into PC gaming for the wrong reasons because there are thousands of awesome PC games without controller support.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 treedoor

@MBirdy88 said:

Its the console-only games are the factor here. I cant get:

FFXV

KH3

Destiny ect on my PC...

I also can't get the exclusives. so... its alittle more than "a handful of exclusives" in many respects... and there doesn't seem like much on the horizon PC wise that screams "I need to upgrade". ofc that will be a different story in 2-3 years time.

You should wait until those games actually come out.

Square Enix has already expressed interest in putting their future titles on PC, and maybe Destiny won't, but Bungie went multiplat for a reason, and Activision puts even their lowest-selling games on PC.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

You can go wrong by buying the console you don't want. Which for me I can never buy an Xbox again. Tried it twice and they're just not for me.

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Wickerman777
@treedoor said:

@Wickerman777 said:

@treedoor said:

If every game on PC had controller support then PC would be a much worse platform.

There are only so many genres a controller supports, and many genres it can only support a very low amount of sub-genres in. For example when it comes to FPS games you get slow, sluggish, and mostly CoD-clone gameplay on consoles because other stuff just doesn't really function well.

The PC is amazing because it offers what consoles offer + all the types of games that can only be played with keyboard/mouse, flight sticks, and all that other cool stuff.

If you only want a PC to play console games at a higher res then I'd say you're getting into PC gaming for the wrong reasons because there are thousands of awesome PC games without controller support.

Well, I think a lot of PC guys misrepresent PC gaming then. All the time I see console gamers saying they don't want to play on PC because they hate mouse/keyboard control (As I do) and then a PC guy will come back with "Oh, get with the times! You can kick back on the couch and play it with a controller just like a console" while not bothering to mention that's just with a few games. I expected RTS games and stuff like that to not have controller support but something like The Witcher not having it shocked me. I absolutely despise mouse/keyboard control. The mouse part isn't the big problem, the keyboard is. Moving a character around with keyboard keys is an utterly terrible experience and I can't understand how anyone can tolerate it. If that's what it has to be I'll be sticking with consoles despite the dreadful tech and high software prices.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

@AzatiS said:

@MBirdy88:

How am I rich? if I could afford both I wouldn't need to make this thread :S..... hell I'm getting my first one on credit.

Besides my overall point is, multiplats like Destiny rule this year, so this whole war is next to pointless.

If I was to buy a PS4 now with a game, it would cost the same as me buying a Xbox One with titanfall.... the cost of both consoles is pretty equal now. (mistake, £30 difference.)

@HadOne2Many yea thats my thinking. theyre both about the same value currently, I should of elaborated, this conversation was up for discussion beyond what I want I guess. I'm just trying to point out, that you can't go wrong with either.// depending on game taste ofc.

Dude, unless you have the means to pay it off, don't ever get anything on credit.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

Get an Xbone to play with your mates. Down the line, you can always sell it and buy a PS4 and the games you missed out on with the money.

@lostrib said:

stick to PC until one of the games you actually want comes out

Or that.

CoreyDrotzur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#44 CoreyDrotzur
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I would go with the Xbox One mate it will be worth it in the short and long term

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By lostrib

@coreydrotzur said:

I would go with the Xbox One mate it will be worth it in the short and long term

because....?

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

Well I would be going wrong if I bought the X1.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By treedoor

@Wickerman777 said:
Well, I think a lot of PC guys misrepresent PC gaming then. All the time I see console gamers saying they don't want to play on PC because they hate mouse/keyboard control (As I do) and then a PC guy will come back with "Oh, get with the times! You can kick back on the couch and play it with a controller just like a console" while not bothering to mention that's just with a few games. I expected RTS games and stuff like that to not have controller support but something like The Witcher not having it shocked me. I absolutely despise mouse/keyboard control. The mouse part isn't the big problem, the keyboard is. Moving a character around with keyboard keys is an utterly terrible experience and I can't understand how anyone can tolerate it. If that's what it has to be I'll be sticking with consoles despite the dreadful tech.

Well, there are still hundreds of games on PC with controller support. Basically every single multiplatform game on consoles and PC for instance, as well as tons of PC exclusives.

And you don't move characters around with just a keyboard. You move them around with a keyboard in conjunction with a mouse.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#48 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

honestly? no.

You really can't.

both (X1 and PS4) have a good amount of games and exclusives to satisfy one's buy. Heck even with the WiiU you can get a few good months out of it.

Vecna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Vecna
Member since 2002 • 3425 Posts

Neither of the consoles are worth a damn. They are both a lackluster stripped down pc with barely any of the functionality.

Picking one over the other is a damn joke. They are both equally worthless.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@clyde46 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@AzatiS said:

@MBirdy88:

Dude, unless you have the means to pay it off, don't ever get anything on credit.

I do, interest free, got it planned ;P